PDA

View Full Version : Hannity goes all-in on the Birtherism

Qtec
03-27-2011, 12:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox News is pretty rapidly becoming the<span style='font-size: 14pt'> Conspiracy Nutcase Network,</span><span style="color: #990000">LOL</span> what with Glenn Beck going all-in as a John Bircher, along with Sean Hannity's headfirst dive into the swamps of Birtherism.

After Hannity's initial foray into Birtherism in defense of Donald Trump on Wednesday, he devoted both of his subsequent "All American Panel" segments to defending Birtherism again. On Thursday, the panelists included former Maryland Gov. Rob Ehrlich, poli-sci prof Caroline Heldman, and ex-Imus producer Bernard McGuirk. It went like pretty much like the first foray: </div></div> link (http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/hannity-goes-all-birtherism-keeps-in)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last night, it was more of the same, with a different panel, including civil-rights activist Ron Daniels, Fox contributor Peter Johnson, and Republican "strategist" Dee Dee Benkie. Daniels tried pointing out, repeatedly, that Obama has in fact produced his birth certificate -- but that seemed to fly right over everyone else's head:

HANNITY: Do I think he was [born in America]? Yes. Do I think this is odd that they won't produce the birth certificate? It's beginning to get odd to me.

BENKIE: Yeah, but why not produce it? It's so easy. Here it is -- on TV, on billboards, whatever. Why not just bring it out? Why not show it?

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>DANIELS: It's shown time and time again.</span> Do we trust the Hawaiian authorities or not? I don't understand this. There is a problem here. There's something going on here, that people keep talking about this birth certificate, and there's a significant amount of people believe in it.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>HANNITY: Why haven't they just produced the certificate?

DANIELS: They have! They've shown it! You can go see it -- anybody can go see it, just like you can go see a copy of --

HANNITY: <u>That's not true!

BENKIE: That's not true. It's never been out.

HANNITY: Because they've never allowed anybody to see it. That's the point.

BENKIE: It's never been out.</u>

HANNITY: It's never -- see, you're agreeing with me that it's odd.

BENKIE: It is odd. It's very odd.
</span>
Yes, very odd, very odd indeed. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Odd that no matter how plainly the evidence is given to people like Hannity, they keep insisting that it hasn't been presented. </span></div></div>

Amazing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. President Obama has in fact presented for public viewing his legal birth certificate from the State of Hawaii. It was released in 2008. Here it is. </div></div>
http://cdn.crooksandliars.com/files/vfs/2011/03/ObamaBirthCertificate.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 2. A lot of people have in fact examined this birth certificate, including the fact-checkers at Fact Check.org:

FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said. </div></div>

Just another example of Fox making stuff up.

Q

llotter
03-27-2011, 03:57 AM
What the above certificate proves is that there is something on file that Hawaii accepted as evidence of The Moron's birth within the State and it is that something that everyone wants to see.

Gayle in MD
03-27-2011, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What the above certificate proves is that there is something on file that Hawaii accepted as evidence of The Moron's birth within the State </div></div>

Yes, and that is the definition of a Birth Certificate!

AND the picture Q., has posted, is a copy of the Birth Certificate.

This is nothing but the same tactic RePIGlicans always use when they have lost, delegitimize the Democratic WINNER of the election, by any and all means, incluidng lies and slander, whene ever RePIGlicans lose.

Corrupt, unconscionable PIGS!

G.

LWW
03-27-2011, 09:27 AM
I especially loved this part:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>DANIELS: It's shown time and time again.</span> Do we trust the Hawaiian authorities or not? </div></div>

As to believing the state of Hawaii:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The issue of Presidential eligibility as described in Article 2, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution is heating up once again as the Governor of Hawaii admits there are no records in state archives regarding Obama's birth.

Governor Neil Abercrombie is a personal friend of the Obama family.

As the rising tide of questions concerning Presidential eligibility placed increasing pressure on Hawaii officials to provide documentation, Abercrombie, as a friend of the family, reports that he took it upon himself to personally do some digging into state records in order to disprove the charge made by 'birthers' that Barack Obama is not a natural born U.S. citizen.

