PDA

View Full Version : GOP Tries 2 Distance Themselves From NUTS&Birthers

Gayle in MD
04-02-2011, 06:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>BUSH PRESS SECRETARY: Donald Trump Is Making A Fool Of Himself

It's revealing to watch former Bush White House members strike out against Donald Trump and his ludicrous birther claims.

One gets the sense there is a level of panic setting in that their party may be represented in the next election by its most embarrassing elements.

Earlier this week Karl Rove said Trump was discrediting the GOP. And this morning, former Bush secretary Ari Fleischer appeared on Morning Joe and called Trump a fool

I'm sorry, I think Donald Trump is making a fool of himself. When you look at what he did, it is not presidential. You do not go around saying that our current president, who I don't agree with, is kissing people's a**. It's just not the temperament people look up to in the oval office. He is going to have to learn to put better one foot forward and with more delicacy....It's one thing to be blunt and appeal to a narrow segment of the electorate, but it will not get him elected.

Video below.

</span> </div></div>

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-fool-fleischer-video-2011-4#ixzz1IMjfh2FR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> gandalla's blog

trump makes a fool of himself
Published 12:41 p.m. Tuesday
Views: 688

Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump a known birther/teabagger made a fool of himself yesterday. While taking a jab a President Obama on how easy one can produce their birth certificate Donald released his "birth certificate" and claimed it only took him an hour to get it.
The only problem is that it was not really his birth certificate. Questions have now arisen about Donald's real citizenship and if he was indeed born in the US or if he was born in Scotland. Well, I guess Palin and Bachman arent going to have to worry about him in the primaries now.

</div></div>

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...show_his_t.html (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/03/29/2011-03-29_donald_trumps_latest_stunt_shows_his_birth_cert ificate_wants_obama_to_show_his_t.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Politico reports:

The top two House Republican leaders are divided over how to handle the bubbling controversy surrounding Homeland Security Chairman Peter King’s hearing into “radicalization” in the American Muslim community.

Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), the highest-ranking Jewish member of Congress, is squarely behind King as he takes shots from civil libertarians and religious groups over his decision to target one group in his investigation of the causes of terrorism.

“Chairman King works tirelessly to ensure that our homeland is secure, and following the tragic murders of U.S. soldiers in Germany by a radical Islamist, the Fort Hood murders committed by a radical Al Qaeda sympathizer and the recent arrest in Texas of a Saudi student planning jihad, this is certainly a relevant topic for committee consideration,” Cantor spokeswoman Laena Fallon said.

But Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) are keeping their distance from King, perhaps trying to avoid letting this issue become a distraction for the GOP majority.

“Chairman King is chairman of the Homeland Security Committee” is all Boehner spokesman Michael Steel would say when asked about the controversy. McCarthy’s office declined to comment.

It’s not exactly a ringing endorsement from the top. And that bell may well remain unrung if King follows through with his plan to hold a second hearing on the radicalization of Muslims in the American prison population.

The hands-off approach of Boehner and McCarthy shouldn’t be surprising: The first hearing promises to be a staple of cable television coverage all week, threatens to portray the GOP as hostile to a religious minority that is protected by the Constitution and distracts from Republicans’ economic message.

“Endorsing a controversial hearing can raise the visibility of it to a level in the news that could take the leadership off its message that they’re trying to sell, which is growing jobs, cutting spending,” said Ron Bonjean, who served as spokesman to former House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) and former Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott (R-Miss.).

Cantor, who has experience investigating terrorism, having led a task force on the subject in his junior days in the House, frequently talks about the dangers he believes are posed by “radical Islam.”

Although some GOP leaders appear cool to the hearing — and the tempest brewing around it — King said he is “perfectly satisfied with John Boehner’s leadership on this issue,” noting that party leaders haven’t said anything to dissuade him from moving forward.

The Long Island lawmaker said “everyday people” overwhelmingly support the hearing. The media, he told POLITICO as he boarded an airplane Monday afternoon, are in “disbelief” because “they don’t think this should be discussed,” and he accused dissenters of “carrying the water” for the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">And, we're seeing people like Rove, and O'Reilly, bashing their darling Sara????

It's too late now boys, you should have spoken out long ago, instead of playing into your zany RW idiots, BS about the President's Birth Certificate, King's racist attack on American Muslims. AND the on-going attack against the American Middle Class, and their rights to unionize.

Ho hum, too late.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
04-02-2011, 06:48 AM
I really do wish you would check your spelling in your thread titles. It's one thing when you screw up inside a thread...but...as woofie was so quick to point out when it happened to me....it is even more obvious when you do it in your titles.

