PDA

View Full Version : You won't believe this.



Qtec
04-25-2011, 12:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Michigan lawmakers push deeper cuts
Closing prison, eliminating film tax credits among state House, Senate budget proposals.

.......

'One of the first steps'

Snyder's budget and tax proposal would close a $1.4 billion deficit and <span style='font-size: 14pt'>calls for $1.8 billion in tax cuts for business.</span> <span style="color: #990000">Remember, 1.8 B for business!</span>

"The governor respects the legislative process and legislators' work," said Sara Wurfel, Snyder's spokeswoman. "This is just one of the first steps in a longer, continuing progression. There will continue to be differences and tough choices along the way."

The House and Senate subcommittees passed budgets that would include deeper cuts for the Department of Human Services. The Senate plan came in an additional $114 million below Snyder's recommended $1.096 billion DHS budget, said Sen. Bruce Caswell, R-Hillsdale.

The Senate plan would save $19 million by toughening the rules to qualify for State Disability Assistance. Funding for the Early Childhood Investment Corporation would be slashed from $14.6 million under the governor's proposal to $7.6 million. The Senate would save <u>$3.6 million by limiting indigent burials only to unclaimed bodies.</u>





<span style="color: #990000">..and here it comes, you won't believe this.. </span>








<span style='font-size: 14pt'>A small part of the DHS savings, about $200,000, would come from adjustments to the clothing allowance for foster children, or children of the working poor, of $79 for school clothes.</span> Caswell said children will still get close to that $79, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>but would be issued gift cards that can only be used at the Salvation Army, Goodwill or other thrift stores.</span>

<span style="color: #3333FF">"The reason is you can get a whole lot more in a resale store," Caswell said.</span>

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110415/POLI...s#ixzz1KVlvCc6A (http://detnews.com/article/20110415/POLITICS02/104150367/Michigan-lawmakers-push-deeper-cuts#ixzz1KVlvCc6A)
</div></div>

Gasp!!!!!!!!!!


More. link (http://news.michiganradio.org/post/plan-would-require-foster-children-shop-clothing-thrift-stores?nopop=1)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Foster children in Michigan would use their state-funded clothing allowance only in thrift stores under a plan suggested by State Senator Bruce Caswell.

Caswell says he wants to make sure that state money set aside to buy clothes for foster children and kids of the working poor is actually used for that purpose.

He says they should get "gift cards" to be used only at Salvation Army, Goodwill or other thrift stores.

"I never had anything new," Caswell says. "I got all the hand-me-downs. And my dad, he did a lot of shopping at the Salvation Army, and his comment was -- and quite frankly it's true -- once you're out of the store and you walk down the street, nobody knows where you bought your clothes."

Gilda Jacobs is CEO of the Michigan League for Human Services. She’s not a fan of the thrift shop gift card idea.

"<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Honestly, I was flabbergasted," Jacobs says. "I really couldn't believe this. Because I think, gosh, is this where we've gone in this state? I think that there’s the whole issue of dignity. You’re saying to somebody, you don’t deserve to go in and buy a new pair of gym shoes. You know, for a lot of foster kids, they already have so much stacked against them.</span>”

Caswell says the gift card idea wouldn’t save the state any money. </div></div>

How low can they go? <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Well we know now.</span>

$1,800,000,000 for tax cuts paid in part by stigmatizing foster kids as 2nd class citizens for a measly $200,000.




Q...unbelievable. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

[ So there you have the republican plan in action. Cut everything for the poor and redistribute the money to business.]

cushioncrawler
04-25-2011, 01:50 AM
Rumania had an upper class and the rest were just slaves.
Slavery iz kummen back to the good ol usofa -- no it aint -- it aint never left.
mac.

LWW
04-25-2011, 03:26 AM
You are right that I won't believe it, but obviously you did.

As a reminder, business does not pay tax. It collects tax from the end user which it forwards to the state. Tax to a business is no different than a phone or utility bill in that it is an expense that the business incurs and then passes along to the end consumer ... other than things like phones, lights, and heat contribute to business success while taxes are simply a brake against economic growth.

