PDA

View Full Version : Say it ain't so Dennis, say it ain't so!

LWW
03-21-2011, 05:42 AM
It appears the politburo is perhaps getting restless?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A hard-core group of liberal House Democrats is questioning the constitutionality of U.S. missile strikes against Libya, with one lawmaker raising the prospect of impeachment during a Democratic Caucus conference call on Saturday.

Reps. Jerrold Nadler (N.Y.), Donna Edwards (Md.), Mike Capuano (Mass.), Dennis Kucinich (Ohio), Maxine Waters (Calif.), Rob Andrews (N.J.), Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas), Barbara Lee (Calif.) and Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.) ďall strongly raised objections to the constitutionality of the presidentís actionsĒ during that call, said two Democratic lawmakers who took part.

Kucinich, who wanted to bring impeachment articles against both former President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney over Iraq ó only to be blocked by his own leadership ó asked why the U.S. missile strikes arenít impeachable offenses.

Kucinich also questioned why Democratic leaders didnít object when President Barack Obama told them of his plan for American participation in enforcing the Libyan no-fly zone during a White House Situation Room meeting on Friday, sources told POLITICO.

And liberals fumed that Congress hadnít been formally consulted before the attack and expressed concern that it would lead to a third U.S. war in the Muslim world.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51595.html#ixzz1HEXCuS5I </div></div>

hondo
03-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Wow! A thread by dub praising the man he hates so badly!
What next?

pooltchr
03-21-2011, 07:25 AM
Obama sees the UN as a more powerful governing body than the congress of the US. Remember, he is a "citizen of the world".

Steve

LWW
03-21-2011, 08:54 AM
I love watching haters choke on their own words, as aitch is doing ... again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to stick up for Dennis on this one.

And, FWIW, I have a great deal of respect for DK and think he is honestly trying to do what he believes is right ... even though I disagree with him on nearly every issue.

LWW </div></div>

Soflasnapper
03-21-2011, 07:08 PM
"Politburo?"

Oh, right-- the tiny band of anti-war Congress people, who have no power and never have had any power against the pro-war faction in such matters.

This country would have been far better served if we'd listened to the likes of Sen. Wayne Morse (D-OR), who had the courage to vote no on the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution when all but one other voted yes.

Actually, the greatest POWER group opposing this intervention is some part of the TeaParty caucus, influenced perhaps by the anti-war position of Dr. Ron Paul (R-TX).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Boehner Tries to Bridge GOP Divide

Speaker John Boehner is struggling to find a position on Libya as Washington Republicans are divided between aggressive support for intervention and opposition to it. </div></div>

Boehner in a bind (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/strikes-in-libya-divides-gop-puts-boehner-in-a-bind.php?ref=fpblg)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> During the last few weeks as the Obama administration struggled to seek international support from NATO and the U.N. Security Council for a no-fly zone and military strikes, the conflict in Libya cut across normal ideological lines and party divisions.

The vocal group of Republicans urging caution joined liberals who fumed about the lack of congressional coordination and approval before the attack and worried that it could lead to yet another U.S.-led war in the Middle East despite the President's promise not to employ boots on the ground. </div></div>

Sev
03-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Obama may pay a steep price for this. The antiwar left has a habit of becoming rabid. They already are not thrilled with Obama.
If we get entrenched in another war because of unintended consequences the campaign season is going to be brutal for the president.

It would be interesting to see if Dems make a motion to impeach.

LWW
03-22-2011, 02:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Politburo?"

Oh, right-- the tiny band of anti-war Congress people, who have no power and never have had any power against the pro-war faction in such matters. </div></div>

NO. The majority in the senate and former majority in the house which as a bloc will rubber stamp whatever fiat spews from the lips of dear leader.

LWW
03-22-2011, 02:30 AM
I'm wondering when the mountaineer will apologize for his false accusation against me about hating DK?

hondo
03-22-2011, 05:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm wondering when the mountaineer will apologize for his false accusation against me about hating DK? </div></div>

I was talking about Obama, Dearest Leader.

LWW
03-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Nobody believes that, not even you.