PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Sayings Of The Pros

09-12-2002, 08:27 AM
What are some of your favorite sayings or pieces of advice made by professional players, past or present?

Here's one of my favorites:

If you ever lay your paranioa on me like that again I will come back at you so hard that you won't know whether you're thinking out of your right brain, your left brain or your rear end.

PQQLK9
09-12-2002, 08:38 AM
"I will play ANYBODY ANYGAME ANYWHERE for ANYTHING"
Fats

Doctor_D
09-12-2002, 08:50 AM
Good morning:

During one of my scheduled lessons with Gerda Hofstatter she said;

"Do Not Be Afraid to Miss With Confidence" !!!

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

PQQLK9
09-12-2002, 08:52 AM
"Why are ya'll rootin for him?...I'm the WHITE GUY"
Earl

Wally_in_Cincy
09-12-2002, 08:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PQQLK9:</font><hr> "Why are ya'll rootin for him?...I'm the WHITE GUY"
Earl <hr></blockquote>

Referrring to Okamura's (sp?) slow play Earl said "It takes him 3 hours to watch 60 minutes" /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

09-12-2002, 11:11 AM
One of my favorites doesn't come from a pro Pool player, but from a pro basketball player. It's in my profile, too.

"We've got heart. We play with that first. We'll play with talent second." - Allen Iverson

09-12-2002, 12:11 PM
Upon being behind in a match with Steve Mizerak in Taiwan, Steve takes a break while Earl exclaims, "I can't believe I'm getting beat by a 400 pound pig!"

09-12-2002, 12:17 PM
I think that would look good in her Bio on WPBA.com. Or, perhaps, a fan could hold up a sign with that text at the next WPBA event! Either way, it has the potential to become a modern day classic!

Bob C
09-12-2002, 12:24 PM
Danny DiLiberto commenting about a highly touted young player who just received a good whooping, "He may know a million shots, but none of them came up this match."

09-12-2002, 01:05 PM
Overheard at Cardiff
Earl Strickland: I once had a guy break seven balls against me!
Thomas Overbeck: Who was it, David Copperfield?

09-12-2002, 01:08 PM
Earl Strickland (again)
That Steve Davis don't give me no respect. Why, he treats me like I was Osama Bin Laden

09-12-2002, 02:20 PM
"Show me a ball bumper and I'll show you a loser" Whimpy Lassiter

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2002, 03:05 PM
Not exactly real life but it still gives me the goosebumps when I hear it:

'Fast Eddie, let's play some pool'
Jackie Gleason as Minnesota Fats to Paul Newman as Fast Eddie Felson in The Hustler

Tom_In_Cincy
09-12-2002, 05:55 PM
"how much do you want to bet?"

"I dunno, what will make you nervous?"

cheesemouse
09-12-2002, 06:57 PM
Short stop: "I gotta have the breaks and the wild six."
Kieth McCready: "Why don't I just write you a check."
Short stop: "I ain't take'n your check"

Doomsday Machine
09-12-2002, 07:39 PM
Might as well spell his nickname right !!

09-12-2002, 07:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Egg:</font><hr> What are some of your favorite sayings or pieces of advice made by professional players, past or present?

Here's one of my favorites:

If you ever lay your paranioa on me like that again I will come back at you so hard that you won't know whether you're thinking out of your right brain, your left brain or your rear end. <hr></blockquote>

addendum-

"Who in the hell do you think you are?What do you know about my life?I could nail you right to the ground right here if I wanted to with the things I know about ... your trailer trash level.Let me tell you something ... stay,leave,who cares?But if you ever lay your paranioa on me like that again i will come back at you so hard ...[in the same breath] My philosophy for myself has always been to learn first,then talk later.My shrink and I are working it out though"

dismiss the shrink imo BS

MaineEAck
09-12-2002, 07:48 PM
I can't remember if it was the color of money or the hustler... But the Black guy with the funny eyes says

"Let me ask you a question"
"Do you think I need to loose some weight?"
Not a direct quote, but it was something like that...

PQQLK9
09-12-2002, 07:56 PM
"No Mas"

Roberto Duran

Tommy_Davidson
09-12-2002, 11:22 PM
&gt; "If I tell you that a wiener dog can pull a bus,you better chain his ass up,cause it's GONNA happen." Billy Teeter(well known in the pool world but not a big name player) Tommy D.

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2002, 11:32 PM
The Color of Money

The guy you're talking about is actor Forrest Whitaker. Plus he's a little on the heavy side so it was kind of like a double entendre.

09-12-2002, 11:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> "how much do you want to bet?"

"I dunno, what will make you nervous?" <hr></blockquote>

Gotta give credit when credit is due,Tom /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Good post.BS

09-13-2002, 01:08 AM
"you want to bet something?"

"Maybe, but why don't you watch me shoot a few racks first and if you still want to play, then you're too good for me."