PDA

View Full Version : Can someone keep an eye on Stretch for a bit ...

LWW
05-03-2011, 06:58 AM
... I'm worried about him after this news:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OTTAWA (Reuters) - <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Canada's Conservatives stormed to a decisive victory in Monday's federal election, winning 54 percent of the seats in Parliament and securing a stable four-year term in power after vowing to focus on the economy.</span>

The Conservatives grabbed 167 seats in Canada's Parliament, well above the 155 they needed to transform their minority government into a majority, according to provisional results. ...

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The Liberals, who have ruled Canada for more years than any other party, were reduced to a dismal third place showing with their worst ever seat haul.</span>

"What a great night. ... Canadians can now turn the page on the uncertainties and the repeat elections of the past seven years and focus on building a great future," Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper told a victory rally in Calgary, Alberta early on Tuesday morning.

"Our plan (is) to create jobs and growth without raising your taxes," he said to loud cheers.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>The market's nightmare scenario of an unstable minority government headed by the pro-labor New Democratic Party never came to pass. Harper now has free rein to keep corporate taxes low in the nation of more than 34 million people and bring in a string of tax breaks once he balances the budget, projected within four years.</span>

"It's going to reinforce quite a bit of stability and confidence, and Canada is going to continue to be very attractive for foreign investors," said Youssef Zohny, portfolio manager at Van Arbor Asset Management in Vancouver.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"With a Conservative majority, you're essentially assured a fairly business-friendly platform, low taxes, continued investment in energy and potential future energy projects. In terms of investment it's definitely got a bullish bias."</span> ... </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>OH MY ... EH! (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/conservatives-head-victory-canada-election-022335447.html)</span>

Sev
05-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Looks like a Canadian Tea Party to me.

LWW
05-03-2011, 07:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a Canadian Tea Party to me. </div></div>

Did you ever hear how Canada got it's name?

When it was founded, their legislature hired a company to come up with a name.

The company returned "Coldest Northernmost Democracy" ... and the legislature thought it was too long.

The company replied that they had thought of that and suggested that the simply used the initials as an acronym.

The legislature asked for an explanation.

The company's rep replied they should just use "C., eh ... N., eh ... D., eh" and be done with it.

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 05:01 PM
I have made many trips to Canada, when I lived on the East Coast, usually to Toronto, and a few times to Montreal. I was proud to stand for the Canadian National Anthem played at the NHL hockey games that I was attending.
When I moved out west, I also travelled up with a friend to Vancouver, and helped him build a two car garage,with a concrete
floor and driveway (sans any permits),.... for his son.
At night we went out and played pool up there...Snooker actually, as 8 & 9 ball hadn't caught on there yet.
I'm sure that you might have skeered Stretch off of this site, at least for the interim? He's probably waiting for your wrath to subside.....or maybe he is just sick of reading your ad nauseum postings here.....you have almost a 2k lead in post count...over others who have been on here much longer. I'm guessing that you are also #1 in counts over on AZB? Sounds like you are very dedicated to sharing your insider's, eyed only, special knowledge with others who don't have the time to watch Fox 24/7 ???

Stretch
05-04-2011, 03:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have made many trips to Canada, when I lived on the East Coast, usually to Toronto, and a few times to Montreal. I was proud to stand for the Canadian National Anthem played at the NHL hockey games that I was attending.
When I moved out west, I also travelled up with a friend to Vancouver, and helped him build a two car garage,with a concrete
floor and driveway (sans any permits),.... for his son.
At night we went out and played pool up there...Snooker actually, as 8 & 9 ball hadn't caught on there yet.
I'm sure that you might have skeered Stretch off of this site, at least for the interim? He's probably waiting for your wrath to subside.....or maybe he is just sick of reading your ad nauseum postings here.....you have almost a 2k lead in post count...over others who have been on here much longer. I'm guessing that you are also #1 in counts over on AZB? Sounds like you are very dedicated to sharing your insider's, eyed only, special knowledge with others who don't have the time to watch Fox 24/7 ??? </div></div>

Me skeered? Never, lol i just find it easier as time goes by to ignor the a-holes. I especialy love it when they diss Canada. I figure the more they convince themselves that what we have is somehow undesirable the less likely it will be that they will ever want to visit. St.

LWW
05-04-2011, 03:45 AM
Who dissed Canada?

I'm glad they are abandoning their leftist ways.

Qtec
05-04-2011, 06:15 AM
In the USA, people are up in arms against the policies that the RW, that they were conned into voting for, are too radical. It turns out that the ticket they ran and what they promised is nowhere near what they want to do now.

As usual, if you want they GOP to lose the next election, the solution is to give them power now.

Reagan...tripled the debt.
Bush,....doubled it again.

Q