PDA

View Full Version : Bravo And Kudos President Obama! bin Laden DEAD!

Gayle in MD
05-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Whoopie!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

sack316
05-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Woo-hoo!

Sack

Gayle in MD
05-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Yea baby!

The President vowed he would get bin Laden.

I always thought, he would.

They have DNA proof, it's bin Laden, for sure.

I hope this can bring some kind of closure, and peace, to all those who lost loved ones, on 9/11.

G.

sack316
05-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Bravo to all the US Soldiers, intelligence, and every single American & allies who contributed in any way, shape or form.

Sack

pooltchr
05-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Interesting. I don't know as this is something to actually be cheering about.

I find the timing to be particularly ironic. The US had planned to start pulling troops out of Afghanistan in a couple of months. It would have been bad politically for us to pull out troops without finally getting OBL first.

If, and I stress the word, the US is responsible for his death, we can certainly expect AlQ to retaliate in one way or another. It has been widely believed that OBL was in Pakistan, which makes one wonder it the US was actually responsible for his capture and death, or if he was killed and handed over to the US.

NBC is reporting that the body will be destroyed. I wonder why.

Yes, this is very big news, but I think any celebration may be just a bit premature.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Absolutely! You can bet those at CIA, and the White House, are celebrating tonight.

Our troops are elated!

I'm so glad that it WAS our US forces, that got him, and the rather large group, of al Qaeda, that were with him.

They are saying, it was quite a battle. Calling it a fire fight, and saying that the US, has his body.

I remember when the president said he would go across the border, into Pakistan, to get bin Laden, if necessary, and all the flack, from the right, at the time.

But, that is precisely what they did. They were very careful, and didn't go off half cocked, but plotted for months, after getting a bead on him, to bring about this huge victory, for our country, and for those whom we lost, that very tragic day.

This is a great day for America! A major victory, for our CIA, our troops, all those who have worked and fought, so hard, for this day, and especially, for our President!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
05-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Obama said there were no US casualties.
Your "insider" source appears to have been mistaken.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Wasn't he the former CFO of Arbusto Energy?
Indeed, a sad day for his friends and former business partners.

LWW
05-02-2011, 01:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama said there were no US casualties.
Your "insider" source appears to have been mistaken.

Steve </div></div>

That or dear leader was lying.

Qtec
05-02-2011, 04:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting. I don't know as this is something to actually be cheering about </div></div>

This shows the amount of hatred you have to the POTUS!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If, and I stress the word, the US is responsible for his death, we can certainly expect AlQ to retaliate in one way or another.</div></div>

WOW!!!!!!!!!

What a turnaround!

So we shouldn't kill Osama because they might retaliate?????

Q......quit while you are behind,

LWW
05-02-2011, 04:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have DNA proof, it's bin Laden, for sure.

G. </div></div>

Probably, but the DNA results are not back yet.

Sev
05-02-2011, 04:47 AM
Our navy seals always do good work when the intelligence is accurate.

I thought I just heard they dumped Osama's body at sea to prevent any shrines being erected.

I can see the conspiracies coming hard and fast. They will be asking for the death certificate. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Now had 24-36 hours to act on any intelligence found at the compound.
Hopefully we can have a global extermination of the cockroaches.

I wonder what they achieved since killing him a weak ago.

By the way did kill a woman being used as a human shield so that no civilians were kill may not be technically true as espoused by the president.

Sounds like they were in and out pretty quick with minimal resistance.

Sev
05-02-2011, 04:53 AM
Hopefully Pakistan will implode though infighting over this.

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 06:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I can see the conspiracies coming hard and fast. They will be asking for the death certificate. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

Will they accept a certificate of dead death?

Steve

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 06:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q......
</div></div>

Where did I say that? I never said we shouldn't have killed him. I said that celebrating might be a bit premature. I suspect that there are plans in place, and possibly already implemented to attack the west.

Huge celebrations of OBL's death will have the same effect as burning the Quran...

OBL has been neutralized....Al Q has not.

Steve

Sev
05-02-2011, 06:12 AM
Its possible we still have the body. Saying we dumped it out to sea could be feint to see what bubbles to the top.

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 06:24 AM
Originally, we were told he was killed a week ago. Last night, Obama said he gave the order yesterday.
OBL's body might well be in storage in Area 57...it might be at the bottom of the ocean...it might be under a pile of rubble...or it might still be in a cave in the mountains.

I have a difficult time taking anything this government says at face value.

From his speech last night
"Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body."

Now how is it possible that in one day they had this battle, went in and discovered the body, identified it through DNA testing, got it out of Pakistan, on to a Navy ship, and conducted a burial at sea?

Something just doesn't ring true.

Steve

Sev
05-02-2011, 06:31 AM
As long as he is dead and good intelligence was gathered as well is all that really matters.

The people of NYC are celebrating and that is a good thing.

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 06:33 AM
See my above, edited reply

Sev
05-02-2011, 06:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See my above, edited reply </div></div>

Well our guys did shoot at least 1 woman being used at as a human shield.

However it is quite possible for our special forces teams to get in and out quickly.
It also sounds like resistance was minimal due to surprise.

You have to remember they have been scoping out the area for months prior to engaging.

However that being said. Obama should get his story straight.

He was reading from a teleprompter. I could see his eyes flicking back and forth. You would think with something such as this he could get it right.

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 06:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting. I don't know as this is something to actually be cheering about </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If, and I stress the word, the US is responsible for his death, we can certainly expect AlQ to retaliate in one way or another.</div></div>

WOW!!!!!!!!!

What a turnaround!

</div></div>

Too true, and how sad. While the whole world is celebrating, Repubs and Dems, celebrating together, among the cheering crowds of our youth, around our great country.

Cheering crowds, even across the Middle East.

I actually thought, on this one thread, on this one day , this would be one moment, here, free of anything negative.

The more I have learned since last night, the more my respect for this president, has soared.

This was pure, operational perfection, on every level, of OUR Military, OUR Special Forces, (Bravo Bravo) OUR CIA, and OUR President's determination, brilliance, poise and leadership.

Truly a great day for America, OUR Commander in Chief, ALL Patriotic Americans, OUR Military, OUR troops, all of OUR 9/11 survivors, and for the rest of the world.

I doubt, there will be many in the future, who joke about this President's Nobel Prize.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 07:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wasn't he the former CFO of Arbusto Energy?
Indeed, a sad day for his friends and former business partners. </div></div>

LOL, wolf, you are hilarious!

Really amazing and wild, that we would kill bin Laden, on the very same day that Hitler was killed, huh?

G.

Deeman3
05-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Congratulations to Obama, the Seals and all Americans! It we are men enough to critique Obam when he is wrong, let's be men enough to celebrate when he has a victory for all of us!

I hear they dumped his corpse in the ocean! I hope so! no need to give this scumbag a place to rest! May he get his 72 virgins and I hope they are the angry daughters of those he has killed, misguided and abused!

God Bless America!

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Dee, I agree that if OBL is dead, then one goal of the entire war on terror effort has been achieved. However, there seem to be quite a few discrepancies in what we are being told.

We are going to be told exactly what this administration wants us to know. Past experience forces me to give a critical eye to anything they say.

Steve

Sev
05-02-2011, 07:19 AM
I hear the castle that Osama had built was within 100 yards of a Pakistani military base.

Things that make you go HHHHMMMMMMMMM.

Sev
05-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Looks like the intel came from Club GITMO.

Bush's move finally paid off.

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 08:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations to Obama, the Seals and all Americans! It we are men enough to critique Obam when he is wrong, let's be men enough to celebrate when he has a victory for all of us!

I hear they dumped his corpse in the ocean! I hope so! no need to give this scumbag a place to rest! May he get his 72 virgins and I hope they are the angry daughters of those he has killed, misguided and abused!

God Bless America! </div></div>

Tap, Tap, Tap, Dee. It truly is a victory for all of us, and for the world! Partiotic Americans are full of pride, today.

Yes, I heard the same thing, they didn't want a place for any terrorists, to visit and hold as a location, for honoring bin Laden, as resulted, when Saddam, was burried in Iraq. His grave is now a national landmark, for those who were always on his side.

As I understand it, yes, bin Laden, was burried at sea, but honoring the Muslim burial tenents. Good thinking. Give the radical Muslims, nothing to harp about, that thhey won't already try to use.

Again, IMO, there is nothing at all, about this tremendous achievement, to be critical of, or to question.

They took bin Laden's sister's brain, when she died here, undergoing treatment for cancer, in NY, so that they would have the tissue material to perform DNA tests, with speed and accuracy.

Special Forces!!! Bravo! Always thought using special forces would be the the right way to go.

I am inspired to learn of all those in the Middle East, who flooded the streets, to celebrate this great moment.

Sad to think that ANY Americans, would immediately resort to partisan criticism, IMO.

One of our own wounded soldiers, told me that when he met this president, in the hospital, he mentioned to him that he wanted our country to get bin Laden, and he said, that the President, that day, in the hospital, took his one hand into into both hands, leaned in close to him, and looked him right in the eye, and said, Rest assured, WE WILL GET BIN LADEN! OF THAT YOU MAY BE SURE!"

This fellow, said to me, "I KNOW THIS GUY IS GOING TO DO IT! When he does, it'll all be worth it," referencing his own injuries.

I wonder if people realize how much this means to our great soldiers? That alone, is enough to give me great satisfaction!

Commentary I've heard today, from some of our insiders, and former Intelligence experts, tells the story of a President who abandoned public bravado, and focused on performance, instead, in keeping his vow, of getting bin Laden.

He told all of us during the campaign, AND his top Military, and top level administration officials, that getting bin Laden, was his chief goal.

He has kept that campaign promise, no talk, just action, and little to no public statements, in the interest of the huge effort, which was going on behind the scenes.

To think that we have any Americans who cannot come together today, but rather, would turn immediately to their usual partisan, irrational conspiracy theories, and distrust, well, it surely grieves me to see it, given the huge emotional relief, and pride, which so many others around the world, are celebrating, particularly, our troops, and our survivors of those lost on 9/11.

G.

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Again, IMO, there is nothing at all, about this tremendous achievement, to be critical of, or to question.

G. </div></div>

Accepting anything this government tells you without question is a fool's errand.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 09:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting. I don't know as this is something to actually be cheering about </div></div>

WOW!!!!!!!!!

What a turnaround!

</div></div>

Additionally, Q., they did get photographs of the body, and supposedly, a good deal of intelligence, taken from the scene.

Since the President, stated his top goal, was to get bin Laden, AND smash al Qaeda, I hope the Intel they secured, will enhance our opportunities for the latter, as well.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Our Intelligence, has been monitoring the location for quite some time.

Stretch
05-02-2011, 09:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the intel came from Club GITMO.

Bush's move finally paid off. </div></div>

There is a detainee in Gitmo that is 25 million dollars richer. I believe that was the bounty on information leading to Osama's capture? I heard that he gave up the names of two brothers who worked as couriers for OB. Plus, contrary to popular belief he was not hiding in a cave. Rather, he was living in luxury in a multi million dollar mansion. Good ridence! Brillient job by the Obama administration!! St.

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 09:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the intel came from Club GITMO.

Bush's move finally paid off. </div></div>

There is a detainee in Gitmo that is 25 million dollars richer. I believe that was the bounty on information leading to Osama's capture? I heard that he gave up the names of two brothers who worked as couriers for OB. Plus, contrary to popular belief he was not hiding in a cave. Rather, he was living in luxury in a multi million dollar mansion. Good ridence! Brillient job by the Obama administration!! St. </div></div>

You can bet, the guy wasn't being tortured, when he gave up the info.

What impresses me so much, is that I'm hearing they have been watching that location for over year, determined, to make sure, that bin Laden, was there, and planning this incredible operation, and watching the couriers, as well, throughout.

Tracking the courier, provided the operational intel for their plan.

I heard one of the main top retired Generals, can't think of his name right now, saying that he was sure, that a full sized identical duplicate, of that compound, had been built and errected, somewhere, to use during the planning.

Also, we got one of bin Laden's sons.

Our Special Forces, within seconds of landing, immediately took on fire, and stormed the house. One of our copters, had mechinical problems, or may have been hit by fire, and our forces, destroyed it, before they left.

bin Laden was among those firing, and we got him in the left eye, got both couriers, and bin Laden's son.

Last night, new sourceds, on one station, ABD, I think, I was switching around, but they were saying that we had killed, also, a glarge roup of al Qaeda, too, but that must have been a mistake, haven't heard antyhing about that, today.

The President was able to get live time updates, and live Pictures! It was reported, that the situation room, broke into cheer, we they got the official news, that they had gotten him.

the Presiden'ts speech, was fabulous! Did you get to see it?

Last night, many family members, of the 9/11 survivors, were being interviewd throuugh the night.

They were all expressing such great relief, and great pride.

While they would say, it wouldn't bring back their loved ones, they all expressed, how they were feeling so happy, that they would be saved the anguish of their relentless, wondering, where bin Laden was, and if we would ever get him, and how great they felt, that we know, now, for sure, that we got him, and he is finally DEAD!

Amazingly, the location was near a huge Pakistani Police location!!!

I think I'm dehydrated, from all the tears! I was up all night, and absolutely thrilled! No way could I have slept, so I drove into town, very late, with some USO friends, and what a sight!!!

So many people, in Washington D.C. were Cheering all night long!
So many proud young students, people of all ages, one women we met, was in her seventies. All Screaming, WE DID IT! WE DID IT! YES WE CAN! Flags, everywhere! Singing and chanting, God Bless America! and, Na na na na, good bye!

It was really a fabulous night! I'm so glad we went in to town!

Oh Yeah, yes we can!

Sid_Vicious
05-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Steve's point about being over exuberant has some merit. You can bet that there are indeed some plans generating or already in wait by Al-Qaeda following this very event. We certainly do all have the right to be happy, yet there is wisdom in not pounding the victory drums for too long. I personally don't feel that we should show the photos either. Who knows...BL might have actually been responsible for controlling and preventing more rampant attacks than what we've had up until now. I know that may sound radical.

