PDA

View Full Version : WHEN US RW RELIGIOUS EXTREMISTS HURT OTHERS

Gayle in MD
04-03-2011, 09:01 AM
<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'> This is just one of the resulting tragedies of Rw Religious Exremists, which led to three days of violence, and killing, so far.

Did the Florida Religious NUTCASE, pull the trigger? Obviously, no. Did his irresponsible negligence, and hateful actions, create the tragic events, results, which led to the slaughter of some innocent people, obviously yes he did.

Burning the quran, doesn't justify killing people, but putting ones own fellow Americans, and other innocent people at risk, is unforgivable, and should be addressed by our Government.

This is just a few, in this particularly story, who have died, due to religious extremism, there are many more, and have been, over the centuries.

Why does organized religion, fail to speak out against these kinds of human tragedies, caused by fundamentalist religious ignorance, egoism, and hate, fomented under the guise of God?

IMO, this florida religious zealot, is an egomaniac, who should be indicted for treasonist activities, and thrown in jail, for what amounts to yelling fire, in an auditoriam, just as those religious, fundamentalists from the Baptist church, who impose their hatred upon grieving families of our fallen soldiers, should be indicted and jailed, for slandering and disgracing our Gay soldiers, who have given the last full measure of devotion, to our country.

Freedom of speech, should not include a right to say and do horrendous things, with the potential for fomenting violence, things, which have the likelihood of revving up potential violence, through words, or actions, which could led to the death and heartbreak, of people who have done nothing whatsoever, to deserve the wrath, of the fundamentalist religious radicals.

IMO, this is right up there with PAYlin's disgraceful gun sights, and "Reload" rhetoric, on her political map, one of those targets, directly on our fallen fellow American, and Senator, Gabby, and all of those others, who ended up slaughtered, all so that our neglected and deregulated gun laws, can allow that mentally unbalanced, radical RW gun lovers, can buy assault weapons, and have the time to mow down twenty to thirty people, in the matter of moments.

G. </span> </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>UN Envoy: UN Workers Killed Running From Bunker

Deb Riechmann

AP
KABUL, Afghanistan - Fearing for their lives, the U.N. workers dashed into a dark bunker hoping to escape the mob of Afghan protesters angry over the burning of a Quran by a Florida church.

Hope wasn't enough for three of them. They were hunted down and brutally slain - their bodies found later in three different parts of the compound in northern Afghanistan.

Eric Kanalstein, UNAMA / AP
In this photo taken Saturday in Kabul, Afghanistan, UN personnel carry the casket of one of seven colleagues killed in an attack on the UN operations center in Mazar-i-Sharif on Friday.

"They were killed when they were running out of the bunker," said Staffan de Mistura, the top U.N. envoy in Afghanistan, who recounted their harrowing deaths to reporters on Saturday evening. "One was pulled out alive because he pretended to be a Muslim."

De Mistura spoke in a somber tone as he described how three U.N. staff members and four Nepalese guards were killed Friday when the protesters stormed their compound in the normally peaceful city of Mazar-i-Sharif. He placed direct blame on those who burned a copy of the Muslim holy book in Gainesville, Florida, last month, stoking anti-foreign sentiment that already was on the rise after nearly a decade of war in Afghanistan.

"The demonstration was meant to protest against the insane and totally despicable gesture by one person who burned the holy Quran," he said.

He also said the U.N. building would not have been attacked if there had been an adequate cordon of Afghan police separating the demonstrators and the compound.

A formal inquiry is under way, but de Mistura said initial reports indicate that seven to 15 insurgents infiltrated a group of as many as 3,000 demonstrators who overran the U.N. compound, which was protected by Afghan policemen and six U.N.-hired Nepalese guards. The crowd overpowered the guards - who are instructed not to shoot into crowds of civilians, even if they are threatening - and the police were not able to stop them, he said.

Four of the Nepalese guards were killed; some shot in the yard of the compound. Three Afghan U.N. workers survived by melding into the surging crowd, he said. Four Afghan protesters also were killed in the riot.

Protesters had set fire to cars and an electric generator in the U.N. compound so the bunker was dark. It was the only safe place for the four foreign U.N. workers on the compound, including the Russian chief of mission. But the door of the bunker was made to withstand a bomb attack, not the sheer force of a crowd of people trying to get inside.

When the killers forced themselves inside they saw Pavel Ershov, the mission chief who is fluent in Dari, one of two languages spoken in Afghanistan. They beat him, but stopped after he convinced them, in Dari, that he was a Muslim, de Mistura said.

"He spoke the language and tried to draw their attention on himself," the envoy said. "For a moment, he hoped that they would think there was nobody else there."

