PDA

View Full Version : Americans getting too many handouts?

llotter
04-22-2011, 11:04 AM
We are now, for the first time, getting more in handouts from our federal government than we are paying in taxes. About $2.3 trillion in welfare/redistribution/unearned cash received from our masters while only $2.2 trillion being paid.

I just don't know why we have to pay so much! Imagine how fast our economy would grow if those taxes were left in our pockets to spend of all the good things in life.

Sev
04-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Where is your compassion for the slackers of America???

Gayle in MD
04-22-2011, 01:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are now, for the first time, getting more in handouts from our federal government than we are paying in taxes. About $2.3 trillion in welfare/redistribution/unearned cash received from our masters while only $2.2 trillion being paid.

I just don't know why we have to pay so much! Imagine how fast our economy would grow if those taxes were left in our pockets to spend of all the good things in life. </div></div>

Social SEcurity, and Medicare, ARE NOT HANDOUTS!!!

AMERICANS PAY INTO THOSE INSURANCE PROGRAMS THEIR WHOLE WORKING LIVES!...

REpigs want to give even more to the wealthy, at the cost of the rest, right after the wealthy just stole trillions through a massive fraud, in the financial markets, of the nation's wealth.

If you can't see that, it's becaue you are either in denial, plumb stupid, or you simply don't want to consider, the truth, for political purposes.

IOW.... Bah Bah Bah...another rightie living in denial!

G.

pooltchr
04-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Compassion is the new buzzword for the Obama 2012 campaign, now that hope and change have completely failed.

Conservatives are no longer allowed to use that word. Those who do will be labeled racist! (why not, they do it for just about everything else!)

Steve

llotter
04-22-2011, 02:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are now, for the first time, getting more in handouts from our federal government than we are paying in taxes. About $2.3 trillion in welfare/redistribution/unearned cash received from our masters while only $2.2 trillion being paid.

I just don't know why we have to pay so much! Imagine how fast our economy would grow if those taxes were left in our pockets to spend of all the good things in life. </div></div>

Social SEcurity, and Medicare, ARE NOT HANDOUTS!!!

AMERICANS PAY INTO THOSE INSURANCE PROGRAMS THEIR WHOLE WORKING LIVES!...

REpigs want to give even more to the wealthy, at the cost of the rest, right after the wealthy just stole trillions through fraud, of the nation's wealth.

If you can't see that, it's becaue you are eighter in denial, or you simply don't want to consider, the truth.

IOW.... Bah Bah Bah...

G.

</div></div>

There are among us, I guess, real people who actually believe that the State is the great and necessary provider and that the people themselves are not capable of providing for their own needs. These people, who are naturally of very high intelligence, have come to be know as 'The Ruling Class' and their supporters (who are not all the smart but easily impressed by those who are).

Of course, neither SS or Medicare are 'insurance' programs in any meaningful sense of the word. Yes, I am aware that that word if often used to describe them but just because it's on the spoon, doesn't mean you have to consume it.

And to just say again (though I know you are among those who actually cannot think for themselves), it is yet another perversion of the language to speak in terms of 'giving' someone their own money. That thinking is rooted in the idea that all wealth belongs to the government, or as Marx would say, belongs to 'the people' to be dolled out as the rulers see fit.

I don't blame you, however, for 'thinking' that the wealthy just stole trillions but again, you are feeding from the spoon of deceit. The bi-partisan TARP was a product of The Ruling Class again and essentially forced into the pockets of the wealthy to the extent that they made gains. You talk as though our rulers had no say in how all those billions and trillions flowing through their hands.

The conservative case, Gayle, is not to put our faith in rulers but in ourselves, the very definition of freedom. Further, power corrupts and therefore it is good to follow the limits in the Constitution where it explicitly prohibits ALL of these redistribution payments. I know that the spoon assures me that our politicians always abide by that founding document but only a fool would swallow that line.

Gayle in MD
04-22-2011, 02:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are now, for the first time, getting more in handouts from our federal government than we are paying in taxes. About $2.3 trillion in welfare/redistribution/unearned cash received from our masters while only $2.2 trillion being paid.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Social SEcurity, and Medicare, ARE NOT HANDOUTS!!!</span><span style='font-size: 20pt'>AMERICANS PAY INTO THOSE INSURANCE PROGRAMS THEIR WHOLE WORKING LIVES!...</span>SEcurity, and Medicare, ARE NOT HANDOUTS!!![/size][size:20pt]AMERICANS PAY INTO THOSE INSURANCE PROGRAMS THEIR WHOLE WORKING LIVES
! If you can't see that, it's becaue you are either in denial, or you simply don't want to consider, the truth.

IOW.... Bah Bah Bah...

G.

</div></div>

There are among us, I guess, real people who actually believe that the State is the great and necessary provider and that the people themselves are not capable of providing for their own needs. These people, who are naturally of very high intelligence, have come to be know as 'The Ruling Class' and their supporters (who are not all the smart but easily impressed by those who are).

Of course, neither SS or Medicare are 'insurance' programs in any meaningful sense of the word. Yes, I am aware that that word if often used to describe them but just because it's on the spoon, doesn't mean you have to consume it.

And to just say again (though I know you are among those who actually cannot think for themselves), it is yet another perversion of the language to speak in terms of 'giving' someone their own money. That thinking is rooted in the idea that all wealth belongs to the government, or as Marx would say, belongs to 'the people' to be dolled out as the rulers see fit.

I don't blame you, however, for 'thinking' that the wealthy just stole trillions but again, you are feeding from the spoon of deceit. The bi-partisan TARP was a product of The Ruling Class again and essentially forced into the pockets of the wealthy to the extent that they made gains. You talk as though our rulers had no say in how all those billions and trillions flowing through their hands.

The conservative case, Gayle, is not to put our faith in rulers but in ourselves, the very definition of freedom. Further, power corrupts and therefore it is good to follow the limits in the Constitution where it explicitly prohibits ALL of these redistribution payments. I know that the spoon assures me that our politicians always abide by that founding document but only a fool would swallow that line. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Social Security, and Medicare, ARE NOT HANDOUTS!!!

AMERICANS PAY INTO THOSE INSURANCE PROGRAMS THEIR WHOLE WORKING LIVES

If you can't see that, it's becaue you are either in denial, or you simply don't want to consider, the truth.

IOW.... Bah Bah Bah...
</span>

JohnnyD
04-22-2011, 03:31 PM
STFU

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH