PDA

View Full Version : CCB tournament

09-11-2002, 10:35 AM
so who is the favorite in this little ccb tournament? Are there going to be any real players in this thing.

PQQLK9
09-11-2002, 10:42 AM
I don't know who the favorite is but IMHO they are all REAL players who LOVE the game and comraderie and this "thing" is the "1st Annual CCB Tournament"

Kato
09-11-2002, 10:51 AM
What is your definition of a real player? I consider myself a real player but I'm certainly at the bottom of the food chain. I see Ted Harris on the list and of course our good friend AZHousePro on the list. I've seen Voodoo play and I think he's dangerous when he's got it together, plus there are a lot of people signed up with really cool nicknames. They are probably good. I'm going 2 and out and hanging with my buddy Rich R (notice, no cool nickname) and Wendy.

Kato~~~~Officially not the favorite though I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

09-11-2002, 01:13 PM
Kato,
That was my plan too. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Brian

Kato
09-11-2002, 02:20 PM
If everybody goes 2 and out does anybody win?

Kato~~~the master of the 2 and out

09-11-2002, 04:21 PM
How do they intend to prove people are registered members of the ccb? Are they going to have a computer there and make you log in or something? /webbbs/images/icons/laugh.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
09-11-2002, 04:29 PM
If Brady or Chris in NC play.. they are my top two favorites (right after me.. LOL)

bluewolf
09-11-2002, 04:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Joe Bloe:</font><hr> How do they intend to prove people are registered members of the ccb? Are they going to have a computer there and make you log in or something? &lt;img src="/webbbs/images/icons/laugh.gif"&gt; <hr></blockquote>

i can bring my laptop. LOL

bw

Vicki
09-11-2002, 08:43 PM
I don't know if I am a favorite or even if I qualify as a "real player" but I sent in my request for a spot in the tournament earlier today. Seems the Behrman's have been busy with their mighty excellent press release so I doubt if they have had time to process my request. If I had to bet, my money'd be on Lil Ty... (but I'm hopin' to whip his lil ass in the finals!)

See y'all there!

Vicki

Warren_Lushia
09-11-2002, 10:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> If Brady or Chris in NC play.. they are my top two favorites (right after me.. LOL)
<hr></blockquote>

LOL, damn you ARE funny tom!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif j/k bro. its hard to look past ty laha and ted harris, but then again i don't know everyone's speed. y'all gonna run a calcutta? i'm assuming the "korean kid" is not charlie williams, as i do not believe the UPA is sanctioning the event, and in fact i believe they are boycotting any CCB tourneys. so thats 2 players, 3 bangers, and a suit and tie guy who won't be there, think you can survive? /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

this may be the 2nd biggest gathering of netfolk for a particular site's tourney that i have seen. sure looks to be alot of fun for all involved!! damn you even got "he he he" harry to try and buy some more friends /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

ok i'm gonna adopt some of the latest playpool forum lingo now. i'm out like tom_in_cincy at the derby city classic /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

warren..

09-11-2002, 11:00 PM
Well I can attest to Little Ty being a great player, although he needs to work on his break shot....have you guys ever seen someone hit the light above the table twice in a row? oh yeah I also put him out of the tournament tonight /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

p.s. his dad got 13th in the open last year, and I can beat him too. lol

NH_Steve
09-12-2002, 05:26 AM
I don't know about favorite, but I think John from NH might surprise a few folks as a pretty good unknown player, though he's as yet untested on the larger scene...

I won't get there this year, but if there's a CCB One Pocket tourney next year, then count me in!!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

HarryDC
09-12-2002, 05:35 AM
Warren,

What would a billiard forum ameba like you know about my friends?

You told me tell the 8-Ball players at Garden Farm Park hello from the wose. The players I talked to never heard of you. Was it one of your billiard forum fantasies like winning the CCB Tournament?

Not to worry Warren Holly Ryan is my friend and she will clean your lying clock if you play. he he he Remember Warren that is me laughing at you. If I were in the business
of buying friends Warren someone with your creditability would never make my list. Sorry

HarryDC

Rich R.
09-12-2002, 05:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> What is your definition of a real player? I consider myself a real player but I'm certainly at the bottom of the food chain. I see Ted Harris on the list and of course our good friend AZHousePro on the list. I've seen Voodoo play and I think he's dangerous when he's got it together, plus there are a lot of people signed up with really cool nicknames. They are probably good. I'm going 2 and out and hanging with my buddy Rich R (notice, no cool nickname) and Wendy.

