PDA

View Full Version : More Horrible Results Cheney's HalliburtonLoophole

Gayle in MD
04-17-2011, 11:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 'Fracking' Report: Carcinogens Injected Into Wells, House Democrats Say

WASHINGTON -- Millions of gallons of potentially hazardous chemicals and known carcinogens were injected into wells by leading oil and gas service companies from 2005-2009, a report by three House Democrats said Saturday.

The report said 29 of the chemicals injected were known-or-suspected human carcinogens. They either were regulated under the Safe Drinking Water Act as risks to human health or listed as hazardous air pollutants under the Clean Air Act.

Methanol was the most widely used chemical. The substance is a hazardous air pollutant and is on the candidate list for potential regulation under the Safe Drinking Water Act.

The report was issued by Reps. Henry Waxman of California, Edward Markey of Massachusetts and Diana DeGette of Colorado.

The chemicals are injected during hydraulic fracturing, a process used in combination with horizontal drilling to allow access to natural gas reserves previously considered uneconomical.

The growing use of hydraulic fracturing has allowed natural gas production in the United States to reach levels not achieved since the early 1970s.

However, the process requires large quantities of water and fluids, injected underground at high volumes and pressure. The composition of these fluids ranges from a simple mixture of water and sand to more complex mixtures with chemical additives.

The report said that from 2005-2009, the following states had at least 100,000 gallons of hydraulic fracturing fluids containing a carcinogen: Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Wyoming, North Dakota, New Mexico, Montana and Utah.

States with 100,000 gallons or more of fluids containing a regulated chemical under the Safe Drinking Water Act were: Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, Mississippi and North Dakota.

The report said many chemical components were listed as "proprietary" or "trade secret."

"Hydraulic fracturing has opened access to vast domestic reserves of natural gas that could provide an important stepping stone to a clean energy future," the report said.

"Yet, questions about the safety of hydraulic fracturing persist, which are compounded by the secrecy surrounding the chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing fluids. This analysis is the most comprehensive national assessment to date of the types and volumes of chemical used in the hydraulic fracturing process."

The investigation of chemicals used in fracturing was started in the last Congress by the House Energy and Commerce Committee, which then was controlled by Democrats. The committee asked the 14 leading oil and gas service companies to disclose the types and volumes of the hydraulic fracturing products they used between 2005 and 2009 and the chemical contents of those products

_____
</div></div>

<span style="color: #660000">Devastating results from George Bush and Dick Cheney's "Without Conscience" Halliburton Loophole.

What good is cheaper fuel, if we're all going to be poisoned by carcinogens from filthy air and water, giving us cancer?

Pure Insanity, of failed Repiglican policies.

PIGS!

Yes, that's the appropriate word, when politicians and CEO's, poison the air and water, knowing they are going to give the public cancer by doing so.

Absolutely disgusting! There is no telling how many lives have already been ruined, by the Bush Administration, and their Grand Oil Party!

G.
</span>

pooltchr
04-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Just for Gayle.

http://loonybincomedy.com/

Steve

wolfdancer
04-17-2011, 12:37 PM
That...is supposed to strike down her post about carcinogins? You probably thought
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At Camp Lejeune, the public well system was contaminated with a variety of chemicals - including benzene, trichloroethylene, tetrachloroethylene and vinyl chloride - from the mid-1950s to the mid-1980s, when wells were shuttered by the military.

More than 60 men who are Marine veterans or family members of Marines have been diagnosed with male breast cancer. The local community also has reported a strong incidence of birth defects.

"This cluster is an extremely important one," Solomon said. "I've practiced medicine for 20 years, and I've never seen a case of male breast cancer; it's an extremely rare disease. There's something going on there."

In Bynum, a small community in Chatham County, scientists at Johns Hopkins University found a "disproportionately high death rate due to cancer associated with organic contaminants in their drinking water," according to the NRDC report.

The report said that from 1947 to 1976, about two-thirds of the residents drank untreated water from the Haw River. The community sits downstream from several industrial and agricultural contamination sources.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/03/29/2180229/testimony-to-put-spotlight-on.html#ixzz1Jo5sdQpj
</div></div>

pooltchr
04-17-2011, 12:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The report said that from 1947 to 1976, about two-thirds of the residents drank untreated water from the Haw River. </div></div>

I will not argue that this activity could very well cause some health problems. Drinking untreated river water can't be good for anyone.

Note that the report also stated there were "Organic" pollutants found in the water. Are you familiar with the term? It usually means those things occuring in nature. This is why we usually treat our drinking water.

