PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden was Unarmed

llotter
05-03-2011, 10:45 AM
So, it now comes out that Geronimo was unarmed when he was shot. As Rush reminds us, some navy SEALS were courts martialed for giving another terrorist a fat lip. The Left celebrates when they are told to celebrate.

LWW
05-03-2011, 10:49 AM
How true.

Gayle in MD
05-03-2011, 11:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, it now comes out that Geronimo was unarmed when he was shot. As Rush reminds us, some navy SEALS were courts martialed for giving another terrorist a fat lip. The Left celebrates when they are told to celebrate. </div></div>

This may very well be one of your most hilarious posts.

I knew that Limpballs was fat, ugly, irrational and repulsive, but now we can add stupid, to his identity.

Did you care, when Bush dropped bombs all over Iraq, killing thousands of innocent people, to get one man?

FYI, it isn't "The left" celebrating, the whole world is celebrating, FYI.

The man has killed hundreds of thousand of innocent people, and you want to gripe about it if we killed him, when he wasn't armed?

OMG!

NEWSFLASH!!! The police shoot people, and can legally shoot them, if they just fail to halt, when told, when they are known to be public enemies, or threats to the safety of others.

Sorry, that you're so upset, that the man who has killed at least three thousand Americans, and brought this country to its knees, on 9/11, wasn't firing a gun, when we killed him. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Have you forgotten, "Wanted, Dead or alive"???? or that Bush wanted them to bring him bin Laden's head?

Ever heard that song...na na na nah, na na na nah, oh yeah, goodbye.

Crowds of people all over America, were singing that song in glee, on sundey night, after learning that bin Laden had been shot to death, that makes twice...that throngs of Americans broke into song, over knowing they didn't have to put up with someone, anymore.

The day Bush left office, and the day we celebrated that bin Laden, was dead.

What a crock!

Your just get zanier and zanier. Rush said it, huh?

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 12:09 PM
WTF .....you are now insulting Democrats/Liberals...because they
probably cheered the news about OBL (I plead guilty)
Sorry then that it wasn't a fair fight, and that "Gentle Bin" was unarmed,... but then, so were the many that died in the 9/11 attack.
You would have preferred that the final battle was mano e mano, like the ending of the movie "High Noon" Or maybe a heroic odds against battle like at the Alamo?
Rush is outraged over the news about OBL? Did he lose a friend...how well is GWB taking the loss? I'm only sorry they didn't take Rush out in the firefight
I had my phones turned off, as I do every night, and I just turned my computer on, did not check my email, and went directly to this site....so I may have missed the directive to cheer.

llotter
05-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Life must be so much easier for you when thinking or consistency doesn't get in the way of the spontaneous happiness you are told to exhibit, Gayle. Each day starts afresh with no connection whatsoever to the past, with no realization to what was said and done yesterday are the opposite of what is said and done today. I am depending on LWW to point out the exact scenario from Orwell that's appropriate here.

llotter
05-03-2011, 01:03 PM
No, you miss the point. It is not the success of the mission that I decry, it is that any credit should go to those unfortunates on the Left, most especially The Pathetic Moron in the WH.

While they were disparaging GWB and everything he did to keep the country safe, those on the Left now celebrate continuing the same tactics and strategies (begrudgingly) because they are all too damn stupid to see that their criticisms were totally without merit. It was clear to any thoughtful person that the Left was playing politics when we were at war and that they were misleading the country for their own political gain.

pooltchr
05-03-2011, 01:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm only sorry they didn't take Rush out in the firefight

</div></div>

That is pretty low, woofie, even for you.
Wishing someone would be killed??????????????
REALLY????????????

Maybe LWW is right...mabye we can't set the bar low enough for you.

Steve

Sev
05-03-2011, 02:03 PM
The MSM is now coming out with information that Bush era protacals were indeed a factor in the execution of Osama.

Wire taps and secret interrogation sites were involved.

We should expect pandimonium from the antiwar left.

OH!!

