PDA

View Full Version : Flashback.

Qtec
05-03-2011, 02:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On August 1, 2007, Senator Barack Obama delivered a major speech on foreign policy. In addition to pledging to unilaterally launch strikes against Bin Laden and other high-value targets in Pakistan, Obama promised he would ramp up the U.S. effort in the under-resourced effort across the border in Afghanistan. In July 2008, Obama explained:

"<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The greatest threat to that security <span style="color: #3333FF">lies in the tribal regions of Pakistan, where terrorists train and insurgents strike into Afghanistan. We cannot tolerate a terrorist sanctuary, and as President, I won't.</span></span> We need a stronger and sustained partnership between Afghanistan, Pakistan and NATO to secure the border, to take out terrorist camps, and to crack down on cross-border insurgents. We need more troops, more helicopters, more satellites, more Predator drones in the Afghan border region. <span style='font-size: 17pt'><u>And we must make it clear that if Pakistan cannot or will not act, we will take out high-level terrorist targets like bin Laden if we have them in our sights."</u></span> </div></div>

watch it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkcTPQ504Lg&feature=player_embedded)

Wow!!!

A Pres candidate that actually kept his word!!!

Q..........Tap,..... link (http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/obama-proves-critics-wrong-keeps-bin-laden-promise)

sack316
05-03-2011, 03:28 AM
tap tap tap... and kudos to the man for keeping his word on this, even if not popular with his base. He deserves a great deal of respect for this... and I for one hope he gets it. From both left and right alike...

Good post Q

Sack

LWW
05-03-2011, 04:47 AM
That is simply precious being that you have spent years arguing that it was Bush and not Osama behind 9/11.

Qtec
05-03-2011, 05:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is simply precious being that you have spent years arguing that it was Bush and not Osama behind 9/11. </div></div>

That's just in your imagination.

You just said that its 'suspicious' that they got rid of the body! Its a great start for another conspiracy theory you said.

What about the USA suffering the most dissasterous assault ever on own soil since Pearl Harbour and the POTUS is against finding out what went wrong? He was against the Comission and they withheld info and 1,000,s of documents. They also deleted 1,000,000s of emails.

Enough there for a conspiracy theory don't you think?

Q

Qtec
05-03-2011, 05:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tap tap tap... and kudos to the man for keeping his word on this, even if not popular with his base. He deserves a great deal of respect for this... <u>and I for one hope he gets it. From both left and right alike...</u>

Good post Q

Sack </div></div>

No chance. See above nutjob post.

A desperate attempt to change the subject.

Q

LWW
05-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Don't try to deny it.

You posted ad nauseum about the WTC being an inside job and a controlled demolition.

Gayle in MD
05-03-2011, 05:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On August 1, 2007, Senator Barack Obama delivered a major speech on foreign policy. In addition to pledging to unilaterally launch strikes against Bin Laden and other high-value targets in Pakistan, Obama promised he would ramp up the U.S. effort in the under-resourced effort across the border in Afghanistan. In July 2008, Obama explained:

"<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The greatest threat to that security <span style="color: #3333FF">lies in the tribal regions of Pakistan, where terrorists train and insurgents strike into Afghanistan. We cannot tolerate a terrorist sanctuary, and as President, I won't.</span></span> We need a stronger and sustained partnership between Afghanistan, Pakistan and NATO to secure the border, to take out terrorist camps, and to crack down on cross-border insurgents. We need more troops, more helicopters, more satellites, more Predator drones in the Afghan border region. <span style='font-size: 17pt'><u>And we must make it clear that if Pakistan cannot or will not act, we will take out high-level terrorist targets like bin Laden if we have them in our sights."</u></span> </div></div>

watch it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkcTPQ504Lg&feature=player_embedded)

Wow!!!

A Pres candidate that actually kept his word!!!

Q..........Tap,..... link (http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/obama-proves-critics-wrong-keeps-bin-laden-promise) </div></div>

Excellent post, Q.
I wonder how Republicans are going to continue to push their decades old lie, that Democratics are weak on National Security, now that our current DEMOCRATIC President has killed the most dangerous and hated terrorist in the world, and the world, and the youth of America, is cheering his success?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Remember how McCain bashed him during the Presidential debate, over Obama's description of this very scenario, lol.

Last night there was a bi-partisan dinner, which had been planned for quite some time, and during which everyone in the room, Dems and Repubs, gave him a standing ovation, when he referred to bin Laden's death.

