PDA

View Full Version : Unconstitutional Wi Law Likely 2 Go 2 State S.C.

Gayle in MD
03-25-2011, 05:53 AM
<span style="color: #990000">And Likely to go to The Supreme Court of the land.

Any predictions about what the Supreme Court will do in this case? Will they be exposed as corporate tools, for giving away our entire election process to the bribes of CEO multi-billionaires, and then turn right around and take away empolyees rights to collective bargaining?

BTW,.... Wolf, Hondo, Stretch, Sack, Q., Sofla, Mac, Dick, Moblvs, basically, all of my friends, please don't respond to any from the right, within this thread....I'm tired of them hi-jacking every thread, with ridiculous juvenile RW personal attacks, and irrelevant Bubba BS...perhaps, we can create some space on this forum, where their tactics can't destroy all adult debate, even if it is ONLY within my threads.
Thanking you in advance....
G.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/24/wisconsin-union-law-shoul_n_840233.html

Wisconsin Union Law Should Be Considered By State Supreme Court: Appeals Court Rules

MADISON, Wis. A Wisconsin appeals court says the state Supreme Court should decide whether a law that takes away nearly all collective bargaining rights from public workers should be allowed to take effect.

A majority of the seven-member Supreme Court must agree to take it or it would remain in the appeals court.

The 4th District Court of Appeals said Thursday it is appropriate for the state's highest court to take the case because it presents significant issues that are likely to end up before the Supreme Court anyhow.

A Dane County judge issued an order last week preventing Secretary of State Doug La Follette from publishing the law, saying Republicans violated the state open meetings law when passing it

pooltchr
03-25-2011, 06:02 AM
Wolf, Hondo, Sack, Q., Sofla, Mac, Dick, Moblvs

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN YOUR ORDERS!!

DO NOT DARE TO DISOBEY!</span>

Steve

LWW
03-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Seems like a desperate plea for attention if you ask me.

Soflasnapper
03-25-2011, 02:40 PM
It's an interesting question why the WI Republican governor and Republican-majority legislature don't simply have a do-over, pass this thing using regular order in compliance with the open meetings law, and still get what they want that way.

The interesting answer appears to be that maybe, they won't get the votes from their own people, and would fail to re-pass it. One of the brothers heading each of the leg's chambers said as much (or some other high-ranking GOPr in the leg), that votes are a little funny, that sometimes they are there, and just as quickly, they are not.

Oddly, they didn't have to do this illegal (or apparently illegal) passage at that time, and now that they made this elementary error, it could jeopardize this whole thing??? Couldn't happen to a more deserving crew, I'd say.

ugotda7
03-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Let me translate - do not let anybody interrupt our liberal love fest circle jerk.

PO................?

TOTAL IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #990000">And Likely to go to The Supreme Court of the land.

Any predictions about what the Supreme Court will do in this case? Will they be exposed as corporate tools, for giving away our entire election process to the bribes of CEO multi-billionaires, and then turn right around and take away empolyees rights to collective bargaining?

BTW,.... Wolf, Hondo, Stretch, Sack, Q., Sofla, Mac, Dick, Moblvs, basically, all of my friends, please don't respond to any from the right, within this thread....I'm tired of them hi-jacking every thread, with ridiculous juvenile RW personal attacks, and irrelevant Bubba BS...perhaps, we can create some space on this forum, where their tactics can't destroy all adult debate, even if it is ONLY within my threads.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/24/wisconsin-union-law-shoul_n_840233.html

Wisconsin Union Law Should Be Considered By State Supreme Court: Appeals Court Rules

MADISON, Wis. A Wisconsin appeals court says the state Supreme Court should decide whether a law that takes away nearly all collective bargaining rights from public workers should be allowed to take effect.

A majority of the seven-member Supreme Court must agree to take it or it would remain in the appeals court.

The 4th District Court of Appeals said Thursday it is appropriate for the state's highest court to take the case because it presents significant issues that are likely to end up before the Supreme Court anyhow.

A Dane County judge issued an order last week preventing Secretary of State Doug La Follette from publishing the law, saying Republicans violated the state open meetings law when passing it
</div></div>

pooltchr
03-25-2011, 03:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's an interesting question why the WI Republican governor and Republican-majority legislature don't simply have a do-over, pass this thing using regular order in compliance with the open meetings law, and still get what they want that way.

</div></div>

Could it be for the same reason that Nancy had to deem a bill passed, rather than bring it back to the house for a full vote?

