PDA

View Full Version : 800,000 Non Essential Govt Workers.

Sev
04-07-2011, 05:49 PM
If 800,000 people in the federal government are non essential why do they have jobs in the first place.
Fire them.
If there average salery is 50k a year that 40,000,000,000 billion a year in permanent savings not including the benefits.

What I really want to know is why the US government needs approx 2,000,000 people on the payroll in the first place?
That averages about 1 Federal government worker for each 157 citizens.

Now there 21.5 million public sector employees in the US. That means ever 1 in 14.6 people are working for the government.

That is a huge amount of tax dollars. Especially when you consider that about 50% of the population is not paying taxes.

This people is a huge problem.

pooltchr
04-07-2011, 06:00 PM
But we can't cut spending....it would be bad for the economy!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

cushioncrawler
04-07-2011, 06:07 PM
What % of private bizness in theusofa iz nonessential???
I would say about 90%.
mac.

Sev
04-07-2011, 06:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What % of private bizness in theusofa iz nonessential???
I would say about 90%.
mac. </div></div>

perhaps so. However they add to the GDP and create jobs. Public sector workers act as parasites feeding off the largess of the tax payers.

pooltchr
04-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Non essential private sector workers generally don't stay employed for very long. Since the one who signs their checks is not spending someone else's money, they are usually much more aware of who is worth the money, and who isn't.

Steve

cushioncrawler
04-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Didnt i read a story where it woz figured that about 80% of what u and all spend iz spent on nonessential stuff, mostly krapp.
Usofa pipple kood hav just az much fun etc if they avoided costly stupid fun and habits.
mac.

Qtec
04-08-2011, 02:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Public sector workers act as parasites feeding off the largess of the tax payers. </div></div>

Teachers are parasites? This is the talk of the loony Right.

Q

LWW
04-08-2011, 03:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What % of private bizness in theusofa iz nonessential???
I would say about 90%.
mac. </div></div>

Blatant false flag argument.

pooltchr
04-08-2011, 06:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didnt i read a story where it woz figured that about 80% of what u and all spend iz spent on nonessential stuff, mostly krapp.
Usofa pipple kood hav just az much fun etc if they avoided costly stupid fun and habits.
mac. </div></div>

I think 80% is probably a bit high, but you do have a point that, while it has nothing to do with this thread, is interesting.
There really is no "need" for 50 inch televisions, cars that can park themselves, back yard swimming pools, and a lot of the things we "want".
I do think the economy has caused a lot of people to re-think how they live, and how they are spending money. Many people, either out of necessity or just concern, are understanding that we really can get along just fine with far less than we thought.

From that perspective, the economic downturn may have had one unintended benefit.

But the point is still that when we have 800,000 people living off the taxpayers who are in non essential jobs, hearinng our politicians tell us they have cut the budget as far as they can just doesn't ring true.

Steve

Sev
04-08-2011, 06:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Public sector workers act as parasites feeding off the largess of the tax payers. </div></div>

Teachers are parasites? This is the talk of the loony Right.

Q </div></div>

Anybody that is paid from the tax payers is in a parasitic relationship whereas the GDP is concerned. If I worked for any government institution I would be as well.

There is a difference between what public and private sector employees do for the well being of the country.

There is no reason to have a 1:14.6 ratio of public sector workers in this nation. Especially when approx 50% of the population pays no taxes other than incidental ones when purchasing goods. And even then food stamps users pay no taxes.

LWW
04-08-2011, 01:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody that is paid from the tax payers is in a parasitic relationship whereas the GDP is concerned. If I worked for any government institution I would be as well. </div></div>

I disagree.

Education raises GDP to a higher level than the nation would have without education spending, much like GDP is much higher with a military than without one.

What is parasitic is the NEA.

Although the taxpayer pays, and the NEA collects, more per student than any nation on Oit ... we receive very poor results.

I don't have a problem with what we spend on education.

I do have a problem with what we receive for the price we pay.

I realize that If I go to the BMW store, I have to pay the price of a 7 to get a 7 ... but if I do and the sales rep hands me keys to a 3 we are going to have some additional face time to discuss my feelings.

Sev
04-08-2011, 02:19 PM
There is such a thing as symbiotic relationships between the host and parasite.

However it still does not change the fact that you are dealing with a form of parasite.