PDA

View Full Version : 14.1 strategy

Harry B
04-10-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm just getting into 14.1 and finding it a bit frustrating.
I now know enough to know I don't know enough about the game's strategy. I've had a high run of 22 balls and a few 15-20's but mostly i'm getting stuck at around 7 or 8.
Any recomendations on sources for learning 14.1 strategy... specially videos...would be greatly appreciated.

JJFSTAR
04-11-2011, 06:31 AM
http://www.deadstrokeuniversity.com/VideoEvaluation.html

Fran Crimi
04-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Harry, the best advice I can offer you is to buy 14.1 DVD's from Accu-Stats and study them. Also Accu-Stats has some 14.1 matches with player reviews. Those are matches where the tape is replayed with the player commentating and explaining his strategy as the tape is rolling. It's a great way to study the game through the eyes of a top player and to actually hear and see what they are doing at the same time. Players really can't explain what they're doing and shoot at the same time because all that talking gets them out of their game. Pat Fleming's player review dvds are a brilliant idea.

Brian in VA
04-11-2011, 10:52 AM
I'd recommend George Fels' book, Advanced Pool for a very in depth look at how to play the game. From the sound of it, you have the basics down and need strategy help. This will give it to you.

I'm not sure the book is still in print but you may be able to find it on Amazon. George also posts here from time to time; maybe he has copies he'd sell.

Good luck! It's my favorite game!

Brian in VA

Rich R.
04-12-2011, 07:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fran Crimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Harry, the best advice I can offer you is to buy 14.1 DVD's from Accu-Stats and study them. Also Accu-Stats has some 14.1 matches with player reviews. Those are matches where the tape is replayed with the player commentating and explaining his strategy as the tape is rolling. It's a great way to study the game through the eyes of a top player and to actually hear and see what they are doing at the same time. Players really can't explain what they're doing and shoot at the same time because all that talking gets them out of their game. Pat Fleming's player review dvds are a brilliant idea. </div></div>
The player review match between Jim Rempe and Ginky is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

Rempe also has "How to Run a Rack" and "How to Run 100 Balls" which are both excellent and available from Accu-Stats.

BlakeW
10-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Practice Practice Practice. Also the Irving Crane videos on Youtube posted on page 4 of this forum are excellent.