PDA

View Full Version : "Oh, My..." say it ain't so, Glenn

wolfdancer
03-24-2011, 01:15 PM
"Not only has Glenn Beck recently lost his radio affiliates in New York City and Philadelphia, today comes word that he's also off the air in, of all places, America's political epicenter, Madison, Wisconsin.

WTDY had been carrying Beck's show there, but at least one radio industry news source reports that they've dumped him in favor of more local talk.
The word I keep hearing from people in talk radio is that Beck's radio show draws a very vocal, but not very large audience...and that the sales departments can't sell time amidst his crazy end-time rantings.

Couldn't happen to a nicer madman."

JohnnyD
03-24-2011, 01:24 PM
WHY DID h LIE?WHY?

wolfdancer
03-24-2011, 02:09 PM
before we try to put an answer to your question, we would first have to ascertain who "h" is, and then we would need to know if his "lie" was in any way, shape, or form; germane to the topic of this thread, which for your edification, centered on the lies of one Glenn Beck.
Now if you want to begin pointing out your reasoning behind your insistence that the unknown "H" lied to you, and others, and then provide some proof to support your allegations....I would suggest then, for the sake of clarity,and to prevent your huge readership from being confused by two unrelated claims, one questioning the veracity and integrity of Glenn Beck, and the other...this unknown "H",that you then begin your own thread
(John 3,24)

JohnnyD
03-24-2011, 02:44 PM
I juss wanna no y? Y?

pooltchr
03-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Rambling on and on in hopes of sounding intellectual in no way can cover the fact that there is no point to your post, that you have no idea what you are trying to say, and remain pretty much clueless about anything of any significance.

Steve

wolfdancer
03-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Well, of course that is your opinion, and I confess to having a similar opinion re: your posts....
and you know what they say about opinions.....
If you don't like my lengthy posts, ignore them. Why would you bother reading them? I write just to exercise my brain.....it's kind of a "use it or lose it", at my age.
I'll keep on posting unless your objections are forwarded to a higher level, and acted upon.

JohnnyD
03-24-2011, 03:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rambling on and on in hopes of sounding intellectual in no way can cover the fact that there is no point to your post, that you have no idea what you are trying to say, and remain pretty much clueless about anything of any significance.

Steve </div></div>LOL.Now this shoul be on a bumper sticker.This is pure truth.
Wolfey,give it up your outgunned.

JohnnyD
03-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Why do you ramble on?WHY?

COMPREHEND!

BUSTED!

LWW
03-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Beck's ratings for 3/23/11

Net 5PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC GLENN BECK 2,165 558 1,080
CNN SITUATION ROOM 899 298 386
MSNBC HARDBALL WITH C. MATTHEWS 605 132 237
CNBC FAST MONEY 219 33 115
HLN SHOWBIZ TONIGHT 309 96 155

IOW, Beck outdraws CNN/MSNBC/CNBC/HLN combined in that time slot.

LWW
03-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Beck's ratings for 3/22/11

FNC GLENN BECK 2,318 656 1,139
CNN SITUATION ROOM 849 278 400
MSNBC HARDBALL WITH C. MATTHEWS 631 136 260
CNBC FAST MONEY 176 33 84
HLN SHOWBIZ TONIGHT 197 85 82

pooltchr
03-24-2011, 03:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I write just to exercise my brain.....it's kind of a "use it or lose it", at my age.
</div></div>

It doesn't seem to be working for you.

Steve

LWW
03-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Beck's ratings for 3/21/11

FNC GLENN BECK 2,334 489 1,137
CNN SITUATION ROOM 963 307 471
MSNBC HARDBALL WITH C. MATTHEWS 663 136 220
CNBC FAST MONEY 218 50 120
HLN SHOWBIZ TONIGHT 127 33 39

LWW
03-24-2011, 03:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I write just to exercise my brain.....it's kind of a "use it or lose it", at my age.
</div></div>

It doesn't seem to be working for you.

Steve </div></div>

The TRUTH (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/tag/glenn-beck-ratings) seems to show that woofie never used it and therefor has lost it.

In his defense ... it was put on the spoon for him.

JohnnyD
03-24-2011, 03:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, of course that is your opinion, and I confess to having a similar opinion re: your posts....
and you know what they say about opinions.....
If you don't like my lengthy posts, ignore them. Why would you bother reading them? I write just to exercise my brain.....it's kind of a "use it or lose it", at my age.
I'll keep on posting unless your objections are forwarded to a higher level, and acted upon. </div></div>
EARTH TO WOLFY COME IN......EARTH TO WOLFY COME IN......Oh well,anyway,Your "brain" NOT working!

wolfdancer
03-24-2011, 03:40 PM
He might be "entertaining", but I don't like to have the news "spoon fed" to me...(touche!!)

JohnnyD
03-24-2011, 03:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He might be "entertaining", but I don't like to have the news "spoon fed" to me...(touche!!) </div></div>
Someone is slipping you SUM TING and it AIN'T MICKEY!

BLOODY HIPOCRITE!

JohnnyD
03-24-2011, 03:43 PM
TOUCHE!

