PDA

View Full Version : Aramith Super Pro vs Brunswick Tour Edition

KalboKev
04-14-2011, 05:10 AM
The Centennial version. I like the "Measel" cue ball Aramith has. Really, is there any difference???

Rich R.
04-14-2011, 06:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Centennial version. I like the "Measel" cue ball Aramith has. Really, is there any difference??? </div></div>
I like both the Brunswick Centennial and the Super Aramith Pro-cup balls that come with the measel cue ball. Yes, they are a little bit different, but they both play well.

What I don't like is when people mix a Aramith red circle cue ball with a Centennial set of balls. The red circle is lighter and some players like to use it because it is easier to draw and get action. However, I don't believe the game was meant to be played with a miss matched set of balls. IMHO, the cue ball should be from the same set as the other balls.

FCrimi
04-14-2011, 07:19 AM
Yes. But before I answer, I have to ask a question. Does the measel ball actually come with the set or is it purchased separately?

cushioncrawler
04-14-2011, 04:35 PM
None ovem play well. They are all soft hi gloss krappamiths.
Wouldnt hav been allowed in the oldendays -- hi-gloss balls were illegal.
How do u rekognize a krappamith ball. Hav a klose look. A krappamith ball iz a vitreous ball, with a bakelite center.
How good iz vitreous -- well, its very good, koz it lasts and lasts and lasts. If tiger woods played pool he would uze a krappamith for sure koz it lasts and lasts and lasts.
And, duznt that hi-gloss look good -- a salesmanager's dream.
Dont worry about all of the mini-kix and maxi-kix u get withem -- they look so good, and they last and last and last.
What iz vitreous -- dunno -- they wont say. But the centers are technically the best centers u kan ever hope to find.
Pity about the krappy bit that aktually kums into play.
mac.

KalboKev
04-17-2011, 05:49 AM
Really? intersting so, if Aramith balls weigh less than Centennial balls? That adds an interesting "extra" dimension, inertia as it is. Where's the Physic's Teacher???

Rich R.
04-17-2011, 06:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KalboKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really? intersting so, if Aramith balls weigh less than Centennial balls? That adds an interesting "extra" dimension, inertia as it is. Where's the Physic's Teacher??? </div></div>
The difference in weight is very small and when playing with a matched set, you probably wouldn't even notice it. However, when you mix the lighter cue ball into the heavier Centennial ball set, it does make a difference in how the cue ball reacts.