Hence, a $1.800,000,000.00 reduction in taxes collected for the state by business will result in:

- A $1.800,000,000.00 reduction in pricing <span style='font-size: 11pt'>OR</span>,

- A $1.800,000,000.00 improvement in product/services <span style='font-size: 11pt'>OR</span>,

- A $1.800,000,000.00 increase in payroll <span style='font-size: 11pt'>OR</span>,

- A $1.800,000,000.00 increase in research and development <span style='font-size: 11pt'>OR</span>,

- A combination of the above equalling $1,800,000,000.00.

These improvements in the business climate/research/service/employment will spur sales and employment which will in turn spur additional tax revenue to the state which will "PAY FOR" the reductions ... just as it did thin the 1920's ... and 1960's ... and 1980's ... and 2000's.

Please study some economics before you make yourself a laughing stock. Again.

Sev
04-25-2011, 06:30 AM
You forgot 1.8 bil in possible hiring as well.

pooltchr
04-25-2011, 06:45 AM
I think he covered that under the increasing payroll line.

Steve

Qtec
04-25-2011, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> As a reminder, business does not pay tax. It collects tax from the end user which it forwards to the state. Tax to a business is no different than a phone or utility bill in that it is an expense that the business incurs and then passes along to the end consumer ... other than things like phones, lights, and heat contribute to business success while taxes are simply a brake against economic growth.

Hence, a $1.800,000,000.00 reduction in taxes collected for the state by business will result in:

- A $1.800,000,000.00 reduction in pricing OR,

- A $1.800,000,000.00 improvement in product/services OR,

- A $1.800,000,000.00 increase in payroll OR,

- A $1.800,000,000.00 increase in research and development OR,

- A combination of the above equalling $1,800,000,000.00.</div></div>

Its amazing, you left out the most obvious one. ...<span style='font-size: 14pt'>OR an increase in profits.</span>

...and we all know how much shareholders dislike profits...!!!!!??????

Q

Gayle in MD
04-25-2011, 07:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Michigan lawmakers push deeper cuts
Closing prison, eliminating film tax credits among state House, Senate budget proposals.

.......

'One of the first steps'

Snyder's budget and tax proposal would close a $1.4 billion deficit and <span style='font-size: 14pt'>calls for $1.8 billion in tax cuts for business.</span> <span style="color: #990000">Remember, 1.8 B for business!</span>

"The governor respects the legislative process and legislators' work," said Sara Wurfel, Snyder's spokeswoman. "This is just one of the first steps in a longer, continuing progression. There will continue to be differences and tough choices along the way."

The House and Senate subcommittees passed budgets that would include deeper cuts for the Department of Human Services. The Senate plan came in an additional $114 million below Snyder's recommended $1.096 billion DHS budget, said Sen. Bruce Caswell, R-Hillsdale.

The Senate plan would save $19 million by toughening the rules to qualify for State Disability Assistance. Funding for the Early Childhood Investment Corporation would be slashed from $14.6 million under the governor's proposal to $7.6 million. The Senate would save <u>$3.6 million by limiting indigent burials only to unclaimed bodies.</u>





<span style="color: #990000">..and here it comes, you won't believe this.. </span>








<span style='font-size: 14pt'>A small part of the DHS savings, about $200,000, would come from adjustments to the clothing allowance for foster children, or children of the working poor, of $79 for school clothes.</span> Caswell said children will still get close to that $79, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>but would be issued gift cards that can only be used at the Salvation Army, Goodwill or other thrift stores.</span>

<span style="color: #3333FF">"The reason is you can get a whole lot more in a resale store," Caswell said.</span>

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110415/POLI...s#ixzz1KVlvCc6A (http://detnews.com/article/20110415/POLITICS02/104150367/Michigan-lawmakers-push-deeper-cuts#ixzz1KVlvCc6A)
</div></div>

Gasp!!!!!!!!!!


More. link (http://news.michiganradio.org/post/plan-would-require-foster-children-shop-clothing-thrift-stores?nopop=1)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Foster children in Michigan would use their state-funded clothing allowance only in thrift stores under a plan suggested by State Senator Bruce Caswell.

Caswell says he wants to make sure that state money set aside to buy clothes for foster children and kids of the working poor is actually used for that purpose.