But Abercrombie's search culminated in the exact opposite of the intended result. The Governor now admits that there is no record whatsoever in Hawaii that Barack Obama was born in the state. </div></div>

OH DEAR! (http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-national/eligibility-issue-heats-up-as-hawaii-governor-admits-there-are-no-records)

LWW
03-27-2011, 09:40 AM
I also got a kick out of reposting this:

which by dear leader's own words is a forgery:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I discovered this article, folded away among my birth certificate and old vaccination forms, when I was in high school. </div></div>

OH MY! (http://books.google.com/books?id=HRCHJp-V0QUC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Dreams+from+my+father&source=bl&ots=PFcCd29JTL&sig=5Zw4knzouoNu9T3G3a20ILNlGyY&hl=en&ei=I4VJTJ33JcT68AanhOjJDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CD0Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=folded%20away%20among%20my%20birth%20certificate&f=false)

LWW
03-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Besides the fact that it looks nothing like a COLB of that era:

http://www.theobamafile.com/_images/NordykeTwinsBirthcertificate.jpg

LWW
03-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Plus how they ignore that ANYONE can get a Hawaii COLB:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Hawaii Revised Statute 338-178 allows registration of birth in Hawaii for a child that was born outside of Hawaii to parents who, for a year preceding the child’s birth, claimed Hawaii as their place of residence," the document said. "The only way to know where Senator Obama was actually born is to view Senator Obama's original birth certificate from 1961 that shows the name of the hospital and the name and signature of the doctor that delivered him." </div></div>

GOOD GOLLY! (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2008/11/a-not-so-minor.html)

LWW
03-27-2011, 09:54 AM
And not that the O-cult would dare question dear leader ... but his Indonesian born sister also has a Hawaii COLB and research on the CO:B presented by Obama is reported to have artifacts showing her name ... and that Stanley Ann Dunham wasn't even in Hawaii at the time according to her school records.

Sev
03-27-2011, 10:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What the above certificate proves is that there is something on file that Hawaii accepted as evidence of The Moron's birth within the State </div></div>

Yes, and that is the definition of a Birth Certificate!

AND the picture Q., has posted, is a copy of the Birth Certificate.

This is nothing but the same tactic RePIGlicans always use when they lost, delegitimize the Democratic WINNER of the election, by any and all means, incluidng lies and slander, whene ever RePIGlicans lose.

Corrupt, unconscionable PIGS!

G.
</div></div>

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Amusing%20Pictures/head_up_butt_syndrome.jpg

Gayle in MD
03-27-2011, 10:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox News is pretty rapidly becoming the<span style='font-size: 14pt'> Conspiracy Nutcase Network,</span><span style="color: #990000">LOL</span> what with Glenn Beck going all-in as a John Bircher, along with Sean Hannity's headfirst dive into the swamps of Birtherism.

After Hannity's initial foray into Birtherism in defense of Donald Trump on Wednesday, he devoted both of his subsequent "All American Panel" segments to defending Birtherism again. On Thursday, the panelists included former Maryland Gov. Rob Ehrlich, poli-sci prof Caroline Heldman, and ex-Imus producer Bernard McGuirk. It went like pretty much like the first foray: </div></div> link (http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/hannity-goes-all-birtherism-keeps-in)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last night, it was more of the same, with a different panel, including civil-rights activist Ron Daniels, Fox contributor Peter Johnson, and Republican "strategist" Dee Dee Benkie. Daniels tried pointing out, repeatedly, that Obama has in fact produced his birth certificate -- but that seemed to fly right over everyone else's head:

HANNITY: Do I think he was ? Yes. Do I think this is odd that they won't produce the birth certificate? It's beginning to get odd to me.

BENKIE: Yeah, but why not produce it? It's so easy. Here it is -- on TV, on billboards, whatever. Why not just bring it out? Why not show it?

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>DANIELS: It's shown time and time again.</span> Do we trust the Hawaiian authorities or not? I don't understand this. There is a problem here. There's something going on here, that people keep talking about this birth certificate, and there's a significant amount of people believe in it.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>HANNITY: Why haven't they just produced the certificate?

DANIELS: They have! They've shown it! You can go see it -- anybody can go see it, just like you can go see a copy of --

HANNITY: <u>That's not true!

BENKIE: That's not true. It's never been out.

HANNITY: Because they've never allowed anybody to see it. That's the point.

BENKIE: It's never been out.</u>

HANNITY: It's never -- see, you're agreeing with me that it's odd.