Kato~~~~Officially not the favorite though I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. <hr></blockquote>
I consider myself a real player too, Kato, just not a real good player. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
You and I should make a side bet on who can go 2 and out faster. LMAO.
When we meet at the rail, I'll buy the first round. Unfortunately, I'm driving home that day and will be sticking to soft drinks.
Rich R.~~~not creative enough for a cool nickname. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-12-2002, 07:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren_Lushia:</font><hr>
i'm out like tom_in_cincy at the derby city classic /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

warren.. <hr></blockquote>

LOL. Dang I wish I would have thought that up.

Uh-oh I'm in trouble now. Tom's gonna bring the whuppin' and I'll bring the a$$ LMAO

Holly
09-12-2002, 07:51 AM
Hey There Vicki : )

I predict the top three, in no particular order will be...you, me and Lorri...eat your heart out boys! Glad to see you signed up. I know of one person who had to drop out so I hope you get in.

Hope you can also join us next season more on CAT.

Will be good to see you, take care!
Holly

Warren_Lushia
09-12-2002, 07:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: HarryDC:</font><hr> Warren,

What would a billiard forum ameba like you know about my friends?

You told me tell the 8-Ball players at Garden Farm Park hello from the wose. The players I talked to never heard of you. Was it one of your billiard forum fantasies like winning the CCB Tournament?

<hr></blockquote>

whateva harry!! btw, when the hell did i ever say anything about "the wose"?! lol, i don't even know what your talking about! but, which of the specific people i named did you ask and said they never heard of me? real curious harry? and how the heck would they know YOU?! did you offer them money?! as i write this i am talking to someone who was there (steven bradley, who is also great friends with lee (the guy who ran the event) and daz (likely the most famous player there). he says he has no clue who the heck you are. were you sneaking behind the tables with your digital camera, offering fiver's for friendship?! lol, get back to me harry, no one seems to know who you are!

warren..

John in NH
09-12-2002, 08:31 AM
Hi Nick,

I'll second that, looking forward to my visit to Virginia.

Regards,

John

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 08:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: John in NH:</font><hr> Hi Nick,

Regards,

John <hr></blockquote>

i have never played nine ball.all i know is from watching the pros on tv and am a 2 in 8 ball,so no question of who will go out first.i signed up for fun knowing all that.that way ill have more time to visit ccbers and look at all the kool stuff they are selling there.

getting excited!!

bw

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 08:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: John in NH:</font><hr> Hi Nick,

Regards,

John <hr></blockquote>

i have never played nine ball.all i know is from watching the pros on tv and am a 2 in 8 ball,so no question of who will go out first.i signed up for fun knowing all that.that way ill have more time to visit ccbers and look at all the kool stuff they are selling there.

getting excited!!

bw

Rich R.
09-12-2002, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren_Lushia:</font><hr> get back to me harry, no one seems to know who you are!

warren.. <hr></blockquote>
Many of us do know who Harry is.
Harry is also known as Gremlin on the AZB forum.
Although Harry and I do not always see eye to eye on things, he does more than most to support pool. You can see him at all C.A.T. tournaments and many, many other tournaments, including a lot of pro tournaments. He provides a lot of moral and finacial support to the game of pool. And yes, you will see him at tournaments with his digital camera.
Although I can't say that Harry and I are best buddies, I do respect his love and support for the game of pool.
Rich R.