It's going to be sort of hard for them to accuse him of a lack of foreign policy experience, and weak on terrorism, going forward, I'd say.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

BTW, Brennan stated this morning, waterboarding was not the reason we got the information, which led to this success.

Cheney had used the words, "our program" instead of the word, "Torture" in his effort to steal the limelight, and soften the illegal use of torture, a bit premature of him, since that is simply not the case.

This was the result of loads of intelligence, which thhis president USED~! HE alone, is the one who made our intelligence, work for us.

AND, since that compound was built way back in 2005, how come, if their torture had worked, and been the lynchpin of the current success, they weren't able to USE it to get bin Laden, themselves???

More Republican BS.

G.

LWW
05-03-2011, 06:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HE alone, is the one who made our intelligence, work for us.

G.</div></div>

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hUqhilguoPs/SF8oG60kbeI/AAAAAAAACik/zMINq-pYndY/s400/obamessiah.JPG
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Your phrases of idol worship never cease to amaze me.</span>

pooltchr
05-03-2011, 06:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

AND, since that compound was built way back in 2005, how come, if their torture had worked, and been the lynchpin of the current success, they weren't able to USE it to get bin Laden, themselves???

G.
</div></div>

From what I understand, the gathering of intelligence has been going on for years. I believe the first information regarding the courier came to light 3 or 4 years ago, so this is not something that just happened since Obama took office. Our country has been working to find OBL for a decade. Everything finally came together last week, and fortunately, Obama had enough people on his senior staff to "encourage" him to allow them to go get him.

Your efforts to paint this as entirely Obama's baby is laughable. Ever watch a relay race? The anchor is the one who breaks the ribbon at the finish line, but much of the credit has to go the the first runners who kept passing the batton to the next runner. The early runners contribute by putting the last runner in position to finish first.

Steve

LWW
05-03-2011, 07:08 AM
She's only following her marching orders.

She obviously knows her place.

pooltchr
05-03-2011, 07:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

BTW, Brennan stated this morning, waterboarding was not the reason we got the information, which led to this success.

</div></div>

Interesting. NBC reported this morning that the gathering of information for this operation goes back 7 years, and includes the use of EITs in GITMO.

Go figure!

Steve

LWW
05-03-2011, 07:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Interesting. NBC reported this morning that the gathering of information for this operation goes back 7 years, and includes the use of EITs in GITMO.

Go figure!

Steve </div></div>

Only because dear leader, and <span style='font-size: 17pt'>ONLY</span> <span style='font-size: 26pt'>DEAR LEADER</span>, had them do it!!!!

eg8r
05-03-2011, 08:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how Republicans are going to continue to push their decades old lie, that Democratics are weak on National Security, now that our current DEMOCRATIC President has killed the most dangerous and hated terrorist in the world, and the world, and the youth of America, is cheering his success?
</div></div>For me, one man and one decision does not reverse decades of history. Sorry. I do agree this is a step in the right direction but Rome was not built in a day. Keep on chugging, I am proud of Obama and the decision he made.

eg8r

eg8r
05-03-2011, 08:31 AM
I agree. It is about time someone stepped out of the ranks of the Democratic anti-war weenie crowd and did what is right for our country.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-03-2011, 09:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how Republicans are going to continue to push their decades old lie, that Democratics are weak on National Security, now that our current DEMOCRATIC President has killed the most dangerous and hated terrorist in the world, and the world, and the youth of America, is cheering his success?
</div></div>For me, one man and one decision does not reverse decades of history. Sorry. I do agree this is a step in the right direction but Rome was not built in a day. Keep on chugging, I am proud of Obama and the decision he made.

eg8r </div></div>

Ed,
You never have to apologize to me, for stating your opinion, in a clear, and civil manner. We all have a right to state our opinions.

Tap Tap Tap, on your praise of the President's decision. I fully agree, as you know. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

G.

Sev
05-03-2011, 02:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how Republicans are going to continue to push their decades old lie, that Democratics are weak on National Security, now that our current DEMOCRATIC President has killed the most dangerous and hated terrorist in the world, and the world, and the youth of America, is cheering his success?

eg8r </div></div>

Its beginning to look like he was dragged kicking and screaming to the decision. Its looking like he feared the political fallout if failure occurred. Looks like Leon was the actual man in the room.

Nothing but political triangulation. Pretty sad.

Its a good thing our military is made of sterner stuff than Obama is.

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 02:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does not reverse decades of history. </div></div>
Yes, yes, I now remember when Truman capitulated to the Germans in WWII, and then JFK did the same to Castro and the Cubans.And lets not forget LBJ surrendering in Viet Nam......