PDA

View Full Version : MORE REPUBLICAN ABSURDITY & OVERREACH!

Gayle in MD
04-02-2011, 05:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Eric Cantor Thinks He Can Pass Law Without Senate Or White House</span>

Incomprehensibly, House Majority Whip Eric Cantor wants a bill that would mandate that HR1, the House spending bill, would become law if the Senate doesn’t act by next week. Put another way, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Cantor want to pass a law that would make a bill that never got through in the past, into law, without any other branch of government participating.</span>

The proposal outlined Wednesday would be an unusual and likely unconstitutional move. Under the bill, the $61 billion budget that passed the House last month and subsequently went nowhere would go into effect if the Senate does not approve a budget by April 6. Plus, it would provide that in the event of a shutdown lasting more than 24 hours, members of Congress and President Obama wouldn’t get paid retroactively for the days the government was shuttered.

The proposal is meant to put pressure on the Senate to give Congress some kind of spending plan to work with so that the government does not arrive empty-handed on its April 8 deadline without a budget, forcing lights out.

It is hard to fathom how a supposedly intelligent elected Member of Congress could think this has any chance of going anywhere outside his fertile imagination.

First, it would effectively deem a prior bill passed, even though it did not clear the Senate or win the president’s signature. Second, it’s unclear why or whether Republicans think the Senate and president would accept the so-called “Government Shutdown Prevention Act” when they didn’t approve the initial House plan.

Government Shutdown Prevention Act? How about the Majority Whip Idiocy Prevention Act?
</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>LMAO! Looks to me like Cantor is proving everyday how stupid he is about the Constitution, and legislation in general!

Between Cantor, and Rand Paul, it might be a good idea for Boehner to take themm in the back room, and explain the Constitution Of the United States, but..gee, even Boehner has problems with the constitution, ....he was reading the Bill Of Rights, and Calling it The Constitution, himself!

Oh my, well, maybe some of the Democratic Senators can explain it to them..... </span> </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
04-02-2011, 05:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>LMAO! Looks to me like Cantor is proving everyday how stupid he is about the Constitution, and legislation in general!

Between Cantor, and Rand Paul, it might be a good idea for Boehner to take <span style='font-size: 20pt'>themm</span> in the back room, and explain the Constitution Of the United States, but..gee, even Boehner has problems with the constitution, ....he was reading the Bill Of Rights, and Calling it The Constitution, himself!

Oh my, well, maybe some of the Democratic Senators can explain it to them..... </span> </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

It's very difficult to take anyone seriously who both claims to be of a superior intellect and is somehow unable to consistently spell mono - syllable words such as "THEM."

Sev
04-02-2011, 03:46 PM
April fools!!!!

LWW
04-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Whachoo tawkin bout Sev?

llotter
04-02-2011, 04:34 PM
If I were reading the Bill of Rights, I would think I was reading the Constitution as well.

ugotda7
04-02-2011, 05:23 PM
PO....................?

LWW
04-02-2011, 10:58 PM
You must lower the bar for some folks.

JohnnyD
04-02-2011, 11:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>LMAO! Looks to me like Cantor is proving everyday how stupid he is about the Constitution, and legislation in general!

Between Cantor, and Rand Paul, it might be a good idea for Boehner to take <span style='font-size: 20pt'>themm</span> in the back room, and explain the Constitution Of the United States, but..gee, even Boehner has problems with the constitution, ....he was reading the Bill Of Rights, and Calling it The Constitution, himself!

Oh my, well, maybe some of the Democratic Senators can explain it to them..... </span> </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

It's very difficult to take anyone seriously who both claims to be of a superior intellect and is somehow unable to consistently spell mono - syllable words such as "THEM." </div></div>
YOU are so right on again.You unearth the truth.the truth will set them (NOT THEMM) free.

LWW
04-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Well, when it takes someone 5 letters to spell a 4 letter word, it eloquently speaks volumes.

Gayle in MD
04-03-2011, 07:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I were reading the Bill of Rights, I would think I was reading the Constitution as well. </div></div>

So, no comment about Cantor trying blatantly to change your beloved Constitution, thinking that he can mandate legislation, and skip right past the Senate vote, and the esecutive office, completely?

G.