PDA

View Full Version : What happened to "Dr. D", Diana Sorrentino?

04-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Anyone remember Dr. D?

She used to post here, was on the WPBA board for a short time and was involved with a supposed civil lawsuit against the WPBA.

I wonder where she is?

Eric

wolfdancer
04-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Eric, She was on here for a relatively short time, and she was a "good read" I remember asking her questions and she always had a good answer.
She had some kind of "run in" with the Woman's board....if I remember correctly, her degree was in finance or a related field,and She had big plans for the Woman's tour and wanted them to go in a "different direction". This caused some internal infighting, and she just upped and left, or may have been voted out by the board.
Fran knows the entire story, but may not want to bring it up at this late date. No one was at fault,(imo) just folks with different ideas, that couldn't come to an agreement.
Televised pool tournaments seemed to be the future for both the men's and women's tour, and the prospects of getting some of that "TV money" looked pretty appetizing at the time....
I always thought that the game looked too easy on the TV screen.... no 60 yd passes, with a one handed catch...no 500ft home runs with two outs and the bases loaded.
You have to be a player, to appreciate the game on the tube or the 'net.....I've got a "ton" of match DVDs and now get to enjoy the matches on the net as well.

Rich R.
04-05-2011, 08:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone remember Dr. D?

She used to post here, was on the WPBA board for a short time and was involved with a supposed civil lawsuit against the WPBA.

I wonder where she is?

Eric </div></div>
I've heard several rumors but I don't know if any of them are true. I won't be posting any of them here.

Diana was always very nice to me and I hope she is well.

Sid_Vicious
04-05-2011, 08:49 PM
I really liked her too. sid

Brian in VA
04-06-2011, 10:13 AM
I think she was one of the sponsors of an early CCB tournament, wasn't she? I still have one of her Billiards Workbook coffee cups. I liked her stuff, too!

Brian in VA

04-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Dr. D was here for a short time (a few years), although she was one of the early posters, since before 2002.

I used to see her on the regional tours, and playing APA or TAP around NJ. She basically evaporated after she was ousted form the WPBA board and she announced her lawsuit intentions.

I've heard a couple of rumors too, nothing "bad", but don't want to rumor monger either.

She was one of the early sponsors of our CCB tourney. In fact, I won a copy of her Billiards Workbook.

Eric

eg8r
04-06-2011, 11:05 AM
I haven't heard from her on the board since her book came out. I also wondered what happened.

eg8r

wolfdancer
04-08-2011, 12:13 AM
I remember the workbook, and "think" I have seen it...but?

Rich R.
04-08-2011, 06:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember the workbook, and "think" I have seen it...but? </div></div>
Wolf, if you ever saw the workbood, I think you would remember it. I have a copy sitting about 5 feet away as I type this. It is a notebook about 6 inches thick and it is a bear to carry around. That is why Diana did it in notebook form. You can take the necessary pages out and just take the pages to the table for practice.

BTW, I still have the Billiards Workbook hats that Diana was giving out with the workbooks. They are the best damn hats I have ever owned and they just won't wear out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
04-08-2011, 07:32 AM
I had a good friend that worked at the pool hall....a former Bowling Instructor, he was now "rabid" over pool, and bought every new "gizmo" that came on the market. Went through Randy's school, and became a certified instructor, went back and became an advanced instructor. I believe he had purchased Dr. Di's "stuff", and he may have shown it to me, but I can't be sure. I even think I may have met Dr. Di.....????
My friend passed away, after a short bout with cancer.....

wolfdancer
04-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Rich, I had the workbook...but it weren't mine. As I remember it, Sue Backman (Chalkers Billiards)was selling the workbook, and I was
doing her maintenance work p.t....and, she let me look over it.
I think? ...I may have met Dr. D.

BCA Master Instr
04-27-2011, 07:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a good friend that worked at the pool hall....a former Bowling Instructor, he was now "rabid" over pool, and bought every new "gizmo" that came on the market. Went through Randy's school, and became a certified instructor, went back and became an advanced instructor. I believe he had purchased Dr. Di's "stuff", and he may have shown it to me, but I can't be sure. I even think I may have met Dr. Di.....????
My friend passed away, after a short bout with cancer..... </div></div>

Who, my friend?
randyg

wolfdancer
04-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Glenn White, good guy!!
Came back raving about the program,and He really enjoyed
sharing what he had learned. If he had a fault, it was his sliding scale charges for lessons; not getting paid near enough
if he thought a student couldn't afford it.
He was originally planning on going through a program in one of the smaller New England states,(hint) when I talked him into checking out your program first. At the time I had already taken a lesson from Scott, and he had since hooked up with you.

BCA Master Instr
04-27-2011, 02:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glenn White, good guy!!
Came back raving about the program,and He really enjoyed
sharing what he had learned. If he had a fault, it was his sliding scale charges for lessons; not getting paid near enough
if he thought a student couldn't afford it.
He was originally planning on going through a program in one of the smaller New England states,(hint) when I talked him into checking out your program first. At the time I had already taken a lesson from Scott, and he had since hooked up with you. </div></div>

Thanks for the up-date.
randyg