PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, not impressed

09-12-2002, 02:48 PM
I saw a billiard industry friend of mine at the BCA show in New Orleans this past July. He asked why he hadn't seen me posting here recently (actually, my last post was probably over a year ago). I said it was because I had been so busy.

Then I thought about it for a while. The real reason I stopped visiting was the nature of many posts here. While some posts have very insightful content, most do not. I think all of you have noticed that many frequent posters of 2 years ago have moved on. Unfortunately, so has their wealth of knowledge. Some new posters have turned this forum into something other than what I thought it should be. And something other than what was in the beginning.

There is no point to my ranting. I only wanted to let my friends know the reason for my absence.

Enjoy your forum. It is what you've made it.

Sorry George,

Brian Igielski
Hood Leather

09-12-2002, 03:22 PM
I would like to be the first, in a long list to come, to beg you to stay. Pleast don't leave. We love you, and to lose your insightful wisdom would be unbearable. You have kept us in suspense for so long now - waiting, hoping, that the day would come when you return. Now, you only return long enough to tell us you're leaving again. Please say it isn't so. If we cannot talk you into staying, then please take care of yourself. You will be sorely missed by us all. I only hope we can go on without you.

nAz
09-12-2002, 03:36 PM
bahahaha... come back under anonomous14 /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

09-12-2002, 04:40 PM
you were gone.... sorry didnt notice... must have been the lack of interesting posts you made

rackmup
09-13-2002, 07:39 AM
Billiard's Digest creates a message board with very few rules regarding it's usage (other than the common sense rules ALL boards have) and every now and then, along comes someone who thinks the board was created "just for them". They whine about why they aren't here and boast of why they left...always something to the effect of "It's not what I wanted" or "It's not what I thought it should be".

Who are these people? Are they industry leaders, professional players or just nit-wits that sit in a dark bedroom, located in their mom's house, pondering video games, teen chat lines and a severe case of acne, spending their mis-spent youth on a computer, griping about everything that doesn't suit their needs?

Regards,

Ken (not leaving, not complaining and not suffering from pre-pubescent acne)

Vagabond
09-13-2002, 07:41 AM
Howdy Brian,
As a result of a similar posting a week ago,there was a big war among CCBers and now are resting.I guess they are not in a mood for another war.No worries Mate
vagabond

09-13-2002, 08:31 AM
Well said. And at the rate that some of them post, it hard to imagine where they find the time to actually play pool, or is it just Virtual Pool?

bluewolf
09-13-2002, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CueBald:</font><hr> Well said. And at the rate that some of them post, it hard to imagine where they find the time to actually play pool, or is it just Virtual Pool? <hr></blockquote>

i am assuming i am part of that group since i post a lot.ww and i have been in transition this month of moving my stuff from roanoke,va to his place in md.i was on a teachers salary last year, and got paychecks all summer so could do this without working.i am sure that once i am working full time, my posts,number of,will diminish greatly.i guess some post from work but i never do get those kind of jobs &lt;G&gt;.also because i am not working i can put 1-2 hours at least per day on the table.

once i am working everything will shift.wont have time to be on ccb all the time,play pool everyday,play with my dogs,spend time with ww, so something will give....yuckk i have gotten used to this leisurely lifestyle...from my perspective work sucks...

lazy in md

MikeM
09-13-2002, 12:25 PM
"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so?
There's a support group for that. It's called

EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."

--Drew Carey

TomBrooklyn
09-13-2002, 03:56 PM
If you think work is bad, it will be. I'll bet you know that. =TB=

bluewolf
09-14-2002, 08:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> If you think work is bad, it will be. I'll bet you know that. =TB= <hr></blockquote>

aw. i will like it once i start.it is just right now i am having so much fun being a bumm &lt;VBG&gt;

bw

09-15-2002, 10:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Brian:</font><hr> I only wanted to let my friends know the reason for my absence.<hr></blockquote> Uhh, help me out here a little folks. Does anybody know this guy?
----SlimPickins'

Scott Lee
09-15-2002, 10:12 AM
Brian from Hood Leather, is a very well respected member of our billiard community. He has been posting on this board almost since it began. I, for one, have missed his posts, and will miss having him to comment on pool threads. I can understand why he does not want to be part of some of the threads that have been posted in the past few months.

Scott Lee

09-15-2002, 10:25 AM
Thanks Scott.

Well, thank goodness we have nAz, dOwntOwn, rackmup, CueBald, and bluewolf to fill in the gaps.
---TNJim

09-15-2002, 11:04 AM
its d0wnt0wn to you!