PDA

View Full Version : TP not racist ?

Qtec
04-17-2011, 02:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republican Tea Partiers just can't seem to get enough of those Obama/black people/chimpanzee jokes

Republicans seem to have a really, really narrow idea of what constitutes racism -- which is how they're able to claim that the Tea Parties aren't riddled with racism throughout.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>But then little stories like this one from Orange County keep bubbling up to the surface of their fetid little Tea Party cesspool:</span>

The Weekly has obtained a copy of an email sent to fellow conservatives this week <span style='font-size: 14pt'>by Marilyn Davenport, a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the central committee of the Orange County Republican Party.</span>

Under the words, "Now you know why no birth certificate," there's an Obama family portrait showing them as apes.

http://cdn.crooksandliars.com/files/vfs/2011/04/President_Obama_Monkeys.jpg

As always, the "sweet little old lady" who sent the mail had no idea that anyone might possibly construe the mail as racist, even though comparing black people to various kinds of apes has always been a stock feature of racist denigration in America. Why, some of her best friends are black!

Reached by telephone and asked if she thought the email was appropriate, Davenport said, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>"Oh, come on! Everybody who knows me knows that I am not a racist. It was a joke. I have friends who are black. Besides, I only sent it to a few people--mostly people I didn't think would be upset by it."</span>

The image did upset several local Republicans.

.. Scott Baugh, chairman of the OC Republican Party, told Davenport that the email was tasteless, Davenport--a Fullerton-based political activist--admitted to me during the telephone interview.

"You're not going to make a big deal about this are you?" she asked me. "It's just an Internet joke."

But Baugh believes the email is a big deal.

"When I saw that email today I thought it was despicable," Baugh said. "It is dripping with racism and it does not promote the type of message Orange County Republicans want to deliver to the public. I think she should consider stepping down as an elected official."

And just remember: There's nothing, NOTHING racist about those Tea Partiers, either. Just another isolated incident. Move along, please. </div></div>

Q

LWW
04-17-2011, 04:42 AM
So your point is that since TPM members were offended by this ... they must be racist?

That's deep brother.

LWW
04-17-2011, 04:45 AM
Is the leftist media racist?

According to you they are:

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/steve_bell/2004/10/15/bush512.jpg

LWW
04-17-2011, 04:47 AM

http://www.thehollywoodliberal.com/bush_cheney_rumsfeld_chimps.jpg

LWW
04-17-2011, 04:50 AM

http://www.americancitizenstogether.org/ACT/Pictures/I%20need%20more%20timeBushMonkey.jpg

LWW
04-17-2011, 04:52 AM

http://www.lifeisajoke.com/Bush/bush_chimp.JPG

LWW
04-17-2011, 04:53 AM
Yea verily, thou hath been hoist by thine own petard yet again.

Gayle in MD
04-18-2011, 01:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republican Tea Partiers just can't seem to get enough of those Obama/black people/chimpanzee jokes

Republicans seem to have a really, really narrow idea of what constitutes racism -- which is how they're able to claim that the Tea Parties aren't riddled with racism throughout.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>But then little stories like this one from Orange County keep bubbling up to the surface of their fetid little Tea Party cesspool:</span>

The Weekly has obtained a copy of an email sent to fellow conservatives this week <span style='font-size: 14pt'>by Marilyn Davenport, a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the central committee of the Orange County Republican Party.</span>

Under the words, "Now you know why no birth certificate," there's an Obama family portrait showing them as apes.

As always, the "sweet little old lady" who sent the mail had no idea that anyone might possibly construe the mail as racist, even though comparing black people to various kinds of apes has always been a stock feature of racist denigration in America. Why, some of her best friends are black!

Reached by telephone and asked if she thought the email was appropriate, Davenport said, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>"Oh, come on! Everybody who knows me knows that I am not a racist. It was a joke. I have friends who are black. Besides, I only sent it to a few people--mostly people I didn't think would be upset by it."</span>

.. Scott Baugh, chairman of the OC Republican Party, told Davenport that the email was tasteless, Davenport--a Fullerton-based political activist--admitted to me during the telephone interview.

