PDA

View Full Version : Obama booed by the Boy Scouts of America.

LWW
03-21-2011, 11:44 AM
As a former scout, this brought a TEAR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAWsy7VV8oE&feature=player_embedded) to my eye.

pooltchr
03-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Some potential future leaders of our country may have been in that crowd.

It gives one cause for real hope, and positive change.

Steve

Soflasnapper
03-21-2011, 02:30 PM
I agree with these comments below the linked clip:

#

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> At a minimum, scouts should have respect for their fellow scouts, especially those African American Scouts who may look up to this president, who also was a former scout.
jabo22 3 days ago
#

My son just crossed over from a Bear to Webelos I. I hope that when he gets to the Boy Scouts, respect for your president, no matter who it is,is something is a principal that is taught. I hope my son, who is a Webelos, learns to be loyal to Akela. Perhaps that gets lost with time. Quite a shame. If I ever see that behavior from my son int he Scouts, he will no longer be int he Scouts.</div></div>

Dollars to doughnuts, those young scouts were not booing the message, but booing the president-- not for any reason they know, but because their parents have this attitude.

So this is no cause for celebration of their keen insight into this president, or some disagreement with what he was saying there. Simple passed-on fear and loathing from parents, which is a cycle best broken, not celebrated.

wolfdancer
03-21-2011, 02:47 PM
We are to believe from this bit of news that these young, impressionable, immature lads, are really qualified to judge the President, and speak out against him? Is that supposed to sway the opinions of the rest of America?
How about the Cub Scouts....have they weighed in on this yet???
A record number of left handed golfers, who play the game right handed....myself being a life long member of this fine patriotic org.....are now praising President Obama for his exemplary leadership!!! (at least the local chapter here is)

pooltchr
03-21-2011, 03:32 PM
How about the Girl Scouts? Care to weigh in with your personal insight from members of that organization, woofie?

Steve

LWW
03-21-2011, 03:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree with these comments below the linked clip</div></div>

And that's the difference between us in a nutshell.

You, and the far left see a man beyond derision ... a dear leader ... a messiah.

I see a man, flawed like all men.

LWW
03-21-2011, 04:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dollars to doughnuts, those young scouts were not booing the message, but booing the president-- not for any reason they know, but because their parents have this attitude.

So this is no cause for celebration of their keen insight into this president, or some disagreement with what he was saying there. Simple passed-on fear and loathing from parents, which is a cycle best broken, not celebrated.</div></div>

You really show try out this GOOGLE thingie ... you can find out lot's of neat stuff on things you aren't expert at.

Among those things you could have found out, had you wanted to, were:

1 - The POTUS is the honorary president of the BSA.

2 - POTUS dissed the BSA by not appearing at the national jamboree ... so he could attend a fundraiser.

3 - Eagle Scout certs are signed by the POTUS.

4 - Many were delivered unsigned, until it caused a political embarrassment.

So ... yes the booing was entirely based on a veru keen insight into the character of the current POTUS and his opinion of great US traditions.

LWW
03-21-2011, 04:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about the Girl Scouts? Care to weigh in with your personal insight from members of that organization, woofie?

Steve </div></div>

Isn't it revealing that they have no issue with children be indoctrinated to sing "MMM MMM MMM ... BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA" yet dismiss the children actually forming a political opinion?

Even if the booing was encouraged by the parents, and there is no evidence I've seen that it was, how is this different than teaching children to see Obama as a godking ... or to teach them to sing " HEY HEY, HO HO, SCOTT WALKER'S GOT TO GO" is the question i'd like to see explained?

Soflasnapper
03-21-2011, 06:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dollars to doughnuts, those young scouts were not booing the message, but booing the president-- not for any reason they know, but because their parents have this attitude.

So this is no cause for celebration of their keen insight into this president, or some disagreement with what he was saying there. Simple passed-on fear and loathing from parents, which is a cycle best broken, not celebrated.</div></div>

You really show try out this GOOGLE thingie ... you can find out lot's of neat stuff on things you aren't expert at.

2 - POTUS dissed the BSA by not appearing at the national jamboree ... so he could attend a fundraiser.

So ... yes the booing was entirely based on a veru keen insight into the character of the current POTUS and his opinion of great US traditions.

</div></div>

Yes, Google is a wonderful thing. But it doesn't always show the results you claim, unless you specifically only read the citations it finds of various RW bloggers' circle jerks of mutual citations of each others incorrect takes.

Evidently, going to the jamboree is no particular presidential tradition, since Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan and GHW Bush never attended. GW Bush missed one as well. That is a period from 1969 to 1992, or 23 years, without a president attending (although it only comes up every 4 years). Therefore, this is a presidential 'tradition' evidently STARTED by Clinton? And already broken by the very next president, who attended one, but also ducked one? I.e., not a 'presidential tradition' at all.

Apparently, the BS were booing ONLY BECAUSE THEY WANTED O TO APPEAR IN PERSON, and the occasion allowing that booing was playing his taped address to the group. (Did any of the others who never went send a taped address?)

wolfdancer
03-21-2011, 11:24 PM
uh, that doesn't make any sense,imo, since I did not bring the Boy Scouts and their political preferences up in the first place.
I just merely questioned what stock we were to place in that?
And since the boy scouts, for the most part are not old enough to cast a vote....I didn't understand the significance of their choice so why the **** would I care to comment on the Girl Scouts pick? I'd assume they wanted Sarah...who really gives a ****?
Why don't you give us some of your usual insiders comments?
Jesus H., how do you come up with these nonsensical remarks, and then think they are some kind of put down?

Stretch
03-22-2011, 12:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dollars to doughnuts, those young scouts were not booing the message, but booing the president-- not for any reason they know, but because their parents have this attitude.

</div></div>

You're completely nuts. You actually think that the booing was entirely based on all the things you just googled? BWA HA HA HA HAAAAA!!!!

The point to note is that when an individual judges the "intent", in this case some booing kids ( like that's a shocker), we often learn more about what's in that persons heart than in the hearts of a few in the crowd.

It must be a real slow news day...... St.

LWW
03-22-2011, 03:01 AM
So the Wisconsin teachers who took kids to the capitol were full of partisan hatred?

These rare moments of lucidity from you is what inspires me to continue.

Please continue with your new found use of logic.

Stretch
03-22-2011, 03:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the Wisconsin teachers who took kids to the capitol were full of partisan hatred?

These rare moments of lucidity from you is what inspires me to continue.

Please continue with your new found use of logic. </div></div>

I would but it's beyond you, as your changing subject, irrelivent post just demonstrated. Next deflection please, this is fun. St.