09-12-2002, 09:09 AM

Warren_Lushia
09-12-2002, 09:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich R.:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Warren_Lushia:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; get back to me harry, no one seems to know who you are!

warren.. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Many of us do know who Harry is.
Harry is also known as Gremlin on the AZB forum.
Although Harry and I do not always see eye to eye on things, he does more than most to support pool. You can see him at all C.A.T. tournaments and many, many other tournaments, including a lot of pro tournaments. He provides a lot of moral and finacial support to the game of pool. And yes, you will see him at tournaments with his digital camera.
Although I can't say that Harry and I are best buddies, I do respect his love and support for the game of pool.
Rich R. <hr></blockquote>

hi rich, i'm startin' to wonder if your the last one to figure everything out?! course i know harry is gremlin (or germlin 50% of the time) where do you think i got these great jokes from?! and the whole thing he is talking about came from the azbilliards forum. the part you quoted from me was referring to this garden farm event in england in which he supposedly asked people about me.

and yes i am well aware of harry's recent tournament exploits, as he brags about each and every single one. course you'd think he'd be able to give an interesting personal account of one or two, but unfortunately, harry's reports generally consist of copying stuff off the azbilliards homepage and posting it in the forums. he also can't decide from day to day whether he likes pool or can't stand it, but as long as he throws a little money around, i guess that's cool!!

warren..

Amanda
09-12-2002, 09:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Great that your are entering the CCB tournament. I am glad you couldn't resist. Now, where is Amanda? <hr></blockquote>

I'm right here /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I'd love to play in the CCB tournament. It is short notice for me even though I could probably make it if I could room with someone for a night or two?
Are there any opening left in it??? Judging by the Q-Masters site its full /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

09-12-2002, 09:37 AM

Amanda
09-12-2002, 09:41 AM
Ok, I signed up for it, probably will make 1st alternate. Now is there anyone I could possible room with Friday and Saturday night? I'd be willing to split room costs of course.
And when do I get a keychain?

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 09:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Amanda:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: whitewolf:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Great that your are entering the CCB tournament. I am glad you couldn't resist. Now, where is Amanda? &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

I'm right here /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I'd love to play in the CCB tournament. It is short notice for me even though I could probably make it if I could room with someone for a night or two?
Are there any opening left in it??? Judging by the Q-Masters site its full /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif <hr></blockquote>

ask ww about room specifics but if it is a double,i think we would have room for ya as long as you dont mind bein in the same room with a puppy. LOL

once we kick the unregistered folks off their will be plenty of space. failing that, i offer my spot to you since you a greater chance of doing well

bw

Kato
09-12-2002, 09:45 AM
Much like Voodoo was willing to do with Tom Brooklyn if somebody needs to play and no spots are left I will happily bail out so I can heckle Rich R./ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif So Amanda (I love that name), if need be you may have my spot. Also, I'll give you a keychain. Just find me or Mike M and you can have the hook up.

Kato~~~nice guy extrodinare

Amanda
09-12-2002, 10:47 AM
Thanks so much Kato! You're a sweetheart /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I look forward to seeing you all there!
Amanda

Rich R.
09-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Warren, I guess I am the last one to figure things out. Since I only occasionaly check the AZB forum and read a small percentage of the post there, I had no clue that you were referring to them. I took you at your printed word here and tried to help.
Sorry for interupting.
Rich R.

09-12-2002, 11:05 AM
Talk to Holly about rooming. I think we're still looking for one more! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Amanda
09-12-2002, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Talk to Holly about rooming. I think we're still looking for one more! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>
Would probably be easiest if someone looking for a roomy for a night or two just send me a private message or an email and we can work out the details.

Amanda

9ballzz
09-12-2002, 01:47 PM
I would watch out for the "fillipino heat" unless he is still in the open on sat haha.

9ballzz

Vicki
09-12-2002, 02:16 PM
Amanda,

The tournament is probably not full. Some of the names on the list are not registered so will not be able to play. If you are able to come just put your name on the list of alternates and odds are you'll get in. I don't have any suggestions for roommates but I know that there are a few hotels down there that are really cheap. There are a bunch of people from our area who always go. I'll give you some names when I see you Monday.

Vicki

09-12-2002, 02:30 PM
You have a girly break...17 MPH at most. Everybody gets lucky every once and a while. LOL.

ps He begs for the 8 and the snap from my dad.

09-12-2002, 02:43 PM
i predict 9ballzz to win. He can slam any nineball combo. I think Pureza_5 will choke. Lol

Brian in VA
09-12-2002, 03:08 PM
Then everybody wins I guess! More time for socializing. I may go 2 and out and that's okay as long as I have a good time. See you there.
Brian