PDA

View Full Version : Slaying yet another leftist myth!

LWW
04-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Much has been made about how the mythical Robin Hood robbed from the rich and gave to the poor.

Well, not only was Robin Hood a myth ... this story about his actions is a myth about a myth.

Much to the chagrin of the left, Robin Hood robbed from the state and it's greedy tax collectors and returned it to whom it had been taken from.

IOW ... Robin Hood was a tea partier with an attitude.

wolfdancer
04-07-2011, 11:12 AM
"the mith slayer" er, myth slayer. I've seen you use this term many, many times before. I imagine it conjures up heroic images in your mind of days of yore....you on your Black Stallion, lance at the ready, charging towards...a group of unarmed peasants.
You are correct that RH only stole from the tax collectors, and gave the monies back to the people that were taxed......however, it is generally accepted that those people were relatively poor.
You never see a TV antenna on one of there huts, and no cars in their driveways.
What they were really objecting to at the time, was their unfair tax burden, while the rich had all those tax shelters
I don't consider the RH tale as belonging exclusively to the left, but more to the general populace, in the lower earnings bracket, that are taxed at a higher % rate then the super rich..

LWW
04-07-2011, 11:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"the mith slayer" er, myth slayer. I've seen you use this term many, many times before. I imagine it conjures up heroic images in your mind of days of yore....you on your Black Stallion, lance at the ready, charging towards...a group of unarmed peasants. </div></div>

Nah ... the image I get is one of a bunch dimwits who pontificate what they claim to "KNOW" when the slightest exposure to knowledge would show them to be in error.

wolfdancer
04-07-2011, 11:47 AM
I imagine then that you place yourself far from/above the madding crowd? Maybe you are referring to someone like Soflasnapper, whom you violently disagree with, or your favorite Target,Gayle.
You have "slain" them in battle???? (I must have been off the net that day)...but, perhaps...with the help of your Aide De Camp, JohnnyD (that is pure camp that he writes, isn't it?)

LWW
04-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Your post is illogical and disjointed.

Please speak coherently.

pooltchr
04-07-2011, 12:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your post is illogical and disjointed.

Please speak coherently. </div></div>

Now, who is setting the bar too high?

Steve

wolfdancer
04-07-2011, 12:30 PM
ya know...that reads more like a post of JohnnyD's,.....hmmm