"You're not going to make a big deal about this are you?" she asked me. "It's just an Internet joke."

"When I saw that email today I thought it was despicable," Baugh said. "It is dripping with racism and it does not promote the type of message Orange County Republicans want to deliver to the public. I think she should consider stepping down as an elected official."

And just remember: There's nothing, NOTHING racist about those Tea Partiers, either. Just another isolated incident. Move along, please. </div></div>

Q </div></div>

LMAO! And she says she's not a racist????

BWA HA HA HA...seems like there is never any connection between reality, and a Tea Party racist!

All one must do to witness the racism of the Tea Partiers, is just simply attend one of their little parties, and view the signage, and it is ALWAYS, as racist as it gets.

This womann is an obvious racist, yet she refuses to resign.

Interesting, Repiglicans are so good at demanding resignations, but catch them right in the middle of anything from frequenting prostitutes, to a disgusting display of extreme racism, and they just deny it, refuse to aplogize, refuse to resign, and in the midst of the scandal, they are giving standing ovations to offenders, one in particular I recall, in their party, caught going to the D.C. Madam, Vitter.

Jump, jump, jump the shark! That's the Repiglican M.O. Consistant amount of racism, coming directly from the right, non stop, and particularly from the so called Tea Partiers.

I think much of it is their embarrassment after eight years of Bushisms, that proved his gross ignorance, and lack of class, only to be followed by a brilliant President, half black, very classy, who can speak with informed intelligence about anything, and everything. Really hits their Bubba buttons where it hurts.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>
This is, BTW the same woman who has been caught sending other racist e-mails, rememmber the one with the watermellons on the White HOuse Lawn??? Yep, same racist woman!

She should be forced to resign! Instead, she refuses to even make an apology!!!

She's a disgrace to our country!</span>

G.

pooltchr
04-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Do you wear horse blinders?

Steve

wolfdancer
04-18-2011, 02:48 PM
does one need to wear horse blinders to see that that racist cartoon, is not a racist cartoon?
It was in very bad taste, even if it was intended as
a sick joke (sic)
It even reminded me of the terrible depiction of our last President George (what's his name)?, as a Chimp
But that was a bad? joke about respective intellects, while this one is mocking of one's racial heritage.

pooltchr
04-18-2011, 03:15 PM
I love how you can justify one, and pretend to be outraged at the other.

Steve

wolfdancer
04-18-2011, 03:30 PM
both were in extremely poor taste...I merely pointed out the differences. It's one thing to knock one's intellect, as you must be painfully aware of; another to mock one's race.
I do see one as worse then the other.
It's a waste of one's time replying to you, as your whole argument seems to be how much smarter you are then the average bear. (While I fail to see that from your postings).....but,WHO really cares?
This is a discussion board, not some IQ dick measuring contest.
You can voice your dissent about another members opinion, without having to assert your alleged mental superiority. My I.Q. is not dependent on yours...

LWW
04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
If you see one as more racist than another then you must believe a black man is closer genetically to a chimp than a white man is.

Are you sure that's the position you want to take?

LWW
04-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Then why didn't they depict him as Beetle Bailey or Gilligan?

Obviously a chimp was chosen ... and often.

pooltchr
04-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Once again, you bring up this whole IQ thing as if it is some kind of contest.

I suspect it is your own insecurity in this area that causes you to keep bringing it up.

Reading many of your posts, I would guess your insecurity is completely justified.