Steve

Gayle in MD
04-17-2011, 12:53 PM
The RW's list of denied facts is rather long. I've probably written thousands of posts of documented proof, to blow away their mythology.

They will deny even science, and do so eagerly, since that is what they've been TRAINED to do. You know how that goes, right? Whistle/dog/ whistle/dog.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Funny thing is they think they're getting a pay off from the REpigs, for voting for them. They think they're saving a few tax bucks, annd keeping a few bucks away from one of the manny groups, they hate.

Problem with that is, they never factor in how many of the people they love, are going to die, because of Repiglican policies, nor how bad the economy will get, becausee of Repiglican Policies.

But, oh well, we have to give them a wide birth, since number one, most of them are fat, and number two, they do live in the fly-over states, which, according to some of my recent documentation, means most of them are also fairly dumb, as if evidenced by their posts.

BTW, how does one climb the corporate ladder, while driving a Fed-X truck?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
04-17-2011, 12:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

But, oh well, we have to give them a wide birth, since number one, most of them are fat, and number two, they do live in the fly-over states, which, according to some of my recent documentation, means most of them are also fairly dumb, as if evidenced by their posts.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

What an elitist snob you are!!! You think, because you live where you do that makes you smarter than others? I used to live in Maryland, but was smart enough to get the heck out of there!

And who said I drove a truck? While that is where I started (a great way to learn any business is to start at the bottom and work your way up), when I left, I was in management, and making a pretty nice 6 figure income.

Bite me!

Steve

wolfdancer
04-17-2011, 01:35 PM
if "organic" white washes the report for you....that's just dandy. I'd suggest then, that you don't visit the local Children's Cancer center there, and try to sell that theory to the parents.
I used to play golf in Fallon, Nev....the site of ammo dumps; my friend a retired Navy "boats" worked as a security guard on the base. That there were children's leukemia clusters there, is well documented.....but, probably just a coincidence,in your "insider's take". I take all your posts into considerationg, considering them to be for the most part, uninformative, with no supporting documentation, unnecessarily both confrontational, and insulting. Which is why I find it illogical that you can get others here suspended , for their responses to your insults.

pooltchr
04-17-2011, 02:01 PM
fine. Why don't you just leave them alone? You seem to have some obsession with commenting on every post I make, or even throwing out your little jabs even if you aren't directly commenting on my posts.

If you find me to be of such little value, how is it I can rate so much of your time and effort to respond?

Steve

wolfdancer
04-17-2011, 02:18 PM
I'd say it was you that was trying to put down/discredit every post that I make. I am only responding to the Bubba BS.
I asked you to ignore my posts awhile back, but you elected instead to keep on shadowing each and every post of mine, in some misguided attempt to draw attention to your posts.
So I'll make the same offer to you again....try for your "rep points" somewhere else....stop trolling my posts...and I'll
place you on permanent ignore.......your move

LWW
04-18-2011, 02:54 AM
So why did the democrooks in congress overwhelmingly vote in favor of the fracking bill?

LWW
04-18-2011, 03:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

But, oh well, we have to give them a wide <span style='font-size: 11pt'>birth</span>, since number one, most of them are fat, and number two, they do live in the fly-over states, which, according to some of my recent documentation, means most of them are also fairly dumb, as if evidenced by their posts.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

What an elitist snob you are!!! You think, because you live where you do that makes you smarter than others?

Steve </div></div>

Especially from someone lacking in English skills to spell "BERTH" correctly.

Everyone can't be smart, but people like Gee ... barely literate ... who haughtily claim to be of superior intellect are people I find especially distastefule.

As to the "BITE ME" comment ... please don'e descend into the gutter of hate with the cabal.

Her entire post which you responded to was crafted solely to start a sliming event.

You are a better man than they.

Gayle in MD
04-18-2011, 08:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd say it was you that was trying to put down/discredit every post that I make. I am only responding to the Bubba BS.
I asked you to ignore my posts awhile back, but you elected instead to keep on shadowing each and every post of mine, in some misguided attempt to draw attention to your posts.
So I'll make the same offer to you again....try for your "rep points" somewhere else....stop trolling my posts...and I'll
place you on permanent ignore.......your move </div></div>

Hey, if LWW, Steve, Sev, UGO, Bob Roberts, the usual suspects, could control their addictions to our posts, and go their own way, IOW, stop the continuous stalking, condescending attacks, the forum would surely improve.

