PDA

View Full Version : Abbott and Costello explain union loafers

LWW
04-16-2011, 06:42 AM
OH DEAR! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY1xaoJPdek&feature=player_embedded)

cushioncrawler
04-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Very funny -- dough, loafing.
mac.

JohnnyD
04-17-2011, 05:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very funny -- dough, loafing.
mac. </div></div>
EXCELLENT POST.

cushioncrawler
04-17-2011, 06:23 PM
And the loafer's union stuff.
mac.

JohnnyD
04-17-2011, 06:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the loafer's union stuff.
mac. </div></div>
Mac you are so funny.You should have your own show.Perhaps replace Imus and it would be called the Mac Daddy Show.
How's that paddlewheeler project doing?
Someday bring that up to New York and we'll have lunch and some Glenfiddich.Have a stupendous day.
Your friend in America
JohnnyD

cushioncrawler
04-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Paddlewheeler iz on hold.
I hav lots of leftover bracing ply etc from the new house to make a 7piece bolttogether twin hull paddlewheeler, but would be very heavy, and the lake iz now full again but the trout wont be pan sized for a couple of year, so mightbe later.
But i hav 2 or 3 revolutionary ideas (bad word) for the paddlewheel dezign and drive setup, and really the whole thing would be for the fun of building rather than so much for uzing.

Anyhow, if i fit a GPS then who knows u might be able to take a pix of me paddling by the statue of liberty one day.
mac.

JohnnyD
04-17-2011, 06:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paddlewheeler iz on hold.
I hav lots of leftover bracing ply etc from the new house to make a 7piece bolttogether twin hull paddlewheeler, but would be very heavy, and the lake iz now full again but the trout wont be pan sized for a couple of year, so mightbe later.
But i hav 2 or 3 revolutionary ideas (bad word) for the paddlewheel dezign and drive setup, and really the whole thing would be for the fun of building rather than so much for uzing.

Anyhow, if i fit a GPS then who knows u might be able to take a pix of me paddling by the statue of liberty one day.
mac. </div></div>
That gps is a great idea Mac.I remember once you said you liked to go in the ocean and navigate by the stars.That is ok,but your getting old and might need a backup just incase.
When you go by the Liberty statue you can call me on your cell phone the exact time you want a picture and i will take it then.Then dock the wheeler and we will go for lunch.
Until then remember to wear a life preserver that water is deep.
JohnnyD

cushioncrawler
04-17-2011, 07:15 PM
I kan see the headlines.
COAST GUARD ARRESTS PADDLEWHEELING TERRORIST.
A suspekted ozzy terrorist iz now in gitmo after being arrested while trying to enter newyork in hiz thorium reactor powered paddlewheeler.
The fbi suspekt that the reactor iz aktually a cover for a dirty bomb, and that madMac iz a suicide bomber.
madMac haz admitted under torture that he iz an atheist, and the fbi suspekt a possible atheist jihad.
An fbi spokesperson stated that water boarding woz not considered to be torture if uzing beer on an Ozzy.
mac.

wolfdancer
04-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Mac, I took a few rides on the Tahoo Queen and the M.S. Dixie II which may be the last commercial operating paddle wheelers in the states?... SS (http://www.zephyrcove.com/cruises.aspx)
Also took a ride on the Cape May Ferry boat, the last steam Recip in commercial operation.
When I was a kid we took the SS. Canadiana, another steam recip
across Lake Erie to the Crystal Beach, Ont. amusement park. The engine room was open to view (but not enter)....It was fascinating stuff for a kid....
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/47/SS_Canadiana.jpg/300px-SS_Canadiana.jpg
.... a couple of decades later I was studying steam recip engines...as they were still on the Coast Guard exam for an engineer's license.

cushioncrawler
04-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Woofly -- Would i be korrekt that praps your first paddlewheeler ride woz az a prizoner at the end of the civil war????
And u were wearing grey?????
mac.

cushioncrawler
04-17-2011, 07:47 PM
We used to hav 2 proper old style paddlewheelers operating akross the lake here, but not steamdriven.
Us kids (swimming) would hang down off the back for a while when they were leaving, and the conductor would havta skrape us off.

They got one a few years ago and were nearly finished doing it up (in a shed at the lake) but it burned in a fire (what else). I heard they were going to build it again from skratch if they found money.
mac.

JohnnyD
04-17-2011, 08:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We used to hav 2 proper old style paddlewheelers operating akross the lake here, but not steamdriven.
Us kids (swimming) would hang down off the back for a while when they were leaving, and the conductor would havta skrape us off.

They got one a few years ago and were nearly finished doing it up (in a shed at the lake) but it burned in a fire (what else). I heard they were going to build it again from skratch if they found money.
mac. </div></div>Maybe you could give them some technical advice.You are good at it.

cushioncrawler
04-17-2011, 08:50 PM
I would rekommend "Lucifer" fire lighters, and probly "Redhead" matches.
mac.

wolfdancer
04-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Blue!
I just looked up the invention of the paddle wheeler, guessing maybe mid 1800s, an by an American.....and was I way off.
"1783 First practical steamboat demonstrated by Marquis Claude Francois de Jouffroy d'Abbans - a paddle wheel steamboat"

LWW
04-18-2011, 03:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woofly -- Would i be korrekt that praps your first paddlewheeler ride woz az a prizoner at the end of the civil war????
And u were wearing grey?????
mac. </div></div>

You may well be right.