PDA

View Full Version : Fun Head Games

09-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Hi all. This is the first installment of what i hope to do more of. We'll see.

ENDOWMENT

Endowment is the ability to take an object and transform it. We pool players do this unconsciously whenever we get a new cue. So invested are we in it's worth, it's beauty, it's perfection that it usualy results in a boost to both our enjoyment of the game as well as our skill level. Eventualy the novelty wares off and your back to your usual self though. After all it's just a stick and there's no reason why it should be any better than any other stick of equal quality right? WRONG! The reason why it was so special at first was that you supplied it with a missing reality. It IS possible to re-create physical and phychological sensations at will through endowment. When this technique is sucessful our actions become more sharply defined and we bring about a heightened sense of reality, a distillation of the truth.

So now you have a tool to make "old trusty" breath new life. To practice this technique take a simple object like a paper clip, a shoe, or a peice of wood and endow it with special proporties in your minds eye. Like give it a different shape, or colour. For example, turn the paper clip into a peice of jewlery, or a shoe into a golden cup. Practice turning one object into another.

Also imagine that the object or objects that you are working with are an extension of yourself or a personal trait. You and the object are equally important.

With a little practice you can literaly transform that old cue of yours into the most deadly accurate weapon that ever picked a rack appart. It's part of you, and it moves with but a thought. The possabilities are as endless as your own imagination and i asure you, this will help. Thanks for listening. St

A mind not to be changed by place or time.

The mind is it's own place, and in itself

can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Fred Agnir
09-11-2002, 01:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Stretch:</font><hr>
ENDOWMENT

Endowment is the ability to take an object and transform it....

With a little practice you can literaly transform that old cue of yours into the most deadly accurate weapon that ever picked a rack appart. <hr></blockquote>
So let me get this straight. If I put my mind to it, I can make my shaft well endowed? Did I get that right?

ba-dum-dum

Fred &lt;~~~ especially the dum

09-11-2002, 01:11 PM
Uh Fred? Most of us already know that doesn't work.
Brian - a mind is a terrible thing to waste on just hoping.

Bob_in_Cincy
09-11-2002, 01:14 PM
Absolutely ... it's all in your hands ..... so to speak ....

Bob in Cincy

cheesemouse
09-11-2002, 02:14 PM
Stretch,
Now I know why duct tape works so good; it's endowed.

09-12-2002, 12:58 PM
I can't decide whether you're on to something here or need to get your meds changed. Any resource material on this idea or are you pioneering new paths in pyschology?

stickman
09-12-2002, 01:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Bob_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Absolutely ... it's all in your hands ..... so to speak ....

Bob in Cincy <hr></blockquote>

Nope ..... It's all in your head ..... LOL ..... /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

09-17-2002, 01:50 PM
Oh, now just have a little patience with Fred. I'm sure that with the dilligent use of this technique he will rise to the occation. lol St