PDA

View Full Version : George Fels, Pigs and Cows

BillPorter
03-01-2002, 03:38 PM
George, I enjoyed your Tips & Shafts piece in the latest BD, but I must correct you on one point. Talisman Pro tips are made from pig skin, not cowhide. I guess you were worried that if you titled the article Pigskin someone might think you were writing about football? Keep up the good writing, you are always a pleasure to read.

TalismanTony
03-01-2002, 10:49 PM
I haven't seen the article yet (my BD takes sometime to get to Thailand) but Bill is correct Talisman PRO tips are pigskin (similar to Moori) and Talisman WB are made from Water Buffalo hide.

Warm regards,

03-02-2002, 12:08 PM
good article. just put a talisman on about two weeks ago. not as dramatic turnaround as mr fels, but nonetheless, improvement was astounding. product endorsement? maybe.second wind in the life of pool? could be. however, no matter what the reason, the pool gods have allowed us to be that world champion we new we could be.even if it is for only a week or two.and if a mystery tip is a talisman, let us believe in its miracle powers.jp

03-05-2002, 12:42 PM
Appreciate the correction, Bill, and my profound apologies to the porcine universe that makes this ultimate sacrifice. Of course, we're only THEORIZING that this was a Talisman tip (and you're right; "Cowhide" still makes a better title), but I'm still glad to be educated. GF

Doctor_D
03-05-2002, 06:25 PM
Always a pleasure hearing from Mr. George Fels.

Dr. D.

BillPorter
03-05-2002, 08:00 PM
Dr. D.,

Over the years I have played and read about pool, no other writer has so consistently provided pleasurable reading as George Fels. When I first stubled onto this board a few months back, I was very pleased to see that he was a regular on the board. As I near the end of a long career as a college teacher, I have more time for pool and more appreciation for the players and the writers than make the game a great pastime.

cuechick
03-10-2002, 12:34 AM
Hi Mr. Fels,
I read your article, I enjoyed it and am anxious to try out this tip. Which did you use? The Pro or the WB and was it a soft tip? I was not quite clear but that's what the article seem to say?
Thanks /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Chris Cass
03-10-2002, 02:55 AM
Good post Bill,
I just had to see it after reading the subject line. I thought it would be more interesting with animals involved. HAHAHA George is top's though. That's for sure.
Regards,
C.C.

BillPorter
03-10-2002, 09:50 AM
cuechick,

Since George mentioned in the article that it was a soft tip, I believe it must have been a Talisman Pro Soft.