PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Approval Rating Plummeting.

Sev
04-21-2011, 07:04 AM
The article does not take in to account the possible backlash from the S&P downgrade. The polling at the bottom of the article on taxes as well as medicare and medicaid makes things interesting.
However $5.00+ gas prices will sink him if it occurs nation wide.

<span style="color: #000000">Obama's approval ratings drop after launching 2012 bid
By Sam Youngman - 04/21/11 06:00 AM ET

High gas prices and continued anxiety about the economy have taken their toll on President Obama’s approval ratings, which have dropped consistently since the president announced he is running for a second term.

Since Obama announced on April 4 with a low-key email and video address to supporters, the president's numbers have gone down in every poll conducted during that period.

Pollsters attribute the president’s dropping poll numbers to the rise of gasoline prices, which historically have taken a toll on the popularity of the White House.

Last Friday, a Gallup survey showed the president's numbers at 41 percent, a tie for the lowest point in his administration. At the time Obama announced his reelection plans, the president clocked in at about 49 percent approval.

But in the weeks that followed, which included a near shutdown of the federal government, more unrest in the Middle East and a sharply partisan speech about spending, Obama’s numbers have dropped to the mid and low 40s, according to different polls.

Gas prices are traveling in the opposite direction. The average national price of a gallon of gas on Wednesday was $3.83, according to AAA’s Daily Fuel Gauge Report. On April 4, when Obama announced his reelection effort, the average price was $3.69.

Prices also rose steadily in March, from an average of $3.47 for the week of March 7 to $3.53 for the week of March 28, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Gallup currently has Obama’s rating at 42 percent, compared with the RealClearPolitics average of polls that puts Obama’s approval at about 45 percent.

White House officials said this week they are not concerned about short-term polls when the president is focused on long-term solutions to big problems.

Obama is appearing across the country this week to highlight his vision for how to reduce the nation’s budget deficit. He is contrasting his plans sharply with House Republicans, who would impose significant changes to Medicare and Medicaid.

The White House believes the issue is a political winner that could help Obama in the fight with the GOP over raising the nation’s debt ceiling, which Republicans insist should be accompanied by restrictions on future spending.

New polling from the Washington Post and ABCNews indicates that voters are not souring on Obama’s attempts to draw a contrast between his budget plans and GOP plans.

According to that poll, even though 58 percent disapprove of the way Obama is handling the federal debt, 64 percent disapprove of House Republicans’ handling of the issue.

In what is likely good news to the White House, 78 percent of respondents said they oppose cutting benefits or tinkering with Medicare, the part of Rep. Paul Ryan's budget plan Obama seized on last week.

And in even better news for Obama, 72 percent support raising taxes on the wealthy, another central debate between Obama and Republicans.

</span>

jimmyg
04-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Pardon me if I'm being silly, but how can anyone give their approval to a totally inept liar and failure?

J

pooltchr
04-21-2011, 12:55 PM
You would have to ask Gee and Woofie.

Steve

wolfdancer
04-21-2011, 01:56 PM
last I checked this totally inept liar and failure was POTUS.

pooltchr
04-21-2011, 02:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">last I checked this totally inept liar and failure was POTUS.

</div></div>

And you have finally seen the light!!!!!

Steve

LWW
04-21-2011, 02:16 PM
It is these brief flickers of lucidity that has kept me from giving up on woofie.

Sev
04-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Indeed.

wolfdancer
04-21-2011, 02:36 PM
sorry then, that it not a reciprocal undertaking....I gave up on you a long time ago. But, giving credit where credit is due... you have replaced Fox News, as an information resource, for a chosen few here....I see 2 or 3 that salivate/drool, over your posts.
It's always nice to know one's "work" is appreciated.

LWW
04-22-2011, 02:13 AM
Sadly, his recidivism rate is 100%.

Qtec
04-22-2011, 02:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to that poll, even though 58 percent disapprove of the way Obama is handling the federal debt, <u>64 percent disapprove of House Republicans’ handling of the issue.</u>

In what is likely good news to the White House, <u>78 percent of respondents said they oppose cutting benefits or tinkering with Medicare, the part of Rep. Paul Ryan's budget plan Obama seized on last week.</u>

And in even better news for Obama, <u>72 percent support raising taxes on the wealthy, another central debate between Obama and Republicans.</u> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GOP group launches<span style='font-size: 14pt'> listening tour </span></div></div> link (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-05-03-gop-tour_N.htm)

Seems like they are not listening anymore.

