PDA

View Full Version : I Signed Up But...

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2002, 02:40 PM
I signed up for the CCB tourney but since I can't bring my pool cues, I'm going to have to borrow someone else's while they sit?

Wendy~~wishes they would allow pool cues on airplanes

09-12-2002, 02:45 PM
I traveled with my pool cue just a few weeks ago. You are really being told you cannot take your cue with you?

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2002, 02:50 PM
I'm flying standby which means that I'll board a plane when it has an empty seat for me so I don't know which plane I'll get on. If I check in my cues, there is a possibility that I might not get on the plane that my cues are on!

It's the price you pay when you fly for nothing!

Ross
09-12-2002, 03:11 PM
Wendy, you are more than welcome to use mine when I'm not using it. Which may be most of the time! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif It has a Predator shaft though, which takes a little getting used to if you haven't used one before.

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2002, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the offer! Wouldn't mind it one bit. I have used one before but never in competition. Ah, what the hell. It's for the fun of it all!

nAz
09-12-2002, 03:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Ross:</font><hr> Wendy, you are more than welcome to use mine when I'm not using it. Which may be most of the time! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif It has a Predator shaft though, which takes a little getting used to if you haven't used one before. <hr></blockquote>
Wow thats way cool lending her your cue... i would becarefull since she is known to chew on her cue /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2002, 03:35 PM
Don't listen to him Ross. I only chew on Naz's cue. Oh wait, that didn't sound right. /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Seriously though, I do appreciate the offer. And besides, if I lose, I can blame your cue! LOL /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

nAz
09-12-2002, 03:37 PM
ouch... teeth
im outa here.. and i wont be back ever not till 1am!

Tom_In_Cincy
09-12-2002, 04:28 PM
9BallGirl
I will have a 21 oz Meucci Road Agent, a 20.5 oz Joss and a 19 oz Bludworth cue that you can chose from ..

09-12-2002, 04:46 PM
why do you get to fly for nothing?

09-12-2002, 04:47 PM
anyone want to chew on my cue?

MikeM
09-12-2002, 04:49 PM
What do you shoot with, Wendy?

MM

heater451
09-12-2002, 06:13 PM
You might be able to ask Brady/Barry to accept a package for you,and Fedex them down. Make sure you arrange to get them back, in case you don't make it down.

================

Tom_In_Cincy
09-12-2002, 06:15 PM
Or, you can Fedex or UPS them to the Holiday Inn.. "hold for pickup by Wendy

09-12-2002, 06:32 PM
IT MIGHT BE A BIT PRICEY FOR THE INSURANCE oops caps lock.... costs me about 40 bucks to send my cue to get refinnished cause i have to insure it for 1000 bucks

heater451
09-12-2002, 06:52 PM
From their website: http://www.ups.com/using/services/accs/dv-guide.html

Each UPS package shipped domestically, or international shipment, is automatically protected by UPS against loss or damage up to a value of $100 (U.S.). Subject to certain limitations and exclusions, additional protection up to $50,000 (U.S.) per package is available upon request. The charge for each $100 of insured value, or fraction thereof, is $.35 (U.S.). If additional protection is desired, a shipper may purchase insurance for amounts in excess of $100 (U.S.) by indicating the value to be insured in the insured value field of the UPS source document or the UPS shipping system used. For additional information, access the Excess Value Insurance brochure as indicated below.

===============

09-12-2002, 07:47 PM
perfect :O) I based mine on greyhound bus deliveries

Kato
09-12-2002, 08:07 PM
She could also have one of the New York girls bring her cue for her.

Kato~~~thinking is my job and I do it with more mediocrity than anyone I know.LOL

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2002, 11:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> why do you get to fly for nothing?
<hr></blockquote>

My friend is a Captain for United Express (Airlines).

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2002, 11:24 PM
I shoot with a Viking soon to become half Viking half Predator. So I'll probably shoot with Ross' cue that he's offered since it has a Predator shaft (sorry Harold).

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2002, 11:29 PM
Sounds like a good idea only thing is I'll be using them on Wed. 9/25 and Thur. 9/26 for my league night and 9 ball tourney respectively. I'm leaving for the Open on Fri. 9/27. But I promise I'll take my keychain off by cuecase and hook it up to my purse! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Wendy~~I'm a NY girl, I should be able to adapt to anything /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

Jay M
09-13-2002, 01:34 AM
Just another option for you. Q-Masters has some really well maintained rental cues that you can use.

Jay M

Kato
09-13-2002, 06:04 AM
I've got a Predator SLP that I don't use. I'll bring it for you if you'd like?

