PDA

View Full Version : Stossel nails the hypocritical left

LWW
04-25-2011, 05:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The anti-war movement was all over the news before President Obama was elected. But apparently they weren’t really anti-war ... they were just anti-President Bush. Two college professors just released a study of national protests between 2007 and 2009. What did they find?
… After January 2007, the attendance at antiwar rallies [measured in] roughly the tens of thousands, or thousands, through the end of 2008.
… After the election of Barack Obama as president, the order of magnitude of antiwar protests dropped [...] Organizers were hard pressed to stage a rally with participation in the thousands, or even in the hundreds. For example, we counted exactly 107 participants at a Chicago rally on October 7, 2009.
Amazing. Especially because the war in Afghanistan ramped up after Obama was elected. American fatalities shot up in 2009 and 2010.
The protesters have remained silent over Libya.
And I’m struck by the hypocrisy of the supposedly “anti-war” politicians who voted against Iraq, like Nancy Pelosi. Since Obama was elected, she has voted to continue the war in Afghanistan … and supported the attack on Libya.
Only a handful of Congressmen have remained principled on foreign intervention. One of them is Ron Paul. On my FBN show this week, I’ll talk with him about why he opposes our “aggressive foreign policy.” Thursday at 10pm EST.

Read more: http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/201...r#ixzz1Ka1AcLNS (http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2011/04/25/where-did-all-the-anti-war-protestors-go/comment-page-2/?action=late-new&order#ixzz1Ka1AcLNS) </div></div>

sack316
04-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Amazing how we are arguably MORE active on the war fronts in the world now, but the war protesters are less active in the streets. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Sack

LWW
04-26-2011, 01:59 AM
Not amazing at al to me.

The moonbat crazy left is only aghast at the horros of war when they are told they are aghast at the horrors of war.

Now that dear leader is POTUS ... the dead and maimed are merely props to be returned to storage until needed again by the agitprop theater.

eg8r
04-26-2011, 06:29 AM
Screw the war protestors on the streets, what about the anti-war weenies on this board? They also have gone completely silent. This hypocrisy spans every liberal out there.

eg8r

LWW
04-26-2011, 06:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screw the war protestors on the streets, what about the anti-war weenies on this board? They also have gone completely silent. This hypocrisy spans every liberal out there.

eg8r </div></div>

Well, there is Dennis Kucinich and a handful who have remained consistent. But, they are exceedingly rare.

I have met DK, and although he and I disagree on nearly everything ... I respect him as a man of consistency who follows what he believes to be the best.

pooltchr
04-26-2011, 06:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screw the war protestors on the streets, what about the anti-war weenies on this board? They also have gone completely silent. This hypocrisy spans every liberal out there.

eg8r </div></div>

I would agree that our leftist friends have had very little to say about our military efforts in 3 major theaters around the world since Obama moved into the White House.

Steve

LWW
04-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Or reports of increased "TORTURE" at Gitmo ... remember, the same sources were impeccable a couple years ago.

And don't forget ... making a man wear women's panties on their head at Abu Ghraib is much worse than a cap in the brain from a renegade kill team under the Obama watch.

sack316
04-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Just to combine it all and save myself multiple replies... correct and well said Steve, Ed, and LWW. Thought for sure we'd have some opposing view or opinion by now, though...

Sack

LWW
04-27-2011, 02:58 AM
That's funny.

The cabal won't dare to speak out against the party.

Qtec
04-27-2011, 05:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thought for sure we'd have some opposing view or opinion by now, though...

Sack </div></div>

Its hardly worth my time because its such a bunch of BS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">… After January 2007, the attendance at antiwar rallies [measured in] roughly the tens of thousands, or thousands, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>through the end of 2008.</span>

Read more: http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/201.../#ixzz1KilwOdyn (http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2011/04/25/where-did-all-the-anti-war-protestors-go/comment-page-2/#ixzz1KilwOdyn)
</div></div>

Who was POTUS in 2008?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amazing. Especially because the war in Afghanistan ramped up after Obama was elected. American fatalities shot up in 2009 and 2010.

The protesters have remained silent over Libya.

And I’m struck by the hypocrisy of the supposedly “anti-war” politicians <u>who voted against Iraq,</u> like Nancy Pelosi. Since Obama was elected, she has voted to continue the war in Afghanistan … <u>and supported the attack on Libya.</u>

Read more: http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/201.../#ixzz1KimKyHUB (http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2011/04/25/where-did-all-the-anti-war-protestors-go/comment-page-2/#ixzz1KimKyHUB)
</div></div>

What astounding hypocrisy!!!! The UN voted to go into Lybia because G was killing innocent civilians who were standing up for their human rights.

Flashback.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Robert Kagan, PhD, and William Kristol, PhD, co-founders of the <u>Project for the New American Century,</span> wrote in their Feb. 27, 2004 paper "The Right War for the Right Reasons,"</u> published by the Project for the New American Century:

"It is fashionable to sneer at the moral case for liberating an Iraqi people long brutalized by Saddam's rule. <u>Critics insist mere oppression was not sufficient reason for war, and in any case that it was not Bush's reason.</u> <span style='font-size: 20pt'><span style="color: #3333FF"><u><span style="color: #CC0000">In fact, of course, it was one of Bush's reasons, and the moral and humanitarian purpose provided a compelling reason for a war to remove Saddam.</span></u>.. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>For the people of Iraq, <u>the war put an end to three decades of terror and suffering.</u> The mass graves uncovered since the end of the war </span><span style="color: #660000">are alone sufficient justification for it.</span>"</span></span> </div></div>

Ba-da-boooooooooommmmmmm................

<u>Millions around the world protested against INVADING IRAQ before it happened, but once the deed is done, its done. </u>

People like myself were against it because the reasons they gave did not stand up to examination. They made all kinds of claims to justify attacking Iraq based on shaky INTEL and they have all been debunked.

In a last gasp to justify the invasion, Bush said he had to help the Iraqi people and spread democracy?????

Q

sack316
04-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Very good points Q. But what of other countries with harsh leadership that that denies human rights and kills innocent civilians? Why was Libya the one we (and the UN) focused on? We could throw a dart at a map of the ME and stand a good shot of it hitting one such country that needs similar help.

Sack

Qtec
04-27-2011, 09:20 AM
You could say the same thing about Iraq. The dif between the two is that in one country, there was an actual uprising from the people and that the assistance was backed by the UN.

Q

Sev
04-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Cant wait to see the slaughter in Damascus.

The impedance of Obama will be on naked display as will most likely be shrinkage.

sack316
04-27-2011, 12:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><u>You could say the same thing about Iraq.</u> The dif between the two is that in one country, there was an actual uprising from the people and that the assistance was backed by the UN.

Q </div></div>

Bold and underlined portion would be the point exactly. People COULD say the same thing about it... but they aren't (that knife does cut both ways too, mind you. Many from the right are taking an opposite (possibly hypocritical?) stance as well).

Sack

eg8r
04-27-2011, 12:53 PM
So to prove the point qtip went out of the way to show us he is an anti-war weenie giving Obama the benefit of the doubt.

eg8r

LWW
04-28-2011, 03:09 AM
He has always been willing to sacrifice his dignity in defense of dear leader.