<span style="color: #660000"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>Dick Carny has stated that Osama was not armed. </span></span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #006600">Well neither were any of the woodchucks I have killed. Vermin are vermin whether they walk on 2 or 4 legs.</span> </span>

LWW
05-03-2011, 03:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm only sorry they didn't take Rush out in the firefight

</div></div>

That is pretty low, woofie, even for you.
Wishing someone would be killed??????????????
REALLY????????????

Maybe LWW is right...mabye we can't set the bar low enough for you.

Steve </div></div>

Actually, if you review the body of work from this hate filled troll ... it's not surprising at all.

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 03:26 PM
yeah I did make that statement, What are you going to do about it,
run it by the admin? Sometime in the near future you might have the chance to confront me directly over it; and maybe then you can also explain your remarks concerning my family,....???

pooltchr
05-03-2011, 03:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah I did make that statement.....you have a problem with that,
run it by the admin. Later on this summer you might have the chance to confront me directly over it....and I like my chances. </div></div>

That sounds suspiciously like a threat to me!
In one breath, you state that you wish someone you don't like had been killed.
Now you threaten to come face to face with me?

You are truely one sick individual.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm telling you that I'm tired of your bullying tactics, and implied threats against both myself and Gayle. It's easy to be a tough guy on the internet....just read some of "Rambo's" posts.
My "threat" is that ..I'm not a 62 yr old woman....I can fight back! You are correct ...I would like you to repeat your sexual comments about my family, face to face....and then let the chips fall where they may. I think you are one sicko yourself.
Hope that doesn't stick in your craw, tough guy.

LWW
05-03-2011, 06:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://yourownimage.com/Wile-E-Coyote.jpg
</div></div>

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 06:08 PM
I actually think you are unarmed, but then you are just a loud mouthed braggart, who probably doesn't need to wear a jock strap.
You are claiming that I first published that? Can you point out that post....or then man up, and offer me an apology.

LWW
05-03-2011, 06:16 PM
OK ... I'm sorry that you need help.

And that is the truth.

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 06:25 PM
you are making your share of lying claims about me. I guess I should start saving them?

Gayle in MD
05-03-2011, 06:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Life must be so much easier for you when thinking or consistency doesn't get in the way of the spontaneous happiness you are told to exhibit, Gayle. Each day starts afresh with no connection whatsoever to the past, with no realization to what was said and done yesterday are the opposite of what is said and done today. I am depending on LWW to point out the exact scenario from Orwell that's appropriate here. </div></div>

BWA HA HA HA!!!! You just get more irrational.

Hey, answer a simple question, can you?

WHO CARES WHETHER BIN LADEN WAS ARMED, OR NOT????

REPUBLICANS ARE A JOKE!

Gayle in MD
05-03-2011, 06:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, you miss the point. It is not the success of the mission that I decry, it is that any credit should go to those unfortunates on the Left, most especially The Pathetic Moron in the WH.

While they were disparaging GWB and everything he did to keep the country safe, those on the Left now celebrate continuing the same tactics and strategies (begrudgingly) because they are all too damn stupid to see that their criticisms were totally without merit. It was clear to any thoughtful person that the Left was playing politics when we were at war and that they were misleading the country for their own political gain. </div></div>

WRONG!

Bush lied us into a war, we didn't need to fight, spent us into a debt hole, broke our laws and treaties, and additionally, president Obama has changed EVERYTHING since taking the office.

Republicans blocked closing GITMO.

Republicans blocked the public option.

Republicans blocked getting bin Laden, when we had him cornored in Tora Bora, Rumsfeld, refused to give the OK.

Bush was the worst president in history, and the most incompetent and dishonest.

Historians, agree, that's why he is a joke to the world, and can't leave the country to travel abroad.

President Obama, accomplished in two years, what Bush couldn't do in eight years, he got the most wanted man in history, since Hitler!

Bush couldn't do it, so he pretended, after all of his bravado about getting the people who brought down the towers, so he then tried to dilute the importance of getting bin Laden, at all.

Now that Obama got him, the disgraceful Republicans, and cheney are out there tryng to claim that they had a damn thing to do with it.

ANOTHER LIE!

KSM did not play any role, in this colossal success of President Obama's.