He says they should get "gift cards" to be used only at Salvation Army, Goodwill or other thrift stores.

"I never had anything new," Caswell says. "I got all the hand-me-downs. And my dad, he did a lot of shopping at the Salvation Army, and his comment was -- and quite frankly it's true -- once you're out of the store and you walk down the street, nobody knows where you bought your clothes."

Gilda Jacobs is CEO of the Michigan League for Human Services. She’s not a fan of the thrift shop gift card idea.

"<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Honestly, I was flabbergasted," Jacobs says. "I really couldn't believe this. Because I think, gosh, is this where we've gone in this state? I think that there’s the whole issue of dignity. You’re saying to somebody, you don’t deserve to go in and buy a new pair of gym shoes. You know, for a lot of foster kids, they already have so much stacked against them.</span>”

Caswell says the gift card idea wouldn’t save the state any money. </div></div>

How low can they go? <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Well we know now.</span>

$1,800,000,000 for tax cuts paid in part by stigmatizing foster kids as 2nd class citizens for a measly $200,000.




Q...unbelievable. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

[ So there you have the republican plan in action. Cut everything for the poor and redistribute the money to business.] </div></div>

Yes, it is unbelievablE when we know that every economist of any credibility, including Alan Greenspan, and David Stockman, REAGAN'S FORMER BUDGET DIRECTOR, and many other Pulitizer Prive Winning Economists, all agree....THAT TAX CUTS FOR THE WEALTHY DO NOT PAY FOR THEMSELVES!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Conveniently, David Stockman—the Reagan administration's point man in the fight for supply-side economics who proved when it came to deficit issues to be even more conservative than the fortieth president – has weighed in on the matter.

What does this architect of Reaganomics say?

"Republicans used to believe that prosperity depended upon the regular balancing of accounts—in government, in international trade, on the ledgers of central banks and in the financial affairs of private households and businesses, too. But the new catechism, as practiced by Republican policymakers for decades now, has amounted to little more than money printing and deficit finance—vulgar Keynesianism robed in the ideological vestments of the prosperous classes," Stockman writes in a lengthy analysis of the current economic condition published Sunday in The New York Times. "This approach has not simply made a mockery of traditional party ideals. It has also led to the serial financial bubbles and Wall Street depredations that have crippled our economy. More specifically, the new policy doctrines have caused four great deformations of the national economy, and modern Republicans have turned a blind eye to each one."

Where are Republicans really wrong right at the moment? In proposing to maintain the Bush-Cheney administration's massive tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans.

"If there were such a thing as Chapter 11 for politicians, the Republican push to extend the unaffordable Bush tax cuts would amount to a bankruptcy filing. The nation's public debt—if honestly reckoned to include municipal bonds and the $7 trillion of new deficits baked into the cake through 2015—will soon reach $18 trillion. That's a Greece-scale 120 percent of gross domestic product, and fairly screams out for austerity and sacrifice. It is therefore unseemly for the Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell, to insist that the nation's wealthiest taxpayers be spared even a three-percentage-point rate increase," writes the former conservative congressman and OMB director, who shaped the "Reagan Budgets" of the early 1980s. "More fundamentally, Mr. McConnell's stand puts the lie to the Republican pretense that its new monetarist and supply-side doctrines are rooted in its traditional financial philosophy."



http://www.thenation.com/blog/108027/reagans-budget-director-gop-policies-have-



(REPUBLICAN POLICIES, SINCE REAGAN HAVE) crippled-our-economy



http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/opinion/01stockman.html?_r=2



Continued:



<span style='font-size: 14pt'>More fundamentally, Mr. McConnell’s stand puts the lie to the Republican pretense that its new monetarist and supply-side doctrines are rooted in its traditional financial philosophy. Republicans used to believe that prosperity depended upon the regular balancing of accounts — in government, in international trade, on the ledgers of central banks and in the financial affairs of private households and businesses, too. But the new catechism, as practiced by Republican policymakers for decades now, has amounted to little more than money printing and deficit finance — vulgar Keynesianism robed in the ideological vestments of the prosperous classes.

