PDA

View Full Version : Yet another demoKKKrat candidate.

LWW
03-23-2011, 02:29 PM
When the demoKKKrat uses the justification that he's qualified because he didn't actually hang anyone in the city park, well it makes you wonder ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lake Wales, Florida - A mayoral candidate in Lakes Wales is speaking out about his involvement with the Klan.

70-year-old John Paul Rogers wants to become the next mayor of Lake Wales, but critics say he could have a tough time bringing the town together because he's a former member of Ku Klux Klan.

Rogers, who is currently a commissioner, spoke with 10 News Tuesday afternoon and says, <span style='font-size: 11pt'>"I'm not running for the Klan for Grand Dragon." That's because Rogers has already had that title.</span>

He blames his opponent Mike Carter for bringing up his former involvement in the United Klans of America.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"My opponent's been going around saying I hung somebody in the park two years ago. Well, we have a city ordinance against that and I'm sure the police would have put me in jail if I would have done that."</span> ...

Voters will make the final decision when they cast their votes in the non-partisan mayoral race on April 5. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Though party affiliation is not a factor in the race Rogers and Carter are both Democrats.</span></div></div>

Where do they come up with these idjits? (http://winterhaven.wtsp.com/news/news/former-kkk-leader-mayoral-candidate-speaks/49273)

LWW
03-24-2011, 08:16 AM
What does it say about our proud resident "DEMOCRATICS" when not one of them will denounce this, one of many, klan leaders in their party?

pooltchr
03-24-2011, 08:48 AM
It says absolutely nothing about them that we didn't already know!

Steve

LWW
03-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Perhaps so.

Soflasnapper
03-27-2011, 03:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It says absolutely nothing about them that we didn't already know!

Steve </div></div>

Partially right.

It says absolutely nothing about them, period.

As if we lived and breathed to swear our credentials to LWW's tune? Please.

What it means is that it is entirely tiresome to monitor LWW's latest dozen to two dozen blast postings (from today; tomorrow, there will be another couple dozen), and to repeat the entirely ineffective demonstrations that once again, he is wrong in whichever way he got it wrong this time.

Reminds me of when C-SPAN coverage in the House was new, and the two-minute addresses began, usually after hours with no one else in the House chamber. Somebody, probably Newt, got up and claimed that the failure of anyone to answer his charges PROVED there was no answer, and that this was being tacitly admitted by those too cowardly to defend their position which he was attacking.

Then-Speaker Tip O'Neill called it 'the lowest thing I've ever seen,' and directed the C-SPAN camera to pan around to show that there was literally no one else in the chamber.

The Speaker was right to call out such a tactic, and it is no better here.

Sev
03-27-2011, 03:36 PM
I am sure Gayle will be supporting is campaign.

Stretch
03-27-2011, 04:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It says absolutely nothing about them that we didn't already know!

Steve </div></div>

Partially right.

It says absolutely nothing about them, period.

As if we lived and breathed to swear our credentials to LWW's tune? Please.

What it means is that it is entirely tiresome to monitor LWW's latest dozen to two dozen blast postings (from today; tomorrow, there will be another couple dozen), and to repeat the entirely ineffective demonstrations that once again, he is wrong in whichever way he got it wrong this time.

Reminds me of when C-SPAN coverage in the House was new, and the two-minute addresses began, usually after hours with no one else in the House chamber. Somebody, probably Newt, got up and claimed that the failure of anyone to answer his charges PROVED there was no answer, and that this was being tacitly admitted by those too cowardly to defend their position which he was attacking.

Then-Speaker Tip O'Neill called it 'the lowest thing I've ever seen,' and directed the C-SPAN camera to pan around to show that there was literally no one else in the chamber.

The Speaker was right to call out such a tactic, and it is no better here. </div></div>

Excellent post. St.

LWW
03-27-2011, 09:38 PM
And the point of that was ... what exactly?