Personally, I don't read their BS....it's a waste of time.

The totally dishonest thread titles, are bad enough. It's all BS propaganda and RW denial.

Same ol' same ol', straight from their party teat!

G.

pooltchr
04-18-2011, 09:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Hey, if LWW, Steve, Sev, UGO, Bob Roberts, the usual suspects, could control their addictions to our posts, and go their own way, IOW, stop the continuous stalking, condescending attacks, the forum would surely improve.

G. </div></div>

Hey Gayle...what ever happened to your promise?

"I do add to the negativity...

Now, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>in the future, I am not going to write anything at all about them</span>, on those occasions, when one of my friends here, highlights their nastiness, and their failure to address the subject, at hand, and instead, reduce a thread to nothing more than juvenile attacks. I will not refer to any of them, in any way, at all, going forward.

G."

Steve

wolfdancer
04-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Not sure about the corporate ladder at FedEx, but I gave up driving, and moved into the office also. In a short time I went from Dispatcher, to Head Dispatcher, to Ass't Operations Manager.
Each title sounded more prestigious, had a little more responsibility, etc., with little more pay.... Someone once asked me what does an ass't Operations Manager do....and I told them....basically,he dispatches. I also ended up working 60 hr weeks on salary, with no overtime. I finally got fedexed, er, fed up....resigned on the spot and walked one block over and got hired as a driver, only to later on be "rewarded" once again, with a promotion/demotion? to another ass't ops manager again. I quit that, and went into the more saner job (I thought) of working at a pool hall. They made the mistake of offering me the ass't managers job; I made the mistake of accepting it. It was a pretty good room, 43 tables, in a very bad neighborhood. I once read that the first 3 secrets to a successful business are "location, location, location"...and they could not have picked a worse place to open a pool room. They didn't open it per se, but bought it from the widow of the previous owner. The bullet holes in the wall above where the cashier worked, and the rats running around the kitchen, should have been a warning, but...
How does all this connect with Cheney? With the "boosters" (shoplifters) that we had working the room, if you hung around long enough, everything was for sale (just like in the Republican party) One poor guy was even murdered. He had won the lotto, $10k, and had bragged about it in the room.

pooltchr
04-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Put away the gin bottle, woofie. You're rambling.

Steve

LWW
04-18-2011, 03:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G. </div></div>

Now, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>in the future, I am not going to write anything at all about them</span>, on those occasions, when one of my friends here, highlights their nastiness, and their failure to address the subject, at hand, and instead, reduce a thread to nothing more than juvenile attacks. I will not refer to any of them, in any way, at all, going forward.

G."

Steve
</div></div>

And why is she trying to use totalitarian rules in the forum?

LWW
04-18-2011, 03:57 PM
So, where did you dispatch these heads to?

Gayle in MD
04-18-2011, 04:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure about the corporate ladder at FedEx, but I gave up driving, and moved into the office also. In a short time I went from Dispatcher, to Head Dispatcher, to Ass't Operations Manager.
Each title sounded more prestigious, had a little more responsibility, etc., with little more pay.... Someone once asked me what does an ass't Operations Manager do....and I told them....basically,he dispatches. I also ended up working 60 hr weeks on salary, with no overtime. I finally got fedexed, er, fed up....resigned on the spot and walked one block over and got hired as a driver, only to later on be "rewarded" once again, with a promotion/demotion? to another ass't ops manager again. I quit that, and went into the more saner job (I thought) of working at a pool hall. They made the mistake of offering me the ass't managers job; I made the mistake of accepting it. It was a pretty good room, 43 tables, in a very bad neighborhood. I once read that the first 3 secrets to a successful business are "location, location, location"...and they could not have picked a worse place to open a pool room. They didn't open it per se, but bought it from the widow of the previous owner. The bullet holes in the wall above where the cashier worked, and the rats running around the kitchen, should have been a warning, but...
How does all this connect with Cheney? With the "boosters" (shoplifters) that we had working the room, if you hung around long enough, everything was for sale (just like in the Republican party) One poor guy was even murdered. He had won the lotto, $10k, and had bragged about it in the room.
</div></div>

LOL, another funny story told as only you can tell them.

Back to the Halliburton Loophole, I'd rather discuss that, than discuss loopies.

I'd really like to know how many innocent Americans living here in our country, have been murdered, by the corporate polluters.

I can assure you, there have been many, and there will be many more to suffer and die, of cancer, still birth, and other illnesses, all because the Grand Oil Party, had Bush and cheney in the White House, and Cheney, obviously with Bush's agreement, created the Halliburton Loophole, in secret, behind closed doors.