This approach has not simply made a mockery of traditional party ideals. It has also led to the serial financial bubbles and Wall Street depredations that have crippled our economy. More specifically, the new policy doctrines have caused four great deformations of the national economy, and modern Republicans have turned a blind eye to each one.

The first of these started when the Nixon administration defaulted on American obligations under the 1944 Bretton Woods agreement to balance our accounts with the world. Now, since we have lived beyond our means as a nation for nearly 40 years, our cumulative current-account deficit — the combined shortfall on our trade in goods, services and income — has reached nearly $8 trillion. That’s borrowed prosperity on an epic scale.

It is also an outcome that Milton Friedman said could never happen when, in 1971, he persuaded President Nixon to unleash on the world paper dollars no longer redeemable in gold or other fixed monetary reserves. Just let the free market set currency exchange rates, he said, and trade deficits will self-correct.

It may be true that governments, because they intervene in foreign exchange markets, have never completely allowed their currencies to float freely. But that does not absolve Friedman’s $8 trillion error. Once relieved of the discipline of defending a fixed value for their currencies, politicians the world over were free to cheapen their money and disregard their neighbors.

In fact, since chronic current-account deficits result from a nation spending more than it earns, stringent domestic belt-tightening is the only cure. When the dollar was tied to fixed exchange rates, politicians were willing to administer the needed castor oil, because the alternative was to make up for the trade shortfall by paying out reserves, and this would cause immediate economic pain — from high interest rates, for example. But now there is no discipline, only global monetary chaos as foreign central banks run their own printing presses at ever faster speeds to sop up the tidal wave of dollars coming from the Federal Reserve.

The second unhappy change in the American economy has been the extraordinary growth of our public debt.</span> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>In 1970 it was just 40 percent of gross domestic product, or about $425 billion. When it reaches $18 trillion, it will be 40 times greater than in 1970. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>This debt explosion has resulted not from big spending by the Democrats, but instead the Republican Party’s embrace, about three decades ago, of the insidious doctrine that deficits don’t matter if they result from tax cuts.</span> </span>

In 1981, traditional Republicans supported tax cuts, matched by spending cuts, to offset the way inflation was pushing many taxpayers into higher brackets and to spur investment. The Reagan administration’s hastily prepared fiscal blueprint, however, was no match for the primordial forces — the welfare state and the warfare state — that drive the federal spending machine.

Soon, the neocons were pushing the military budget skyward. And the Republicans on Capitol Hill who were supposed to cut spending exempted from the knife most of the domestic budget — entitlements, farm subsidies, education, water projects. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>But in the end it was a new cadre of ideological tax-cutters who killed the Republicans’ fiscal religion. </span>1
2
Next Page »

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/opinion/01stockman.html?_r=2


</div></div>



<span style="color: #990000"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>As is plainly clear, those ignorant stalkers here, who complain about forum peace, as they present themselves as the Truth Writers, and wannabe economists, while they spew the proven lies of the Repiglicans, as factual, and incredibly, use their misinformation to attack those of us who know they are totally wrong, about everything, and particularly about the gross damages of decades of failed Republican Policies, never more damagigng, to America's solvency, than under GEORGE W. BUSH, as even Conservatives agree, give us a clear understanding of how we could have ever gotten so far into this mess,Warring, Borrowing, Cutting Taxes, Spending, annd failinng to pay for any of it!

As you stated, my friend, communicating with the ignorant, who refuse to acknowledge the proven facts, is truly the core of the disappointing misfunction of this site.

When we see the resident stalkers, take our own words out of context, solely in an effort to deny their own stalking, and refuse to take responsibility for what they have done to this forum, we are seeing their general approach to reality, one of denial, ignorance, a lack of appreciation for good documentation, and gross delusions of grandeur!

Repulsive, isn't it? And since their celebrated embraces of these illogical tax cuts, are in the archives, it is obvious to we from the left, that they don't have a clue what they are talking about!!!! To admit that Bush's policies drove nails into the Nation's coffin, would require that they admit that their statements, that the deficits don't matter, also be acknowledged, as pure poppycock!!!

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>AS WE KNOW, THEY PREFER TO CONTINUE TO CLAIM INTELLIGENCE, IN THE FACE OF PROVEN IGNORANCE, AND LAUNCH PERSONAL ATTACKS, INSTEAD!</span>G.</span> </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Sev
04-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Did somebody post something???

