PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Senior Moment

Sid_Vicious
04-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Awesome Senior Moment

Here's a quote from a government employee who witnessed a recent inter-action between an elderly woman and an antiwar protester in a Metro station in DC.

"There were protesters on the train platform handing out pamphlets, on the evils of America. I politely declined to take one."

"The elderly woman was behind me getting off the escalator and a young (20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined. The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice the young lady said, "Lady, don't you care about the children of Iraq ?"

The old woman looked up at her and said, "Honey, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea , and a son in Vietnam . All three died so you could have the right to stand here and badmouth our country. If you touch me again,
I'll stick this umbrella up your a$$ and open it."

~God Bless America ~

Gayle in MD
04-20-2011, 10:38 AM
LOL, love it!

Amazing how many people are rude enough to invade another person's private space, isn't it?

Bad idea! The eldeerly lady was right on the money!

wolfdancer
04-20-2011, 11:13 AM
lol .....great story.
It reminds me of my p.t. roommate from years back, who was in the John Birch society, and was passing out fliers, when she had a similar encounter with a young lady.
After reading all the JBS literature over the years we shared that apt. the "birthers" here, come in a distant second with their conspiracy theories

Gayle in MD
04-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Reminds me of the Bible thumpers, who come banging on the door, invading your peace, and space, because they are so insecure about their own beliefs, they out there canvassing for some agreement!

I usually run for the movie camera, and activate the automatic, in ground water sprinkling system, lol. Makes for some hilarious movies.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
04-20-2011, 11:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reminds me of the Bible thumpers, who come banging on the door, invading your peace, and space, because they are so insecure about their own beliefs, they out there canvassing for some agreement!

I usually run for the movie camera, and activate the automatic, in ground water sprinkling system, lol. Makes for some hilarious movies.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

What fuels such cruelty?

pooltchr
04-20-2011, 11:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What fuels such cruelty? </div></div>

Overwhelming hatred and bitterness.

Steve

wolfdancer
04-20-2011, 12:08 PM
I doubt that you "really" do, but it makes for an interesting mental picture.
I can't tell you how many times I have been "saved" by the good folks that go around proselytizing......
I admire them for having such convictions, while I still have some doubts. Some of their stories, sound like folks testifying at the "addiction" meetings....first they hit "bottom" and now they are preaching to others. I'm not about to give up my own
Bombay Blue gin, just because they can't handle their own alcoholic intake. I've always known when I've had enough to drink...I usually pass out.

LWW
04-20-2011, 12:09 PM
I guess.

I find the JW's annoying myself, but I would never resort to even mild violence such as Gee advocates.

I even gave the Obamatron some time during the 2008 election cycle ... if her supervisor hadn't called to find out why she was so long on one porch, I think I had her at least half way back to consciousness.

Stretch
04-20-2011, 12:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>I think I had her at least half way back to consciousness. </div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

Sounds like another one of your dates. St.

Sid_Vicious
04-20-2011, 12:41 PM
That's good! I read somewhere about what to do with the junk mail you get all the time with super offers, including CC applications. Take the postage paid envelopes you get in some, and stuff then with these relentlessly sent, unasked-for junk mail, and put them back in the mail box. Satisfaction!

I'd love to see videos like that Gayle. sid

Gayle in MD
04-21-2011, 05:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's good! I read somewhere about what to do with the junk mail you get all the time with super offers, including CC applications. Take the postage paid envelopes you get in some, and stuff then with these relentlessly sent, unasked-for junk mail, and put them back in the mail box. Satisfaction!

I'd love to see videos like that Gayle. sid </div></div>

LOL, well, as you can see, wolfdancer knows me too well, I don't really do that, but I always THINK about doing it, lol. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Good idea though, about the junk mail! I'll have to remember that one. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

G.

wolfdancer
04-21-2011, 10:38 AM
That has to be one of the best "come backers" I've read in a long time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
It reminded me of some old jokes, most of them unprintable here, on a Christian site. One that isn't so bad?....a guy was doing pushups on the beach, in the sand. A drunk walks by and says:
"Hey, Buddy, you are wasting your time; your girl has left."