PDA

View Full Version : DeeMan, Sack and friends

pooltchr
04-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Heard Alabama got hit pretty hard today...Tuscaloosa and Birmingham hit pretty hard.
I hope you and your families are all ok. Let us know when you can.

Steve

JohnnyD
04-27-2011, 08:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heard Alabama got hit pretty hard today...Tuscaloosa and Birmingham hit pretty hard.
I hope you and your families are all ok. Let us know when you can.

Steve </div></div>
Great post Teacher.
We all wish them well.

sack316
04-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Thank you so much for checking in Steve, both on here as well as Facebook. It means a lot to know our friends are concerned.

We got off OK here in Central Alabama. Our warning is set to expire here in about 5 minutes, although it is still storming and very windy here at my place and I wouldn't be surprised to see it extended. (I was out playing pool... yeah I'm a trooper!)

North Alabama got hit pretty good this afternoon in downtown Cullman. I know a few neighborhoods and one hospital were damaged, no reports on any fatalities to my knowledge there, though.

Birmingham got hit this evening, but I am not sure on any details on it yet.

Tuscaloosa got hit hard and I was watching it live. Estimates on the tornado were that it was 1-1.5 miles wide! It looked VERY bad, and if there are no deaths there I will be very surprised because I watched it go through a pretty populated area. I wish I had more details right now, but I don't.

Hopefully the worst has passed us now, but the cells popping up are pretty unpredictable. So it could still be an interesting night. But for now most seems well here in the central portion of the state.

Sack

sack316
04-27-2011, 11:02 PM
thank you as well JohnnyD (btw, great name as I am a Johnny also!) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

LWW
04-28-2011, 03:28 AM
Thanks for caring.

pooltchr
04-28-2011, 06:05 AM
DeeMan also responded on FB that they came through it ok.
Good News!

Steve

Sev
04-28-2011, 06:09 AM
Good to know your ok.

Almost 200 people are dead.
The twister that hit Tuscaloosa was a mile wide.
Everything in its path has been destroyed. Debris from there was landing in Birmingham form what I heard.

sack316
04-28-2011, 10:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to know your ok.

Almost 200 people are dead.
The twister that hit Tuscaloosa was a mile wide.
Everything in its path has been destroyed. Debris from there was landing in Birmingham form what I heard. </div></div>

Yep you got it right. Didn't have much info filtered to me at the time I posted last night, but this morning everything you just mentioned was confirmed.

I was also mistaken about us here in Central, AL. Elmore (next county over from me) got hit pretty good too. As far as I know there are no deaths there but a few people are missing. Also a few friends of mine had some damage.

Very sad day indeed. I may be heading to Tuscaloosa here soon to help if possible.

Thanks again for the thoughts everyone and glad all of us on the CCB are alright.

Sack

Sev
04-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Most of the death in TN were in Chattanooga. However it looks like we lost about 15 people in the local area as well. There have been a couple of death in VA. 6 I believe.