(I'm just saving woofie the trouble of correcting you, as I know he would have felt an obligation to do, since he did it to one of my posts. After all, he is a "fair and balanced" person.)

Steve

LWW
04-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Again, you are suggesting a single standard to be applied to all.

llotter
04-02-2011, 08:55 AM
There are still plenty of RINOs left and they like to think they represent the Party but they are in for a surprise come next election. With 'friends' like them, who needs enemies?

pooltchr
04-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Gayle,
You did good. You fixed the error, and in doing so, confirmed that you actually still do read every one of my posts!

Don't you feel better now?

Steve

LWW
04-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I agree.

The democrookic party, IMHO, is corrupt and ideologically insane to the point it is unsalvageable ... and it hurts me to say this as I spent many years of my life as an ardent democrat, and still align myself more with the likes of JFK, the original Triple H, Scoop Jackson et al than I do with either party as currently constructed.

The republichickens are possibly salvageable ... but that will require jettisoning a lot of baggage.

LWW
04-02-2011, 11:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle,
You did good. You fixed the error, and in doing so, confirmed that you actually still do read every one of my posts!

Don't you feel better now?

Steve </div></div>

If you get online about 6 AM ... as I usually do before starting my day in the real world ... you can watch "INVISIBLE" pop online.

Then you will see "INVISIBLE" enter threads where you and I have posted.

Then you will see Gee post, but never sign on.

pooltchr
04-02-2011, 12:33 PM
It's the little game she seems to like to play. If nobody can see her, she isn't really here.

It's the same line of reasoning that tells her if she buries her head in the sand (or wherever she buries it) she can pretend that she doesn't see what is really happening around her.

It's her security blanket.

Steve

LWW
04-02-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm guessing she's a John Cena fan.
http://www.wrestlingmerchandise.co.uk/ekmps/shops/davidmills/images/wwe-john-cena-you-can-t-see-me-pendant-1783-p.jpg

llotter
04-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Watch that Keyes speech I just posted. He remarks of the change you sight. Heck, even the Great Ronald Reagan was a Dem at one time...and even a union president.

wolfdancer
04-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Yes, you did save me the trouble of correcting her thread title.
In her case, it was just a minor error....as Gayle freely admits that she gets most of her info from well respected media sources, and therefore does not "wing it" as the "B team" tries to do here....

LWW
04-02-2011, 01:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, you did save me the trouble of correcting her thread title.
In her case, it was just a minor error....as Gayle freely admits that she gets most of her info from well respected media sources
</div></div>

Such as this one:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://fuckconservatives.wordpress.com/2011/03/30/lawrence-odonnell-eric-cantor-doesnt-know-how-a-bill-becomes-law/

What a dope! This isn't the first time this guy has shown us how dumb he is....and Boehner is first runner up, didn't know the Constitution from the Bill Of Rights.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

pooltchr
04-02-2011, 01:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, you did save me the trouble of correcting her thread title.
In her case, it was just a minor error....as Gayle freely admits that she gets most of her info from well respected media sources, and therefore does not "wing it" as the "B team" tries to do here.... </div></div>

Just so I understand the rules....when G leaves one letter out of a word, it's just a minor error....but when I do the same thing, it is a huge error. Is that about right?

Steve

LWW
04-02-2011, 01:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://fuckconservatives.wordpress.com/2011/03/30/lawrence-odonnell-eric-cantor-doesnt-know-how-a-bill-becomes-law/

What a dope! This isn't the first time this guy has shown us how dumb he is....and Boehner is first runner up, didn't know the Constitution from the Bill Of Rights.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

I can spot several grammatical errors in the above alone.

ugotda7
04-02-2011, 05:24 PM
PO..................?

Soflasnapper
04-04-2011, 08:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watch that Keyes speech I just posted. He remarks of the change you sight. Heck, even the Great Ronald Reagan was a Dem at one time...and even a union president. </div></div>

Even worse, a World Federalist, like Walter Cronkite.

Yep, a one-worlder, perhaps even a New World Order type.

Gayle in MD
04-05-2011, 06:01 AM
In her case, it was just a minor error....as Gayle freely admits that she gets most of her info from well respected media sources, and therefore does not "wing it" as the "B team" tries to do here.... </div></div>

If this egomaniac is suggesting that I would read anything he writes, he's out of his mind. I don't need his input to identify my own errors.

G.

LWW
04-05-2011, 08:06 AM
That, I believe.

They are so numerous as to be self evident.

pooltchr
04-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Did she just admit that she isn't perfect?????????

Steve

LWW
04-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Yes, she did.