PDA

View Full Version : When or at what age did u begin to beleev in God?

cushioncrawler
04-23-2011, 05:39 PM
HERE ARE SOME ANSWERS.
MAC.

I was young and riding my bike to school. This dog started chasing me and I thought its chain would stop it but it kept coming because the chain had broken. It was jumping up at me down an entire block as I rode as fast as I could. I was about to cross the street without knowing if a car was going to come. All of a sudden I had the words "HELP ME GOD!" come out of my mouth. It was such a natural response as if I didn't even say it. At that exact second it sounded as if the dog's chain was grabbed and it hit an invisible wall. It let out a cry and whimper and then started running back down the street away from me. It wasn't really when I started believing in God but it was probably my first wake up call. I have had more powerful experiences since.

I believed as a child and then fell into unbelief in my 20's. I spent 13 years as an atheist/agnostic and then became a die-hard Christian at 33, when I had a supernatural intervention.

As I child, I do think that I believed in God, merely because when I was a child neighbors or friends would take me to church. It wasn't long that I soon decided there was NO God, and if there was, I hated Him anyway for all that He let me go through. I had been struggling for 2 years before I become a christian to become a better, healthier, happier person, and was already a moral, responsible, caring, giving person. I was 16 when I asked for forgiveness and regained a belief in God.

I was 14, just short of 15 when I properly first did .

I was almost 15. it was just a few years ago. before that i was atheist.

This poll doesn't make a lot of sense. This is Christian TEEN forums, most of everybody here is 20 or younger (that's very open to exceptions, mind), so what's the point of putting options all the way up to 46+?

I guess to save the "Discrimination of Age" yap

But I believed In God mostly my whole life, I did not come to follow him and ask for True Forgiveness and Repentance until the age of 15,

I was 13 when I started believing. Before that i thought I was an atheist. All because of stuff that happened to me as a child.

I accepted Him into my heart as my personal Savior when I was 6.

It was when I first received the Holy Spirit. This was a supernatural event and no, I can't prove it because there were no witnesses and no physical evidence. Just God and me.

Well, I'm guessing Athiests are mature enough to handle Anything...ha ha so here goes.....I SHOT MY FIRST LOAD OF DOPE AND SAT DOWN AGAINST THE HEADBOARD IN A MOTEL ROOM, OPENED THE LITTLE DRAWER AND PULLED OUT A BOOK.....Now I sit here with all this knowledge about God and No one hears my thoughts. I read for awhile then the darn book pulled me out of religion into an absence of religion. I guess a good religion is supposed to bring a capable human being clear through that very religion.
NO, I WAS'NT RAISED WITH GOD......the most my Mom ever said about God-like things was "Going to Hell in a Handbasket" so I was lucky to have such parents that did'nt push and pull me in and out of God.
I ADORE GOD NOW!
HE'S A TRIP!
WE ARE VERY CLOSE AND HE TOLD ME ALL THE THINGS I NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT HIM ON HIS OWN TERMS AND IN HIS OWN WORDS.
I NEVER LISTEN TO THOSE RELIGION FANATICS.
I ADORE HIM. HE CREATED THE GREAT ORB IN THE SKY AND IT'S ON FIRE! SUNSHINE!!!!!!!
I AM AWESTRUCK!

I was raised as a Christian. Church wasn't a big deal or anything. I knew about Jesus and thought that he was a cool guy.
When I became a teenager I didn't deny him, but I wasn't really into it. If you asked me I would have told you that I was a Christian. But I drank, cussed and smoked and did all of the stuff that "good" Christians aren't supposed to do. I was very promiscuous (seeing as I was trying to find love, but never really found it) I was also diagnosed with Bipolar disorder and I was a self-mutilator.
I was in and out of the mental hospital and was on several different prescription medications. I wanted to die, but I didn't want to kill myself because I was afraid. I had ECT's (electro convulsive therapy) Nothing really worked though... I remained just as unstable as ever.
A man visited me in the hospital one night and asked me several questions and asked me if I really wanted to get better. I said yes... Then he walked me through laying my sins at the feet of Jesus and prayed that I would be freed of my spiritual oppression. I physically felt the emptiness leave...
That dark, heavy, and unbearable emptiness was gone. It was unreal. If it hadn't happened to me, I wouldn't have believed it.
I'm not the same person anymore. I haven't taken mood stabilizers or anti-depressants in six years (I quit taking them, despite my doctor's disapproval... well I just didn't tell her). I still have pms though ;). My current family doctor is perplexed at my history and warns me to watch myself closely (especially after I had my baby who is no 14 months old). When I felt the urge to cut I simply prayed and the feeling left... a feeling that I couldn't ever get rid of before.
I try to read my Bible every day and I am actively involved in my church as the drama coordinator. When I start to stray from His word and the truth, I falter and start feeling depressed (a gift God has left with me so that I wouldn't leave Him)
I am married to a wonderful man and have kid. I am blessed and it is all because of the glory of God.
God is real. Jesus is real. He did die for our sins. He was raised from the dead. I am the proof. My life testifies. I didn't do any of this alone. I did not decide to save myself. I was incapable of anything.

I grew up in the church and went to christian schools. When i turned 18 I turned my back on all that. My life went progressively from sugar to sh*t. When my life took a nose dive, I found myself having to get honest about what kind of person I really was and why. I started reaching out and God led me out of my pit of despair. I started realizing more and more that when my thinking and my perspectives changed so did my life. God enables me to be a survivor instead of a victim.

I've always believed in God. It's one of the few spiritual beliefs that carried over into me being non-religious as of the present. It always seemed to make sense to me, and after learning of things like the Big Bang, evolution, the structure of a living cell, and the basic organization in nature from subatomic particle up to the largest galactic super-cluster, makes me only believe in God more, not less.

I felt His presence in my life and his hand upon me guiding my destiny. If you've never experienced it I'm afraid I can't explain it to you, but I know because I KNOW.
"For the man of faith no proof is necessary. For the man without faith no proof is sufficient"
As for questioning what I believe, every christian does to some degree or another, but if you are really indwelt by the Holy Spirit, though you may fall you will never fully fall away.