PDA

View Full Version : Heisenberg's uncertainty principle

LWW
04-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Back to Schrodinger's cat and the Heisenberg uncertainty principle ... if I flip a coin and allow it to land while my eyes closed, a probability wave exists allowing for it to land as heads or tales or on edge.

Until I actually open my eyes and observe the coin, it actually exists in all 3 probable states.

The implications of this are profound. If reality doesn't exist without observation ... then what observed the big bang?

cushioncrawler
04-07-2011, 05:56 PM
I hav never beleeved one word of heisenbergs uncertainty.
Nor schrodinger's cat.
mac.

LWW
04-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Then you should construct an experiment which disproves it and wait for the Nobel folks to show up with a check.

Qtec
04-08-2011, 04:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Until I actually open my eyes and observe the coin, it actually exists in all 3 probable states. </div></div>

Only in your own mind.

Q

LWW
04-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Einstein was puzzled by quantum mechanics ... so you never had a chance.

cushioncrawler
04-08-2011, 05:51 AM
Mightbe, but the only Nobel Prize that Al ever got woz for the photo elektrik effekt, which woz i think the first real theory uzing quantum mechanics.
mac.

Sev
04-08-2011, 06:53 AM
It also depends if the laws of the universe remain constant.

Soflasnapper
04-08-2011, 11:12 AM
This thought experiment is false in our universe, and only true in the multiverse, many worlds version of quantum reality. Which might exist-- I don't discount that possibility at all and actually would prefer it. But... in OUR reality as we know it, the coin has either landed heads, tails, or on edge, quite before someone opens their eyes.

LWW
04-08-2011, 02:18 PM
You are in direct conflict with both science and yourself.

If here is a multiverse, then this universe is certainly a part of it.

cushioncrawler
04-08-2011, 04:38 PM
I sort of beleev in multiverses.
There are 2 possible dimensions, eech with infinit possible levels.
Multiverse No1 iz dimension. U kan hav things that are very small. And u kan hav things that are very big. And we karnt really see them.

Multiverse No2 iz speed. U kan hav things mooving so fast that there iz very little reaction with our universe. And things mooving even faster, ie another universe again. And we karnt really see them.

No other universes are possible.
mac.

LWW
04-09-2011, 04:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thought experiment is false in our universe, and only true in the multiverse, many worlds version of quantum reality. Which might exist-- I don't discount that possibility at all and actually would prefer it. But... in OUR reality as we know it, the coin has either landed heads, tails, or on edge, quite before someone opens their eyes.

</div></div>

Also, actual experimentation has proven that incorrect.

Experiments where a single photon of light is fired at a wall with 2 slits show that if it is unobserved by consciousness, the photon actually went through both slits.

With conscious observation it only goes through one.

Again, this leads to the likelihood that reality is a function of observation by intelligence.

What intelligence then would have observed the big bang?

wolfdancer
04-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Who can forget the Bush uncertainty principle immediately after the tower attacks on 9/11
as an example of remaining calm under pressure, the quick witted GWB was able to change the story wording, on the spot, for the kids
GB <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"But--the--goat--did--some--things--that--made--the--girl's--dad--mad." </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Let's clean that up," Mrs. Daniels said. </div></div>
GB <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "The--goat--ate--things." </div></div>

LWW
04-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Well ... 12 posts, and 2 were trolls. One by Snoopy and one by woofie.

Imagine that.

wolfdancer
04-09-2011, 01:17 PM
at least I leave the er,laughable "swagger", the improbable heroic claims,and they even more unbelievable "Mensa" type fantasies that make up the greater part of your delusional "Walter Mitty" posts.
But if it really bothers you, take a page from "teach" and send a
protest to the powers what be here
Try reading your own ******* posts...you are the original Troll here....and on AZB, and who knows how many other sites you have infected.

JohnnyD
04-09-2011, 07:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">at least I leave the er,laughable "swagger", the improbable heroic claims,and they even more unbelievable "Mensa" type fantasies that make up the greater part of your delusional "Walter Mitty" posts.
But if it really bothers you, take a page from "teach" and send a
protest to the powers what be here
Try reading your own ******* posts...you are the original Troll here....and on AZB, and who knows how many other sites you have infected. </div></div>
There you go again with your mensa and iq bs.Everyone knows your a bust.Just for once read your past posts if you know how.Quit being a failure.Handoe has left you can act nice once in awhile now.

LWW
04-10-2011, 03:06 AM
I think he's a member of DENSA