PDA

View Full Version : Barbara's the NUTZ!

SPetty
09-12-2002, 02:23 PM
Wowee wow wow!! I just received a perfectly packaged *huge* bag of Barbara's famous pecans. All I can say is "suu-weet"!!! They definitely live up to their reputation.

If you ever have a chance to wager with Barbara for pecans, it's definitely worth the risk! It would also be worth the risk to bribe, finagle, beg, do favors for - whatever it takes to get into Barbara's nuts!

Thanks Barbara! I know it was a pile of trouble to actually follow through on this. I was going to PM you to say - hey, fahgeddaboutit - but I had heard way too many good things about Barbara's nuts so I just couldn't bring myself to pass them up - especially since I had already missed out in Valley Forge.

I've been nibbling on Barbara's nuts all afternoon now! Suu-weet!

Thanks Barbara!

Barbara
09-12-2002, 03:16 PM
Ah HA!

So they lived up to your expectations, did they? Now you see how I can finagle stuff here and there.

That bag was two pounds of raw pecans. All done up, they weigh about 4 1/2 pounds. Personally, I'm sick of them, having made over 150 lbs so far, but I do sample one or two from each batch to make sure they came out to my specs. If it gets too hot and humid, just throw 'em in the freezer. They're pretty tasty cold, too.

Guess how much butter goes into each batch??

NONE! It's all technique, baby!

MikeM should be getting his any time now...

Gotta go - good sailing weather!!
Barbara~~~still can't believe Bob lost... noooooooo...

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2002, 03:19 PM
Hey Barbara, do you know how to make pralines?

Wendy<---drooling /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

MikeM
09-12-2002, 04:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> MikeM should be getting his any time now...

<hr></blockquote>

Mine didn't make it today! It's not fair. WAAAAH! My mouth is still watering!

MM

Rich R.
09-12-2002, 05:27 PM
Mike, they are worth the wait. Just keep checking the mail box.
Rich R.

SpiderMan
09-12-2002, 06:06 PM
Don't forget to bring them to dinner tomorrow night at the Bass Club! We'll enjoy a treat while we collect our weekly allowance.

SpiderMan

Barbara
09-12-2002, 06:36 PM
Mike,

Yours should be there tomorrow, Saturday at the THE very latest. If you you don't get them by Saturday, I want to know!

Barbara~~~thanks MikeM again for her keychain...

Rod
09-12-2002, 10:59 PM
Umm jummy in ice cream, one of my favorites!

MikeM
09-14-2002, 05:42 AM
Barbara's famous nuts arrived on my doorstep yesterday. Wow, they're delicious! The whole family loves them.

Thanks very, very much Barbara (you too SPetty for winning the bet!).

MM

Barbara
09-14-2002, 09:02 AM
Well finally!! I was getting worried.

Enjoy! And thanks again for all the personal time it took you to make these keychains a happening thing!!

Barbara~~~has acquired two more addicts... heh heh heh....

SPetty
09-16-2002, 10:46 AM
I hope you can find it in your collective hearts to forgive me for posting about Barbara's nuts.

And, I hope you can find it in your collective hearts to forgive me for bringing up this old thread again.

I would like to clarify that this post about Barbara's nuts was a direct response to a publicly posted pool-related wager about a pool tournament where people were playing pool. Bob lost that pool tournament, so Barbara lost the bet. Since some of you pay attention to the CCB posts, I thought you might want to hear about the pecans that were the payoff to that publicly posted pool-related wager about a pool tournament where people were playing pool.

Just thought I'd clarify that for you. My mistake. Please forgive me.