PDA

View Full Version : reads like murder to me

wolfdancer
03-23-2011, 08:01 PM
XXX (http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/03/21/35070.htm)

Gayle in MD
03-24-2011, 07:02 AM
Salt Lake City, huh? Figures...I hope Jones is indicted for murder.

G.

Soflasnapper
03-24-2011, 06:52 PM
The officer didn't get the memo to use the tazer on non-resisting, non-fleeing persons making no aggressive moves while trapped in a car?

This is an atrocity, but I think state sovereign immunity prevents any murder charge in the course of the line of duty. The nature of the lawsuit brought by the family indicates they know this already (although to be sure, it is not within their power to bring such a charge themselves).

Qtec
03-26-2011, 04:35 AM
Its quite clear that in some parts of America you are as likely to be shot by the police as saved by the police. Over the last 10 years, with the rise of the cell phone and its video application, more and more shocking incidents hit the web.

How about 5 cops against a guy in a wheelchair..with a knife!

disgusting (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7215952n)

don't taze me Bro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE)

Out of control? What did he do?

"Let me go. I'll walk out out here" he says...just before they tazed him.

There are are 100 similalr examples of the police think they are the Law.

Q

Sev
03-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Seems the guy with the knife was not confined to a wheel chair. At least that is what the reporter states in the clip.

Qtec
03-27-2011, 02:20 AM
The fact stands that they shot him while he was sitting down and had thrown away the knife.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A man in a wheelchair was <u>shot twice</u> in the groin by San Francisco police outside a mental health facility Tuesday.

A cellphone video uploaded to YouTube Wednesday showed four plainclothes and two uniformed officers surrounding the wheelchair-bound man. He was reportedly armed with a knife and a chunk of concrete.

Police said that the suspect stabbed one cop in the shoulder and slashed tires on a city vehicle.

San Francisco Police Chief George Gascon explained at a press conference Wednesday that an attempt to subdue the man with a beanbag shotgun had no effect.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>In the video, the man can be seen throwing the knife aside and then being shot twice by the cops.

“What the fuck?" a witness can be heard asking. "That was unnecessary."</span> </div></div>

link (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/06/san-francisco-police-shoot-wheelchairbound-man-itwice-groini/)

Q

LWW
03-27-2011, 05:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems the guy with the knife was not confined to a wheel chair. At least that is what the reporter states in the clip. </div></div>

This reads like a typical leftist rush to judgement to me.

What has been spoon fed to them was the family's side from the court docs.

The other side has yet to be heard, and the dash cam video has not been included.

I'll grant them that <span style='font-size: 11pt'>IF</span> it happened exactly as they describe, it was murder. That being said, I don't see how anyone can claim to be reasonable while passing judgement based on only one side's testimony.

Sev
03-27-2011, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fact stands that they shot him while he was sitting down and had thrown away the knife.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A man in a wheelchair was <u>shot twice</u> in the groin by San Francisco police outside a mental health facility Tuesday.

A cellphone video uploaded to YouTube Wednesday showed four plainclothes and two uniformed officers surrounding the wheelchair-bound man. He was reportedly armed with a knife and a chunk of concrete.

Police said that the suspect stabbed one cop in the shoulder and slashed tires on a city vehicle.

San Francisco Police Chief George Gascon explained at a press conference Wednesday that an attempt to subdue the man with a beanbag shotgun had no effect.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>In the video, the man can be seen throwing the knife aside and then being shot twice by the cops.

“What the fuck?" a witness can be heard asking. "That was unnecessary."</span> </div></div>

link (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/06/san-francisco-police-shoot-wheelchairbound-man-itwice-groini/)

Q </div></div>

And how would the police officer know he did not have another weapon on him? Especially after stabbing someone?

LWW
03-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Snoopy's second "TRUTH" contradicts Snoopy's first "TRUTH" ... if you can imagine that.

Qtec
03-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Why was he using a knife when he had a gun?

Who knows, maybe he had a bazooka concealed in his underpants.

One guy in a wheelchair outside a mental hospital surrounded by 6 cops and they shot him after he threw the knife away. Those are the facts.

Q