Steve

wolfdancer
04-18-2011, 06:14 PM
So noted, but your observations are "tainted" and you are not qualified, in the least, to make such a judgment.
It's an old trick, and one that I have forgotten the name of, but it works like this:
First one makes an unsubstantiated claim about another, and then they act upon that claim, as if it was proven.

pooltchr
04-18-2011, 06:32 PM
If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Steve

ugotda7
04-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Here, since words seem to confuse you:

http://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy...3A+racist&pbx=1 (http://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=define%3A+racist&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=define%3A+racist&pbx=1)

You're welcome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republican Tea Partiers just can't seem to get enough of those Obama/black people/chimpanzee jokes

Q </div></div>

JohnnyD
04-18-2011, 09:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">both were in extremely poor taste...I merely pointed out the differences. It's one thing to knock one's intellect, as you must be painfully aware of; another to mock one's race.
I do see one as worse then the other.
It's a waste of one's time replying to you, as your whole argument seems to be how much smarter you are then the average bear. (While I fail to see that from your postings).....but,WHO really cares?
This is a discussion board, not some IQ dick measuring contest.
You can voice your dissent about another members opinion, without having to assert your alleged mental superiority. My I.Q. is not dependent on yours... </div></div>
There you go again about your high iq.LOL.If you could only comprehend what an ass you have made of yourself.
Loser.
To admit what you did!What an ass.But you have a HIGH iq.LOL.

JohnnyD
04-18-2011, 09:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So noted, but your observations are "tainted" and you are not qualified, in the least, to make such a judgment.
It's an old trick, and one that I have forgotten the name of, but it works like this:
First one makes an unsubstantiated claim about another, and then they act upon that claim, as if it was proven.
</div></div>You and your high iq.Your sisters were right.

JohnnyD
04-18-2011, 09:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Qtec] <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republican Tea Partiers just can't seem to get enough of those Obama/black people/chimpanzee jokes

Q </div></div>

LMAO! And she says she's not a racist????

BWA HA HA HA...seems like there is never any connection between reality, and a Tea Party racist!

All one must do to witness the racism of the Tea Partiers, is just simply attend one of their little parties, and view the signage, and it is ALWAYS, as racist as it gets.

This womann is an obvious racist, yet she refuses to resign.

Interesting, Repiglicans are so good at demanding resignations, but catch them right in the middle of anything from frequenting prostitutes, to a disgusting display of extreme racism, and they just deny it, refuse to aplogize, refuse to resign, and in the midst of the scandal, they are giving standing ovations to offenders, one in particular I recall, in their party, caught going to the D.C. Madam, Vitter.

Jump, jump, jump the shark! That's the Repiglican M.O. Consistant amount of racism, coming directly from the right, non stop, and particularly from the so called Tea Partiers.

I think much of it is their embarrassment after eight years of Bushisms, that proved his gross ignorance, and lack of class, only to be followed by a brilliant President, half black, very classy, who can speak with informed intelligence about anything, and everything. Really hits their Bubba buttons where it hurts.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>
This is, BTW the same woman who has been caught sending other racist e-mails, rememmber the one with the watermellons on the White HOuse Lawn??? Yep, same racist woman!

She should be forced to resign! Instead, she refuses to even make an apology!!!

She's a disgrace to our country!</span>

G.
[/quote
Business on the street must be slow.
STAY AWAY FROM CHILDREN.

Qtec
04-19-2011, 01:03 AM
That's not racist, its funny.

Q

Qtec
04-19-2011, 01:04 AM
just tell me what's funny about that pic. What's the joke?

Q

JohnnyD
04-19-2011, 02:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just tell me what's funny about that pic. What's the joke?

Q </div></div>It is his documented family history.The truth will set you free.

Stretch
04-19-2011, 03:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just tell me what's funny about that pic. What's the joke?

Q </div></div>It is his documented family history.The truth will set you free. </div></div>

Would the same be true for you? St.

LWW
04-19-2011, 04:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's not racist, its funny.

Q </div></div>

The only way for one to believe it's racist one way and not the other is for one to believe that it's actually true.

If your core belief is that a black is closer to an ape than a white, then you will find the photo to be racist and you will be uncomfortable with the image because it is exposing your core belief ... which is a demon you'd rather not face.

OTOH ... if one is educated one would realize that Obama's parents, your parents, and my parents were all apes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Hominidae (pronounced /hɒˈmɪnɨdiː/; anglicized hominids, also known as great apes[notes 1]), as the term is used here, form a taxonomic family, including four extant genera: chimpanzees, gorillas, humans, and orangutans.</div></div>

OH MY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_ape)