But using a light, the attackers found the three other foreigners, then pulled them out and killed them one after the other. Two died of bullet wounds. The third was killed with a knife to the throat.

They were identified by officials in their home countries as: Joakim Dungel, a 33-year-old Swede who worked on human rights; Lt. Col. Siri Skare, a 53-year-old female pilot from Norway who was an adviser; and Filaret Motco, a 43-year-old Romanian who worked in the political section of the U.N.

De Mistura spoke to reporters in Kabul after flying back from Mazar-i-Sharif. He was at the airport in Kabul when the victim's bodies were flown to the capital Saturday evening. In talking with top officials in Mazar-i-Sharif, he said he was convinced that the killers were insurgents, not demonstrators.

Protesters confiscated AK-47s from security officers at the scene, but all except one of the U.N. workers were killed with handguns, he said.

Moreover, the mission chief and some of U.N. Afghan staff workers said the killers spoke in a dialect not common to Mazar-i-Sharif. De Mistura said authorities told him that several of the people arrested were from other parts of Afghanistan, including Kapisa province in the east and Kandahar in the south. Both provinces are hundreds of miles (kilometers) from Mazar-i-Sharif.

De Mistura said he was concerned that the deaths of the foreigners would give people, especially in the West, a reason to argue against continued involvement in the nearly decade-long Afghan war. He said the U.N. would not pullout of Afghanistan, but that he was temporarily redeploying 11 U.N. workers from Mazar-i-Sharif to Kabul because they can no longer work in the office, which was destroyed and looted.

President Hamid Karzai publicly condemned the March 20 Quran burning, leading some to blame him for triggering the protests. De Mistura, however, blamed the person who torched the holy book.

The pastor, the Rev. Terry Jones, had threatened to destroy a copy of Islam's holy book last year but initially backed down. On Friday he said Islam and its followers, not his church's burning of the Quran, were responsible for the killings.

"Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of offending culture, religion or traditions," de Mistura said. "Those who entered our building were actually furiously angry about the issue about the Quran. There was nothing political there."

But he said that with uprisings in the Middle East, waning foreign support for the war, Karzai's government needed to pay more attention to the security of foreign civilians working in Afghanistan.

"I'm profoundly sad and I'm also shocked by what I saw, but we continue our work," de Mistura said. "We are not going to be deterred."
</span> </div></div>

Gayle in MD
04-03-2011, 09:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/03/afghanistan-quran-protests-spread_n_844078.html

KABUL, Afghanistan -- Afghan protests against the burning of a Quran in Florida entered a third day with a demonstrations in the south and east Sunday, while the Taliban called on people to rise up, blaming government forces for any violence.

The desecration at a small U.S. church has outraged Muslims worldwide, and in Afghanistan many of the demonstrations have turned into deadly riots. Protests in the north and south in recent days have killed 20 people.

In southern Kandahar city on Sunday, hundreds took to the streets for the second day in a row, and hospital officials said 20 people were hurt in skirmishes between police and demonstrators. On Saturday, nine people were killed and 80 injured when a protest turned into a riot.

At least two wounded police officers and 18 civilians had been brought into city hospitals, said Qayum Pokhla the provincial health director.

A morning protest in Jalalabad city was peaceful, with hundreds of people blocking a main highway for three hours, shouting for U.S. troops to leave and burning an effigy of President Barack Obama before dispersing, according to an Associated Press photographer at the scene.

A similar protest in eastern Parwan province blocked a main highway with burning tires for about an hour, with more than 1,000 people protesting against the desecration of the Quran, said provincial police chief Sher Ahmad Maladani. He said there was no violence.

The violence started Friday when demonstrators stormed a U.N. compound in the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif, killing 11 people including seven foreign U.N. employees.

The Taliban said in a statement emailed to media outlets that the U.S. and other Western countries have wrongly excused the burning a Quran by the pastor of a Florida church on March 20 as freedom of speech and that Afghans "cannot accept this un-Islamic act."

NATO officials re-iterated their condemnation of the Quran burning in an apparent attempt to quell the rising anger.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>Extremist, Religious Fundamentalism, on both sides of this fiasco, one side just as reckless and illogical as the other, IMO.... </span></span>

ugotda7
04-03-2011, 10:31 AM
PO.............?

LWW
04-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Gee is still shark jumping I see.

Gayle in MD
04-04-2011, 03:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/03/afghanistan-quran-protests-spread_n_844078.html

KABUL, Afghanistan -- Afghan protests against the burning of a Quran in Florida entered a third day with a demonstrations in the south and east Sunday, while the Taliban called on people to rise up, blaming government forces for any violence.

The desecration at a small U.S. church has outraged Muslims worldwide, and in Afghanistan many of the demonstrations have turned into deadly riots. Protests in the north and south in recent days have killed 20 people.

