PDA

View Full Version : Flashback 1999

Qtec
04-14-2011, 08:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wednesday, August 4, 1999 Published at 16:54 GMT 17:54 UK

Business: The Economy

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>US to buy back national debt</span>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>For the first time in 25 years, the US Government plans to reduce the size of the national debt.</span>

The news represents a transformation of the US budget position, after struggling with huge deficits for most of the last decade.

[ image: US Treasury Secretary Summers wants to cut the debt]
US Treasury Secretary Summers wants to cut the debt
And it comes as a riposte to Republican plans to use the budget surplus to fund more tax cuts.

The last time the US tried to reduce its debt was in 1972.

It now says it will begin repurchasing Treasury bonds before they fall due, as early as next February, cutting back on the $3.6 trillion (2.4 trillion) it owes to the public.

Larry Summers, US Treasury Secretary talking on the BBC's Newsnight
Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers said that "reducing the supply of Treasury debt held by the public brings enormous benefits for our economy".

He argued that savings could be used instead for more productive investment in factories, while reducing the total amount of debt would help cut interest rates.

But the repurchase scheme will not begin until after a consultation to consider "a number of complex issues that will need to be worked out".

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Surplus </span>squabble

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>The proposal comes as Democrats and Republicans squabble over what to do with the growing US budget surplus.</span>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>Last year, the government had a surplus of $69.2 billion,</span> a total which is likely to be exceeded this year. It is the first time since 1957 that the US has had two consecutive years of budget surplus. </div></div>

link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/411973.stm)

Oh Dear.

Q

wolfdancer
04-14-2011, 08:33 PM
"Surplus" has since been removed from the government lexicon.
It was an historical and outdated concept.

cushioncrawler
04-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers said that "reducing the public supply of Treasury debt held by the public brings enormous benefits for the public".

"The public owes the public much too much public money. This can only hurt the public. The public will be much better off if the public debt iz reduced by less public spending on the public. The public savings could be used for public investment on the public, while helping to help cut public interest rates".
mac.

Stretch
04-15-2011, 06:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers said that "reducing the public supply of Treasury debt held by the public brings enormous benefits for the public".

"The public owes the public much too much public money. This can only hurt the public. The public will be much better off if the public debt iz reduced by less public spending on the public. The public savings could be used for public investment on the public, while helping to help cut public interest rates".
mac. </div></div>

You must be a Republican. lol St.

wolfdancer
04-15-2011, 11:29 AM
as soon as I decipher that "doubletalk" I might comment on it. There's some mention of the public, and the rest is incomprehensible?

cushioncrawler
04-15-2011, 03:14 PM
There iz debt and there iz debt. Much of the time around here i see mention of theusofa gov debt where that debt iz simply the usofa owing money to the usofa, ie no real debt at all.
Its like my left pocket owing money to my right pocket.
But here the repubs would say that my future kids and grandkids will suffer koz of my left pocket debt.
The only way my grandkids might suffer iz if both pockets were full of coins and i accidentally squashed my nuts when reeeching for a shot.
mac.

wolfdancer
04-15-2011, 03:23 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Mac, it's nice to see some humor, on what has lately become a dangerous site, if one does not not agree with the new majority here.

JohnnyD
04-16-2011, 01:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Mac, it's nice to see some humor, on what has lately become a dangerous site, if one does not not agree with the new majority here. </div></div>Are your windows bullet proof?
Do you have sand bags and ammo ready?
Gas mask for tear gas?

JohnnyD
04-16-2011, 01:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Surplus" has since been removed from the government lexicon.
It was an historical and outdated concept. </div></div>
Research is your friend.You can do it with your high iq.

Stretch
04-16-2011, 01:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Surplus" has since been removed from the government lexicon.
Research is your friend.You can do it with your high iq. </div></div>

You're making Master Larry very proud of you. Keep up the great cyberstocking. If you are real good he'll let you sit on his lap tonight. St.

JohnnyD
04-16-2011, 02:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Surplus" has since been removed from the government lexicon.

You're making Master Larry very proud of you. Keep up the great cyberstocking. If you are real good he'll let you sit on his lap tonight. St. </div></div>Maybe handoe will let you sit on his.just ask him.YOU must be jealous since he didn't send you an email.

wolfdancer
04-16-2011, 02:32 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
iz lww,jd,or sev?
An ego like that can't be contained in just one web alias?

LWW
04-16-2011, 03:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Surplus" has since been removed from the government lexicon.

You're making Master Larry very proud of you. Keep up the great <span style='font-size: 14pt'>cyberstocking</span>. If you are real good he'll let you sit on his lap tonight. St. </div></div>

This:

http://static.phonesreview.co.uk/wp-content/phoneimages/2007/11/christmas-stocking.gif

is a cyber stocking.

Did Q teach you English, or are you a Newfie?

wolfdancer
04-16-2011, 03:34 PM
is that another threat JD?
Nah, I don't expect a frontal attack......see lww and sev's old posts on sniper fire and weaponry.

JohnnyD
04-16-2011, 05:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
iz lww,jd,or sev?
An ego like that can't be contained in just one web alias? </div></div>And you admitted to now you can't live with it.Like everyone says your stuck on stupid.

JohnnyD
04-16-2011, 05:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is that another threat JD?
Nah, I don't expect a frontal attack......see lww and sev's old posts on sniper fire and weaponry. </div></div>Stuck on stupid again.
Regret that you admitted you did it.Feel guilty now don't you.Loser.

JohnnyD
04-16-2011, 05:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is that another threat JD?
Nah, I don't expect a frontal attack......see lww and sev's old posts on sniper fire and weaponry. </div></div>
You and handoe make a good pair.One gear stuck on stupid.
The truth will set you free.

LWW
04-17-2011, 04:35 AM
Nah, I don't expect a frontal attack......see lww and sev's old posts on sniper fire and weaponry. </div></div>

Why don't you quote it with a link?

What's that?

You made it up?

I thought so.

LWW
04-17-2011, 04:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
iz lww,jd,or sev?
An ego like that can't be contained in just one web alias? </div></div>And you admitted to now you can't live with it.Like everyone says your stuck on stupid. </div></div>

woofie has had several aliases that he has been busted for over the years.

Mike the Bike was another cabal troll who kept popping up under different names.