PDA

View Full Version : Rick scott deposition.

Qtec
04-03-2011, 03:20 AM
This is the whole 2 hour deposition of Rick Scott [<span style='font-size: 14pt'> with 2 lawyers</span> ] in the Columbia/HCA fraud case. I have only watched 40 mins so far and I have to take a break because the guy is getting on my nerves.

Just watch 10 mins of it and start at the 14 min mark and you will get to see the real RS.

link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyc0CPpyddA&feature=player_embedded)

Q

Qtec
04-03-2011, 05:06 AM
Just in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gov. Rick Scott Slashes Budget For Services To The Severely Disabled
</div></div>

'Boy, and you thought the deposition Rick Scott gave in the anti-trust suit against Columbia/HCA Health was sleazy? What he's doing to disabled people in Florida really takes the cake.

You know, I've seen a lot of really awful things done by Republican governors in the past few months, but this really, really takes the cake:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Florida Gov. Rick Scott ordered deep cuts Thursday to programs that serve tens of thousands of residents with Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism and other developmental disabilities.</span>

Though a range of state services face cuts from this year's Legislature, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>the governor invoked his emergency powers to order the state Agency for Persons with Disabilities to immediately roll back payments to group homes and social workers by 15 percent</span> an amount providers say could put them out of business and threaten their clients' safety.

"lt's not like, 'Gee, does this mean I have to skip a vacation this year?'" said Amy Van Bergen, executive director of the Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida. "Potentially, these cuts have life and death implications for these people."

An estimated 30,000 Floridians with severe developmental disabilities receive services that help them live outside of nursing homes typically with family or in small group homes. Aides help them eat, bathe, take medication and otherwise care for themselves.</div></div>

Q

Qtec
04-03-2011, 05:09 AM
Surely it can't get any worse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bill giving Governor, Cabinet more authority on rules moves forward

A House bill <span style='font-size: 14pt'>that would give the governor and Cabinet more power to repeal rules passed through a subcommittee with <u>no discussion.</u></span>

HB 993 would allow Cabinet members during their first six months in office to repeal rules if they are obsolete <span style='font-size: 17pt'>or if they conflict with policies they are trying to implement.</span> The repeal could be challenged, but Cabinet members could individually override the challenge. An objection to the override could be filed with the 1st District Court of Appeal.
Gov. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Rick Scott is currently reviewing more than 11,400 existing rules. He has targeted more than 1,400 for repeal and or revision, and more than 1,200 for revision. Most of those are in the departments of Business and Professional Regulation and Environmental Protection.</span>
The measure passed the House government operations subcommittee with only one dissenting vote, Rep. Irv Slosberg, D-Boca Raton. Last stop is the Rules and Calendar committee.
</div></div>

Q

Gayle in MD
04-03-2011, 06:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You know, I've seen a lot of really awful things done by Republican governors in the past few months, but this really, really takes the cake:

</div></div>

And, I"m sure he's a church going "Christian."

Another Republican POS! The country is full of them. apparently the Repubs have determined that their base is so stupid, they don't even have to pretend to be decent human beings anymore.

G.

Qtec
04-07-2011, 04:46 AM
Just thought I would repost this because , due to the lack of comment, it seems the righties must have missed it.

Q

Gayle in MD
04-07-2011, 05:45 AM
Was just re-reading this, and astonished, thinking how Scott's heartless cuts, are now the overall Republican policy, across the country, and on The Hill.

I have never been more repulsed by them, than I am now. Truly a repulsive, deceitful bunch.

I am sure I will go to my grave, still scratching my head, wondering how in the world, ANY Americans can support such a bunch of dishonest, uncaring characters...who seem to have no principles of honor, or empathy, at all.

G.

eg8r
04-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Rick Scott is definitely choosing a less safe agenda than our previous guy.

eg8r