BENKIE: It is odd. It's very odd.
</span>
Yes, very odd, very odd indeed. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Odd that no matter how plainly the evidence is given to people like Hannity, they keep insisting that it hasn't been presented. </span></div></div>

Amazing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. President Obama has in fact presented for public viewing his legal birth certificate from the State of Hawaii. It was released in 2008. Here it is. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 2. A lot of people have in fact examined this birth certificate, including the fact-checkers at Fact Check.org:

FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said. </div></div>

Just another example of Fox making stuff up.

Q
</div></div>

http://mediamatters.org/research/200907230036

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/...hip-republicans (http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2009/jul/29/birthers-obama-citizenship-republicans)

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Birthers are citizens of Idiot America
The media must stop pandering to the conspiracy theorists who are challenging Barack Obama's US citizenship</span>

Dan Kennedy
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 29 July 2009 18.00 BST
Article history

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>
Just because there are people who believe some mighty peculiar things doesn't mean I'm obliged to pay them any attention. After all, there are folks who are convinced that the moon landing was a hoax, that Israel was behind the World Trade Center attacks and that the US government has been covering up the truth about the crash of a UFO in Roswell, New Mexico, for the past six decades. Not every ludicrous notion is worth the mental energy it would take to debunk it.

Which brings me to the Birthers – rightwing conspiracy theorists who insist that Barack Obama was not born in the United States and is thus constitutionally unqualified to serve as president. I had assumed they'd gone away last year, after the Obama campaign posted the then-candidate's birth certificate on the internet. But conspiracy theories are a matter of faith, not fact. So I shouldn't have been surprised when the Birthers rose up anew recently, receiving a respectful hearing from the likes of CNN talkshow host Lou Dobbs and various Republican congressmen.

But there's a difference between the loony ideas of yore and their latter-day incarnations. What had once been relegated to the fringes is now front and centre. The penniless cranks have given way to well-dressed strategists with expense accounts. The transformative agent: our corrupt and malign media culture.

I am in debt to Charles Pierce, whose fine new book, Idiot America: How Stupidity Became a Virtue in the Land of the Free, explains how talk radio, cable news shows and, too often, less dubious sectors of the media have built the promulgation of foolishness into a growth business. (Disclosure: Pierce, a staff writer for the Boston Globe Magazine and a well-known freelancer, is a friend of mine.)

Idiot America – not the book, but, rather, a state of mind – is based on what Pierce calls three "Great Premises":

1. "Any theory is valid if it sells books, soaks up ratings or otherwise moves units."

2. "Anything can be true if someone says it loudly enough."

3. "Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it."

These premises, Pierce argues, are at work in absurdities such as the very loud, very public and very idiotic controversies over "intelligent design" (the story of Genesis dressed up as science), the fate of Terri Schiavo (a brain-dead woman who spent years being kept breathing in a Florida hospice thanks to the intervention of talkshow hosts and cynical politicians) and global warming (Pierce spends some time in Shishmaref, Alaska, a once-frozen village now literally melting into the Pacific Ocean).

What's common to all of these examples is that they are built around debates that aren't really debates at all: the folks on one side are so flagrantly wrong that one is tempted to assume they are lying or insane. And as Pierce shows, we are not talking about harmless antics. Rather, such idiocy leads to death threats and warps the scientific consensus needed to stop the planet from heating up into an uninhabitable hell.

Is there anything that can be done? I think the answer is yes, and the way different media figures have handled the Birthers is instructive. Whereas CNN's Dobbs has pandered to them, and even suggested their ridiculous theories ought to be investigated, MSNBC's Chris Matthews hasn't been afraid to call foul.

Recently, for instance, Matthews went after Republican congressman John Campbell of California, the proponent of a bill that would require presidential candidates to prove they are "natural-born citizens", as the US constitution specifies. Under Matthews's relentless barrage, Campbell disingenuously said that Obama met the constitutional requirement "as far as I know". Matthews waved a copy of Obama's birth certificate at him and yelled at him: "You are feeding the wacko wing of your party."</span><span style='font-size: 17pt'>[b]Indeed. The Birthers are ignorant hatemongers, spouting nonsense about Obama's roots as a proxy for their profound disgust that a black man was elected president. And it's tempting to say that the media should simply ignore the Birthers – not to mention the global-warming deniers, the WTC conspiracists and all the rest. But given the cultural environment in which we find ourselves, such tactics would only lead to conspiracy theories about the liberal media – as if there weren't enough of those already.</span><span style='font-size: 11pt'>In Idiot America, Pierce quotes a minister in Dover, Pennsylvania, who laments the rise of a citizenry determined, at long last, to stand up for science and reality in the face of the local school board's Adam-and-Eve approach to the teaching of biology.