One thing I am very pleased with in this event is that Obama said screw telling the Pakistanis what we were doing. At least Obama didn't screw the pooch like we did in Tora Bora by giving our opportunity away when we had the guy dead to rights. Our president today, Obama, sent our best troops, boots and all, to get the job done. Bravo!!! is absolutely right! Now let's make sure we remain vigilant for what could be happening next. jmho...sid

Stretch
05-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Yes i saw it all unfolding last night. I admit at first i felt a little uneasy about them dumping him at sea. Especialy since there are a lot of peole who would never be satisfied with anything less than a parade through thier home town with his head on a pole. This morning however, when more news came out i could see the wisdom of thier decision in not providing him with a resting place which would then enable him to become a martyr and a focal point for further hate and racism.

Obama is a pretty cool customer. Even while he was being slammed for being too soft and dithering about military matters he was making all the right moves with the right people to weed OB out and spring the trap. Agian, BRAVO!! St.

LWW
05-02-2011, 10:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G. </div></div>

Accepting anything this government tells you without question is a fool's errand.

Steve </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>HOW DARE YOU QUESTION OUR OMNIPOTENT AND OMNISCIENT DEAR LEADER!!!</span>

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 10:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes i saw it all unfolding last night. I admit at first i felt a little uneasy about them dumping him at sea. Especialy since there are a lot of peole who would never be satisfied with anything less than a parade through thier home town with his head on a pole. This morning however, when more news came out i could see the wisdom of thier decision in not providing him with a resting place which would then enable him to become a martyr and a focal point for further hate and racism.

Obama is a pretty cool customer. Even while he was being slammed for being too soft and dithering about military matters he was making all the right moves with the right people to weed OB out and spring the trap. Agian, BRAVO!! St. </div></div>

Absolutely, Stretch,
This president is one kool operator! And yes, we don't want another shrine, to a despot, like there is in Iraq, for Saddam.

I can tell already, that the more info we get, the more impressive, both the operation, and the President, and our forces, will prove to have been.

Last night I heard so many from the media, proclaiming their shock, that they were all together, saturday night, for the Correspondents Dinner, talking with representatives from the Congress, and some from top administration levels, yet not one leak! The media, seemed shocked about that, last night, lol. Just goes to show you, if you don't want leaks, don't tell anyone in the congress, lol.

I think, when the day comes, that we are watching the re-creation of this operation, or perhaps, maybe, even the operation, itself, that it's going to blow our minds, what an incredibly pristine operation, it was.

If you recall, Hillarly went over there, several months ago, coming down on the Pakistani leader, about why we weren't getting more from them.

I don't think we showed our hand to anyone, beyond our operational people, as I understand it, greatly limited to only the top, and top level, CIA, which, those folks, who have worked so hard on this, for decades, would be among the most involved, to keep it quiet.

Some are saying that the real path to this success, was the increased drone attacks, in Afghanistan, by President Obama, which many are saying drove bin Laden into Pakistan, and into the complex, where we got him.

IMO, it could have happened years ago, had we taken a path of special operations, to get him, after 9/11, instead of the illogical distraction of invading Iraq, for what, I still can't fathom, other than oil contracts, for American Oil corps.

We had him cornered, you know, in Tora Bora, and apparently, it wasn't our priority, at the time, to focus solely on the rear threat, since we couldn't get the aid that our special Forces, needed there, at the time, to finish him off. Several books have been written about that Policy FUBAR!

You can bet your life, this president handled this thing so that there would be no possibility, of any credible conspiracy theories, but that won't stop the nutty birther type, radicals among us, I'm sure. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Even Cheney, was out there, giving accolades to the President, LMAO! I nearly dropped, when I heard his statement.

All seem to be out there admitting the huge advantage of getting bin Laden, as so many thought, our country looked incompetent, that this POS was still not dead, or captured.

Like you I think the sea burial, was PERFECT!!! It won't prevent documentation, that's for sure!

A great day for America!
G.

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 10:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ Rather, he was living in luxury in a multi million dollar mansion.

bin Laden was among those firing, and we got him in the left eye,
</div></div>

Multi million dollar mansion? Hardly my idea of a mansion.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Osama-Bin-Laden-Compound/ss/events/wl/050211osamacomp

As for getting shot in the left eye...you will buy anything, won't you? There was a photoshop picture of OBL showing he had been shot in the left eye floating around the internet years ago.

I wonder just how credible your sources really are.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 10:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve's point about being over exuberant has some merit. You can bet that there are indeed some plans generating or already in wait by Al-Qaeda following this very event. We certainly do all have the right to be happy, yet there is wisdom in not pounding the victory drums for too long. I personally don't feel that we should show the photos either. Who knows...BL might have actually been responsible for controlling and preventing more rampant attacks than what we've had up until now. I know that may sound radical.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>My friend, I hardly know what to say, other than, that does sound radical, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif very much so, and you can bet, bin Laden would NEVER have done a damned thing, to prevent attacks, on America!!! </span>

One thing I am very pleased with in this event is that Obama said screw telling the Pakistanis what we were doing. At least Obama didn't screw the pooch like we did in Tora Bora by giving our opportunity away when we had the guy dead to rights. Our president today, Obama, sent our best troops, boots and all, to get the job done. Bravo!!! is absolutely right! Now let's make sure we remain vigilant for what could be happening next. jmho...sid </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> I have no patience for anyone who would be pushing a negative, partisan view point, at this time, or trying to suggest that this HUGE success, isn't absolutely a great day for our country, and for the world.

This success, provides our country with a huge advantage, on many levels.

We had looked pretty damned incompetent, after so many years, of failing to get this filthy SOB, and as for any additional attacks, the threats from Al Qaeda, and radical Muslim's, have never ended.

The president stated, he would smash al Qaeda, AND bin Laden. I believe he will, and I believe that al Qaeda, AND the Taliban, are now, far more likely to believe it, too.

The President, specifically said, that assistance came from the Pakistan Leader, and the story I heard, is that the president didn't tell him anything, until the attack, was about to go down, so as President Obama surely had to notify him, it probably was at the eleventh minute, not the eleventh hour, and the agreement, may just have been an agreement, to do nothing to prevent it, unless, of course, there was more combined efforts, than we know at this time.

I can't think of a single reason, not one, why we wouldn't all be thrilled about this huge success, and my faith, that this president, will go on to smash al Qaeda, is strengthened now, by this proof of President Obama's extremely good judgement, and competence, which I'm sure.... we'll be hearing quite a lot, about, as we go forward.

I'm glad, we have a guy in there, who goes about things with a scalpel, and pristine pre-operation, planning, that ends in success, instead of more, "all hat, no cattle, bravado, and then ending up in a major FUBAR, with no bin Laden!!!

"I don't know where his is, I don't think about him." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Smashing al Qaeda, and the Taliban, will, at the very least, worry the hell out of any of their committed, Death To America, radicals, now that they have all seen, that America, doesn't give up, and eventually, we cut off the snakes head!!!

Good for us! Bad for them. That's what I call a success, after years of bin Laden, making fun of our country, bragging that he brought the towers down, and got away with it!!!

I, for one, am thrilled!!!! But then, I'm not in favor of the "Mission Accomplished!" "Wanted dead or alive" rhetoric. I've always been in favor, of "Walk softly, and carry a big stick", and "Loose lips sink ships"

Even Muslims, around the world are celebrating, as bin Laden, has killed plenty of them, too! Some say 85% of his victims were Muslims.

It seems to me, that it's a rather narrow, point of view, to think we should be cowering right now, instead of thoroughly enjoying this moment!

The radicals weren't going to give up their goals, regardless, but at least now, we don't look incompetent, annd unable to get an SOB, like bin Laden, who bragged that he got away with his disgusting attack on our country.

IMO, huge celebratory events, equal the accomplishment, and this is no question, a day for celebration, not a day to cower, and show suspicion, or start launching more ridiculous Birther like, theories. I know you're not doing that, Martin, but please, feel free to be celebratory.

If there is anyone who can't see this victory, it's because their partisanship and hatred, won't allow it. We have elemenntary DNA proof, more to come, computerized facial comparison, and his wife, identified the body, but no doubt, that won't be enough for the racist idiots, who can't bear to admit to this huge win.

Love,
Gayle</span>

Sev
05-02-2011, 12:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations to Obama, the Seals and all Americans! It we are men enough to critique Obam when he is wrong, let's be men enough to celebrate when he has a victory for all of us!

God Bless America! </div></div>

Tap, Tap, Tap, Dee. It truly is a victory for all of us, and for the world! Partiotic Americans are full of pride, today.

Yes, I heard the same thing, they didn't want a place for any terrorists, to visit and hold as a location, for honoring bin Laden, as resulted, when Saddam, was burried in Iraq. His grave is now a national landmark, for those who were always on his side.

As I understand it, yes, bin Laden, was burried at sea, but honoring the Muslim burial tenents. Good thinking. Give the radical Muslims, nothing to harp about, that thhey won't already try to use.

They took bin Laden's sister's brain, when she died here, undergoing treatment for cancer, in NY, so that they would have the tissue material to perform DNA tests, with speed and accuracy.

Special Forces!!! Bravo! Always thought using special forces would be the the right way to go.

I am inspired to learn of all those in the Middle East, who flooded the streets, to celebrate this great moment.

Sad to think that ANY Americans, would immediately resort to partisan criticism, IMO.

One of our own wounded soldiers, told me that when he met this president, in the hospital, he mentioned to him that he wanted our country to get bin Laden, and he said, that the President, that day, in the hospital, took his one hand into into both hands, leaned in close to him, and looked him right in the eye, and said, Rest assured, WE WILL GET BIN LADEN! OF THAT YOU MAY BE SURE!"

This fellow, said to me, "I KNOW THIS GUY IS GOING TO DO IT! When he does, it'll all be worth it," referencing his own injuries.

I wonder if people realize how much this means to our great soldiers? That alone, is enough to give me great satisfaction!

Commentary I've heard today, from some of our insiders, and former Intelligence experts, tells the story of a President who abandoned public bravado, and focused on performance, instead, in keeping his vow, of getting bin Laden.

He told all of us during the campaign, AND his top Military, and top level administration officials, that getting bin Laden, was his chief goal.

He has kept that campaign promise, no talk, just action, and little to no public statements, in the interest of the huge effort, which was going on behind the scenes.

To think that we have any Americans who cannot come together today, but rather, would turn immediately to their usual partisan, irrational conspiracy theories, and distrust, well, it surely grieves me to see it, given the huge emotional relief, and pride, which so many others around the world, are celebrating, particularly, our troops, and our survivors of those lost on 9/11.

G. </div></div>

Well the war is over.
Mission accomplished.
Lets bring all the troops home.

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 12:46 PM
CIA DNA proves absolutely, 100%, everything matches, including the more in depth DNA tests.

Great!

G.

Sev
05-02-2011, 12:49 PM
It appears they knew where Osama was 8 months ago.

Political triangulation to coincide with the launching of Obama's internet reelection campaign???

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 12:59 PM
More good news, "Oil falls upon news of bin Laden's death!!!" to quote the headline.

New York Mayor, On annnouncement of bin Laden's death:

"New Yorkers have waited nearly ten years for this news!"

Whoopie!

Sev
05-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Looks like the woman used as a human shield was Osama's wife.

A scum bag to the end.

wolfdancer
05-02-2011, 01:37 PM
you mean kind of like the years ago hostage release which was delayed and timed to make the President look good?

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Nothing could ruin this day for me! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eg8r
05-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Definitely good news. Hopefully we will see it at the pumps.

Sev
05-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Osama has nothing to do with the flow of Oil.
Keep in mind OPEC has cut production and Kadaffi's son was just killed. Kadaffi is a loose cannon and I would not put it past him to blow his oil fields if he can get people in place.

Summer is also on the way and gas prices always rise.

wolfdancer
05-02-2011, 02:06 PM
I would have guessed that most Americans would have been pleased the OBL was finally dealt with; especially families nad loved ones of the many victims of 9/11. Even had it happened on GWB's watch,
Apparently, some here view this as political, and not retribution?
I would have also been:
xxx (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUZyX8qQgvE&feature=player_detailpage)

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 02:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have guessed that most Americans would have been pleased the OBL was finally dealt with; especially families nad loved ones of the many victims of 9/11. Even had it happened on GWB's watch,
Apparently, some here view this as political, and not retribution?
I would have also been:
xxx (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUZyX8qQgvE&feature=player_detailpage)

</div></div>

I think the vast majority of Americans, are thrilled!

Spontaneous celebrations here, and around the world!

We were all dancing in the streets, last night, both here and in front of the White House, and elsewhere.

I didn't get there until the wee hours of the morning, and the crowd was still there!

So many don't seem to realize, that our kids were in grade school, when they were watching those awful pictures, WTC falling, planes crashing into them, "Death To Americans" everywhere, and hearing all of the other fear mongering.

Now, just imagine how many troops, enlisted because they were inspired over thoughts of helping to get bin Laden, and al Qaeda!

They ended up in Iraq, scratching their heads, wondering how the hell they ended up there!!!

All patriotic Americans, are happy, today, those who are AGAINST ALL ENEMIES.... FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

As Hillary said, it's not the end of the War On Terror, but a great accomplishment, after nearly ten years, of hoping and waiting, and I'm so glad, under President Obama's LEADERSHIP, we finally did it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif We cut the head off the snake, and now, for the rest of it.

I'm thinking, this may not be the end of our coming successes in Pakistan. I'm sure, they got plenty of intelligence, out of there, and there are supposed to be at least, another ten to fifteen other top level al Qaeda, that have been "Droned" out of Afghanistan, supposedly, still in Pakistan.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised, if there isn't more good news out of Pakistan, this week.

I'm so glad, they have all of the proof, they need, to prove that it's 100% factual, that they got him...

I suppose the conspiracy whackos, will be denying all of it, anyway.

Who cares? The more they run their mouths, the dumber they look.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I'm surprised, The Donald, hasn't already made some sort of Snarky throw up, already! Guess he's too busy re-directing his hair, and burning his tax forms, and bankruptsey docs, LMAO!

G.

