PDA

View Full Version : Bubba

wolfdancer
04-30-2011, 10:41 AM
He's leading the current PGA tournament at 10 under. (Bubba Watson) He may not be the best player on tour, but he is one of the most popular players, a crowd favorite, and good for the game.

Gayle in MD
05-01-2011, 06:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's leading the current PGA tournament at 10 under. (Bubba Watson) He may not be the best player on tour, but he is one of the most popular players, a crowd favorite, and good for the game.
</div></div>

Don't know anything about the guy, but I do know that Bubba's usually travel in packs, lol. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Does this Bubba know his place?

That would be a first!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

LWW
05-01-2011, 06:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does this Bubba know his place?</div></div>

What's his place?

What kind of elitist hate trip are you off on now Charlotte?

wolfdancer
05-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Gayle, he is well liked, very colorful in a sport that promotes "blandness" amongst the players. You have to really love the game to watch it on TV, or attend a pro tournament as I have done a few times now. We had a great, colorful, two time winner, and also a runner up at least once, of the annual SF Amateur City Championship..Aly Trompus...who seemed to be never without his accompanying can of Budweiser, even in the finals. He also was the only one, it seems , without a caddy.
He would fit my image of a Bubba, despite his somewhat "middle east" sounding name?
Re: your question..."does he know his place?"....lol...
a takeoff, maybe on
"barefoot in the winter, and pregnant in the summer",
and walking two steps behind and to the right of....your man?
Damn woman's lib, destroying this fine hundreds years old...tradition!!

LWW
05-01-2011, 02:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, he is well liked</div></div>

To some people that doesn't matter, unless they know their place.

wolfdancer
05-01-2011, 02:50 PM
your remark hardly is apropos???
You might like to expand on that....and explain why you think that Gayle's "place" is to not offer her opposing comments on yours and others, political statements?

Gayle in MD
05-01-2011, 05:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, he is well liked, very colorful in a sport that promotes "blandness" amongst the players. You have to really love the game to watch it on TV, or attend a pro tournament as I have done a few times now. We had a great, colorful, two time winner, and also a runner up at least once, of the annual SF Amateur City Championship..Aly Trompus...who seemed to be never without his accompanying can of Budweiser, even in the finals. He also was the only one, it seems , without a caddy.
He would fit my image of a Bubba, despite his somewhat "middle east" sounding name?
Re: your question..."does he know his place?"....lol...
a takeoff, maybe on
"barefoot in the winter, and pregnant in the summer",
Damn woman's lib, destroying this fine hundreds years old...tradition!!
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"barefoot in the winter, and pregnant in the summer",
Damn woman's lib, destroying this fine hundreds years old...tradition!! </div></div>

LOL, Well now, we know that there really are some Bubbas, who are delightful, but they know they're Bubbas, so they're comfortable with it. They aren't pretending to be political experts, nor to be expert in the principles of rational economics.

I'd say, that's what knowing one's place, is all about. The old, "Know thyself" advice....

But, I'd have to say that when some Bubbas, whine and cry, and huff and puff, and threaten,.... twist and shout, stalk and slander, attack and expose, all because they can't bear something they're reading, that they can't stand reading, but they don't have enough sense to stop reading it, "Slurping it up from the spoon" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif so to speak??????

Well, now what would you call that?

I call it pretty damned sick!

Some people here have decided that they are the forum moderator, they have posted enough total bull****, and won what they preceive as the top dog position, lol, and hence, their demands, must be met, while at the same time, their own behavior, is beyond reproach, in their minds, regardless of how reprehensible it is to the rest of us.

Now, I'd call that a real BUBBA! Wouldn't you?

Is it, "Bubba Think" to think that you have the right to control other people's bodies, and what they do with them?

I'd say so.

Is it Bubba think" to think that you have a right to write all the vicious attacks you please, on the public people you don't like, like Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, FDR, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, even Poor old Helen Thomas, and then, be so confused, that you think you have the right to somehow prevent others here from doing the same thing?

AND THEN, claim that you are above reproach??? LMAO I'd say, that proves, one is confused, about ones PLACE, when one takes it upon ones self, to assume to have the authority, to DICTATE, what others can and cannot write, and then threatening them, if they tell you to go take a FLYING ****!

When that very ones, who continue the stalking and insulting daily, and flooding up a web site, with their responses, to people who have already made it clear, that they are not interested, how do they then blame those who have been ignoring them???

And, as I understand the internet laws, and the rules of this forum, exposing personal information, is against BOTH.