"We've been attacked," the minister says, "by the intelligent, educated segment of our culture."

Those of us who like to think we're part of that segment need to keep on attacking – to go after these charlatans and whack jobs, and to point out their lies and lunacy for everyone to see. Enough.</span>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Q.,
We will persist, in trying to educate "Idiot America."

It's tough job, probably impossible, but somebody's gotta do it.

Their idea of facts, is debunked "Idiot America" BULL!

But then, they voted twice for George Bush, LMAO!</span> </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
03-27-2011, 10:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
We will persist, in trying to educate "Idiot America."

</div></div>

That's going to be impossible, unless you first educate yourself!

Steve

Soflasnapper
03-27-2011, 01:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And not that the O-cult would dare question dear leader ... but his Indonesian born sister also has a Hawaii COLB and research on the CO:B presented by Obama is reported to have artifacts showing her name ... and that Stanley Ann Dunham wasn't even in Hawaii at the time according to her school records. </div></div>

I don't see how it helps prove O was born out of the country, when the above claim is that his mother was in Seattle, WA (also part of the country) sometime during the month in question.

Was she ALSO in Kenya? Was she ever in Kenya? If she could have flown from Seattle to Kenya, she could have flown from Seattle to Hawaii more easily.

LWW
03-27-2011, 03:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And not that the O-cult would dare question dear leader ... but his Indonesian born sister also has a Hawaii COLB and research on the CO:B presented by Obama is reported to have artifacts showing her name ... and that Stanley Ann Dunham wasn't even in Hawaii at the time according to her school records. </div></div>

I don't see how it helps prove O was born out of the country, when the above claim is that his mother was in Seattle, WA (also part of the country) sometime during the month in question.

Was she ALSO in Kenya? Was she ever in Kenya? If she could have flown from Seattle to Kenya, she could have flown from Seattle to Hawaii more easily. </div></div>

I'm not claiming that Obama wasn't born in the US.

I am claiming that the actual BC has data that severely embarrasses dear leader.

If I had to make a gut level guess ... I'd guess that his actual father wasn't Barack Hussein Obama Junior, but that is admittedly speculation.

LWW

Gayle in MD
03-27-2011, 05:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And not that the O-cult would dare question dear leader ... but his Indonesian born sister also has a Hawaii COLB and research on the CO:B presented by Obama is reported to have artifacts showing her name ... and that Stanley Ann Dunham wasn't even in Hawaii at the time according to her school records. </div></div>

Was she ALSO in Kenya? Was she ever in Kenya? If she could have flown from Seattle to Kenya, she could have flown from Seattle to Hawaii more easily. </div></div>

When does he ever post anything, that proves anything? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

The titles tell the whole story, lol...same ol' BS.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=105233

LWW
03-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Gee is desperately grasping at straws again ... using a 2 year old piece unrelated to Abercronbie in a quite lame attenmpt to say that it trumps his 2011 confession that Hawaii has no birth records for dear leader.

Logic, in combination with Obama's own words, demands that the COLB the far left so desperately clings to is a fake.

eg8r
03-28-2011, 09:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox News is pretty rapidly becoming the Conspiracy Nutcase Network,</div></div>Fox News is now becoming CNN?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
03-28-2011, 11:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And not that the O-cult would dare question dear leader ... but his Indonesian born sister also has a Hawaii COLB and research on the CO:B presented by Obama is reported to have artifacts showing her name ... and that Stanley Ann Dunham wasn't even in Hawaii at the time according to her school records. </div></div>

I am claiming that the actual BC has data that severely embarrasses dear leader.

If I had to make a gut level guess ... I'd guess that his actual father wasn't Barack Hussein Obama Junior, but that is admittedly speculation.

LWW </div></div>

Ok, then you sound like Hannity, who says he believes Obama was born in the country.

Since Hannity believes this, and you believe it (evidently), then given that belief, there isn't any Constitutional question here, only an effort to find out some embarrassing detail(s) of the original BC to discredit or harm the president politically.

Sounds right. But shorn of the Constitutional question, and admitting it's only an effort to politically damage Obama, then the proper course of action is political in return.