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't think anyone is not pleased that OBL is gone. But, let's face it...he has been completely ineffective since he went into hiding. This is a feel good moment for Americans, but is not going to change much of anything. And I encourage caution for anyone who thinks otherwise, to reconsider. OBL almost surely had put in place a plan to attack the west if anything happened to him.

And yes, I believe Obama will use this for maximum political gain. That is who he is.

I would love to see all the credit going to the Navy SEALS and all the support teams who actually put together this plan and carried it out. The fact that Obama "gave his blessings" for them to move ahead is reletively insignificant...but Obama is going to use this to try and boost his political position.

You and agree, or not, but that is just the way I see it. My "Kudus" are reserved for the military heros who got the job done, not for the suit in the White House.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 02:50 PM
A correction.

WE didn't notify Pakistani's, until we were out of there, LOL! KOOL!

Earlier, they were sayng Pakistan was notified at the last moment.

W.H. Homeland Security Director John Brennan, stated that with this success, and the turn around in the Middle East, outbreaks, by protestors, demanding the end to dictatorships, fighting, for peace, and willing to give their lives, for human rights, and dignity, our chances for smashing al Qaeda are far greater, after this stragegic blow, to al Qaeda!

Also, he touched on the fact of the two faced Pakistani Leaders.

He stated that it was inconceivable, that bin Laden, could have been there, without their knowledge.

He is predicting a huge change, in dealing with the Pakistani government.

Sounds to me like this operation, will lead to more pressure on these corrupt Pakistani leaders, who change shirts according to their moods.

They want their cake and eat it too, our money, and their right to rip us off when they desire it.

There will probably be some good changes in the way we handle these guys...

Info sould be far more interesting, by tonight!

Too many Pakistani's have been killed by al Qaeda, and the Taliban, and hence, Pakistan will be re-thinking their former on/off support for getting rid of radical groups, now that their gig is up.

Brennan is giving great information, very straightt forward, no stone walling!

I wonder who is going to make the first movie on this unprecedented, hugely successful, gutsy, yet maticulously well planned, well led, fantastic, covert operation, by the Obama Administration!

I am glued! LOL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Update!!!

In the White House Briefing, it was explained that the President laid out all of the particulars, of how this process would have to be handled!

Nothing like fabulous Leadership!!!

The operation was conducted, flawlessly, in spite of the copter loss, BECAUSE, the President, was fully involved in the process of planniing, and had put into place, and insisted on firm contingency plans.

The President, laid out all of the perameters, and they were followed to the utmost.

Our big break came some time back, when we discovered the code name, for bin Laden.

Statement: We have made sure no one can create any "conspiracy" theories! YEAH!

The compound was in the name of one of the couriers.

I can't wait to hear all of it. Probably won't be until other operations there, are complete.

John Brenan gave a fabulous White House Briefing.

Whoopie! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sev
05-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale cheap.

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 03:23 PM
The President will make more comments, this evening.

G.

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Anyone who thinks that a Harvard Lawyer/community organizer has the ability to plan a military operation like this isn't firing on all 8 cylindars.

I suspect his military leaders told him what needed to be done, and he rubber stamped the whole thing.

Steve

llotter
05-02-2011, 05:06 PM
The Pathetic Moron takes credit for what everyone knows is not his due. Using his model of how to fight a war, no information obtained under questioning without a lawyer present, is not admissible in court and therefore cannot be used to our advantage. And, of course, no such information is reliable so it makes no sense to act upon it. It won't be long before those interrogators will find themselves in court along the whoever actually shot bin Laden for excessive use of force. I wonder how many innocent civilians were harmed or killed in this illegal action. The Moron is above the law, and to be celebrated, no less.

wolfdancer
05-02-2011, 05:18 PM
I would say that you are probably, absolutely, 100% correct in your assumption. In the last 100 years I think only Ike and JFK had any real combat training, and only Ike at the high command level. Therefore, I doubt that President Obama planned the military operation by himself; instead, leaving that up to the professionals that he had appointed. He would have had to have been "in the loop" though, and may had given, or at least approved the order to proceed?
Knute Rockne may have been idolized for Notre Dame's legendary football teams, but he never caught, nor threw a pass, or gained even one yard running the football.
Give Obama his due for having the huevos to give the go ahead on the plan.
While you and yer " that's a 10-4, good buddy, lww" are trying to
even put him down for delaying the operation, I don't either of you two have any tactical operations experience. I sure don't, but then I'm not knocking the success of this operation, nor the time involved to plan it.

sack316
05-02-2011, 05:42 PM
(reply to no one in particular):

I say kudos, congrats, and thank you to whoever may have had any hand in it... no matter how big or small. None of us really know the entire story from beginning to end with all the gaps filled in the middle. For the sake of certain confidentiality and strategic reasons, it's probably best that way.

No singular person deserves all or even most of the credit. The job was done over a long period of time with the help of who knows how many people. And each and every one of those persons deserves our gratitude for providing at least some degree of closure for the tragedy our country suffered.

From the tippy top of Obama/Bush/whoever all the way down to the person who shakes a soldier's hand and buys them a beer when they are home on leave... this is some form of victory for each and every one of us. No partisanship, no this side-that side... it's a great day for America, period.

Sack

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm glad we can agree on that. I only pointed it out when someone else tried to claim that Obama was responsible for the planning and implimation of the operation

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The operation was conducted, flawlessly, in spite of the copter loss, BECAUSE, the President, was fully involved in the process of planniing, and had put into place, and insisted on firm contingency plans.

The President, laid out all of the perameters, and they were followed to the utmost.

</div></div>

As for military strategic planning, I wouldn't begin to claim any expertise in ground operations. I was trained in oceangoing strategy, but I wouldn't begin to plan a major operation, although I might possibly have something of substance to contribute to a discussion along those lines.

Steve

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 05:56 PM
You are correct, Sack. An operation of this scope is far more than one team of SEALS. All of the planning and operational support that went into it had to be just as flawless as the final assault.

Having been there, I do understand just how many people are involved in any military operation, and how important even the most insignificant seeming part can make a huge difference.

Our military is the finest in the world, and can perform just about anything when the politicians get out of their way and let them do what they are trained to do.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-02-2011, 07:00 PM
"although I might possibly have something of substance to contribute to a discussion along those lines."
I have no doubt that you would think along those lines, even though our military strategists, who routinely make such hi level command decisions attend "war college", and study military tactics of such historical figures as Attila the Hun, Gengis Khan, and Geronomio,.. and our modern day war planners..Patton, MacArther, Eisenhower, etc...plus study every famous battle that played a major role in history.....
You state that you would be able to advise our military....????
Anything in your illustrious background to support such a claim?
Did you attend the Coast Guard Academy, in New London, Conn,as a cadet, and complete your training? I remember that you wrote you had been assigned there

Sid_Vicious
05-02-2011, 07:57 PM
We have a solidly intelligent and effective president now. Nice change ain't it ;-) What happens now in the aftermath of BL's death will be dealt with by the same intelligence, assuming Obama is still in charge. sid

wolfdancer
05-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Sid, it's hard to believe the comments made here against our POTUS, after one of America's enemies has been eliminated, and on his watch. Had this been accomplished during the Bush Presidency, we all would have said "well done, Mr. President", or something along those lines.

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 08:22 PM
4 years up on the hill overlooking the Thames.
Not to mention training with the Navy at Little Creek.
Top Secret Crypto clearance.

Doesn't quite fit your image of a Bubba, does it?

Sorry to disappoint you.

Steve

pooltchr
05-02-2011, 08:27 PM
And when I say training with the Navy, you don't want to know who the trainer was.
One of my best friends is still training the Navy...only he is training the pilots.

I could plot a full battle plan in under 2 minutes in my younger days...probably not so much any more.

(Only because you asked)

Steve

wolfdancer
05-02-2011, 08:50 PM
it really doesn't,... especially the Crypto clearance.
mind blowing almost....no wonder we lost the cold war...lol
I've seen the Coast Guard Training ship, The Eagle, under full sail, and know of it's history as the SSS Horst Wessel...well, knew it was a captured Nazi ship, but didn't know until now, it's original name. I once had a civil service job in Boston, working for the Coast Guard. I ran the buoy battery shop....a one man operation....

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 09:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Pathetic Moron takes credit for what everyone knows is not his due. Using his model of how to fight a war, no information obtained under questioning without a lawyer present, is not admissible in court and therefore cannot be used to our advantage. And, of course, no such information is reliable so it makes no sense to act upon it. It won't be long before those interrogators will find themselves in court along the whoever actually shot bin Laden for excessive use of force. I wonder how many innocent civilians were harmed or killed in this illegal action. The Moron is above the law, and to be celebrated, no less. </div></div>

BWA HA HA HA...

You really are hilarious!!!

Gayle in MD
05-02-2011, 11:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(reply to no one in particular):

I say kudos, congrats, and thank you to whoever may have had any hand in it... no matter how big or small. None of us really know the entire story from beginning to end with all the gaps filled in the middle. For the sake of certain confidentiality and strategic reasons, it's probably best that way.

No singular person deserves all or even most of the credit. The job was done over a long period of time with the help of who knows how many people. And each and every one of those persons deserves our gratitude for providing at least some degree of closure for the tragedy our country suffered.

From the tippy top of Obama/Bush/whoever all the way down to the person who shakes a soldier's hand and buys them a beer when they are home on leave... this is some form of victory for each and every one of us. No partisanship, no this side-that side... it's a great day for America, period.

Sack </div></div>

Good post, Sack, but,...we do know which president, finally got bin Laden, and we do know, how much it has meant to more of the people in this country, and to the survivors of those killed, on 0/11.

Our Special Forces, and the president, imo, deserve the most appreciation, for this success.

"No singular person deserves all or even most of the credit."

I do take issue with this statement. There is only ONE Commander in Chief, and all of the most important foreign affairs, decisions, are his decisions, as Bush, "the decider" told us so many times.

As Truman, made very clear with, "The buck stops here"

And I find it amazing, that while the Republicans are quick to accuse this President, of not having "leadership skills" that when it becomes clear as a bell, that he has loads of Leadership skill, suddenly, undeniable leadership, is reduced to no more important, to the mission, than the guy at the bar, who is buying a soldier a beer? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I hope you get the chance to listen to the statements made today, by our top terrorist CZAR, Brennan, at Homeland Security.

The biggest manhunt in history, cannot be reduced to mere chance. Obama, set the goal, which bush abandoned.

"I don't know where he is. He's hiding. I don't think about him."

This is what he said about the mann who led the worst attack on America, in the history of this country.

John Brennan tells a story of a President, who listens to all of his advisors, brings them together to form a cohesive, committed coalition, encourages throughout the process, their full, and honest input and advice, takes the time to study and contemplate each suggestion, and then goes back to them and gives them the perameters of what must they must have iin place, in order to accomplish success.

HE tells THEM what must be practiced, polished and in place, before we put our Special Forces at risk.

HE tells THEM, how to make sure, that we, as a country, and he, as a president, do not go off half cocked, and suffer unexpected consequences, which would lead to making a colossal mess, in the long run.

I think it is clear, to most Americans, that we have a President with the utmost qualifications for his office, because he has proved it, over and over, and this success, proves it once again.

I think that whenever our country succeeds at a mission which is as important to so many Americans, as getting and killing bin Laden, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>as was clearly demonstrated all night long, last night, across this country,</span> a president, who accomplishes something that <span style='font-size: 14pt'>two president's before him tried and failed to accomplish, and two before that, who either created bin Laden, or ignored completely, both of whom, failed to address, bin Laden, or his growing threats, at all,</span> than minimizing a huge success, such as finally getting the man behind our attack, on 9/11, Is really shitty!

bin Laden, is the man who secures financing for many terror groups, the man who has inspired them, recruited them, and led them and their predessors.

I would never be so partisan, as to minimize a President, when he ahcieves something that deserves every accolade which I and so many others, have bestowed upon him.

I also think, a great president, listens to all of his advisors, knows how to bring the best available, and most committed, together, to form a team of committed, cohesive experts into his cabinet, capable of long sessions, of brain storming together, offering to him their best outline, of what to do, and how they think he should to do it, that that is excellent, executive leadership.

After all of those important p[lans and suggestions have been presented, it is ONLY the president, who makes the decisions, sets the "Must Do Before We launch" list, the... "NOT UNTIL WE HAVE ALL THE FACTS, and accomplish thus annd so" list.

AND, lays out the limits and perameters, which must be in place, and finally, says, "OK, THIS IS IT" then that man, IS THE LEADER, and the LEADER, is the person who deserves the most credit, for success, because his is the decision, that makes it, or breaks it, ultimately.

It is, IMO, either insane, or unpatriotically partisan, sour grapes, and sheer denial, that anyone would think that this moment of incredible success, of an extremely difficult, and supremely important mission, one which many experts are calling an "Incredibly well planned, well organized and flawless performance" could ever have happened, without the Leadership of an exceptional man, in this case, President Obama, who led his Staff, and his military special operations to this great success.

I think we've seen the difference between going only by gut decisions, and going by the gut, with no stone left unturned, no advisor left unheard, or ignored, and no presumption of ease of success, assumed.

If I am misjudgeing the thrust of your post, than I apologize in advance, but originally, you seemd to me to have a fair and partiotic critique of our mutual celebration of success, but now, to me atleast, you seem to have been influenced, by the RW bashers, seem to be minimizing the President's importance, in leading our country, and our forces, to this great success.

Again, if I have misread your meaning in your statements, I do apologize.

Love,
Gayle

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Andy Borowitz has a good article on that:
2012 Election Cancelled
Obama Buoyed by 100 Percent Approval Rating

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – In what historians are calling an unprecedented development in American politics, both major parties decided today to cancel the 2012 election.

The decision to scrap the 2012 contest came on the heels of a new poll showing President Barack Obama with an approval rating of one hundred percent, believed to be a record high for an American president.

Mr. Obama even polled well among Republicans, with a majority of GOP voters agreeing with the statement, “I no longer care that he wasn’t born here.”

The new bipartisan spirit sweeping the nation was captured well by House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), who tearfully told reporters, “This is a great day for America… oh, leave me alone, goddamn it.”

Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump made no official announcement, but sources said he was considering running for Prime Minister of Canada.

