PDA

View Full Version : "Al-Qaeda snatched missiles" in Libya

Sev
03-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Cant wait to see what the libs say when they start shooting down commercial airliners.
Lets hear it for the sock puppet!! Great move!!

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/03/al-qaeda-snatched-missiles-in-libya.html

<span style="color: #000000">Only Obama knows what was behind his insane rush to Libya to fight for the sharia alongside al qaeda. But it is heart dropping. And the consequences just keep on coming.

JAKE TAPPER, guest-anchoring "This Week," to Gates:

"Do you think we'll be gone [from the Libya operation] by the end of the year - will the mission be over by the end of the year?"

GATES: "I don't think anybody knows the answer."

CLINTON: "I think this a watershed moment in international decision-making. We learned a lot in the 1990s: We saw what happened in Rwanda. It took a long time in the Balkans, in Kosovo, to deal with a tyrant. ... What has happened since March 1st, and we're not even done with the month, demonstrates really remarkable leadership."

TAPPER: " Do you think Libya posed an actual or imminent threat to the United States?"

GATES: "No, no. It was not -- it was not a vital national interest to the United States, but it was an interest: ... the engagement of the Arabs, the engagement of the Europeans, the general humanitarian question that was at stake ... [Y]ou had a potentially significantly destabilizing event taking place in Libya that put at risk potentially the revolutions in both Tunisia and Egypt."

TAPPER: "What do say to the people in Ivory Coast or Syria, who say, 'Where's OUR no-fly zone? We're being killed by OUR government, too."

Worse still? You ain't seen nothing yet. As for 2012 -- anyone, and I mean anyone, other than this traitor. America cannot survive 6 more years of this wrongheaded and strangely motivated incompetence. The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration's War on America http://www.amazon.com/dp/1439189307?tag=...J5GTC47KSBTNMZ& (http://www.amazon.com/dp/1439189307?tag=atlasshrugs-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=1439189307&adid=1C6TN7J5GTC47KSBTNMZ&)

'Al-Qaeda snatched missiles' in Libya hat tip Van ews.com.au http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/al-...4#ixzz1Hffm5oRa (http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/al-qaeda-snatched-missiles-in-libya/story-e6frfku0-1226028543204#ixzz1Hffm5oRa)

AL-QAEDA'S offshoot in North Africa has snatched surface-to-air missiles from an arsenal in Libya during the civil strife there, Chad's President says.

Idriss Deby Itno did not say how many surface-to-air missiles were stolen, but told the African weekly Jeune Afrique that he was "100 per cent sure" of his assertion.

"The Islamists of al-Qaeda took advantage of the pillaging of arsenals in the rebel zone to acquire arms, including surface-to-air missiles, which were then smuggled into their sanctuaries in Tenere," a desert region of the Sahara that stretches from northeast Niger to western Chad, Deby said in the interview.

"We have the same information," about heavy weapons, including SAM 7 missiles, a military source from Niger said.

"Islamists," what an asinine word. Enough already with this stupidity</span>

pooltchr
03-28-2011, 09:57 AM
You would think they would have figured out by now, it is much easier to get into a war than it is to get out of one.

Steve

Qtec
03-28-2011, 03:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You would think they would have figured out by now, it is much easier to get into a war than it is to get out of one.

Steve </div></div>

Two words. Iraq. Afghanistan.

Q

pooltchr
03-28-2011, 03:32 PM
So I take it you don't agree with this most recent action?

Looks like the latest estimate for US involvement has gone from "weeks" to somewhere around the end of the year.

Steve

Soflasnapper
03-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Only Obama knows what was behind his insane rush to Libya to fight for the sharia alongside al qaeda. But it is heart dropping. And the consequences just keep on coming.

I suppose this is Pam Geller's own writing, as it is incredibly stupid and false (which we've grown to expect from her).

Insane rush? Really?

I don't know about her, but others of her conservative bent were highly critical of Obama's failure to act swiftly, and instead, dithering.

I think it is rather clear he was quite reluctant to do this, far from insanely RUSHING to do it. For good reason, in my view, as there were Americans in country during the beginning of this. But the conservative critics were right that he was not rushing into action; she is re-writing history here.

And contrast how Sev wants to blame Obama for hostile parties getting SAMs, when he had nothing to do with that, when Reagan deliberately supplied TOW missiles to the mujahadin, over direct warnings that these then-current 'allies' would turn against us and use these weapons against us.

Lastly, there is no such thing as al Qaeda. It's the Emmanuel Goldstein come to life in this world (a mythical all-powerful multi-purpose blameable foe in Orwell's <u>1984</u>).

LWW
03-29-2011, 03:58 AM
A missile up the tent of Qaddafyduck kept him silent for 25 years.

An assassination would have kept him silent forever.

The US stumbles into these debacles because, due to PC insanity, we lack the stones to handle things correctly.

LWW
03-29-2011, 04:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And contrast how Sev wants to blame Obama for hostile parties getting SAMs, when he had nothing to do with that, when Reagan deliberately supplied TOW missiles to the mujahadin, over direct warnings that these then-current 'allies' would turn against us and use these weapons against us.</div></div>

And there you go with the incessant double standards.

It was the mantra that it was all <span style='font-size: 14pt'>B-B-B-BOOOOSH'S FAULT!!!!</span> when every armory in Iraq wasn't sealed immediately.

I concur that this was an unrealistic assumption then as it is now.

OTOH, I can see how someone could make the argument that it was valid then and now.

It requires doublethink, however, to believe it was true then but not now.

LWW
03-29-2011, 04:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lastly, there is no such thing as al Qaeda. It's the Emmanuel Goldstein come to life in this world (a mythical all-powerful multi-purpose blameable foe in Orwell's <u>1984</u>).</div></div>

I always suspected you to be a Jeff Rense fan.

Soflasnapper
03-30-2011, 09:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[Robin Cook, a former British MP and Minister of Foreign Affairs wrote that Al-Qaeda, "literally 'the database', was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians." Thus, "Al-Qaeda" was born as an instrument of western intelligence agencies. This account of al-Qaeda was further corroborated by a former French military intelligence agent, who stated that, "In the mid-1980s, Al Qaida was a database," and that it remained as such into the 1990s. He contended that, "Al Qaida was neither a terrorist group nor Osama bin Laden's personal property," and further: "The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows this."--Andrew Gavin Marshall, "The Imperial Anatomy of Al-Qaeda: The CIA's Drug-Running Terrorists and the 'Arc of Crisis'," Global Research, September 5, 2010] </div></div>

Al Qaeda itself doesn't exist (http://www.twf.org/News/Y2003/0622-Qaeda.html)

LWW
03-31-2011, 03:35 AM
Go ahead and spit it out ... this always ends in the same place ... who really is behind all this?

LWW
03-31-2011, 03:36 AM
So, where in that quote does it say they don't exist?

What's that?

It doesn't?

But it can't be blamed on the Jews without using this false basis?

Imagine that.

Qtec
03-31-2011, 05:37 AM
Facts.

After the fall of the USSR, there was no military threat any more. Good time to reduce military spending you would think, the war was won.

According to the shock doctrine, if there is no threat you have to invent one.

Q............?