It would seem that the Reps have been learning from the tactics the Dems have used in the past.

Steve

LWW
03-25-2011, 04:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's an interesting question why the WI Republican governor and Republican-majority legislature don't simply have a do-over, pass this thing using regular order in compliance with the open meetings law, and still get what they want that way.

The interesting answer appears to be that maybe, they won't get the votes from their own people, and would fail to re-pass it. One of the brothers heading each of the leg's chambers said as much (or some other high-ranking GOPr in the leg), that votes are a little funny, that sometimes they are there, and just as quickly, they are not.

Oddly, they didn't have to do this illegal (or apparently illegal) passage at that time, and now that they made this elementary error, it could jeopardize this whole thing??? Couldn't happen to a more deserving crew, I'd say. </div></div>

Because the cowardly democrooks would once again flee.

JohnnyD
03-26-2011, 01:11 AM
Gail/wail the cabal woman.lol

JohnnyD
03-26-2011, 01:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's an interesting question why the WI Republican governor and Republican-majority legislature don't simply have a do-over, pass this thing using regular order in compliance with the open meetings law, and still get what they want that way.

Oddly, they didn't have to do this illegal (or apparently illegal) passage at that time, and now that they made this elementary error, it could jeopardize this whole thing??? Couldn't happen to a more deserving crew, I'd say. </div></div>

Because the cowardly democrooks would once again flee. </div></div>
Excellent post.THEY are cowards.THEY do not want to accept the truth.The truth hits them and they play deflect.They are like a black hole in the universe,never ending.

POS.

Gayle in MD
03-26-2011, 01:21 AM

I surely agree with you on that!

Seems to me it will end up in THE Federal Supreme Court, aka, the court of corporate interests, lol... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Qtec
03-26-2011, 03:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wolf, Hondo, Sack, Q., Sofla, Mac, Dick, Moblvs

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN YOUR ORDERS!!

DO NOT DARE TO DISOBEY!</span>

Steve </div></div>

Grow up.

Q

Qtec
03-26-2011, 03:47 AM
IF,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the Dems have used in the past.
</div></div>

..<span style='font-size: 14pt'>you must have slammed them for it</span> but now you give the Reps a pass.

You do it every post.

Q

Qtec
03-26-2011, 03:54 AM
Here is another classic example.

Q. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Even though the state is supposedly broke, top officials in Gov. Scott Walker's team were able to scrape together enough money to give a state job to the woman identified as Sen. Randy Hopper's girlfriend.</div></div>

...<span style='font-size: 14pt'>.and give her an $11,000 raise! </span>

Steve.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a Rep who hires his mistress.
<u>We have Dems</u> who just make their interns their mistress.

I don't see a whole lot of difference.

</div></div>

ie, ignore the facts and just say....'but the Dems', 'but Obama'...etc

Q

LWW
03-26-2011, 04:30 AM
Wasn't Gee and the cabal just wailing at the tops of their collectivist lungs about how a lower court ruling a law unconstitutional was meaningless?

In their defense, it was on the spoon for them.

Now, they have been spoon fed a different "OPINION" which they proudly repeat.

Qtec
03-26-2011, 04:40 AM
Geez. I wish I had a $ for every time you said <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">spoon fed </div></div>

LMAO

Q..............LWW.......spoon fed to the extreme.<span style='font-size: 14pt'> Repeats GOP TPs incessantly.</span>

LWW
03-26-2011, 04:57 AM
It makes your mouth water doesn't it ... it's called a Pavlovian response.

pooltchr
03-26-2011, 06:48 AM
ring ring!

Sometimes they just make it so easy, it's not even a challenge!

Steve

LWW
03-26-2011, 03:09 PM
They hang it like a Tim Wakefield fastball and then get pizzed when someone with a clue whacks it into parking lot behind the cheap seats. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Soflasnapper
03-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Could it be for the same reason that Nancy had to deem a bill passed, rather than bring it back to the house for a full vote?

That so-called Slaughter rule was proposed, but as you should know, never done. Whereas the GOP in the House not long ago proposed doing it themselves (and it is a relatively well-precedented step well before Slaughter's most recent proposing it).

Sev
03-26-2011, 06:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #990000">And Likely to go to The Supreme Court of the land.

A Dane County judge issued an order last week preventing Secretary of State Doug La Follette from publishing the law, saying Republicans violated the state open meetings law when passing it</div></div>

Its the state supreme court sweat heart.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Amusing%20Pictures/head_up_butt_syndrome.jpg