The cancellation of the election comes in the aftermath of the death of Osama bin Laden, whose last words reportedly were, “I knew I shouldn’t have signed up for Foursquare.”

Of all the major news networks, Fox News did not report news of bin Laden’s death, saying that it would air cartoons “until further notice.”

In Libya, Colonel Muammar Gaddafi issued the following official statement: “Uh-oh.”

In North Korea, President Kim Jong-Il said this: “I have lost my last friend on Facebook.”

And in Wasilla, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin said this: “We must find and kill Osama bin Laden.”

sack316
05-03-2011, 02:56 AM

I do take issue with this statement. There is only ONE Commander in Chief, and all of the most important foreign affairs, decisions, are his decisions, as Bush, "the decider" told us so many times.

</div></div>

I must admit, in my current state this evening(morning) I stopped my reading here. If we read all the intel available in filling in the gaps... we find a messenger's codename was the beginning of the domino's crumbling for Mr. Bin Laden. This codename was discovered, if I am not mistaken, in 2005. From accounts I have heard from military sources, and read independently it took 2 years to discover the identity of "Codename _________". Which would be somewhere in 2007. It was the following of this messenger which led us to Osama.

Now, I am fully willing to give partial, equal, and<u> perhaps</u> even more credit to President Obama for planning and executing the initiative that took him down in the end. And hey, mucho gracias to our president for doing it in a relatively timely fashion (by his own account 10 months as opposed to 8 years of failed attempts).

But I'm more apt to take the full victory for America, without partisan bullshit, than I am to give credit to any one person. I'll give credit where credit is due... and I give MUCH credit to President Obama for doing what he did. Both A) for taking time to make extra sure the intel was legit and B) for giving the green light when it was. No Doubt about that! Here here Obama!!! And he is more than deserving of our praises!

But sorry, I won't give it to him alone...

Sack

sack316
05-03-2011, 03:14 AM
If I am misjudgeing the thrust of your post, than I apologize in advance, but originally, you seemd to me to have a fair and partiotic critique of our mutual celebration of success, but now, to me atleast, you seem to have been influenced, by the RW bashers, seem to be minimizing the President's importance, in leading our country, and our forces, to this great success.

Love,
Gayle

</div></div>

And now, I have gone back and read the rest of your post, and I do think perhaps you did misjudge the thrust of what I said... and perhaps I myself I was too quick to judge in my last response myself... for which you have my apologies as well.

To be clear, I do not intend to minimalize or discount president Obama's role at all. Quite the contrary, actually. I think he deserves SO much credit. He stuck by the plan, actually following a blueprint that many of his backers were against. It took balls and great political risk to even be doing what it took to get where we are. He could easily have said "hey let's pull out", won another peace prize and likely won re-election just by bringing troops home. That would be the "easy" thing to do. BUT... he manned up, took the situation handed to him, and made the absolute best net result we could imagine!

I'll knock him for many things... but in this instance I personally feel (and I'm sure many will disagree) that he kept track with something he may not have agreed with himself, and made the most of it. Like when a scotch doubles partner tries to run out, when you know they shoulda played safe... they make a ball and leave you hard as hell... but you go ahead and go for it and make that crazy shot that just might get you out. That's what I think Obama did. And I respect the hell out of him for it.

Sack

Gayle in MD
05-03-2011, 08:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

I must admit, in my current state this evening(morning) I stopped my reading here. If we read all the intel available in filling in the gaps... we find a messenger's codename was the beginning of the domino's crumbling for Mr. Bin Laden. This codename was discovered, if I am not mistaken, in 2005. From accounts I have heard from military sources, and read independently it took 2 years to discover the identity of "Codename _________". Which would be somewhere in 2007. It was the following of this messenger which led us to Osama.

Now, I am fully willing to give partial, equal, and<u> perhaps</u> even more credit to President Obama for planning and executing the initiative that took him down in the end. And hey, mucho gracias to our president for doing it in a relatively timely fashion (by his own account 10 months as opposed to 8 years of failed attempts).

But I'm more apt to take the full victory for America, without partisan bullshit, than I am to give credit to any one person. I'll give credit where credit is due... and I give MUCH credit to President Obama for doing what he did. Both A) for taking time to make extra sure the intel was legit and B) for giving the green light when it was. No Doubt about that! Here here Obama!!! And he is more than deserving of our praises!

But sorry, I won't give it to him alone...

Sack </div></div>

I never suggested that he could have succeeded without the expertise of all of his appointed advisors, I'm suggesting, this.

If we had the info, in 05, and Brennan says he had been living there as early as 06, and at that time, the Bush Administration was saying things like,

"I don't know where he is. He's hiding. I don't think about him."

And they surely fell silent about getting him, during that time, and conveyed that he was no longer their focus, and focused instead, on Iraq, then I don't give them any credit, for this success. They had several years, apparently, after they are saying they tortured this code name out of people, so why were they saying, during that time, that ....

"I don't think about him!"

Clearly, their focus was not to zone in on getting the man who is the, as Rice said this morning, "Heart and soul of al qaeda?

After all, didn't the Bush administration say there was a connection between Iraq, and al Qaeda, and then admit later, that there was none, and thenn proceed to change over and over, the terms of the mission????

Four generals, said the same thing, in the last several hours, that intel, gotten years ago, in one of the Bush Administrations Secret Locations, was not the reason, why this mission, came about, including the assistant to the President, for homeland security, and counter terrorism, John Brennan.
He also said the code name did not come from waterboading prisoners....when asked that question, this morning, by Joe Scarborough.

I am not politicizing the success of the mission, I am not even accusing you of anything, I am jnoticing the politisizing of others, already, and just noticing, there is already a push, to link this success, to the Bush Administrations, torture program, which, according to what I am hearing, was not instrumental, ANd did not occur at Gitmo, nor under torture.

And, additionally, I am saying, that the President sets his policy, and the rest, meet his direction. It seems, already, the right is at work, attempting to minimize that fact.

Obama was bashed for it when he stated that this would be his policy, if he was elected, now, as always, failure is an orphan, while success has a million fathers, so to speak.

Have you, yourself, noticed any of what I am addressing?

Additionally, none of what has occured, would have occured, without the current policy, so to me, to say the credit does not go mostly to the President, seems partisan to me.

Please recall, that I did apologize, in advance of addressing this, if I had misunderstood, your drift.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-03-2011, 08:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Love,
Gayle

</div></div>

And now, I have gone back and read the rest of your post, and I do think perhaps you did misjudge the thrust of what I said... and perhaps I myself I was too quick to judge in my last response myself... for which you have my apologies as well.

To be clear, I do not intend to minimalize or discount president Obama's role at all. Quite the contrary, actually. I think he deserves SO much credit. He stuck by the plan, actually following a blueprint that many of his backers were against. It took balls and great political risk to even be doing what it took to get where we are. He could easily have said "hey let's pull out", won another peace prize and likely won re-election just by bringing troops home. That would be the "easy" thing to do. BUT... he manned up, took the situation handed to him, and made the absolute best net result we could imagine!

I'll knock him for many things... but in this instance I personally feel (and I'm sure many will disagree) that he kept track with something he may not have agreed with himself, and made the most of it. Like when a scotch doubles partner tries to run out, when you know they shoulda played safe... they make a ball and leave you hard as hell... but you go ahead and go for it and make that crazy shot that just might get you out. That's what I think Obama did. And I respect the hell out of him for it.

Sack </div></div>

Sack,
I answered your post before this one, before I read this one, so disregard it, but, just in case you might be interested, here is what was talked about this morning, on Morning Joe.

I think it may give you some insight, that he did agree, with this action, and policy, and intended it from all the way back to his campaign, even wrote about it in an editorial, ten years ago, whic suggest, how long ago, and how determined, and attached to this policy, and action, the President really was.

Again, this is not meant to be anything but some info about the mission, that I think, shines a lot of light upon how, and why, it happened, and how President Obama's stated policy, of using Special Forces, and getting biin Laden, in this very manner, was set in stone.

Beginning with the question, Mikka asked the Brennan, the presidents, counter terrorist advisor with Homeland Security.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When asked by Mikka, on Morning Joe:

Mikka:

"So, we've been talking about the different details, and methods that led up to this moment, and obviously there is word out today that waterboarding played a very big role, or a roll in actually getting the information that was integral in finding bin Laden. Is that the case?"

Brennan:

"Not to my knowledge. The information that was acquired over the course of nine years or so came from many different sources, human sources, technical sources, as well as information that detainees provided, and it was something that as a result of pains taking work that the anaylists did, they pieced it all together, that led us to the compound, last year, and resulted in the very successful operation, on sunday."

Joe Scarborough:

Mr. Brennan, can you, could you go into that a little bit because
the intel community I believe, unfairly, for the past quarter century, has been evicorate for everything that goes wrong, but to piece together what they've been able to piece together, and of course you've been through it yourself, for years, but to be able to piece together all of this intel, when you were flooded everyday with so much information, it was a remarkable achievement by the intelligence community, wasn't it?

Absolutely, I think it was one of the most outstanding examples of sheer determination on the part of Americans who work everyday in the counter terrorism community, intelligence, law inforcement, others, and by piecing these pieces together, and led them to the Aboddabodd compound, it really was a fantastic example of interagency cooperation, but also the work of the anaylists who have stayed on this job since 9/11, and many before, to bring biin Laden to justice."

Barnacle Bill:

"Mr. Brennan, clearly bin Laden has been on your screen for over a decade, what do you attribute, or do you attribute to the fact that when he was found, when the Seals landed, and the operation began, there was such a lack of personal security around bin Laden, in that compound?"

"Well to use the term, hiding in plain sight, eventhough the compound itself, was secure, from the standpoint of high walls, barbed wire, there was no visible security measures as far as senturies or outlooks, or whatever, I think they were trying to minimize attention being brought to the compound, we have a lot of questions on how it was able to be there for so many years with bin Laden a resident there, and didn't come to the attention of the local authorities, the Pakistani officials that we've talked to have the same questions, their conducting an investigation. We have to understand the kind of network, that bin Laden might have had in place, but I guess he made a decision that it was easier to hid in a place like abboddabod, rather than hiding in the mountains in Pakistan, or afghanistan, were we have been quite successful in destroying the network of al Qaeda's operatives, trainers and capabilities.

Barnacle Bill:

"Do you know how long he's been living there?"

Brennan:

"It's our information that he's been lving there for as long as six years."

Brokaw chimes in:

"Yeah, well the other piece of it, ah, Mr. Brennan was saying to me, ah, you were able to get in and get out of there before the Pakistani's could scramble their jets, and be aware that there was a military operation going on, as one of our collegues here said yesterday, effectively, in Bedford NY, which is less than an hour away from NYC, that we were able to make that kind of penatration, it seems to me that that says something about the Pakistani Military, that's not that complimentary."

Brennan:

"I think it says most about our capabilities. The president was very, very pointed, whe he directed us to put together courses of action that was going to maximize chances of mission success, and minimize the risks to our assaulters. This was painstakingly put together. It was done in a surperb fashion, taking into account what the Pakistani's capabilities were to detect us going in, minimize the chances of engagement with local forces. that was one of the reasons why it was so tense in the situation room, as we were monitoring the situation, not just what was going on in the comppound but what we might be seeing coming toward the compound during those forty minutes, and the time it took for us to actually depart Pakistan, and it was done with outstanding skill and professionalism."

Brokaw:

"Can you characterize for us, even generally, the nature of what we heard was a wealth of intel that you got out of the compound, papers, computers, and other material.

Brennan:

Well, as you point out there was material that we were able to acquire during the time on the on the compound, that we are right now, going through, exploiting, whether it be material papers, whatever else, as well as what we call magnetic media what we're trying to do is exploit it from the stand point of seeing whether or not it gives us some insight into terrorist plots that might be underway in Pakistan, al Qaeda, and other terrorist plots that might be underway around the world, so we're moving on that expeditiously.

</div></div>

Gayle in MD
05-03-2011, 09:28 AM

Love,
Gayle

</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

Sack,
No problem about that...BTW,

David Remnick, of the New Yorker, told the story this morning, of how, ten years ago, when President Obama, wasn't even a Senator, he was asked to write an op-ed, about terrorism, and how we should handle it, this around the time of the invasion of Iraq, which he was always against, and Obama back ten years ago, laid out the very policy, which he has followed, so far, throughout his current administration.

This very policy, of how he addresses terrorist threats, and how we should go about getting bin Laden, and smashing al Qaeda, is presented,by him, in that artical, precisely as he has stated both before his election, and throughout his campaign, and which he has created in his current administration, and the same lynchpin, and standard, he used for this current success in Pakistan.

You can see it now, on the clips on MSNBC, Joe Sarborough's program, of this morning. And, also, Brennan's interview, in which he states, that the Bush torture program, did not produce the big revelation, which is being claimed by the right, including Cheney.

Also, the interview where Rice states, that bin laden, is the heart and soul of al Qaeda! The inspiration for cells around the world.

G.

pooltchr
05-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Just because the Bush administration didn't inform you of their every move regarding OBL, does not mean they weren't working on getting him. Obama didn't say a whole lot about him over the past two years either. Things like that are usually best left unspoken.
There's an old saying about loose lips sinking ships.

Sorry that you feel like you were left out of the loop.

Steve

LWW
05-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Didn't we have a couple leftists here recently swearing that AQ didn't really exist?

pooltchr
05-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Now that you mention it, that does seem to ring a bell.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Since Presidents are the CinC, the credit for any successful battle victory is usually attributed to the POTUS. As an example neither FDR,nor HST actually fought in WWII, but they are given credit for leading the country to victory. It is understood by all (or most????), that they take that credit as a representative for the actual soldiers engaged in battle.
Innocent civilians are often "casualties of war", and unless we surrender to our enemies, President Obama won't be bought to any Nuremberg like trial for his role.
The gist of his post, it seems, is that President Obama does not deserve any credit for the successful outcome of the operation, but should be held accountable for any civilian casualties.
Suggested reading for lotter: Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

Sev
05-03-2011, 01:52 PM
As I recall FDR and HST talked about the greatness of America and our fighting men. Not himself.