Kato

Vagabond
09-13-2002, 07:13 AM
Howdy Folks,
In the past on two occassions I posted on this matter.I put my sticks in the cue case and the cue case in a suit case that is checked in.They reach the destination in mint condition.It worked for me and I will continue this practice.Cheers
Vagabond

9 Ball Girl
09-13-2002, 08:22 AM
So many cues, so little time. I've been offered a couple of cues now so I think that what I'll do as to not disappoint any of the generous CCBers, is to shoot each shot with a different cue. It'll be like those award presenters that change their clothes 5 times in 1 hour. Just kidding of course! Kato, I'll gladly play with yours.

Wendy~~/ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Lester
09-13-2002, 08:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> So many cues, so little time. I've been offered a couple of cues now so I think that what I'll do as to not disappoint any of the generous CCBers, is to shoot each shot with a different cue. It'll be like those award presenters that change their clothes 5 times in 1 hour. Just kidding of course! Kato, I'll gladly play with yours.

Wendy~~/ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Wendy, you should get Kato to "caddy" for you during the CCB Tourney. lol ***Lester***

Kato
09-13-2002, 08:55 AM
At least I'll be wearing socks without holes in them Lester. Wendy, I'll gladly bring my cue but of course you should play with the cue you are most comfortable with. I'm sure there will be 200 cues in the room considering all the closet Googan's we have around here (Hey, I keep alot of stuff in my case but the only tool I use is Altoids.LOL).

Kato

Lester
09-13-2002, 08:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> At least I'll be wearing socks without holes in them Lester. Wendy, I'll gladly bring my cue but of course you should play with the cue you are most comfortable with. I'm sure there will be 200 cues in the room considering all the closet Googan's we have around here (Hey, I keep alot of stuff in my case but the only tool I use is Altoids.LOL).

Kato <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;DARN!!!! (pun intended), who told you about the holes? lol ***Lester***

bluewolf
09-13-2002, 09:46 AM
I signed up but...i am an apa 8ball 2.i have never played nineball except what i have seen on tv. someone said it was okay to sign up just for fun cuz i could always play safe.

if all the slots are taken up and someone wants to play, i will gladly give up my slot. i will still come anyway to meet other ccbers and look at stuff for sell etc

bw

9 Ball Girl
09-13-2002, 09:54 AM
Ha ha ha! Lester, I guess we can say you are "holier-than-thou?" Ha ha ha! "A Hole in One"! Sorry, couldn't help myself. /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

SpiderMan
09-13-2002, 10:42 AM
Visit Dallas, and tell us when you're coming!

SpiderMan

Lester
09-13-2002, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Ha ha ha! Lester, I guess we can say you are "holier-than-thou?" Ha ha ha! "A Hole in One"! Sorry, couldn't help myself. /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Yes Wendy, my oldest socks have a "religious" meaning to me. My big toe is my "ace in the hole". ha ha ***Lester ~sock it to me, baby!

09-13-2002, 10:50 AM
how does the apa system work.....in bca lets say you play 10 games.... lets say you win 8 of them at 10 points each you get 80 points.... in the games you lose you count the balls you made.... lets say i made10 balls in the 2 games for a total of 90 points....
system goes like this
65+ you are a 7
75+ - 8
85+ - 9
95+ - 10

I consistantly hover in the high 8's to low nines over the years.. but I will say our league is probably one of the toughest in north america.. constantly spitting out BCA champions . how does the system for apa work

Amanda
09-13-2002, 10:56 AM
APA has this complex formula that has to do with number of innings per game, number of games won/lost. Number of matches won/lost and skill level of your opponent. I've never truely figured it out, its over my head.
I also play BCA, we do a 5 game average here, mine usually varies from a 42-44, I play in BCA as well as APA here. I must say that overall I like the level of competition much better in BCA, but the format of shoot a game is not my favorite method, I prefer playing a race.

09-13-2002, 03:19 PM
some girls have all the luck

9 Ball Girl
09-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Ah yes, Dallas, TX. Where the Texans claim to have everything big. You betcha I'll tell ya when I'm going down there!

Wendy~~heard Texas has the biggest rollercoasters /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

nAz
09-13-2002, 06:19 PM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class=&amp;quot;small&amp;quot;&gt;Quote: 9 Ball Girl:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Ah yes, Dallas, TX. Where the Texans claim to have everything big. You betcha I'll tell ya when I'm going down there!

Wendy~~heard Texas has the biggest rollercoasters /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Texas! nothin but steers and queers in texas um according to the drill Sarg. in full metal jacket /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Brady_Behrman
09-13-2002, 07:06 PM
YOU CAN SHIP CUES TO MY HOME ...

Brady@q-masters.com