Gayle in MD
04-25-2011, 08:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> As a reminder, business does not pay tax. It collects tax from the end user which it forwards to the state. Tax to a business is no different than a phone or utility bill in that it is an expense that the business incurs and then passes along to the end consumer ... other than things like phones, lights, and heat contribute to business success while taxes are simply a brake against economic growth.

Hence, a $1.800,000,000.00 reduction in taxes collected for the state by business will result in:

- A $1.800,000,000.00 reduction in pricing OR,

- A $1.800,000,000.00 improvement in product/services OR,

- A $1.800,000,000.00 increase in payroll OR,

- A $1.800,000,000.00 increase in research and development OR,

- A combination of the above equalling $1,800,000,000.00.</div></div>

Its amazing, you left out the most obvious one. ...<span style='font-size: 14pt'>OR an increase in profits.</span>

...and we all know how much shareholders dislike profits...!!!!!??????

Q </div></div>

Rather fitting that he would leave out the lynchpin, don't you think so, LMAO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

That's a good example of their usual suspension, or lack of critical thinking skills! BWA HA HA HA! Too funny! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
04-25-2011, 10:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did somebody post something??? </div></div>

No...it was just Gayle.

Steve

pooltchr
04-25-2011, 10:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Its amazing, you left out the most obvious one. ...<span style='font-size: 14pt'>OR an increase in profits.</span>



Q </div></div>

And that is where competition comes into play. If I see you have a business that is making huge profits, I might be inclined to go into the same business, but willing to cut your price, take a little less profit, and take away your customers. This forces you to lower your prices in order to stay in business.

The only businesses that don't need to worry about competition are monopolies, or those supported by the government.

If the evil WalMart were to decide they want to raise their prices to make more profit, how long do you think it would be until all their customers started shopping at Target?

If you are a government, and decide that the best way to make more money is to raise taxes, how long before your customers (businesses and those evil rich people), find another place to do business? (see "outsourcing")

You can only rob people for so long before they find an alternative to doing business with you.

Steve

LWW
04-25-2011, 02:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Its amazing, you left out the most obvious one. ...[size:14pt]OR an increase in profits.

Q </div></div>

That would be the reality in a fascist economy such as what dear leader wishes to impose.

I realize you are nearly completely uninformed on the topic of economics and free markets ... but let me give you a primer.

When one company or person is the sole supplier of a good or service they can set the price wherever they want as they are a clear monopoly.

When a second company or person jumps in, aware of a large profit margin on the good or service, the high price can be maintained so long as they do not become a threat to the first entity.

If they do become a threat, the first player will usually resort to predatory pricing ... which runs the second player out of the market or back into line ... and the fixed price returns.

When a third ... and especially with a fourth, fifth, sixth, etcetera ... player enters the market their only chance is to steal market share by lowering prices.

When this happens it becomes a race to the bottom and all fat gets cut from all surviving competitors.

That is why free markets are so brutally efficieint.

It is only when the state interferes that we end up with artificially high prices.

Industry which has gubmint support becomes inherently lazy and inefficient as the threat to it's survival has been removed.

It's much like a lion in the jungle ... brutally efficient or else it starves ... versus a lion in the zoo, which becomes inefficient and lazy because it's existence becomes subsidized by the zookeeper and the threat of starvation has been removed.

Fascist economics promotes inefficiency moreso than any other economic system. "TOO BIG TO FAIL!" means that all competition is now to small to be allowed to succeed.

LWW
04-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Charlotte has been testy lately.

pooltchr
04-25-2011, 02:43 PM
lately?


Steve

LWW
04-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Probably had too much swamp water at Skipper's Pier and Restaurant in Deale, Md.