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 02:28 PM
My post was not about FDR giving credit, where credit was due....but your carping, un-American like, reply about President Obama is just sour grapes.
But, if you want to give Bush the credit for removing OBL....be my guest.....
This was a win for America....but you want to turn it to a defeat for President Obama.....run it up a flagpole, and see how many will salute it.

llotter
05-03-2011, 03:14 PM
I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of The Pathetic Moron and those on the Left by holding them to the same standard that they held up for GWB. Now, however, the Left wants to be held to the standard that they are previously said was totally inappropriate...a complete 180.

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 03:23 PM
And I don't give a rat's *** about your own moronic claims. If I could print them on a roll of t.p., I'd wipe my butt with them.
You waz merely pointing out.....your usual dribble, and biased assessment of anything Obama. Run that up the azb flagpole and they'll probably salute both it and you...

Gayle in MD
05-03-2011, 06:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of The Pathetic Moron and those on the Left by holding them to the same standard that they held up for GWB. Now, however, the Left wants to be held to the standard that they are previously said was totally inappropriate...a complete 180. </div></div>

And what standard might that be???

Excactly what did we accuse Bush of wrongly doing, that you are now accusing us of giving President Obama, a bye for doing.

Be specific!

WE DID NOT GET ANY INFORMATION FROM THE BUSH TORTURE POLICY, NOR ANYTHING, AT ALL, THAT LED TO ANY CAPTURES, or KILLING OF TERRORISTS.

NOR WAS ANYTHING AT ALL, FROM THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION, INVOLVED IN ANY WAY, WITH PRESIDENT OBAMA, GETTING BIN LADEN!

THOSE ARE THE FACTS!

G.

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Gayle, don't waste your time. Rather then appreciate the news about OBL, he/they want to use it... to discredit President Obama, while somehow crediting Bush?
I credit our military leaders, and the brave men that undertook the mission, and successfully completed it.
I doubt if President Obama wants any personal credit for the mission, say like Bush's "Mission Accomplished"
At least President Obama didn't "dress for the occasion"
http://m2.wnymedia.net/files/2011/05/05-01-11-Bush-Mission-Accomplished-236x300.jpg

Gayle in MD
05-03-2011, 07:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, don't waste your time. Rather then appreciate the news about OBL, he/they want to use it... to discredit President Obama, while somehow crediting Bush?
I credit our military leaders, and the brave men that undertook the mission, ans successfully completed it. </div></div>

Yes, I credit all of them too, and I also KNOW, that none of it would have, or could have happened, without the President's policies, direction and oversight of the mission, and the decision to take the calculated risk, and complete the mission, excellently.

The Presidnet has proven his clear thinking and good judgement, and this isn't the first time he has done so. He was also the person, who succeeded in getting the pirates, remember?

the right is pissed, because they are stuck, with not one single vaiable candidate, and after they yapped about making obama, a one term president, they are abbout to have to gulp down, yet another failure.

The absurdity, of Bush officials trying to take any credit for the success of this great and important mission, is really the final blow, to the Bush Administratin since they are failing to take any respnsibility for their FUBAR administration, and failed to show any remorse for their many failures. and the mess they left behind them.

They don't even have the decency, to step back with a little remorse, for what they did to our country, and our reputation, and their total failure, to get bin laden, so now, they are right back out there lying, and tryng to take credit, for what was clearly, Presiden't Obama's mission, with NO intelligence, of any value, having come from their disgraceful torture program.
MORE CHENEY/ROVE FILTHY LIES, AND LACK OF DECENCY.

CONSERVATIVES WITHOUT CONSCIENCE!

LWW
05-04-2011, 01:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt if President Obama wants any personal credit for the mission, say like Bush's "Mission Accomplished" </div></div>

That's probably why he used the word "I" ten times, he used the word "me" three times ... the word "mine" five times ... the word "my" three times during his announcement..

wolfdancer
05-04-2011, 01:56 AM
You have a problem with the success of the mission.....there are plenty of right wing sites to post your complaints on. Outside of giving the order to get OBL, most Americans would know that was the extent of his involvement,

LWW
05-04-2011, 03:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a problem with the success of the mission.....there are plenty of right wing sites to post your complaints on. Outside of giving the order to get OBL, most Americans would know that was the extent of his involvement,
</div></div>

No.

I have a problem with you posting falsehoods and then using weasel words to try and act as if you never stated the wrong thing in the first place.

The bottom line is that the data shows Obama drug his feet until there was a near palace revolt ... then couldn't wait to take full credit for everything ... followed by the O-cult proclaiming that HE AND ONLY HE did it.

Gayle in MD
05-04-2011, 05:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of The Pathetic Moron and those on the Left by holding them to the same standard that they held up for GWB. Now, however, the Left wants to be held to the standard that they are previously said was totally inappropriate...a complete 180. </div></div>

Again,
What stand would that be?

Going to war with the wrong country, and ignoring the actual real and pressing threats from alQaeda? Obama never did that.

Taking the main thrust off gettin bin Laden, and smashing al Qaeda, for the crony oil contracts?

Obama didn't do that.

running away from getting those who attacked us?

Obama never did that.

Pushing our country into a war, in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with lies about Saddam having WMD?

Obama never did that!

Treating the survivors of 9/11 victims, like shit, when they asked for a full investigation into 9/11, and going all the way to the Supreme court, to block that investigation, into his own lies and incompetence?

Obama never did that.

Totally ignoring eight months of warnings, from our CIA, and 16 National Security AGencies, memo after memo, one that said a growing threat, in place, oone memo saying "bin Ldean, determined to attack inside the United states!" Following up by taking not one single step, to block the attack. NOT ONE!

NO calling our intelligence people together.
No consulting our counter terrorist czar.
No alerting the governor of New York.
No laying out any plans to review recent intelligence to diver the attack.
Rice, said, he didn't want to swat at flies, his plans were already in place, our intelligenc offices had been told,

"We don't want to hear anything about al Qaeda, or bin Laden, bring us everyting on Iraq, and Saddam!"

Breaking the Geneva Conventions, the FISA Laws, committing WAR CRIMES, using TORTURE, and then lying about the infrormation, we got from tortouring detainees, but getting absolutely NOTHING of value from the torture, according to those who were there at the time, including people with the FBI.

Shaming our country, putting us on the same Level with the filthy Jiihadists, and still Cheney out there telling the same damned lies, about their torture program, claiming it led to getting bin Laden, a total LIE!

President Obama, never did any of that.

Dressing up like G.I. Joe, creating a big bravado, "Mission Accomplished!" while bin Laden, was still free, still plotting and planning, still recruiting more to his calliphate cause, and FRanshising his organization!

Obama never did any of that!

Outing a covert CIA agent, and exposing her identity, an act of treason, and diong it as punishment, because her husband told Americans the truth, prove and exposed, that Bush was lyng to the American people and the world, when Bush lied to the world and the country, and said that Saddam had recently tried to get Yellow Cake from Nijer? Using the very memo, which Ledeen has faked, and had had stolen form the Niger Embassy, a stealth criminal act, Ledeen, sent to Italy, before the election, and paying off Italian thugs, who were seen, with Michael Ledeen, of the AEI, while he was in Italy, directing the thugs who then broke into the Niger Embassy, and stole their official stamp, and stationary, to create a fake document, that said Saddam tried to get Yellow Cake, and then using the lie, in the SOTU Address, even after our CIA, AND THE BRITISH, told him it was a fake, but lying anyway, in the SOTU Address, and then when the lie was exposed, he was forced to remove the 16 words, of lies, in the State of the Union Address, in his months long effort to switch the attention and fears of the country, and the world, from al Qaeda, to Iraq, where the oil was saey to get, for his corporate war profiteering pigs, including the companny which has his own father, and bin ladens father and brother, on the roles!!!!

Obama never did that!

Lies about aluminumn tubes, to foment fear. Lies about Yellow cake, lies about the WMD, LIes, Lies, Lies!

Obama has never done that.

Creating lie after lie, cherry picking, to fit the intel, stated by the EVEN our Briitish allies, fitting his lies to push his pre-presidential policy, away from bin Laden, the real threat, to Iraq, the Neocon bonanza of oil money?

Obama never did that!

Lying about his DWI.

Obama never did that.

Lying about, and hidng the costs of his illegal war?

Obama never did that!

YOu can't tell me, that the left, has a double standard, when the right, has tried to create these lies about Obama, all proven to be lies, while their own guy, Bush, was in business with bin laden's family, and the Saudi's, all of whom are involved in financing Muslim Terrorists, and all of you ignored ever law broken by Bush/Cheney/Libby/Rove/Gonzales/ all of the liars and crooks.

You are so far off the beam, you're irrelevant, just like your allies on here, you live in denial, and grasp for RW conspiracy theories, and attack those of us who actually read books, watch testimony, search for the truth, and prove, the swines in the Repiglican Party, are opportunists, and crooks.

But, even I didn't think that you guys could be on bin Laden's side!!!! Al though, I have watched your denial, your anticonstitutional and unAmerican attitudes, and illogical hate and deciet, grow, over the years into the same fundamentalism of hate and ignoracne, over the years, and see your similarities to the very same attitudes, of al Qaeda and the Taliban, and their hatred for democracy, but, even I never thought you'd all present so much proof of my accusation, right here in black and white!

UnAmerican, insecure, racists and SICKOS....whose only research, is Rush Limpballs, and you all operate like a gang of cowards and fundamentalist thugs. Bbut worst of all, you are on bin Laden's side of all of this, annd tring to take away from President Obama, his huge success, for us, and for the world.

Going into Iraq, to get money for his DA DA's Carlyle Group, and crony corporations and Cheney's Halliburton, and all of them, in the business of war contracting, and all would get billions in no bid contracts, for his own father, bin laden's fanily, father and brother, and you filthy pigs, have the nerve to call this President, a man who pals around with terrorist?

Sicko Lemmings, without a clue what you're talking about.

Truly disgusting, annd colossally ignorant.

G.

Qtec
05-04-2011, 06:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But I'm more apt to take the full victory for America, without partisan bullshit, than I am to give credit to any one person. </div></div>

sure, many were involved in track OBL down but at the end, it was Obam's decision to go in with troops. It would have been a lot less risky just to bomb the place but then they would have no evidence OBL was dead.

If the OP went wrong, the RW would have crucified him.

Q

Gayle in MD
05-04-2011, 06:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But I'm more apt to take the full victory for America, without partisan bullshit, than I am to give credit to any one person. </div></div>

sure, many were involved in track OBL down but at the end, it was Obam's decision to go in with troops. It would have been a lot less risky just to bomb the place but then they would have no evidence OBL was dead.

If the OP went wrong, the RW would have crucified him.

Q </div></div>

True, and also, this President tries to avoid killing innocent people, unlike Bush, who destroyed Iraq.

Did you hear or read Cheney's statement? The one where he claimed their "Program" conveniently skipping the word, "Torture" was instrumental in Obama's success in killing bin laden???

Total lie, the info they got about bin Laden's courior was gleaned before KSM was ever captured.

RW lies have no limits.

Dick Cheney is repulsive.

FBI has already stated we got absolutely NO actionable intel, from the Bush/Cheney TORTURE PROGRAM, SKEWED WITH THEIR USUAL FAKE SEMANTICS, AS ENHANCED TERROGATION METHODS, TO AVOID USING THE WORD, "TORTURE" HENCE, THEY CAN'T TRAVEL ABROAD! THEY BROKE THE GENEVA CONVENTIONS.

G.

eg8r
05-04-2011, 07:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a problem with the success of the mission.....</div></div>What are you referring to? Everyone here already gave Obama credit for doing a fine job at killing Obama. What lww was pointing out was the error in your statement about Obama not wanting any credit.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-04-2011, 10:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a problem with the success of the mission.....</div></div>What are you referring to? Everyone here already gave Obama credit for doing a fine job at killing Obama. What lww was pointing out was the error in your statement about Obama not wanting any credit.

eg8r </div></div>

Ed,
I haven't heard the President bragging about it. He does have to announce it, but I have not heard one thing from him, that sounds like he is bragging.
IMO, he's been very humble, on this subject.

If you have noticed, otherwise, please post it for us.

G.

eg8r
05-04-2011, 11:35 AM
lww posted a count of how many times Obama referred to himself during the speech. I have not heard him bragging but then again, I have not been following it. I was happy to hear he was dead. All the other stuff is just noise.

I responded to wolfie because his response was completely off the mark in reference to what lww stated.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-04-2011, 11:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lww posted a count of how many times Obama referred to himself during the speech. I have not heard him bragging but then again, I have not been following it. I was happy to hear he was dead. All the other stuff is just noise.

I responded to wolfie because his response was completely off the mark in reference to what lww stated.

eg8r </div></div>

Taking words out of context, proves nothing.

g.

LWW
05-04-2011, 12:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't heard the President bragging about it. He does have to announce it, but I have not heard one thing from him, that sounds like he is bragging.

G. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good evening. Tonight, I can report to the American people and to the world that the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda, and a terrorist who’s responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women, and children.

It was nearly 10 years ago that a bright September day was darkened by the worst attack on the American people in our history. The images of 9/11 are seared into our national memory -- hijacked planes cutting through a cloudless September sky; the Twin Towers collapsing to the ground; black smoke billowing up from the Pentagon; the wreckage of Flight 93 in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, where the actions of heroic citizens saved even more heartbreak and destruction.

And yet we know that the worst images are those that were unseen to the world. The empty seat at the dinner table. Children who were forced to grow up without their mother or their father. Parents who would never know the feeling of their child’s embrace. Nearly 3,000 citizens taken from us, leaving a gaping hole in our hearts.

On September 11, 2001, in our time of grief, the American people came together. We offered our neighbors a hand, and we offered the wounded our blood. We reaffirmed our ties to each other, and our love of community and country. On that day, no matter where we came from, what God we prayed to, or what race or ethnicity we were, we were united as one American family.

We were also united in our resolve to protect our nation and to bring those who committed this vicious attack to justice. We quickly learned that the 9/11 attacks were carried out by al Qaeda -- an organization headed by Osama bin Laden, which had openly declared war on the United States and was committed to killing innocents in our country and around the globe. And so we went to war against al Qaeda to protect our citizens, our friends, and our allies.