Digging up personal information, and using it to threaten someone, points to.... "malicious intent"... wouldn't you say so?

For example, if a woman says to a man, in private, in a pm, lets say, "I'm warning you, stay away from me!"

How does a dumbass Bubba, twist that into a threat?

Easy, he's a liar, that's how.

Clearly, there is no threat, in that, but some Bubbas, are too stupid, or too dishonest and deceitful, to admit there was no threat involved.

Some Bubbas, would prefer to twist that statement, into a threat, of some sort, so that they can justify the act of actually threatening, themselves, by claiming, they were threatened, first!.

"Oh mommy, mommy, she did it first!!!" LMAO!

Often, they are the same sort of Bubbas, whose far flung political, and economic, analogies, are so completely nonsensical, they are laughable!

Now, I have written a few of them down, and I must say, when I read them at my writers club, HOWLS OF LAUGHTER FOLLOW!

Interesting enough, we have a political satire meeting, once a month, There are a range of political views, and we all write them in satire, but these folks are well educated, so, never any hard feelings, because there is never anythiing aimed, at anyone there, and we all laugh together.

When we coin an original satirical mockery, about, say someone like Rush Limpballs...LOL...everyone there knows well enough, that even if we honestly haven't heard it somewhere else, it very well may not be original.

If I find someone's posts, in poor taste, or notice they often post, what I consider, filthy pictures, or filthy remarks, or statements, such as some Bubbas have posted here, many times, I stop reading them.

If I decide they have no class at all, are not educated, are not regular readers, nor interested in actual fact finding, but rather, in cherry picking, and slandering, then I stop reading their posts, for the most part. Sometimes, I see them, when others quote them, and even then, believe me, I still usually scroll by them, as you well know.

I find it hilarious, that my calling Rush Limbaugh, Rush Limpballs, is by some, so blown out of proportion, when these sorts of mockery, are everywhere!!!! If it's is so offensive to them, how the hell do they make it through life?!!!

Yet, to them, Beck, calling the President of the United States, a racist, who hates swhite people, when his own grandparents, who raised him, were white people, that, is music to their ears!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

They listen to him and his hatespew, everyday, and lap it up, as long as it is against the ones they hate, The Democrooks, as they like to call Democratics, LOL, who the hell cares what they write!!!!

Yet they claim that everyone else here, is partisan, and blind to reality, now, those are the sort of people who are walking, breathing, contradictions personified.

Only irrational people stalk the posts of others, when they cannot handle what others write.

Now, wouldn't you think they would stop going back for more????

But these sorts, rather rely on the Becks, Coulters and Limpballs of the world, for their ONLY source of news and current events, and they can't get enough of the RW hate speak, and you and I know, certain of their statements, prove they are, without a doubt, also, misogynists.

For example, suppose a man would write a sentence with the words, "When a woman spreads her legs, she loses her defense" meaning, that no matter what, a woman should have no recourse, regarding any future, personal decisions, after the fact, if she dares to have sex. NO!!! She must take whatever comes, regardless of all of the myriad details and circumstances that could result, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>even her death. </span>

Can you imagine, that same Bubba, agreeing to THAT scenario, for himself? LMAO!

Proof, of his lack of value, for the lives and circumstances, of women. Let her suffer, and pay the price, for any, and all circumstances, which he, comfortably knows, he will never face.

MALE CHCUVINIST PIG! Now, let's recall, I didn't make that up, the same way, I didn't make up Bubba, nor Fly-over states. I wonder, why aren't these righties, having seizures of something, on a daily basis, if they are so outraged over all of the current, acceptable, wordage, in the political arena???

BUT, if such a man would follow that disgusting, repulsive statement, with years, of vicious insults, threats, intimidation, cyber-stalkiing, shadow posting, driving his hatred, himself, while simultaneously, being almost completely ignored, by the target in question, and receiving in turn, only very sparse, nearly non- existent, responses, yet he continues, reading what he cannot bear to read, and continues growing that ugly boil, fertilizing it himself, every day, now, is that rational?

NO IT IS NOT!

If he follows, that same continuous harrassment, with a threat of exposing Personal Information, it is clear, it has been done, "with malice and intent to cause pain, suffering or humiliation," then, how does he claim to have behaved politely?????

Now, how does a Bubba, come to the conclusion, after THAT sort of behavior, that he is above reproach?? He blames that from which he cannot, or will not, free himself, although he knows full well, that only his own addiction to it, allows it to exist.

