PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

eg8r
04-07-2011, 08:32 PM
So, anyone here watch American Idol? I have been a fan since the very first season and have been pretty lucky a few seasons at picking the winner. This season that will not happen since Pia was booted. I cannot believe it.

I definitely did not enjoy Iggy Pop's song at all. That man is way past his good years and the drug use is taking its toll. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

pooltchr
04-07-2011, 08:46 PM
I said from the beginning that it was going to be one of the guys to win this year. But I really expected Stephano to go before she did.

Steve

LWW
04-08-2011, 03:23 AM
Believe it or not, I've never watched it.

pooltchr
04-08-2011, 05:51 AM
The show itself runs way too long, with a lot of fillers, but the actual competition is usually pretty good. By the time they get it down to the top 10, you find some seriously good talent.
The results show could easily be cut down to 30 minutes, but the success of the show demands an hour so they can sell more commercials.
Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, and several others have gone from Idol to some pretty successful music careers.
I find it a good show to have on while I am working on the computer. It is not worth sitting and just watching, but it's easy to keep up with if it's in the background.

Steve

eg8r
04-08-2011, 07:08 AM
I DVR the show so that I can skip the commercials. It almost feels like you spend more time watching commercials than you do watching the singers.

The other big negative is that Pia was HOT!!! Haley is the last looker on the show IMO. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r <~~~New pick...James

Stretch
04-08-2011, 08:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I DVR the show so that I can skip the commercials. It almost feels like you spend more time watching commercials than you do watching the singers.

The other big negative is that Pia was HOT!!! Haley is the last looker on the show IMO. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~New pick...James </div></div>

Pia was my pick. Was shocked when she got the boot. At this stage it's no longer a talent show. They all have crazy good talent up the ying-yang. It's a popularity contest. St.

pooltchr
04-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Letting the general public pick the winner of Idol is a crap shoot as to whether or not you will get the most talented person, since the general public wouldn't know real talent if it hit them upside the head.

Remember, these are the same people who vote in elections, which could explain how we ended up with the mess we have in Washington these days.

You are correct...it's a popularity contest, not decigned to give us the best...only the most popular.

Steve

eg8r
04-08-2011, 10:42 AM
I agree. In previous seasons I honestly think they allowed really bad talent to make it to the top 10 so they could make sure "their" guy/gal won but this year I it feels completely different. I think Paul should be the next to go. We only need one Rod Stewart. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
04-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Heck, not even the most popular wins out. Remember "vote for the worst"? They made a gimmick out of it for a few seasons.