And misleading the ignoratii who think it's a live Constitutional question is just one of the many bad faith false suggestions O's opponents are willing to falsely maintain, for maximum political advantage. Typical, and we see a lot of it-- MOST of the anti-Obama claims are of this variety. Odd, with so many real criticism that could properly be brought to bear against this administration, that they go to the gutter of lies instead. Force of habit, I think.

LWW
03-28-2011, 12:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since Hannity believes this, and you believe it (evidently), then given that belief, there isn't any Constitutional question here, only an effort to find out some embarrassing detail(s) of the original BC to discredit or harm the president politically.</div></div>

How lame is that argument.

I suspect the guy driving in the lane next to me has a license also.

Should the law never expect them to produce evidence of this as needed?

Gayle in MD
03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And not that the O-cult would dare question dear leader ... but his Indonesian born sister also has a Hawaii COLB and research on the CO:B presented by Obama is reported to have artifacts showing her name ... and that Stanley Ann Dunham wasn't even in Hawaii at the time according to her school records. </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

Ok, then you sound like Hannity, who says he believes Obama was born in the country.

Since Hannity believes this, and you believe it (evidently), then given that belief, there isn't any Constitutional question here, only an effort to find out some embarrassing detail(s) of the original BC to discredit or harm the president politically.

Sounds right. But shorn of the Constitutional question, and admitting it's only an effort to politically damage Obama, then the proper course of action is political in return.

And misleading the ignoratii who think it's a live Constitutional question is just one of the many bad faith false suggestions O's opponents are willing to falsely maintain, for maximum political advantage. Typical, and we see a lot of it-- MOST of the anti-Obama claims are of this variety. Odd, with so many real criticism that could properly be brought to bear against this administration, that they go to the gutter of lies instead. Force of habit, I think. </div></div>

Yes, it is their habit. And, how very absurd th suggest that this President, has annything in his past, that would embarrass him. He has led a life of utmost honor, integrity and class. That's exactly why the right hate him so much. He makes them feel like failures.

As I've always said, politics is a dirty business, but Republicans make it a filthy dirty business.

Ignoratii? LOL..good description of them. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Soflasnapper
03-28-2011, 01:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since Hannity believes this, and you believe it (evidently), then given that belief, there isn't any Constitutional question here, only an effort to find out some embarrassing detail(s) of the original BC to discredit or harm the president politically.</div></div>

Should the law never expect them to produce evidence of this as needed? </div></div>

The police never engage in stopping people only to verify that they have a license. Everyone is assumed to have a license if they're driving, and its production is only required if there is some actual reason for stopping them apart from this kind of inquiry.

Same with some demand of proof of citizenship. Absent evidence to the contrary, all candidates are assumed as eligible on citizenship grounds. On a related issue, proof that a member of Congress lives in their district is also not routinely required of all candidates ahead of time, even though it may be a legal requirement.

And frankly, there is zero credible evidence, although some willfully misrepresented evidence (the grandmother's statement, or the now-proven phony Kenyan BC, e.g.), casting any doubt on Obama's stated place of birth.

It's close to a demand that although one has a diploma from a university, one must show transcripts of each years' grades before that will be accepted.

LWW
03-29-2011, 03:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since Hannity believes this, and you believe it (evidently), then given that belief, there isn't any Constitutional question here, only an effort to find out some embarrassing detail(s) of the original BC to discredit or harm the president politically.</div></div>

Should the law never expect them to produce evidence of this as needed? </div></div>

The police never engage in stopping people only to verify that they have a license. Everyone is assumed to have a license if they're driving, and its production is only required if there is some actual reason for stopping them apart from this kind of inquiry.

Same with some demand of proof of citizenship. Absent evidence to the contrary, all candidates are assumed as eligible on citizenship grounds. On a related issue, proof that a member of Congress lives in their district is also not routinely required of all candidates ahead of time, even though it may be a legal requirement.

And frankly, there is zero credible evidence, although some willfully misrepresented evidence (the grandmother's statement, or the now-proven phony Kenyan BC, e.g.), casting any doubt on Obama's stated place of birth.

It's close to a demand that although one has a diploma from a university, one must show transcripts of each years' grades before that will be accepted. </div></div>

Wrong again ... but you should be used to that by now.

Random DUI checkpoints are common across the land, and a BC is required to get a passport or DL.