Q

LWW
04-22-2011, 02:56 AM
Do you really believe the regime wants to raise taxes on the wealthy?

Are you seriously that foolish?

Or, is dear leader saying so sufficient to qualify as "PROOF" in your myopic fantasy world?

Qtec
04-22-2011, 03:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you really believe the regime wants to raise taxes on the wealthy?

Are you seriously that foolish?

Or, is dear leader saying so sufficient to qualify as "PROOF" in your myopic fantasy world? </div></div>

As I recall, Obama was against tax cuts for the rich.

link (http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/09/09/us-obama-taxes-idUSTRE68829O20100909)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama firm against tax cuts for rich.

...John Boehner, the Republican leader in the House of Representatives, called on Wednesday for a two-year freeze on all current U.S. tax rates, which would cover the middle-class as well as the rich.

Obama has made clear that he would not support such a blanket freeze but says his administration is ready to extend tax cuts for families making less than $250,000 a year. </div></div>

..and we all know how that turned out. The GOP held the 95% hostage to get their tax cuts for the rich.

These are facts.

Q......once again you have avoided the topic, don't think I and all who read this thread don't see it.

LWW
08-18-2011, 04:29 AM
TIME FOR AN UPDATE SNOOPY:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New Jersey Gov. Christopher Christie stops his slide and flattens out with <span style='font-size: 11pt'>a 47 - 46 percent job approval rating from New Jersey voters</span>, his best score in four months, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today. But women voters still disapprove by big margins.

This compares to a negative 44 - 47 percent score in a June 21 survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University. In today's survey, <span style='font-size: 11pt'>approval is 84 - 12 percent among Republicans and 53 - 39 percent among independent voters.</span> Democrats disapprove 76 - 17 percent. ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>By a 50 - 35 percent margin, New Jersey voters like Gov. Christie</span> as a person. ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>New Jersey voters say 39 - 31 percent that Christie is a better cost-cutter and budget- balancer than Cuomo</span> ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>President Barack Obama is headed in the wrong direction as New Jersey voters disapprove 52 - 44 percent of the job he is doing, down</span> ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>New Jersey voters say 49 - 45 percent that Obama does not deserve to be reelected</span> ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>From August 9 - 15, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,624 registered voters</span> with a margin of error of +/- 2.4 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones.

The Quinnipiac University Poll, directed by Douglas Schwartz, Ph.D., conducts public opinion surveys in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Ohio, Virginia and the nation as a public service and for research. For more data or RSS feed- http://www.quinnipiac.edu/polling.xml, call (203) 582-5201, or follow us on Twitter. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>CHRISTIE POLLS SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER THAN OBAMA IN A STATE WHERE THE LEFT SWEARS CHRISTIE IS HATED AND THAT HAS LONG BEEN A FORTRESS OF LEFTIST POLITICS! (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1299.xml?ReleaseID=1637)</span>

Qtec
08-18-2011, 05:20 AM
Nothing to say on the topic then?

No surprise.

Q

Qtec
08-18-2011, 05:22 AM
BTW, your links are going further and further away from main stream, heading towards flakey.

Q

LWW
08-18-2011, 05:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing to say on the topic then?

No surprise.

Q </div></div>

The topic was Obama's falling numbers.

I was on topic.

I realize that because I am an intelligent man.

You, clearly, are not.

LWW
08-18-2011, 05:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, your links are going further and further away from main stream, heading towards flakey.

Q </div></div>

Quinnipiac University is a flakey poll?

That's simply precious ... especially being that for 8 years it was one of the gold standard polls for the left when it showed low Bush ratings.

Qtec
08-18-2011, 06:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, your links are going further and further away from main stream, heading towards flakey.

Q </div></div>

That's simply precious ... especially being that for 8 years it was one of the gold standard polls for the left when it showed low Bush ratings. </div></div>

No CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc etc ?

Grasping at straws. You searched the web and the bet you could come up with was Quinnipiac ???????

Q

Sev
08-18-2011, 06:18 AM
<span style="color: #000000"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>Obama Approval on Economy Plummets to 26 Percent in Gallup Poll, A New Low!!!
</span>
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/...-a-new-low.html (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/08/obama-approval-on-economy-plummets-to-26-percent-in-gallup-poll-a-new-low.html)
ABC News’ Devin Dwyer (@devindwyer) reports: President Obama’s approval rating on the economy has plummeted 11 points since May to a new low for his presidency, according to a new Gallup survey.

