PDA

View Full Version : Eric Cantor Doesn't Know How Bills Become Law

Gayle in MD
04-01-2011, 06:06 AM
http://fuckconservatives.wordpress.com/2...ll-becomes-law/ (http://fuckconservatives.wordpress.com/2011/03/30/lawrence-odonnell-eric-cantor-doesnt-know-how-a-bill-becomes-law/)

What a dope! This isn't the first time this guy has shown us how dumb he is....and Boehner is first runner up, didn't know the Constitution from the Bill Of Rights.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
04-01-2011, 06:41 AM
Nice link. I'm glad to see that the "lady" seeks out sources with names like that.

http://fuckconservatives.wordpress.com

Do you really think that website is going to be anything other than a source for leftwing hatre.......oh, never mind. I understand why you would be drawn to it!

Steve

LWW
04-01-2011, 06:50 AM
That's actually hilarious being that the democrooks were just recently being cheered on by agitprops such as Gee to "DEEM" a bill passed.

Qtec
04-01-2011, 07:40 AM
No comment on the fact that Cantor has no idea how Govt works?

Thought so.

Either he is as dumb as a bucket of hair or he is lying! Which do you think it is?

Q

Q

Qtec
04-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Another non answer. That's 2 out of 2.

Q

pooltchr
04-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Comments from a web site with a name like this one are not worthy of an answer. And anyone who would go there for anything they might consider factual is a fool.

Sorry....but if the shoe fits....

Steve

Soflasnapper
04-01-2011, 09:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's actually hilarious being that the democrooks were just recently being cheered on by agitprops such as Gee to "DEEM" a bill passed. </div></div>

A childish jibe, that. Because deeming is an allowable process, as the Constitution allows the rules of each body to be set by that body. This was not a new unknown and illegitimate process, but one that had been used before by both parties in Congress.

And of course, that one house of Congress passed its version of a bill that way does not short circuit the requirement that the other house also pass it, and that the president sign the bill before it becomes law.

ugotda7
04-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Fuc..............................?

JohnnyD
04-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Your not right in the head.

SHALOM.

LWW
04-02-2011, 11:11 PM
None of that changes the fact that Gee was cheering them to do so and now chastising the other side for threatening the same tactic.

That is what's called partisan hypocrisy.

I, OTOH, think it's a cowardly act now and was a cowardly act then.

That's called judging by a single standard.

Anything else I can help you to understand?

Soflasnapper
04-03-2011, 02:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">None of that changes the fact that Gee was cheering them to do so and now chastising the other side for threatening the same tactic.

That is what's called partisan hypocrisy.

I, OTOH, think it's a cowardly act now and was a cowardly act then.

That's called judging by a single standard.

Anything else I can help you to understand? </div></div>

It is absolutely true that when the GOP did some deeming, it was attacked as illegitimate by the Dems. Then, when the Dems proposed it (although didn't do it), THEY were attacked by the GOP as wanting to do something horrible and unConstitutional.

Totally true.

Now, how do we determine which party has covered itself in glory in these incidents, and which has been covered in sleazy mud? Is the answer, neither have glory, and both are mudded up?

I'd go with that. Hypocritical pretzel like positions are endemic in politics, and it will probably be ever thus.

So, logically, all we can do is criticize a private citizen's postings! I see it now so clearly. Way to cut that Gordian knot!

Gayle in MD
04-03-2011, 05:21 PM
I actually don't recall this tactic ever being used beore.

Cantor is saying that if the Senate doesn't pass it, it is deemed passed anyway, and will become law, even without the President's signature.

I've never seen an overreach like this.

G.

LWW
04-04-2011, 02:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, logically, all we can do is criticize a private citizen's postings! I see it now so clearly. Way to cut that Gordian knot! </div></div>

And there'e your error.

I didn't criticize anyone, I merely pointed out their seismic shift in what they find acceptable.

One of the many issues here is that the far left feels that they are beyond question in any form.