PDA

View Full Version : many a tear has to fall, but it's all in the game

wolfdancer
03-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Get your hankies out for this bit of sad news.....
Der Beckster, Glenn Beck, hisself....may be leaving Fox News,
and rumor has it, will be moving over to the Comedy Channel....(aw, I jes made that up....the real rumor is he may start his own network)
Whatever he does though...he will be laughing all the way to the bank.:
'I say on the air all time, 'if you take what I say as gospel, you're an idiot.''
óGlenn Beck, New York Times, March 29, 2009

''I could give a flying crap about the political process ... We're an entertainment company.''
óGlenn Beck, Forbes interview; April, 2010

''I'm a rodeo clown. It takes great skill.''
óGlenn Beck, New York Times interview, March 29, 2009

''You know, we all have our inner demons. I, for one ó I can't speak for you, but I'm on the verge of moral collapse at any time. It can happen by the end of the show.''
óGlenn Beck on his radio show, Nov. 6, 2006

'Fall to your knees and thank God for Fox News. Pray for Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch. Pray for them. Pray for strength and spine, and pray that everybody involved has chicken salad for lunch so it doesn't clog anybody's arteries. Keep them going.''
óGlenn Beck, asking listeners to pray for Ailes and Murdoch because they protect Fox from ''the outside world,'' The Glenn Beck Program, May 27, 2010

''You can get rich making fun of me. I know. I've made lots of money making fun of me.''
óGlenn Beck

''I haven't seen Jesus and what he would do on a talk show on Fox, but I'm going to try.''
óGlenn Beck, FOX News Channel's Glenn Beck show, April 21, 2010

pooltchr
03-23-2011, 02:56 PM
And yet, so many on the left seem to take him so seriously!!!!

Steve

wolfdancer
03-23-2011, 03:19 PM
do you mean to imply then....that the right sees him for the clown prince of Fox News that he is?
On a more sober note...a report says that Glenn has macular degeneration...very sad news, even though I despise the man
My good friend Bill came down with that, and took his own life.
Bill would have "enjoyed" your anti-union diatribe,as he was part of the struggle when both sides were armed

pooltchr
03-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Beck's value, much like Limbaugh's is that he has the ability to get RATINGS! His outlandish style is enough to get not only conservatives, but liberals to watch his show.

The more the left talks about him, the better his ratings are.

I do agree that the vision problems are indeed sad news. Having been the recipient of more than 1500 laser blasts to the eyes, I have complete sympathy for him.

Steve

JohnnyD
03-23-2011, 03:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And yet, so many on the left seem to take him so seriously!!!!

Steve </div></div> Excellent point as it was completely truthful.

The truth will set them free.

pooltchr
03-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Every time they go on another rant against Beck, Limbaugh, Coulter, etc, they are just helping to promote their cause...and their bank accounts!
Some people are just so easily manipulated!

Steve

wolfdancer
03-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Sorry to say....those quotes are all attributed to Glenn Beck.
I can't help it if they make him look like a *******
Where you seem to get mixed up is, you believe him to be a news reporter, and not just a news commentator. Even he admits he is in the entertainment business, and not in the news business. It might help people to recognize the difference, if he did a little "soft shoe" or even some tap dancing , as part of his schtick?
In reality his opinions are not worth anymore then yours, or even mine, Although his sources are much better,his mind is made up beforehand. He would fall flat on his face if he tried to be balanced and fair.....people tune in to hear him recite the litany that supports their own unproven beliefs. I'd guess that the majority of his audience are "JohnnyD types"
Since I seldom watch Glen and never quote him as some authority, or any of the other talking heads on Fox... I can hardly be helping their bank accounts. I will begrudgingly say that Bill O'Reilly is the best of the lot, and pretty good at arguing for his side...a formidable opponent against the more fair minded newscasters on other stations

LWW
03-24-2011, 03:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And yet, so many on the left seem to take him so seriously!!!!

Steve </div></div>

Odd that woofie has no link to these quotes?