Over the last 10 years, thanks to the tireless and heroic work of our military and our counterterrorism professionals, we’ve made great strides in that effort. We’ve disrupted terrorist attacks and strengthened our homeland defense. In Afghanistan, we removed the Taliban government, which had given bin Laden and al Qaeda safe haven and support. And around the globe, we worked with our friends and allies to capture or kill scores of al Qaeda terrorists, including several who were a part of the 9/11 plot.

Yet Osama bin Laden avoided capture and escaped across the Afghan border into Pakistan. Meanwhile, al Qaeda continued to operate from along that border and operate through its affiliates across the world.

And so shortly after taking office, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>I directed Leon Panetta</span>, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as we continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network.

Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community,<span style='font-size: 14pt'> I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden</span>. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>I met repeatedly with my national security team</span> as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan. And finally, last week, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action</span>, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Today, at my direction</span>, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.

For over two decades, bin Laden has been al Qaeda’s leader and symbol, and has continued to plot attacks against our country and our friends and allies. The death of bin Laden marks the most significant achievement to date in our nation’s effort to defeat al Qaeda.

Yet his death does not mark the end of our effort. There’s no doubt that al Qaeda will continue to pursue attacks against us. We must –- and we will -- remain vigilant at home and abroad.

As we do, we must also reaffirm that the United States is not –- and never will be -– at war with Islam. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>I’ve made clear</span>, just as President Bush did shortly after 9/11, that our war is not against Islam. Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader; he was a mass murderer of Muslims. Indeed, al Qaeda has slaughtered scores of Muslims in many countries, including our own. So his demise should be welcomed by all who believe in peace and human dignity.

Over the years, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>I’ve repeatedly made clear that we would take action within Pakistan</span> if we knew where bin Laden was. That is what we’ve done. But it’s important to note that our counterterrorism cooperation with Pakistan helped lead us to bin Laden and the compound where he was hiding. Indeed, bin Laden had declared war against Pakistan as well, and ordered attacks against the Pakistani people.

Tonight, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>I called President Zardari</span>, and <span style='font-size: 14pt'>my team</span> has also spoken with their Pakistani counterparts. They agree that this is a good and historic day for both of our nations. And going forward, it is essential that Pakistan continue to join us in the fight against al Qaeda and its affiliates.

The American people did not choose this fight. It came to our shores, and started with the senseless slaughter of our citizens. After nearly 10 years of service, struggle, and sacrifice, we know well the costs of war. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>These efforts weigh on me every time I, as Commander-in-Chief</span>, have to sign a letter to a family that has lost a loved one, or look into the eyes of a service member who’s been gravely wounded.

So Americans understand the costs of war. Yet as a country, we will never tolerate our security being threatened, nor stand idly by when our people have been killed. We will be relentless in defense of our citizens and our friends and allies. We will be true to the values that make us who we are. And on nights like this one, we can say to those families who have lost loved ones to al Qaeda’s terror: Justice has been done.

Tonight, we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who’ve worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. The American people do not see their work, nor know their names. But tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice.

We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism, and unparalleled courage of those who serve our country. And they are part of a generation that has borne the heaviest share of the burden since that September day.

Finally, let me say to the families who lost loved ones on 9/11 that we have never forgotten your loss, nor wavered in our commitment to see that we do whatever it takes to prevent another attack on our shores.

And tonight, let us think back to the sense of unity that prevailed on 9/11. I know that it has, at times, frayed. Yet today’s achievement is a testament to the greatness of our country and the determination of the American people.

The cause of securing our country is not complete. But tonight, we are once again reminded that America can do whatever we set our mind to. That is the story of our history, whether it’s the pursuit of prosperity for our people, or the struggle for equality for all our citizens; our commitment to stand up for our values abroad, and our sacrifices to make the world a safer place.

Let us remember that we can do these things not just because of wealth or power, but because of who we are: one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Thank you. May God bless you. And may God bless the United States of America.</div></div>

wolfdancer
05-04-2011, 12:37 PM
That?....is your condemnation of President Obama?
It read to me that as CinC...he gave a clear and direct order to
deal with our #1 enemy. No beating around the "Bush" for him.
He not only was taking personal charge, he was taking personal responsibility for that directive.
Kudos to President Obama!!. Had the operation gone wrong, he was willing to take the heat.
What part of this scenario do you object to?:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I directed Leon Panetta </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I met repeatedly with my national security team </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today, at my direction </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I’ve made clear,</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I’ve repeatedly made clear that we would take action within Pakistan </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called President Zardari, and my team </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These efforts weigh on me every time I, as Commander-in-Chief, </div></div>
I guess he could have said Col. Nathan R. Jessup gave the orders?
Sounds like he has a "big pair"...something maybe our last leader was one or two, short on?

Gayle in MD
05-04-2011, 12:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That?....is your condemnation of President Obama?
He not only was taking personal charge, he was taking personal responsibility for that directive.
Kudos to President Obama!!. Had the operation gone wrong, he was willing to take the heat.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I directed Leon Panetta </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I met repeatedly with my national security team </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today, at my direction </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I’ve made clear,</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I’ve repeatedly made clear that we would take action within Pakistan </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called President Zardari, and my team </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These efforts weigh on me every time I, as Commander-in-Chief, </div></div>
Sounds like he has a "big pair"...something maybe our last leader was one or two, short on? </div></div>

I don't see any bragging, the president can hardly convey the particulars of this important killing of the most wanted man in the world, without using the words, "I, me, my" just another time when things are taken out of context, and presented, intentionally, deceitfully, to convey an incident, inaccurately.

Some here rely on that sort of chery picked, skewed presentation of information, without conscience.

G.

Stretch
05-04-2011, 01:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That?....is your condemnation of President Obama?
Sounds like he has a "big pair"...something maybe our last leader was one or two, short on? </div></div>

I don't see any bragging, the president can hardly convey the particulars of this important killing of the most wanted man in the world, without using the words, "I, me, my" just another time when things are taken out of context, and presented, intentionally, deceitfully, to convey an incident, inaccurately.

Some here rely on that sort of chery picked, skewed presentation of information, without conscience.

G.
</div></div>

LWW is obviously pissed that Obama did what Bush couldn't (or wouldn't?) do. His laughable snub at Obama's message to America was an act of a desperatly delusional man.....well "man" might be a reach. St.

Sev
05-04-2011, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a problem with the success of the mission.....</div></div>What are you referring to? Everyone here already gave Obama credit for doing a fine job at killing Obama. What lww was pointing out was the error in your statement about Obama not wanting any credit.

eg8r </div></div>

Ed,
I haven't heard the President bragging about it. He does have to announce it, but I have not heard one thing from him, that sounds like he is bragging.

G. </div></div>

Try turning on your hearing aid.

It also appears that "enhanced" interrogation techniques were instrumental in the gathering of information.

LWW
05-04-2011, 02:10 PM
I didn't condemn anyone ... I just showed that you were clueless.

LWW
05-04-2011, 02:11 PM
That explains why I started a thread commending him for it.

You and woofie ... are you Dumb or are you Dumber?

LWW
05-04-2011, 02:13 PM
The regime has so many "OFFICIAL" stories out there that it's by now impossible to know what to believe.

They have taken something good and made a cluster of it ... but, of course, the O-cult will blame the wise for pointing out that the dolts are dolts.

Stretch
05-04-2011, 02:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That explains why I started a thread commending him for it.

You and woofie ... are you Dumb or are you Dumber? </div></div>

You and johnny....ouch, that's harsh enough. lol St.

wolfdancer
05-04-2011, 03:18 PM
the special one has now done a 180 on his story, and then questions our intellect?

eg8r
05-04-2011, 08:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LWW is obviously pissed that Obama did what Bush couldn't (or wouldn't?) do.</div></div>Why are making this an Obama/Bush issue. Don't even try it because it is bull. If you want to know who had a pair of balls then ask the guy that gave the order to get the information that was used? This did not all start when Obama became President, it was ongoing long before he chose to run for office.

If you missed it, lww gave Obama credit already. Why are you so quick to ignore it when he actually does say "Good job"?

eg8r

eg8r
05-04-2011, 08:09 PM
No words were taken out of context. When I am presenting to management a project that I helped build I don't go into specifics of what "I" did. I talk about the team. It would be just as easy for Obama to do the same thing. I am not saying what he did was bragging or not but for you to say he absolutely wasn't is not being equally honest.

I don't believe he was bragging either but my response was to wolfie when he was completley off the mark in reference to what lww said.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-04-2011, 09:30 PM
You admit, that I was replying to lww, yet you felt obliged to butt in and insult me? ...and in a later post you accuse me of stirring up trouble?
Who cares about your management team's specifics....as it doesn't relate in the slightest bit to any Presidential action, nor speech? Nice try though at comparing the two.
Do you think MacArthur personally cleared the beach, before he stepped ashore?
You are claiming now that Obama as CinC did not issue any directives?
Most Americans would like to believe that their President was in charge, and made all the decisions,... after getting input from his advisers. It's reassuring.
Did you want him to say "Cheney told me to do this"?
I don't know what your problem is besides the fact that you hate Obama for his achievements, or for his ...e?
During the depression and then during WWII...
Roosevelt's "fireside chats", come to mind. And his many heartening war reports kept the nation's morale up.

LWW
05-05-2011, 03:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LWW is obviously pissed that Obama did what Bush couldn't (or wouldn't?) do.</div></div>Why are making this an Obama/Bush issue. <span style="color: #3333FF">Because the party tells them to make it a Bush/Obama issue.</span> Don't even try it because it is bull. If you want to know who had a pair of balls then ask the guy that gave the order to get the information that was used? This did not all start when Obama became President, it was ongoing long before he chose to run for office.

If you missed it, lww gave Obama credit already. Why are you so quick to ignore it when he actually does say "Good job"? <span style="color: #3333FF">Because the party tells them to ignore inconvenient truth.</span>

eg8r </div></div>

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 05:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No words were taken out of context. <span style="color: #990000">Well, yes they were, according to the quotes of other forum members, they surely were taken out of contest, certain words such as I, me, my, out of the whole sentence. </span> When I am presenting to management a project that I helped build I don't go into specifics of what "I" did. I talk about the team. It would be just as easy for Obama to do the same thing.

<span style="color: #990000"> Did you miss all the praise he gave to all of our people, who contributed to this success? I think statements such as, "At my direction" were simply part of detailing how the events went forward.

I didn't see him dressed up like G.I. Joe, bragging, Mission Accomplished, when no mission had been accomplished.

Ed, when I launched my thread, immediatly there were negative statements, which, frankly, I truly never dreamed would follow, as I said, I did think everyone here would be thrilled to hear the news, and that one thread, might bring about some celebration, by all of us here, over the grea news, that the world's number one, heart and soul of al Qaeda, had finally been killed, for what he did to our country. Instead, some immediatly began with their criticisms. I see that as a partisan reaction, over something that should have been celebrated by all of us, some agreement among us, for once. I surely praised our capture of KSM, gave Bush credit when he got rid of Rumsfeld, and put Gates in. I thought bin Ladens death, would be good enough for all of us,, without the nit picking about how it was accomplished, that followed. </span>

I am not saying what he did was bragging or not but for you to say he absolutely wasn't is not being equally honest.

<span style="color: #990000">Well, I didn't see his speech/announcement, as bragging, and I have to disagree with you, as I thought he simply gave what details, could be given out, at that time. I heard no personal bravado, but plenty of praise for our CIA, and special ops, and hopes that getting bin Laden, would be of some peace, for our survivors, who lost loved one, on 9/11, and for our nation.</span>

I don't believe he was bragging either but my response was to wolfie when he was completley off the mark in reference to what lww said.

<span style="color: #990000"> I don't read LWW, so I can't comment on that. I only saw quotes of what he wrote, and they were surely criticisms.

G. </span>

eg8r </div></div>

eg8r
05-05-2011, 07:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, yes they were, according to the quotes of other forum members, they surely were taken out of contest, certain words such as I, me, my, out of the whole sentence.</div></div>How is that lww's fault that all you are reading are quotes from other people about what lww said? He posted the entire speech. It is impossible to call that taking it out of context. Now the only way to count how often someone talks about themselves is to read every sentence and look for the I/me references. That was all lww did. You don't like anyone to point out perceived negatives about "your guy" so you immeadiately looked for a cop out.

You are acting as if he was not bragging at all but you don't know the man. If it was myself in that position I would have stated the speech exactly like Obama did. He has the final decision to make but all I am saying is that it could have been worded differently so that those counting the "i/me" would have nothing to talk about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't read LWW, so I can't comment on that. I only saw quotes of what he wrote, and they were surely criticisms.
</div></div>Which is exactly why I was surprised to see you chime in and respond without having the real information. If you feel the need to disagree with something he said you should not do it based on quotes taken out of context. Go read his post not just the quotes that one of your buddies quoted.

eg8r

eg8r
05-05-2011, 07:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You admit, that I was replying to lww, yet you felt obliged to butt in and insult me? </div></div>This is what I said directly after you misinterpreted what lww said...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you referring to? Everyone here already gave Obama credit for doing a fine job at killing Obama. What lww was pointing out was the error in your statement about Obama not wanting any credit.
</div></div>If you find that insulting then that is something for you to deal with. You have a sincere problem with people disagreeing with you. I don't know why that is but it happens to light a short fuse with you and I hope you can get that under control.

lww points out the multiple times Obama refers to himself in a speech and you go off half cocked saying lww has a problem with mission.

eg8r &lt;~~~hopes the post of clarification is not any more insulting.

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 09:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, yes they were, according to the quotes of other forum members, they surely were taken out of contest, certain words such as I, me, my, out of the whole sentence.</div></div>How is that lww's fault that all you are reading are quotes from other people about what lww said? He posted the entire speech. It is impossible to call that taking it out of context. Now the only way to count how often someone talks about themselves is to read every sentence and look for the I/me references. That was all lww did. You don't like anyone to point out perceived negatives about "your guy" so you immeadiately looked for a cop out.