Just 26 percent of Americans now think Obama is doing a good job handling the economy, down from 37 percent in mid-May – a sharp decline from the past 18 months when the number had hovered between 35-39 percent.

The poll, which was conducted Aug. 11-14, found 71 percent disapprove of the president’s handling of the economy, a new high. The margin of error is plus or minus 4 percentage points.

The figures underscore the challenges facing Obama following a bruising political battle over the debt ceiling, first downgrade of the U.S. credit rating, wild swings on Wall Street and persistent unemployment above 9 percent.

When asked about what disillusionment over the economy might mean for his chances of a second term, Obama told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer in an interview Tuesday that he’s going to appeal to the American people for patience – and enlist their help in urging Congress to act.

“When I came into office, I knew I was going to have a big mess to clean up and, frankly, the mess has been bigger than I think a lot of people anticipated at the time,” Obama said. “We have made steady progress on these fronts, but we're not making progress fast enough.”

“Ultimately, the buck stops with me. I'm going to be accountable,” he said. “I think people understand that a lot of these problems were decades in the making. People understand that this financial crisis was the worst since the Great Depression. But, ultimately, they say, look, he's the president, we think he has good intentions, but we're impatient and we want to see things move faster.

“I understand that, I'm sympathetic to it and we're going to just keep on putting forward ideas that are going to be good for the country. We're going to need a partner from Congress, and we're going to need folks to move off some of these rigid positions they've been taking in order to solve these problems.”

The president has said he plans to roll out a new, “specific” plan to grow jobs and the economy shortly after Labor Day when Congress returns to Washington.

His overall approval rating, according to the most recent Gallup daily tracking poll, stands at 39 percent. </span>

Qtec
08-18-2011, 06:22 AM
Its plummeting because he is behaving like a GOPer.

Q

Soflasnapper
08-18-2011, 08:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TIME FOR AN UPDATE SNOOPY:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New Jersey Gov. Christopher Christie stops his slide and flattens out with <span style='font-size: 11pt'>a 47 - 46 percent job approval rating from New Jersey voters</span>, his best score in four months, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today. But women voters still disapprove by big margins.

This compares to a negative 44 - 47 percent score in a June 21 survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University. In today's survey, <span style='font-size: 11pt'>approval is 84 - 12 percent among Republicans and 53 - 39 percent among independent voters.</span> Democrats disapprove 76 - 17 percent. ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>By a 50 - 35 percent margin, New Jersey voters like Gov. Christie</span> as a person. ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>New Jersey voters say 39 - 31 percent that Christie is a better cost-cutter and budget- balancer than Cuomo</span> ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>President Barack Obama is headed in the wrong direction as New Jersey voters disapprove 52 - 44 percent of the job he is doing, down</span> ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>New Jersey voters say 49 - 45 percent that Obama does not deserve to be reelected</span> ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>From August 9 - 15, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,624 registered voters</span> with a margin of error of +/- 2.4 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones.

The Quinnipiac University Poll, directed by Douglas Schwartz, Ph.D., conducts public opinion surveys in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Ohio, Virginia and the nation as a public service and for research. For more data or RSS feed- http://www.quinnipiac.edu/polling.xml, call (203) 582-5201, or follow us on Twitter. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>CHRISTIE POLLS SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER THAN OBAMA IN A STATE WHERE THE LEFT SWEARS CHRISTIE IS HATED AND THAT HAS LONG BEEN A FORTRESS OF LEFTIST POLITICS! (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1299.xml?ReleaseID=1637)</span> </div></div>

Then why does he lose a head-to-head against Obama, in his own state, if I've heard that correctly?

eg8r
08-18-2011, 09:12 AM
LOL, that is pretty funny.

eg8r

LWW
08-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Where did you hear that?

LWW
08-18-2011, 05:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, your links are going further and further away from main stream, heading towards flakey.

Q </div></div>

That's simply precious ... especially being that for 8 years it was one of the gold standard polls for the left when it showed low Bush ratings. </div></div>

No CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc etc ?

Grasping at straws. You searched the web and the bet you could come up with was Quinnipiac ???????