The result is that the corporations practicing Fracking, were given the OK, by Cheney, to refuse to reveal what they are poisoning our water and air with, in the Fracking process.

Given there is no doubt that the medical soceity has proven the links between toxic chemicals, and cancer, and also to learning disabilities, and a whole range of other human illnesses, including alarmingly high and rising rates of learning disabilities, and mental diseases affecting our kids, which are also linked to our chemical loaden environment, I find it amazing the complete lack of concern about proven studies by bloggers from the right, and of course, always, the stance of Republicans is to prevent regulations which protect all of us from such dreaded diseases, rather than go against the pigish practices of the corporate polluters, and the Grand Oil Party.

Instead of concern, their goal is to do away with the Environmental Protection Agency, which, BTW, just last week, shut down as many as eighteen toxic boilers, in North Carolina and, I believe the other state was Georgia!!!!

How can such people claim to be Christians, while they are destroying the earth and its inhabitants, with toxins???

G.

ugotda7
04-18-2011, 06:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd say it was you that was trying to put down/discredit every post that I make. I am only responding to the Bubba BS.

The totally dishonest thread titles, are bad enough. It's all BS propaganda and RW denial.

G. </div></div>

TOTAL IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a joke.

PO......................?

wolfdancer
04-18-2011, 06:06 PM
"totalitarian"
is that a new word that you have learned? I've seen you use is a few times now.....and it really does not apply; not even when used against the Republican party. But, that is just my thoughts on the subject.

JohnnyD
04-18-2011, 09:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Personally, I don't read their BS....it's a waste of time

G. </div></div>

G."

Steve
</div></div>

And why is she trying to use totalitarian rules in the forum? </div></div>
Excellent post.

JohnnyD
04-18-2011, 09:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd say it was you that was trying to put down/discredit every post that I make. I am only responding to the Bubba BS.

G. </div></div>
Your another that i would not trust around children.

JohnnyD
04-18-2011, 09:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure about the corporate ladder at FedEx, but I gave up driving, and moved into the office also. In a short time I went from Dispatcher, to Head Dispatcher, to Ass't Operations Manager.
</div></div>Way off topic cyberstaling again.No one cares about you.We all know you are a total failure.So why even post about you getting fired from jobs.You have made a complete and distinct ass out of yourself.That post about your sisters was uncalled for.What an ass to admit that.Look in the mirror and meet a loser.
STAY AWAY FROM CHILDREN.

wolfdancer
04-18-2011, 10:20 PM
my sisters are fine upstanding people....it was two of your crowds biggest jerks here that wrote that crap about them, and then hastily deleted the post.
Why don't you drop the act larry?

JohnnyD
04-18-2011, 10:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my sisters are fine upstanding people....it was two of your crowds biggest jerks here that wrote that crap about them, and then hastily deleted the post.
Why don't you drop the act larry? </div></div>
Hi gail.
You are your family's failure.
Row house wannabe.
High iq!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

wolfdancer
04-18-2011, 10:28 PM
who cares who you wouldn't trust around children? That reads like the Fox wanting to guard the hen house.Hopefully you don't have any, and that you don't live close to a school yard.

JohnnyD
04-18-2011, 10:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who cares who you wouldn't trust around children? That reads like the Fox wanting to guard the hen house.Hopefully you don't have any, and that you don't live close to a school yard.
</div></div>After what you post you should not be around them.Your a loser.
Accept that your a loser.
You already admitted certain things.
The truth will set you free.

JohnnyD
04-18-2011, 10:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who cares who you wouldn't trust around children? That reads like the Fox wanting to guard the hen house.Hopefully you don't have any, and that you don't live close to a school yard.
</div></div>
Another cyberstalking crap quanity post.

JohnnyD
04-18-2011, 10:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my sisters are fine upstanding people....it was two of your crowds biggest jerks here that wrote that crap about them, and then hastily deleted the post.
LIAR,IT WAS YOU.

LWW
04-20-2011, 05:05 AM

Then why don't you post these quotes?

wolfdancer
04-20-2011, 05:23 AM
what part of deleted, don't you understand?

LWW
04-20-2011, 06:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what part of deleted, don't you understand? </div></div>

So ... the only evidence we have is the testimony of a serial deceiver?

LWW
04-20-2011, 06:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what part of deleted, don't you understand? </div></div>

Then how about posting the quotes of these "SCOPING" incidents?