You are acting as if he was not bragging at all but you don't know the man. If it was myself in that position I would have stated the speech exactly like Obama did. He has the final decision to make but all I am saying is that it could have been worded differently so that those counting the "i/me" would have nothing to talk about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't read LWW, so I can't comment on that. I only saw quotes of what he wrote, and they were surely criticisms.
</div></div>Which is exactly why I was surprised to see you chime in and respond without having the real information. If you feel the need to disagree with something he said you should not do it based on quotes taken out of context. Go read his post not just the quotes that one of your buddies quoted.

eg8r </div></div>

I saw the post of his, quoted, and knew he was counting, the Potus's use of I, me, my, in the his speech. That was enough for me, Ed.

It was pretty obvious, he was accusing President Obama, of bragging, and taking all of the credit.

I have read the speech, heard it live, recorded the speech when it was originally made, and I knew exactly what was in it, and therefore, knew as well, just how idiotic the accusation, was.

The counting of I's me's my's, in LWW's original attack on the President's speech, suggesting the number of times, he was using those words, was self-serving, in spite of all the acknowledgments and praise, that President Obama gave to all of those invovled in the operation, is exactly taking things out of context, condemning the president, by projecting his, LWW's own spoon fed partisanship, and is projecting false intentions, upon the POTUS, that clearly were not there.

Doing so is not only mean, petty, ridiculous, and grossly partisan, but provides no proof, whatsoever, that the President was bragging, or taking all of the credit for the success of the operation.

In fact, LWW"s intent, was just another juvenile, illogical attempt to smear the President, dishonestly, by twisting the truth. Something which IMO, he is known for doing with scant, limited knowledge or correct information, not only about this attack, but about other malicious attacks about which his personal knowledge and awareness, is severely limited, and shows as well, the same malice, and pettyness, which we have witnessed many times, in his efforts to smear people.

Surely, you're not one of those colossally ignorant people, who think that our missions, are conceived by underlings, and brought to the president, from underlings, labeled and hosen by underlings, as our national policy, by underlings, as one of our most ignorant here, stated in this thread.

No operation comes to fruition, nor is even launched, during any administrations, which has not been a result of the POTUS's stated policy, which, in this case, he laid out long, long ago, specifically, agains, not only during the campaign, but in a news article, which he wrote ten years ago, about how to go about getting bin Laden, which mirros the actual operation as it happened!

Additionally the very idea that anyone would be so ignorant, and have such a voluminous affliction of sour grapes, hatred for the president, and blind partisanship, that they would write, as one here wrote, that the President deserves no credit, at all, for the operation, or it's success, definitely, is the epitome of ingorance, Limpball parroting, and juvenile Pettyness.

Do you think that anyone who makes the statement, that they give NO credit, to the President, for this success, is a reasonable person?

None of this would have happened, and we would not be celebrating this success, if President Obama, hadn't set this goal, long, long ago, and, it is no coincidence, since he used the exact methods, which he outlined in a news article, before he became a United States Senator, referencing Special Ops, as the best means of getting bin Laden, and smashing al Qaeda.

He Is the Potus, and no mission becomes policy, without his stating the mission, to all who serve him.

Without his stated mission, to get bin Laden, and smash al Qaeda, the world would not be celebrating over this humongous win, for our country.

Those who immediately set about attacking him, are showing their hatred, ugliness, and partisanship.

If you recall, I backed up Bush's initial plan to get Saddam,
until documentation came out which proved he had lied to all of us, and inflated, intentionally, the threat represented by Saddam, which, as we now know, never existed. No WMD, NO connections to 9/11, and NO connections to al Qaeda.

I read more of the posts in this thread, than I usually do, and I must say, the statement, that President Obama, deserves no credit, at all, has to be one of the most ignorant statements, I have ever heard, although with that particular member, ignorant statements are profuse.

President Obama, risked his presidency, and put getting bin Laden, above everything, including his presidency.

I do not read a single sentence, in his speech, which smacks of him taking all of the credit for the success of the mission.

He is the president. He does give the orders, and set the policy. How the hell is he supposed to lay out for us what has happened, how and when it happened, results of the operation, without using the words, I, me, my?

You can defend LWW, but I can assure you, most here would agree, there is no way he could address the nation, and explain the operation, without saying those words frequently.

LWW took the I's, the Me's, the my's, out of context, in another post, before he posted the whole speech.

Did you not see that? Do you think that was an honest act, on his part?

This thread, more than any other here, proves who the RW spoon fed partisans, really are.

Bush, btw, refused to listen to those in the Alex Unit, the CIA, and even powell, about the bad shoice of invading Iraq. many in our intelligence, resigned, over the administration's push, for them to cherry pick, just as was stated in the British memo.

Bush, himself, gave us many clips, where he sought ot minimize the mportance of getting bin Laden, as his fiasco in Iraq, became more and more absurd, with the published books, from insiders, who were there, including Powell, who called his statements before the UN, a black mark on his career. In fact, many people tried to warn him of our coming attack, and he ignored them.

AS well, manny who told him saddam was no threat, he nos WMD, had no connections to al Qaeda, were the same people he BLAMED, when it became obvious, that his version of intelligence was cherry picked, and Intelligence officers, resigned when he blamed the very people who he refused to listen to when he took off on nothing BUT GUT, with no plan for getting out! Perhaps, his administration would have been more successful, if he had done a bit more DITHERING!

The accusation, that this operation was timed for political purposes, is the epitome of ignorance, and hate. The date was chosen, according to the brightness of the moon.

Additionally, no information of any serious nature, was derived from the Bush torture program, as has been testified to, by our own FBI agents, under oath, before the SEnate Intelligence Committee.

G.

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Who said that the president deserved no credit? I think it is pretty clear that most reasonable people agree that everyone involved deserves a degree of credit. It is also obvious that the farther removed from the actual operation, the less credit is due.
You read what you want to read, and then you filter what you read to fit your own preconceived notions of what people think.

How can you expect reasonable discussions when you yourself refuse to act in a reasonable manner?

Steve

llotter
05-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Each of your statements deserves a thread of its own because each is a distortion or oft repeated lie and needs multiple responses.

I hope you might try it. I did save a copy for reference and if you don't use the opportunity, I will, over time

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 11:15 AM
That is the way she posts, lloiter. She doesn't stick to one topic, but prefers to overload her posts with comments about everything she hates in every post. Thread topics have no meaning to her. I wonder sometimes if there isn't a little ADD coming into play with her. She can not stay focused on one topic, and seems to forget that she has already said the same things multiple times.

Steve

eg8r
05-05-2011, 12:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surely, you're not one of those colossally ignorant people, who think that our missions, are conceived by underlings, and brought to the president, from underlings, labeled and hosen by underlings, as our national policy, by underlings, as one of our most ignorant here, stated in this thread.
</div></div>Our missions are absolutely NOT conceived by the President which would make any other person in the land an "underling". What is your point?

I know for a fact the President's speech could have been reworded in a way to not include all those I/me/my's. Many great leaders are capable and prove in their speeches. We do not have a great leader. We have a leader that has made one good decision, get the heck out of the way and let the military do what is needed to be done.

With my own employer we have a fantastic President who rarely if ever refers to himself in speeches about the success of the company. I guess you just have not been privy to hear a great leader speak, or you have forgotton what it was like. W wasn't great and Obama is merely half a notch above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LWW took the I's, the Me's, the my's, out of context, in another post, before he posted the whole speech.

</div></div>He posted the whole thing because people said he was taking it out of context however it turns out not a single thing was taken out of context.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The accusation, that this operation was timed for political purposes, is the epitome of ignorance, and hate. The date was chosen, according to the brightness of the moon.
</div></div>Does this have anything to do with what we are talking about? I don't remember lww mentioning this in the quote wolfie responded to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bush, himself, gave us many clips, where he sought ot minimize the mportance of getting bin Laden,</div></div>So did Pelosi. She made a giant switch in just 5 year span. 5 years ago she made it out to not be a big deal if we caught him yet the other day she said this was the greatest day in our war on terrorism. Funny how things change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Additionally, no information of any serious nature, was derived from the Bush torture program,</div></div>You keep believing that deep down in your heart and just ignore the reality of what happened leading up to the events that rid the world of OBL.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 01:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surely, you're not one of those colossally ignorant people, who think that our missions, are conceived by underlings, and brought to the president, from underlings, labeled and hosen by underlings, as our national policy, by underlings, as one of our most ignorant here, stated in this thread.
</div></div>Our missions are absolutely NOT conceived by the President which would make any other person in the land an "underling". What is your point?

<span style="color: #990000">The President sets his policies. No one else. Those who are charged with putting them into action, are underlings, IOW they serve at the pleasure, and under the direction, of the POTUS, no one else. He's the top man, when it comes to foreign policy goals. He giver the orders, the go ahead, or the scrub.</span>

I know for a fact the President's speech could have been reworded in a way to not include all those I/me/my's.

<span style="color: #990000">Really? show me the sentence where he was bragging, and not merely giving the time line, and the particulars of the event.

He gave accolades to everyone involved. And, I don't recall him ever bragging "I'm the Decider," either.</span>

Many great leaders are capable and prove in their speeches. We do not have a great leader. We have a leader that has made one good decision, get the heck out of the way and let the military do what is needed to be done.

<span style="color: #990000">Ridiculous! </span><span style="color: #990000">
WE have a President, who gave the order to the Navy Seals, to kill the pirates, and rescue the captain. Now, he has given the order, to kill bin Laden. You got a problem with that? You'd rather dither over how he informed the world? counting the I's me's and my's, OMG, talk about petty!</span>
With my own employer we have a fantastic President who rarely if ever refers to himself in speeches about the success of the company. I guess you just have not been privy to hear a great leader speak, or you have forgotton what it was like. W wasn't great and Obama is merely half a notch above.

<span style="color: #990000"> And that is your highly partisan opinion. Obama's first big recognition in the political world was the fabulous speech he made during the 2000 campaign. Even RW pundits, admit he gives a great speech. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LWW took the I's, the Me's, the my's, out of context, in another post, before he posted the whole speech.

</div></div>He posted the whole thing because people said he was taking it out of context however it turns out not a single thing was taken out of context.

<span style="color: #990000">BULL!!!!

AS usual, Ed, you see things as you want to see them. How does a man take responsibility for everything that happened, and give a run down of the events, without using I, me, my? I'm really surprised at you. You're usually better than this, at seeing through a big embroidering, for malicious purposes. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The accusation, that this operation was timed for political purposes, is the epitome of ignorance, and hate. The date was chosen, according to the brightness of the moon.
</div></div>Does this have anything to do with what we are talking about? I don't remember lww mentioning this in the quote wolfie responded to.

<span style="color: #990000"> No, but other righties on here did. They accused that Obama chose the timing for political purposes. Totally absurd. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bush, himself, gave us many clips, where he sought to minimize the importance of getting bin Laden,</div></div>So did Pelosi. She made a giant switch in just 5 year span. 5 years ago she made it out to not be a big deal if we caught him

<span style="color: #990000"> Link??? I watch everything, and I've never heard her say that. </span>

yet the other day she said this was the greatest day in our war on terrorism. Funny how things change.

<span style="color: #990000"> Unfair accusation. The whole WORLD, is saying it was a great day. That's what's killing LWW, and STeve, and surprisingly, apparently, you, as well. And here I started reading you again, because you had made some rational statements, the Q, highlighted. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Additionally, no information of any serious nature, was derived from the Bush torture program,</div></div>You keep believing that deep down in your heart and just ignore the reality of what happened leading up to the events that rid the world of OBL.

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">I'ts already been proven, the tip off was when the captured kept insisting they didn't know the name of the courier, and that was not under torture.

I think our President gave Goerge Bush credit, and all previous Presidents deserve some credit, since we have been dealing with in Laden, but TORTURE, was NOT in the mix, because I watched the testimony, unlike you, who claimed you don't watch TV. I'd be willing to wager you've never watched a single Senate investigation, from start to finish.

I have seen no spiking of the football, no dressing up like GI Joe, Haning banners, blubbering about Mission Accomplished, LOL, you guys are just sore heads. Can't stand losing, and always show your asses when you do.

This time it's even worst, since you all jumped on the nutjob conspiracy BS.

G. </span>

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Setting policies is a far cry from planning a military operation.

Obama has no military training, and no military background. You are nuts if you think he had anything to do with planning this operation, other than nodding his head when his "underlings" told him what needed to happen.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 02:34 PM
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/WhiteHouseDailyBriefing1642

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 02:41 PM
IOW, you believe that someone with zero military background helped plan the most important military operation in recent history??????

Steve

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 02:49 PM
While you nice peoples on the right, are trying desperately hard to diminish President Obama's role in finally bringing OBL to justice....the majority of Americans are only interested in the finality of the event.

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 02:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IOW, you believe that someone with zero military background helped plan the most important military operation in recent history??????

Steve </div></div>

Setting policies is a far cry from planning a military operation.

Obama has no military training, and no military background. You are nuts if you think he had anything to do with planning this operation, other than nodding his head when his "underlings" told him what needed to happen.

Steve
</div></div>

Watch the damn video, before you start up with the usual insults.

He also laid out a plan ten years ago, of using special ops, to get bin aladen. It was printed in the newspapers, while Bush was
incorrectly fear mongering the whole country, with his yap yap about Mushroom clouds from Saddam.

I'm telling you that this president was calling meetings, giving plenty of time for all input, and that HE gave the peramaters that must be met, before launching the mission, which, if you took the time to watch the video, you will see for yourself.

G.

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Would you be interested in purchasing a bridge I have for sale?

Steve

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 03:43 PM
HST had "extensive military training before he ordered "the bomb"
to be dropped? I can only think of a few Presidents with any real military background....George Washington, U.S. Grant, Teddy Roosevelt, Ike, John F.Kennedy,and.... GWB? I may have left out a few....but,seems like the latest claim is that only retired Generals should be allowed to run for El Presidente?
Run that up the flagpole

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 03:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....but,seems like the latest claim is that only retired Generals should be allowed to run for El Presidente?
Run that up the flagpole

</div></div>

You must really have to work hard to be that stupid. That is not the latest claim at all. The point is, you don't have someone without the training planning a military operation. You leave the planning to the experts. Obama has no expertise in military planning, and anyone who suggests that he was in charge of planning this operation is a partisan idiot.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-05-2011, 03:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....but,seems like the latest claim is that only retired Generals should be allowed to run for El Presidente?
Run that up the flagpole

</div></div>

You must really have to work hard to be that stupid. That is not the latest claim at all. The point is, you don't have someone without the training planning a military operation. You leave the planning to the experts. Obama has no expertise in military planning, and anyone who suggests that he was in charge of planning this operation is a partisan idiot.