In southern Kandahar city on Sunday, hundreds took to the streets for the second day in a row, and hospital officials said 20 people were hurt in skirmishes between police and demonstrators. On Saturday, nine people were killed and 80 injured when a protest turned into a riot.

At least two wounded police officers and 18 civilians had been brought into city hospitals, said Qayum Pokhla the provincial health director.

A morning protest in Jalalabad city was peaceful, with hundreds of people blocking a main highway for three hours, shouting for U.S. troops to leave and burning an effigy of President Barack Obama before dispersing, according to an Associated Press photographer at the scene.

A similar protest in eastern Parwan province blocked a main highway with burning tires for about an hour, with more than 1,000 people protesting against the desecration of the Quran, said provincial police chief Sher Ahmad Maladani. He said there was no violence.

The violence started Friday when demonstrators stormed a U.N. compound in the northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif, killing 11 people including seven foreign U.N. employees.

The Taliban said in a statement emailed to media outlets that the U.S. and other Western countries have wrongly excused the burning a Quran by the pastor of a Florida church on March 20 as freedom of speech and that Afghans "cannot accept this un-Islamic act."

NATO officials re-iterated their condemnation of the Quran burning in an apparent attempt to quell the rising anger.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>Extremist, Religious Fundamentalism, on both sides of this fiasco, one side just as reckless and illogical as the other, IMO.... </span></span> </div></div>

No opinions on this unAmerican Activity?????

pooltchr
04-04-2011, 03:52 PM
As outspoken as you are against all organized religion, I would think that the burning of the Quran would be no different than the burning of the Bible.

I personally think the practice is stupid, but I don't understand why you would pick sides in this one. Are you suggesting that the muslims are right and the christians wrong?

Or is this just another opportunity for you to bash anyone who has religious beliefs?

(not stalking...just responding to your plea for someone to respond to this thread)

Steve

Gayle in MD
04-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Again, do we have any reasonable, non-hateful, opinions about this radical RW religious, fundamentalist insanity, which contributes to the loss of lives of innocents, who work abroad, for our safety???

Not one objection???

G.

pooltchr
04-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Wow! What did I say that was hateful?

I think you would find much more hatred in your own posts, than anything I have posted. Although, you probably wouldn't recognize it in your own posts.

Steve

sack316
04-04-2011, 04:36 PM
I think it is awful when anyone chooses to destroy precious symbols of meaning that are valuable to any group. Alas, iconoclasm has been around for as long as time has been recorded. We <u>should</u> be better than that, though.

Side question... were the protesters burning an effigy of President Obama better, worse, or the same as this act? (just out of curiosity).

Sack

pooltchr
04-04-2011, 05:54 PM
No different than burning the flag, in my mind. It's a form of protest designed to bring out an emotional backlash. People who do these things, know very well what they are doing.

I find it similar to someone who would make up words or proper names that are only intended to be insulting. They know exactly what to expect, but they do it anyway.

It's all pretty stupid...but if their goal is to just stir up trouble, it's effective.

Steve

sack316
04-04-2011, 06:58 PM
very true Steve. I agree.

Sack

Gayle in MD
04-04-2011, 11:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it is awful when anyone chooses to destroy precious symbols of meaning that are valuable to any group. Alas, iconoclasm has been around for as long as time has been recorded. We <u>should</u> be better than that, though.

Side question... were the protesters burning an effigy of President Obama better, worse, or the same as this act? (just out of curiosity).

Sack </div></div>

I don't approve of either action.

G.

LWW
04-05-2011, 04:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it is awful when anyone chooses to destroy precious symbols of meaning that are valuable to any group. Alas, iconoclasm has been around for as long as time has been recorded. We <u>should</u> be better than that, though.

Sack </div></div>

I concur with that.

That being said, for Gee to claim philosophical integrity she must blame Obama for any Christian on Muslim or Jewish on Muslim violence around the world since he runs the federal govt and we burned bibles in Afghanistan.
OH DEAR! (http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/20/us.military.bibles.burned/)

Yet, amazingly, I don't recall any leftist outrage?

Sev
04-05-2011, 08:49 AM
One has to wonder if Gayle supports our first amendment rights.

That Muslims riot and kill people on the other side of the globe because a Quran was burned FL just goes to show how dangerous Muslims are.

While I dont think the pastor should have burned the religious item he has every right to.

On the otherhand.
Perhaps more of them should be burned to show the American people exactly what we are up against.

LWW
04-05-2011, 10:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One has to wonder if Gayle supports our first amendment rights.
</div></div>

She is on record that she doesn't ... although she brags of her gun ownership?