As irrational people always do, he experiences it as though someone else, is doing it to him, instead of realizing, that he himself, has a sickness, which not only makes the space for it, but his illness demands that he feed that boil of hate, every single day, and if he loses access, he becomes even MORE irrational and our of sorts.

Misogynists, are all about "Control"....

The simple solution for the rest of us, is to ignore them, if they annoy us.

A very simple solution, which is beyond their control.

They far prefer, to have the opportunity, to bash away at the one symbol of women's liberation, that they can access, safely, from behind their computers, everyday, and BASH, BASH, BASH, while saying, I don't hate her, LMAO, then they can imagine, that they have won.

How does he, this mann, deny his own creation?

He does so by the very same method, which he uses to deny to himself, that he has planted in his own gut, or on the face of his being, a living, growing, huge, seething boil of hate, which he feeds, as often as he possibly can, as he polishes and shines that ugly boil, himself, every day, and at every opportunity.

His own emotional imbalance, and inability to live in a world, where women no longer "Walk ten steps behind" drives him to go straight back to what he regards as a poisoned well. Translation? A woman, with her own point of view, determined to state it, if she cares to, wherever, and whenever she likes!!!

He cannot bear reading, that which drives his hatred, someone who does not agree with his irrational views, but as well, he cannot stop reading it! He cannot stop adding his two cents, trying to say, "Oh, lookie!! Lookie at me! Watch this, mommy!!!!

Irrationally, he thinks that it is his destiny, his responsibility, to kill the demon. Destroy it's spirit. Organize his fellow Bubbas, to aid him in his irrational cause.

These are the acts of the ill.

This sort of behavior, represents a clear case of low self-esteem, a feeling of worthlessness, which, like, The Donald, for example, cannot be assuaged by any accomplishment, or achievement, because down beneath all of the facade, he knows, he is a failure, a fake, a counterfeit, and a joke to many people, and he cannot abide his own impotence, to control the actions, of others.

A sad state of existence.

The Buddhists, laugh at their enemies. They laugh, because they know, that we each control our own universe, and our experience of life, our thoughts, and our joy, and it is up to each of us, to adjust, our own decisions, and to choose, that which can lead us to that joy.

We can shine our light on all of the wonderful aspects of life, or we can destroy it, with our own poor, self-destructive behavior and poor decisions.

When they are unable to grasp the fact that they do not have to read anything that they do not WANT to read, and foolishly blame and attack those whose posts they themselves, stalk, and then attack the writer, for not satisfying their own low self-esteem, by providng some agreement for them to bask in, then how could we expect them to be worthy of any enjoyable debate?

TOTAL IGNORE! that's my personal choice, and you know how chauvinists hate the idea of choice, for all but themselves.

Now you my friend, enjoy bantering with them, as does Q, and Hondo, but, I don't find their posts worth reading.

Looks to me like neither did Soflasnapper, nor Sonoma...

To each his own, as I always say, but, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>within the limits of the laws.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

pooltchr
05-01-2011, 06:36 PM
All of that ranting, to come up with the worn out "Total Ignore" line is just downright funny, I don't care who ya are!

If someone were actually ignoring someone, they would hardly expend that much energy writing a response to them.

In fact, if a normal person were totally ignoring someone else, they would probably just ignore them.

But, some people aren't "normal".

Steve

wolfdancer
05-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Sonoma didn't give them much credence,and therefore refused to play their bullying game. Do you think it a mere coincidence that you are their # 1 target here? You are outspoken, a woman....AND you are a politics/current events buff, usually shooting down their Fox news sound bites. They may score a few points on minor issues...neither party being the political equivalent of
"the real Simon Pure"

Sev
05-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Thats funny stuff.

wolfdancer
05-02-2011, 12:25 AM
There are no Charlotte's listed on the board, but perhaps you were addressing someone that may reside in Charlotte?
I suspect some here would need a placemat to know their place???

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 05:55 AM
There are no "dubs" listed on the board either. Does that mean all those references in the past were not speaking about anyone in particular, Jack?

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 02:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sonoma didn't give them much credence,and therefore refused to play their bullying game. Do you think it a mere coincidence that you are their # 1 target here? You are outspoken, a woman....AND you are a politics/current events buff, usually shooting down their Fox news sound bites. They may score a few points on minor issues...neither party being the political equivalent of
"the real Simon Pure" </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

You always make me laugh!

Thanks!

wolfdancer
05-02-2011, 04:17 PM
El Dub, gave himself that sobriquet....if you have a problem with that.....then you are addressing the wrong person with your complaint, but totally understandable in your case,STEVE!
Gosh almighty, I didn't even know we were on a first name basis; next thing you know, I'll have to add you on my Christmas card list

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 04:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Gosh almighty, I didn't even know we were on a first name basis; </div></div>

No need to refer to me in such a divine fashion..."Steve" will do just fine.

