PDA

View Full Version : HennesseyrobsTONYWATSON

09-12-2002, 01:34 PM
JONATHANHENNESSEYknownas'JONATHAN PENIGAR'robbedTONY WATSONwiththe8 .TONYWATSON a player fromNorth Carolina who's caliber of the game is aboutColtrain's speed gave hennessey the 8 playing 7 ahead for $500 . HENNESSEY a player from Manchester,TN. known for his explosive play on the table won the set. The game was even for awhile,and then hennessey told me it's gonna be clos for 30 min. and then im gonna openup. Well HE did by making the 8 on the break almost every other time,and capitalizing by getting out from any where.

Vagabond
09-12-2002, 06:06 PM
Howdy,
How could that happen!!!Spotted ball( 8 ) going down on breaks.Little tony should know better how to rack!!!!When I see him few weeks from now I wil find that out.Thanks for the info.cheers
Vagabond

09-12-2002, 06:27 PM
He gave him the wild eight, and they racked their own

Vagabond
09-12-2002, 10:39 PM
I know 8 was wild but allowing the recipient of the spot to rack himself for his break is not a good idea.cheers
vagabond

09-12-2002, 11:39 PM
Surely they at least agreed on where the 8 was consistently positioned in the rack.

09-13-2002, 01:27 AM
tony made a little fuss about where hennessey was putting the 8 in the rack. he was putting it on the right hand side directly behind the one. after he made it a couple of times in like 3 games, tony made him move it over to the left side directly behind the one. hennessey told him that he couldnt tell him how to rack the balls. but it didnt matter because he made it a couple of times with it in the spot where tony wanted it. he made the 8 on the hill game also.

they went back and forth for a little while. then, tony breaks and runs 4 racks and in the fifth, he tried a DUMB combination on the 5/9. he missed it and it was all downhill from there. i believe that if he had not went for the combination and ran the rack he would have run out the set. if he didn't it would have been 5 up with him breaking.

09-13-2002, 08:19 AM
How much were they playing for and what was the set?

09-13-2002, 08:37 AM
Never mind--should have read your post more thoroughly!!

Sorry!

09-13-2002, 12:55 PM
I think tony had the game won except for when he tried that 5/9 combo rather than to run out. hennessey played strong and managed to get out from any where ,in which he's suposed to as a explosive player.he took tony from 4 games around the table to 7 like that, tony missed , 2 or 3 long green shots ,and when he did hennessey capitalized by running out the set....TONY SHOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME,,, This was an upset i think........Hennessey did the same thing in job's in nashville at the music city open in january when he was playing a strong player by the name of BOBBY PICKLE ,they were playing even 8 ahead for $$1500 it went back and forth for awhile and then hennessey cought a gear and ran the set out,he did the same thing to BOBBY as he did to tony 2 nights ago at job's in nashville.....................

09-13-2002, 02:07 PM
bobby pickle won the BCA open this year in vegas

09-15-2002, 06:23 PM
Were they playing on a bar table?

09-23-2002, 05:13 AM
yes, they were playing on a diamond smart table at job's which is about the same size as a bar table............