Steve </div></div>

Did you watch the video????

Afraid the facts may make you look stupid????

Again, what do you think Bush meannt, when he said, "Wanted, dead or alive?"

You are wrong about this, but don't watch the video, you may have to go jump off a bredge, if you do.

BTW, your last analogy in your Pandora's Box thread, was the funniest so far.

Now, rather than bring myself down to your level....you're back on ignnore.

Ta ta...

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 04:13 PM
You aren't even talking about the same thing.

Yes, good idea....go back into your own little world.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 04:26 PM
there isn't any point to be made.....only in your mind.
The operation is a success, thanks to the President's advisory team, and thanks to this President having the huevos to order the op into effect.
According to youse guys....He was probably kept out of the loop, even though he is CinC?
I don't care if your pal lww, planned the op....it's done and I'm done commenting to a "brick head" on it.
I'm sorry for your loss........of face

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 04:32 PM
and I am sorry for your loss....of your mind.

LWW
05-05-2011, 05:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You must really have to work hard to be that stupid.

Steve </div></div>

Actually I think it's pure natural talent.

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Is that the thanks I get for trying to "dumb down" my posts to your level? How, otherwise can we ever engage in any meaningful dialogue?
Your point is....both meaningless and without merit (IMHO)
It was not a one man show, and President Obama is NOT trying to pass himself off as Rambo.
Sorry for you that the operation was a success....you probably would have preferred it to have been a failure, the SEAL team captured, and the blame for it placed on President Obama?
OR you would like to think that the operation went off well, despite President Obama's role in it as CinC?
Either way as the quote goes in "A Few Good Men" "I don't give a damn what you think"

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 06:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "I don't give a damn what you think"

</div></div>

But you sure spend a lot of time reading and responding to my posts. A normal person, if they didn't care, wouldn't spend any time dealing with it. I don't give a damn what Oprah thinks, and guess what? I don't even watch her show, and I certainly don't go out of my way to communicate with her.

Your actions belie your words.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 07:18 PM
There used to be a "sick" religious wacko on the radio, who made the most incredible statements, and always demanded that people tithe, no matter how near to the poverty line they were living on.
His logic being that God would reward you, tenfold, for you giving your food or rent money to him. He condemned the city of SF one time, for not contributing enough $$ to bring his Big Tent Revival to the city. He said God would punish the city....last I heard it was still standing....but with the tectonic plates pressing against each other...another earthquake is inevitable, but when?...and he might take credit for it...
You and lww remind me of that guy...it may be a stretch....but it was his own imagined self importance, his "God" complex....that makes that connection for me.
Both of you sound irrational to me. You place such great importance, on impressing a couple of dozen people here and on AZB....with your own..."importance" and "insider's info"...thinking that others can't watch, nor read the news themselves, and understand the implications of it....instead they need you two to 'splain it to them?
If I really needed to understand a current issue, etc....this would be hardly the site I'd go to.....this is Fox news filtered down through your take. If I want to hear that(Fox) side of the argument...I'll get it from the horse's mouth, and not from the other end.

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 07:26 PM
And again, you spend more time trying to impress me with your special brand of insight. And you claim you don't care what I think. You just wasted 10 minutes of your life typing that last post.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-05-2011, 07:42 PM
I am trying to impress you? Why would I do that, as I have no use for you, and question your intellect, after reading your posts?
I just write as someone once said, not to amuse you, but to amuse myself. Don't read my posts....that is a pretty simple concept, it would seem, to resolve your annoyance over myself not buying into your claims.
Don't worry about me wasting time....TV is a waste of time....this at least keeps my synapses firing....just maybe not in sequence

pooltchr
05-05-2011, 08:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> keeps my synapses firing....just maybe not in sequence </div></div>

Another point of agreement!

Steve

wolfdancer
05-06-2011, 01:37 AM
You both seem to be so blinded by your hatred of President Obama, ....that you can't even appreciate that a major enemy of America was brought to justice under his tenure; something the last President attached little importance in doing, and is on record stating so. lww seemingly does have a problem with the mission....the SEALS didn't say "stop or I'll shoot"; and didn't Mirandize him?
Had the mission gone badly, and our guys were captured or killed....you would have been blaming President Obama for it. I think if you go back in time to the dark days of the last admin....you'll find plenty of "I's" used in his speeches, and in every President's speeches.
But since neither of you two could "field strip" a scarecrow...I don't think you should be commenting on any "commando" style military operation...it's all way over your pay grade....

Gayle in MD
05-06-2011, 05:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Each of your statements deserves a thread of its own because each is a distortion or oft repeated lie and needs multiple responses.

I hope you might try it. I did save a copy for reference and if you don't use the opportunity, I will, over time </div></div>

Everything in my post has been documented, here, with links, and is in the archives.

Be my guest, and look all of them up. I don't rely on some blubbering radio jockie, for my information, or the Republican Propaganda station. I have an entire library, one whole segment, on the Bush Administration.

But over time, it's become obvious, the right is a waste of time, since one can post proven facts, and still they twist the truth.

but just to reviiew, NO WMD were found in Iraq. NO CONNECTIONS to al Qaeda, and Saddam. NO involvement by Saddam in 9/11.

Hence, Bush who had a family grudge because Saddam, years and years before 9/!! had plotted to kill his father, and because Cheney's Halliburton, and the Carlyle Group, consisting of Bush SR., and bin Ladens family, wanted those oil contracts, in Iraq, thousand of our kids, who joined up to get bin Laden, were instead fighting for corporate ooil profits, for the bin Laden,s and their great friends, the Bush family, and Cheney's pre-Iraq oil payoff, for his company, Halliburton.

Man, I've just love to hear what you righties would be yapping about President Oobama, if he had been in bed wih the Saudi's and the bin Laden's for decades!!!! Bush, holding hands and kissing the Saudi prince's and Kings, LMAO!

You righties cann ignore anything and everything, but one thing you'll never change, YOUR GUY FAILED TO GET BIN LADEN, AND OUR GUY GOT HIM.

EAT YOUR HEART OUT!

I lost count of all of our wounded soldiers who looked me in the eye, and said, "I don't know what the hell I was doing in Iraq, anyway. I signed up to get bin Laden, and al Qaeda!!!!

G.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 05:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> YOUR GUY FAILED TO GET BIN LADEN, AND OUR GUY GOT HIM.

EAT YOUR HEART OUT!

G.

</div></div>

And there you have it. The most important thing to Gayle is not that OBL is dead, but that her team gets the credit for it!!! Not a victory for America...but a victory for Democrats over Republicans!

Nothing but a partisan tool!

BTW, Gayle, your little ankle biter keeps telling the board that you are no longer posting here. How about getting your stories straight on your next conference call.

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-06-2011, 05:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> YOUR GUY FAILED TO GET BIN LADEN, AND OUR GUY GOT HIM.

EAT YOUR HEART OUT!

G.

</div></div>

And there you have it. The most important thing to Gayle is not that OBL is dead, but that her team gets the credit for it!!! Not a victory for America...but a victory for Democrats over Republicans!

Nothing but a partisan tool!

BTW, Gayle, your little ankle biter keeps telling the board that you are no longer posting here. How about getting your stories straight on your next conference call.

Steve </div></div>

Nice try, but YOU are the one who brought this celebration down to the low level of partisanship, and I was the one who refused to let you get away with it.

Go read your posts since this amazing acheivement has occured.

Every single one, is designed to take away from President Obama.

MY post gave accolades to everyone involved.

NOT YOU! You immediately set about to dig around for anything negative you could paste together, non issues, to degrade the importance and value of it, and degrade the President's role, suggesting it was not a total win for AMerica, but could bring about more problems, and truly, that Pandora's Box BS you posted on here is laughable! As you admitted yourself, in Wolf's thread, sying you were all for it, as long as it said it wasn't President Obama, who deserved any credit, but as usual, you didn't bother reading the whole thing, and ended up with your foot in your big mouth.

YOU, comparing getting BL, with policy worries about the US, .....assassinating other PRESIDENTS of countries, justifying it by saying, even though bL was not a president of another country,AND.....he does have a lot of followers!!!!!

OMG! That was the most unpatriotic post I've ev er read on here.

DUMBEST, MOST PARTISAN, PETTY POST EVER POSTED HERE.

The whole world, is celebrating and applauding this president, and you can't stand it, and that is so obvious, so I'm here to say, I am very proud of President Obama, for setting the goal, and leading the push, to finally get the man that George Bush, forgot all about, as he admitted in his own words, numerous times, and set about going after a country that was already in shambles, rendered inpotent by Clinton's Desert Fox, campaign, while Bush, in his quest for oil contracts,dropped the ball, on getting the most dangerous man in the world, and "The Suit" as you called him, led the way, to success, and you can bet Ner Yorkers, will never forget it!!!!

Even DEE had to try to set you straight on that one!

What a snarky, petty, twit!

Can't stand it when thhis president, achieves a huge win, over which the world, is cheering, from the Middle East, to NYC!

No switcheroo for you this time, Steve. You proved your own petty partisanship at a time when you should have had the decency to resist bashing President Obama.
But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, just could do it, could you.
G.

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 05:47 AM
Fine, missy. You think you have somehow won something, good for you. All you have accomplished is to solidify your standing as a partisan tool who will defend this administration to the end.

And we all know that, had GW done something similar, you would have been screaming bloody murder about how it was illegal, and how he should be charged as a war criminal, and how all he did was stir up more anti US sentiment with our enemies, blah blah blah.

You do not want real discussion. You proved that when I posted something that was clearly not intended to be turned into a partisan war, and you and woofie immediately took it down into the gutter where you live. All you want to do is play the us-vs-them game, ie your "EAT YOUR HEART OUT" comment, or your "We won, deal with it" attitude.

You care more about your precious political party than you do about the country. If it wasn't so sad, it would almost be funny.

Steve

Sev
05-06-2011, 06:00 AM
I thought we were'nt supposed to spike the football?

Gayle in MD
05-06-2011, 06:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fine, missy. You think you have somehow won something, good for you. All you have accomplished is to solidify your standing as a partisan tool who will defend this administration to the end.

And we all know that, had GW done something similar, you would have been screaming bloody murder about how it was illegal, and how he should be charged as a war criminal, and how all he did was stir up more anti US sentiment with our enemies, blah blah blah.

You do not want real discussion. You proved that when I posted something that was clearly not intended to be turned into a partisan war, and you and woofie immediately took it down into the gutter where you live. All you want to do is play the us-vs-them game, ie your "EAT YOUR HEART OUT" comment, or your "We won, deal with it" attitude.

You care more about your precious political party than you do about the country. If it wasn't so sad, it would almost be funny.

Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> BWA HAHAHAHAHA, yeah, you were really thrilled weren't you! Your first few posts, really show how nonpartisan you were! </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Originally, we were told he was killed a week ago. Last night, Obama said he gave the order yesterday.
OBL's body might well be in storage in Area 57...it might be at the bottom of the ocean...it might be under a pile of rubble...or it might still be in a cave in the mountains.

I have a difficult time taking anything this government says at face value.

From his speech last night
"Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body."

Now how is it possible that in one day they had this battle, went in and discovered the body, identified it through DNA testing, got it out of Pakistan, on to a Navy ship, and conducted a burial at sea?

Something just doesn't ring true.

Where did I say that? I never said we shouldn't have killed him. I said that celebrating might be a bit premature. I suspect that there are plans in place, and possibly already implemented to attack the west.

Huge celebrations of OBL's death will have the same effect as burning the Quran...

OBL has been neutralized....Al Q has not.

Steve

Dee, I agree that if OBL is dead, then one goal of the entire war on terror effort has been achieved. However, there seem to be quite a few discrepancies in what we are being told.

We are going to be told exactly what this administration wants us to know. Past experience forces me to give a critical eye to anything they say.

Steve

Steve

Multi million dollar mansion? Hardly my idea of a mansion.

As for getting shot in the left eye...you will buy anything, won't you? There was a photoshop picture of OBL showing he had been shot in the left eye floating around the internet years ago.

I wonder just how credible your sources really are.

I don't think anyone is not pleased that OBL is gone. But, let's face it...he has been completely ineffective since he went into hiding. This is a feel good moment for Americans, but is not going to change much of anything. And I encourage caution for anyone who thinks otherwise, to reconsider. OBL almost surely had put in place a plan to attack the west if anything happened to him.

And yes, I believe Obama will use this for maximum political gain. That is who he is.

I would love to see all the credit going to the Navy SEALS and all the support teams who actually put together this plan and carried it out. The fact that Obama "gave his blessings" for them to move ahead is reletively insignificant...but Obama is going to use this to try and boost his political position.

You and agree, or not, but that is just the way I see it. My "Kudus" are reserved for the military heroes who got the job done, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>not for the suit in the White House.</span>Steve

Steve</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Give it up, Steve, you can't get away with bashing anything about this huge accomplishment.
it's being called the most incredible operation in our history.

We've already found planned attacks in bin Laden's papers.

One plan for an attack on the anniversary of 911.

ONLY the right wingnuts, are showing partisanship, and trying to diminish this huge win for our country....and like with their birther BS, it's just going to make them look stupid, or should I say, more stupid.

Oh, and BTW, where's The Donald???? </span> </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
05-06-2011, 08:28 AM
I have never said anything to minimize the operation.
I also do not believe that the messiah deserves as much credit as some of you want to give him. He approved the operation. Good! I'm glad he did.

The planning and execution of the operation was great. Kudus to the military team that made it happen.

The handling of things post op raise more questions than anything. And that is where my problem with the administration lie. Why is there so much secrecy surrounding it? Why was the body disposed of so quickly? Why are they supressing any evidence surrounding the whole thing? Why are they releasing just what they want you to know? And why do you accept it?

Steve