PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion on felt

ihatecars
04-16-2011, 09:36 PM
I want to recover my table and I am asking for suggestions. I play in the APA on bar tables and I want something similar so I can practice. I am not concerned about getting the best, especially if it is going to be faster than a normal bar table. I am more concerned with getting something close to what leagues play on.

Rich R.
04-16-2011, 09:53 PM
There is really nothing "normal" about the cloth on bar boxes. It varies from place to place. Some places have the old nappy cloth that is like playing on a wool blanket. Other places have the best Simonis cloth available. They could also have cloth that is anywhere between these two.

If you want something comparable to the cloth in a certain establishment, or group of establishments, ask them what cloth they are using. We would only be guessing.

Sid_Vicious
04-18-2011, 08:27 AM
If it was me, I'd put good Simonis on it and play right. It's always easier to speed your stroke up on wooly cloth than it is to get adjusted to real fast cloth. Besides, most any regional or national events for bar box tourneys will most likely be using the best, fast cloth. Labor cost for install would be enough for me to use Simonis. sid

bluey2king
04-19-2011, 09:05 AM
I agree with Sid. Tourneys will have the good cloth ie Simonis and I agree with him on it is eaiser to adjust speed from fast to slow. I am gone to tables that are real fast and over hit a crital shot!!
Good Luck