Q </div></div>

You had no issue with their credibility HERE (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=329745#Post329745) ... HERE (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=358708#Post358708) ... HERE (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=3&Number=345033&Searchpage=1&Main=32885&Words=Quinnipiac+Gayle+in+MD&topic=0&Search=true#Post345033) ... HERE (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=3&Number=356311&Searchpage=1&Main=33740&Words=Quinnipiac+Gayle+in+MD&topic=0&Search=true#Post356311) ... or HERE (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=3&Number=345033&Searchpage=1&Main=32885&Words=Quinnipiac+Gayle+in+MD&topic=0&Search=true#Post345033) HERE (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=3&Number=353302&Searchpage=1&Main=33514&Words=Quinnipiac+Gayle+in+MD&topic=0&Search=true#Post353302) ... why is that?

Soflasnapper
08-19-2011, 06:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did you hear that? </div></div>

I cited two polls elsewhere on the board that say that very thing.

One was PPP, about a month ago now (mid-July).

The other was Rasmussen, in May some time this year.

LWW
08-20-2011, 05:33 AM
I checked my calendar and my watch both just to be sure.

July, 2011 is definitely over.

Sev
08-20-2011, 08:26 PM
71% disapprove of Obama's handling of the economy.

LWW
08-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Didn't you get the memo from snoopy?

The topic isn't Obama's poll numbers ...

Soflasnapper
08-20-2011, 10:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I checked my calendar and my watch both just to be sure.

July, 2011 is definitely over. </div></div>

Correct, Captain Obvious!

As a matter of fact, every poll is reported out for a time period that is definitely over. Having taken place in the past, per se. That this is so is a tautology, given that it is so rare that a poll is reported out the same day it is performed, that it never happens. Excellent grasp of the obvious.

Yet it was only about a month ago that this result took place. During which time Obama was way unpopular, and Christie, you say, is way popular.

Until there is a more current poll, this result is the last poll on that subject.

Do you have a more current poll that shows a different result (or a more current poll that shows the same result)?

Qtec
08-21-2011, 03:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You had no issue with their credibility HERE ... HERE ... HERE ... HERE ... or HERE HERE ... why is that?

Those are all posts from G, not from me.

How do you know I ever read those posts?

Q

LWW
08-21-2011, 03:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You had no issue with their credibility HERE ... HERE ... HERE ... HERE ... or HERE HERE ... why is that?

Q </div></div>

Because you posted multiple times in these threads.

Sev
08-21-2011, 03:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You had no issue with their credibility HERE ... HERE ... HERE ... HERE ... or HERE HERE ... why is that?

Q </div></div>

Because you posted multiple times in these threads. </div></div>

Doesnt prove he is reading though. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

LWW
08-22-2011, 02:13 AM
You've got me there, as he has a history of not reading posts ... simply responding in a slavish support with those of a known ideology.

I apologize that I set the bar far too high for snoopy.

Sev
08-22-2011, 12:11 PM
OH NO!!!
Only 24% approve of Obama's handling of the economy!!!

jimmyg
08-22-2011, 12:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OH NO!!!
Only 24% approve of Obama's handling of the economy!!! </div></div>

And those 24% are the newly added food stamp recipients.

J

Sev
08-22-2011, 03:36 PM
HAHAHAHA.
Could be.

LWW
08-23-2011, 03:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OH NO!!!
Only 24% approve of Obama's handling of the economy!!! </div></div>

And those 24% are the newly added food stamp recipients.

J </div></div>

As long as you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can count on Paul's support.

Sev
08-23-2011, 02:26 PM
OH NO!!!!

Obama Job approval drops to 39%!!!!!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/gall..._medium=twitter (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/gallup-obama-approval-down-38-percent_591310.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Political/Obama20Gallup20August2023.jpg

Qtec
08-23-2011, 04:10 PM
How many times does it have to be explained to you that he is losing support because he is behaving like a Conservative moron.

If he actually introduced some social legislation he would be far more popular.

Q

LWW
08-23-2011, 04:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many times does it have to be explained to you that he is losing support because he is behaving like a Conservative

Q </div></div>

Then surely you can cite some examples?

Sev
08-23-2011, 06:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many times does it have to be explained to you that he is losing support because he is behaving like a Conservative moron.

If he actually introduced some social legislation he would be far more popular.

Q </div></div>

AHHHHHH no.

He may on the outside may be acting like Rhino Republican. However he is no way acting like a libertarian or conservative.

LWW
08-24-2011, 03:37 AM
Snoopy doesn't even know what a conservative is.