I hear that stuff makes one crazy and violent.

wolfdancer
04-25-2011, 05:52 PM
The slight flaws that I see in this "plan"....Goodwill and the Salvation Army may not be able to keep up with the new, increased demand to purchase their donated items...they may have to outsource to Tibet or Mongolia....the other 3rd world nations already tied in to WalMart contracts. And now with this new dedicated customer base, they may want to expand....and even compete with the big chain stores.
Closing prisons...another great idea....they could just hand out something like traffic tickets for crime, and actually profit from crime and criminals....Say, armed robbery... a $5k fine, murders, $10 to $25k....
And then there are the burials... here's an idea from Adolf... open pit mass burials!!! Or let the local power plants use them as fuel!!
As Monty Python would say "Brilliant!!!"

Stretch
04-26-2011, 01:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The slight flaws that I see in this "plan"....Goodwill and the Salvation Army may not be able to keep up with the new, increased demand to purchase their donated items...they may have to outsource to Tibet or Mongolia....the other 3rd world nations already tied in to WalMart contracts. And now with this new dedicated customer base, they may want to expand....and even compete with the big chain stores.
Closing prisons...another great idea....they could just hand out something like traffic tickets for crime, and actually profit from crime and criminals....Say, armed robbery... a $5k fine, murders, $10 to $25k....
And then there are the burials... here's an idea from Adolf... open pit mass burials!!! Or let the local power plants use them as fuel!!
As Monty Python would say "Brilliant!!!" </div></div>

They are doing that now! I heard this crematorium in Britain is recycling it's waste heat to heat the Community Pool in the building next door. Smart move i'd say. St.

Qtec
04-26-2011, 01:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The slight flaws that I see in this "plan"....Goodwill and the Salvation Army may not be able to keep up with the new, increased demand to purchase their donated items...they may have to outsource to Tibet or Mongolia... </div></div>

LOL

Notice LWW and Steve both ignored the main point?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..and here it comes, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>you won't believe this</span> <span style="color: #990000">Title of the thread!</span>..








A small part of the DHS savings, about $200,000, would come from adjustments to the clothing allowance for foster children, or children of the working poor, of $79 for school clothes. Caswell said <span style='font-size: 17pt'>children will still get close to that $79, but would be issued gift cards that can only be used at the Salvation Army, Goodwill or other thrift stores.</span> </div></div>


They probably are too embarrassed to say it but they probably think its a good idea.

Q

LWW
04-26-2011, 02:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.And then there are the burials... here's an idea from Adolf... open pit mass burials!!! Or let the local power plants use them as fuel!!</div></div>

Let that one live also.

LWW
04-26-2011, 02:24 AM
The true main point of this article is that if democrooks in Lansing along with unions hadn't lowered Detroit from the highest standard of living of any city in America to something more resembling Berlin 1945 ... well, none of these cuts would have been necessary.

Now, in typical leftist doublethink, you blame the ones who tried to stop the apocalypse from killing Detroit ... while praising those who brought it about.

Gayle in MD
04-26-2011, 07:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The slight flaws that I see in this "plan"....Goodwill and the Salvation Army may not be able to keep up with the new, increased demand to purchase their donated items...they may have to outsource to Tibet or Mongolia... </div></div>

LOL

Notice LWW and Steve both ignored the main point?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..and here it comes, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>you won't believe this</span> <span style="color: #990000">Title of the thread!</span>..








A small part of the DHS savings, about $200,000, would come from adjustments to the clothing allowance for foster children, or children of the working poor, of $79 for school clothes. Caswell said <span style='font-size: 17pt'>children will still get close to that $79, but would be issued gift cards that can only be used at the Salvation Army, Goodwill or other thrift stores.</span> </div></div>


They probably are too embarrassed to say it but they probably think its a good idea.

Q </div></div>

You know it!

Just heard that idiot, Billy Graham's son, explaining how churches forgot how to give to the poor!!!!

He actually blamed it all on the Government programs, to help those in need!!!!

WHAT A TOTAL CROOK!!!

He lives, like his father, and all of the other evangelical stars, doe, like KINGS!

What a grand example he makes, explaining how churches, "Forgot" how to feed the poor!!!!

He thinks Trump, makes sense. Hmmm, no judgement by a crook, of a crook! Both simply business men, looking to screw every penny out of every person they can steal from, and all under false pretenses!

PIGS!

pooltchr
04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Calm down, Granny. Go get a drink or two.

Steve

LWW
04-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Sorry, she needs cut off on the swamp water.

Physical assault is a serious offense.