PDA

View Full Version : Biden threatens to lead impeachment movement!

LWW
03-23-2011, 02:44 PM
OH DEAR! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adpa5kYUhCA)

pooltchr
03-23-2011, 03:05 PM
I anxiously await the ducking, dodging, and spinning from our leftist friends on this one!

Could someone pass the popcorn?

Steve

LWW
03-24-2011, 03:14 AM
I suspect holes are being dug in the sand as we speak.

Soflasnapper
03-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Joe Biden is a formerly very long serving US Senator, during which time in office he has seen many attacks on countries that didn't attack us or threaten to attack us. Of the numerous such attacks, committed under both Republican and Democratic presidencies, the number he has opposed by threatening to support impeachment, is exactly 1 (one).

So his record is far from consistent, unless I guess you could say, his CONSISTENT record has been that he did not oppose the many such attacks by proposing, leading, or agreeing with impeachment to prevent them or redress them (except in this one case).

What's the difference in the case he mentions, since it isn't the party of the president leading such an attack (or he'd have opposed by proposing and promising to lead an impeachment the Reagan attack on Grenada, the Reagan attack on Lebanon, the Bush Sr. attacks on Panama and Iraq, and the Bush Jr. attack on Iraq)?

And if we correctly understand the difference, what would that difference indicate for the current attack on Libya, as opposed to, say, Clinton's war in Kosovo (also one that Biden didn't oppose by threatening impeachment, and in fact, supported, although also in that case, there was no attack on us or threat of attack on us)?

The only evidence we have is what Biden says in this taped interview. What does he say? Well he mentions that in this case he opposes, it would be an attack on a nation of 70 million people. Were any of the other attacks he either supported or didn't oppose by proposing impeachment ALSO on nations of 70 million people or more? No.

Are there 70 million people or more in Libya? No.