PDA

View Full Version : Moonbattery on display!

LWW
04-07-2011, 06:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In bureaucracy, truth is often stranger than fiction. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>A non polluting electric car company gets slammed with fine for “non compliance” for a car that can’t produce any emissions.</span>

That’s weird enough by itself, but even weirder is what else is in the company’s Securities and Exchange Commission report under what they cite as “risks”.

Here’s the relevant page of the report where they talk about risks, including the $275,000 fine from the EPA. Note what is highlighted under that.

http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/teslamotors_10q_report.png?w=640&h=368

They headline that with:

We are subject to substantial regulation, which is evolving, and unfavorable changes or failure by us to comply with these regulations could substantially harm our business and operating results.

That’s right, a zero emissions “green” electric car company cites this as a risk to the company’s business future:

the imposition of a carbon tax or the introduction of a cap-and-trade system on electric utilities could increase the cost of electricity;

You can see the Telsa SEC 10Q report for yourself at:
http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/100813/TESLA-MOTORS-INC_10-Q/#ixzz0yDhK9ON3

Tesla’s crime? Failing to file for a 2009 emissions “Certificate of Conformity” from the EPA to comply with the “Clean Air Act.” until late in the year. Wait, I thought electric cars were supposed to help clean the air?

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. It is a wonder that anybody would bother even trying to do business anymore where the minefield of bureaucracy looms even for popular and politically correct green companies in California.</div></div>

WOW! (http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/08/31/epa-fines-tesla-electric-motors-275000/)

Just wow.

Under
04-07-2011, 08:38 PM
What?

No responses from the peanut gallery?

I would like to see the reasons that the regulatory paperwork makes any difference to a green car company.

Takers?

LWW
04-08-2011, 03:21 AM
It would be nice to see a leftist denounce such nonsense just once.

Qtec
04-08-2011, 03:33 AM
Another non-story.

They got fined for not having the certificate, nothing to do with the car.

Q

LWW
04-08-2011, 03:39 AM
Nobody expected you to be the first.

Stretch
04-08-2011, 09:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nobody expected you to be the first. </div></div>

And knowbody expected you to make a case. St.

JohnnyD
04-09-2011, 07:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nobody expected you to be the first. </div></div>

And knowbody expected you to make a case. St. </div></div>Your really making an ass out of yourself.

cushioncrawler
04-10-2011, 01:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In bureaucracy, truth is often stranger than fiction. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>A non polluting electric car company gets slammed with fine for “non compliance” for a car that can’t produce any emissions.......</span>........That’s right, a zero emissions “green” electric car company cites this as a risk to the company’s business future:.....
.......the imposition of a carbon tax or the introduction of a cap-and-trade system on electric utilities could increase the cost of electricity;.....</div></div>I am thinking that nothing kan be zero emissions. U hav emissions when u make a car. If the electric car runs off the grid then it wouldnt surprize me if the true emissions were even worse than petrol car emissions, what with some grids being about 2% efficient (not sure about %).

Re the cost of electricity, i suppoze that cost will probly go up in most cases. But i would beware of confuzing "cost" "price" "value" "worth". If someone doubled the price of electricity the cost would still be the same.
mac.

LWW
04-10-2011, 03:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In bureaucracy, truth is often stranger than fiction. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>A non polluting electric car company gets slammed with fine for “non compliance” for a car that can’t produce any emissions.......</span>........That’s right, a zero emissions “green” electric car company cites this as a risk to the company’s business future:.....
.......the imposition of a carbon tax or the introduction of a cap-and-trade system on electric utilities could increase the cost of electricity;.....</div></div>I am thinking that nothing kan be zero emissions. U hav emissions when u make a car. If the electric car runs off the grid then it wouldnt surprize me if the true emissions were even worse than petrol car emissions, what with some grids being about 2% efficient (not sure about %).

Re the cost of electricity, i suppoze that cost will probly go up in most cases. But i would beware of confuzing "cost" "price" "value" "worth". If someone doubled the price of electricity the cost would still be the same.
mac. </div></div>

To be more specific, the law in question was tailpipe emissions from internal combustion engines.

Since it has no ICE there is nothing to certify.

This would be analogous to making every home owner file smokestack emissions certifications for the factory they don't have.

As to electric cars ... you are correct, they are a pox upon the environment.

Yet, per the moonbat crazy left in America, the only things we should power our cars with are coal and corn.