PDA

View Full Version : Bar Table Prices(Used)

Sid_Vicious
04-25-2011, 10:42 AM
My niece is moving and selling a table she obviously inherited with her house when she bought it years ago. I'm not trying to sell this table, just getting an idea for what to tell them it might be generally worth for selling. As far as I can tell on the phone call, it's a bar table, has green cloth so that tells me it might be quality cloth and possibly indicate a better bar table. yes it does have a coins slot. I told my brother that if it was a Cougar brand that he may have added value, but I'm talking to a non pool player. Their idea is to ask maybe $200 and have the buyer move it, and I suggested that with the current market, that might me about right. Oh, it is a one piece slate and is in fair to good shape according to my brother.

Anyway, I am not trying to market this pool table, i.e. sell it here on the board. Besides it is in another state than Texas. I just want opinions if I am under selling their table when I agree that $200, or donating it to a rec center, is about right. You know how it goes when you sell a house...a table sometimes is almost worth giving away at times. tia. sid

Rich R.
04-26-2011, 06:29 AM
I know nothing about the price of these tables but I would suggest checking local newspapers, ebay and Craig's List to see if anyone else is selling one and what they are asking. Those are all good indicators of what they can get for the table.

BTW, I wouldn't consider the cloth to be of a good quality just because it is green. Even cheap cloths come in the traditional green color and it could also be one of the old cloths that are similar to a wool blanket.

Good luck with the sale.

Bambu
04-26-2011, 11:35 AM
I bought a small table once. I'd say the avg price here is higher here, around 500 for a decent bar table. As Rich said, I would check local prices on Craigs. Ebay can work too, but is not as well known for local pickups.

Sid_Vicious
04-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Maybe the thing will get blown away in the next Arkansas tornado. It sits right in the red zone near LR. As far as running the listings in the paper and such, the big moving days after selling the house is this weekend, so I expect the $200 price may be wise just to get the thing sold quickly. I think they should begin looking for a place to donate it to a group, such as a Christian youth center, and value it at maybe $800. Tax write-off would beat the 200 and it might move very quickly. Heck, some senior centers have a table, and I am pretty sure there is more than one of those in Arkansas. sid