Steve

LWW
05-02-2011, 05:28 PM
And Charlotte's mom gave her that name.

And your point was?

What's that?

You don't actually have one?

wolfdancer
05-02-2011, 07:47 PM
I'd only add to your post that you must find a wealth of WTF posts on this site, that you can use to entertain the group at your meetings.

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 08:15 PM
I started.....but that one was just <u>too</u> easy!

Steve

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 12:48 AM
You start a lot of crap on this site....but you usually get put down

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 01:11 AM
in the greater majority of your posts...you are either trying to pass yourself off as some kind of expert political commentator, or you are trying to start some s**t here. One minute you are claiming you are turning down job advancements, the next you have been retired for 16 yrs.....seems like you reinvent yourself every other week...maybe trying to keep up with the "other guy's" new claims? Next you'll be claiming you are the missing link...and I'll even buy into that!!!

Qtec
05-03-2011, 03:21 AM
Why do they like him?

First of all he comes over as a relaxed amiable kind of guy and his swing shows that.
Now, I only teach pool and snooker but I have played golf on and off for the last 40 years. IMO, 95% of golfers have basically the same orthodox swing, and then you have guys like Bubba.

I'm sure that if most golf coaches saw a video of Bubba, not knowing it was him of course, would all agree that at the top of the back swing, there is no chance of him ever hitting the ball, never mind it going in the right direction.

Q..I like him too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

how it should be done (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVWJzDKW2Vg)

link (http://www.masters.com/en_US/index.html)

Scroll through to 'Tiger roars to 31'. Watch the shot on the 8th hole! Only Tiger could make that shot.

Q

sack316
05-03-2011, 03:25 AM
What we bubba's can do! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toomers-for-Tuscaloosa/127019264041188) That's us "War Eagle" Auburn University fan Bubba's alone (it's a facebook group btw). Lots of good ol' boys donating time and money. Lot's of Churches volunteering trucks and their property as dropoff points and driving for donations. If this is what bein' Bubba is about, then count me in as a proud southern Bubba... cuz nobody can do it like we do! (this is but a SMALL sampling of what we're doing in Bama... NOLA take note....)

Sack

LWW
05-03-2011, 04:49 AM
Some, however, will never be happy until that bubba learns his place.

Gayle in MD
05-03-2011, 06:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What we bubba's can do! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toomers-for-Tuscaloosa/127019264041188) That's us "War Eagle" Auburn University fan Bubba's alone (it's a facebook group btw). Lots of good ol' boys donating time and money. Lot's of Churches volunteering trucks and their property as dropoff points and driving for donations. If this is what bein' Bubba is about, then count me in as a proud southern Bubba... cuz nobody can do it like we do! (this is but a SMALL sampling of what we're doing in Bama... NOLA take note....)

Sack </div></div>

Tap, Tap, Tap, Sack!

Like I said, well educated, successful people with an authentic sense of self-esteem, have no problem with the word, Bubba. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Bill Clinton, used to laugh his butt of about it.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

LWW
05-03-2011, 06:25 AM
Nobody has had an issue with the name/word.

The issue has been your elitist comment about bubba "knowing his place" as you asked.

pooltchr
05-03-2011, 06:27 AM
I never claimed to have been retired for 16 years. I have been working for the past 45 years in several different industries.

There is nothing inconsistent about my fairly long and varied background. Sorry if you can't keep up.

I'm done with the subject. It only came up because YOU decided to attack me by making assumptions about something you know absolutely nothing about...my personal background.

Go back in your little hole now.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 05:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go back in your little hole now.

Steve </div></div>
Crawl back into yours, tough guy

LWW
05-03-2011, 06:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_60Fg9REK2W4/SpsdEpF-muI/AAAAAAAAA-g/v71pumPnRtw/s400/wile_e_coyote.gif </div></div>

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 06:50 PM
I accept both your apology, and your seemingly new found respect for me.

LWW
05-04-2011, 01:29 AM
I was quoting your blather, not agreeing with it.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled delusion.

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Q, I've been watching Tiger since his 3 USGA Amateur titles, which followed 3 USGA Jr titles. I also saw him win in the SF Open, defeating John Daly in a pretty good match. There was even some old videos of him as a toddler, swinging a golf club, and really getting into it. His Dad Earl, if I remember correctly was a Green Beret, and taught him to be mentally tough.