PDA

View Full Version : The truth about profits

pooltchr
04-26-2011, 05:52 AM
When anything happens to a business that threatens to cut profits, be it cost increases, decline in demand, or raising taxes, it is the consumer who pays.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/KimberlyClark-to-hike-prices-apf-2081354792.html?x=0

So, what the heck. Let's raise corporate taxes on companies like KK, or P&G...they can surely afford it! After all, they are just evil rich corporations.

Steve

LWW
04-26-2011, 06:15 AM
What would you think of a business owner who constantly harped that the rich should pay more in taxes ... and then you found out they had sales of $2,000,000.00+ in a single year yet paid their county water/trash bill late?

pooltchr
04-26-2011, 06:45 AM
$2M in sales, doesn't tell me anything about the company's financials. If they had $2.1M in expenses, it wouldn't surprise me at all. If their operating expenses were $1.6M, then I would be all over my accounts payable clerk.

Steve

LWW
04-26-2011, 06:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$2M in sales, doesn't tell me anything about the company's financials. If they had $2.1M in expenses, it wouldn't surprise me at all. If their operating expenses were $1.6M, then I would be all over my accounts payable clerk.

Steve </div></div>

Well, I am just supposing.

So, here's a tease ... let's say that even though you didn't know all their expenses, you did know they had a 25-30 foot pleasure boat and were members of the local yacht club.

Hypothetically speaking.

Would that amount to hypocrisy IYHO ... or anyone else's?

pooltchr
04-26-2011, 07:00 AM
But, my initial thought would be that someone doesn't have a very good business sense, or is quite inept in financial accounting.

Steve

LWW
04-26-2011, 07:05 AM
That, or a tax scofflaw and hypocrite.