LWW
03-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Woofie licks the spoon and sits at attention waiting for seconds ... and if he files his report properly he gets seconds.

eg8r
03-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Isn't it nice to see capitalism work without government going in and tearing it up and ruining it for everyone?

eg8r

JohnnyD
03-24-2011, 03:57 PM
SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH He's on another hour long phone call to gail.

wolfdancer
03-24-2011, 04:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH He's on another hour long phone call to gail. </div></div>

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHit, ain't necessarily so!

JohnnyD
03-24-2011, 04:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH He's on another hour long phone call to gail. </div></div>

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHit, ain't necessarily so! </div></div>

TOUCHE!

LWW
03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
http://www.mobal.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/polls_VintageWomanOnPhone.jpeghttp://fortworthpetloss.com/wp-content/uploads/PetLoss_Telephone_Counseling.jpg

wolfdancer
03-24-2011, 04:22 PM
I wish that the admin here would view your usual insulting commentary as "attacking another member"
"Spoon fed"....hardly a mayor putdown, and that just because I prefer the news at MSNBC, to the histrionics "reporting" of Glenn Beck. Spoon fed seems to be yours and lwws answer for anyone that disagrees with you. At least it sounds a bit more of a sanitary arrangement, then dining at the Fox trough
I do occasionally watch Fox, but the overt bias, and interpreted "reporting" there turn me off before I can reach over and turn them off.

JohnnyD
03-24-2011, 04:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish that the admin here would view your usual insulting commentary as "attacking another member"
"Spoon fed"....hardly a mayor putdown, and that just because I prefer the news at MSNBC, to the histrionics "reporting" of Glenn Beck. Spoon fed seems to be yours and lwws answer for anyone that disagrees with you. At least it sounds a bit more of a sanitary arrangement, then dining at the Fox trough
I do occasionally watch Fox, but the overt bias, and interpreted "reporting" there turn me off before I can reach over and turn them off.
</div></div>
A "mayor putdwn" ! Wolfy ebonics.

The truth hurts.

The truth will set you free from your drunken stupor with that low class gin of yours.

Soflasnapper
03-24-2011, 04:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beck's ratings for 3/23/11

FNC GLENN BECK 2,165 558 1,080
CNN SITUATION ROOM 899 298 386
MSNBC HARDBALL WITH C. MATTHEWS 605 132 237
CNBC FAST MONEY 219 33 115
HLN SHOWBIZ TONIGHT 309 96 155

IOW, Beck outdraws CNN/MSNBC/CNBC/HLN combined in that time slot. </div></div>

If you think he rocks that time slot relative to his cable competition, you ought to see how far he is ahead of them on their radio shows!

He's MILES ahead of all of them combined on the radio, because they do not have any radio broadcasting.

Still, even though his competitors have ZERO listenership, the RADIO STATION OWNERS are taking him off the air in favor of better ratings and better ad revenues as a result.

So, audience size isn't the major thing for media outlets, except in relation to its translation into ad revenues.

Beck's large CABLE audience (which wasn't the topic of this thread until you hijacked it as deflection from the issue of his RADIO SHOW being taken off the air) does NOT result in large ad revenues, since over 300 national advertisers refuse to allow their ads to air on that show.

pooltchr
03-24-2011, 05:15 PM
This seems to be a good business move for many talk radio stations. Local talk shows tend to get better ratings than syndicated national shows. Our biggest talk radio station has only 3 hours of national programming daily. The rest are all local. They are one of the highest rated stations in the market.

Listeners often prefer the local shows, where they can actually get through on the phone lines and participate in the discussions. That can be much more difficult to do when you are fighting for air time with people from all over the country.

When you understand the business end of broadcasting, things like this are obviously business decisions, not political decisions.

Steve

pooltchr
03-24-2011, 05:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH He's on another hour long phone call to gail. </div></div>

They should get Skype and save their cell phone minutes!

Steve

wolfdancer
03-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Oh man, you really know how to hurt a guy. It's true that now that I am on a retirement budget, I drink Tangueray Gin, but there was a time I could afford Bombay Blue, and occasionally
Bombay Sapphire "a gem of a gin"
I just peered out the window, and I see the cocktail flag is up, in the neighbor's yard.
http://www.flagandbanner.com/f-b-images/Thumbs/funcocktail1218.jpg
When I was crewing on a "small",55ft, yacht, we sailed it down to Newport, R.I. for the America's cup races. Gretel, the Australian boat, had won the right to challenge....we had an Anchorage near the Rockefeller's 85 ft yacht......they never did invite us aboard for drinks, and I knew which hand to hold my stirrer in...******* prudes
I did get to drink aboard President Kennedy's press corps yacht. I also got to drink with the Aussie Crew, and they drank me under the table.....and, they went out the next day and raced.
So, you see....my gin drinking has put me in fine company in the past!

LWW
03-25-2011, 03:53 AM
Why does he want to put down the mayor?

Qtec
03-25-2011, 04:41 AM
Are you saying quantity = quality?

Q

LWW
03-25-2011, 05:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish that the admin here would view your usual insulting commentary as "attacking another member"</div></div>

I'm only responding directly to woofie because he had the courage to step forward and confess that he has been whining to the admins trying to get others banned again.

BRAVO!