Additionally....who cares if bin Laden was armed, or not.

You're all os jealous, that obama got the job done, and Bush, had eight years to get bin laden, COULD NOT DO IT!

ANOTHER BUSH FAILURE!

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I believe his remarks to be insults, posted just for the sake of insulting. I would get banned had I made similar comments.
Since he has made declarative statements, not prefacing them with " I think",......I think they border on a personal attack. But maybe it's considered no harm/no foul here, if directed towards a "lefty"????

Gayle in MD
05-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Like his buddy, there is nothing relevant in anything he posts.

But lets give them all the space they want, to show their petty selves up for what they are.

Cheney is lying again, Rush is conflating again, and they are obviously, smashed, over the fact that President Obama, got bin Laden, after BUSH GAVE UP ON GETTING BIN LADEN.

All hat, no cattle, GWB, who created the most devastating disasters this country has ever had to face, two F-ed up unfinished wars, the economy in collapse, trillions of debt for his unpaid for wars, and his unpaid for programs, and eight years, of breaking laws and treaties, and being shame to our country.

Facts are facts, and facts are never part of their accusations.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 07:21 PM
In my thinking this was a win for America, but if he feels that the credit belongs entirely to GWB and the Republicans.....who cares?
just look at his heading "Bin Laden was unarmed" wtf
So were the people on the Achille Lauro, as well as the passengers on American Airlines flight #11 and flight # 175

cushioncrawler
05-03-2011, 07:46 PM
wikileaks
In historical legal systems, an outlaw is a person declared as outside the protection of the law. In pre-modern societies, this takes the burden of active persecution of a criminal from the authorities. Instead, the criminal is withdrawn all legal protection, so that anyone is legally empowered to persecute or kill them. Outlawry was thus one of the harshest penalties in the legal system, since the outlaw had only himself to protect himself, but it also required no enforcement on the part of the justice system. In early Germanic law, the death penalty is conspicuously absent, and outlawing is the most extreme punishment, presumably amounting to a death sentence in practice.

The concept is known from Roman law, as the status of homo sacer, and persisted throughout the Middle Ages. It was only in the modern period that the principle of habeas corpus was established, requiring that criminals must be judged in person by a court of law before they can legally be punished.

In the common law of England, a "Writ of Outlawry" made the pronouncement Caput gerat lupinum ("Let his be a wolf's head," literally "May he bear a wolfish head") with respect to its subject, using "head" to refer to the entire person (cf. "per capita") and equating that person with a wolf in the eyes of the law: Not only was the subject deprived of all legal rights of the law being outside of the "law", but others could kill him on sight as if he were a wolf or other wild animal.

cushioncrawler
05-03-2011, 07:49 PM
The term Outlawry referred to the formal procedure of declaring someone an outlaw, i.e. putting him outside of the sphere of legal protection. In the common law of England, a judgment of (criminal) outlawry was one of the harshest penalties in the legal system, since the outlaw could not use the legal system to protect them if needed, e.g. from mob justice. To be declared an outlaw was to suffer a form of civil or social[6] death. The outlaw was debarred from all civilized society. No one was allowed to give him food, shelter, or any other sort of support – to do so was to commit the crime of aiding and abetting, and to be in danger of the ban oneself. In effect, (criminal) outlaws were criminals on the run who were "wanted dead or alive".

An outlaw might be killed with impunity; and it was not only lawful but meritorious to kill a thief flying from justice — to do so was not murder. A man who slew a thief was expected to declare the fact without delay, otherwise the dead man’s kindred might clear his name by their oath and require the slayer to pay weregild as for a true man.[7] Because the outlaw had defied civil society, that society was quit of any obligations to the outlaw — outlaws had no civil rights and could not sue in any court on any cause of action, though they were themselves personally liable.

By the rules of common law, a criminal outlaw did not need to be guilty of the crime he was outlawed for. If a man was accused of a crime and, instead of appearing in court and defending himself from accusations, fled from justice, he was committing serious contempt of court which was itself a capital crime; so even if he were innocent of the crime he was originally accused of, he was guilty of evading justice.

In the context of criminal law, outlawry faded not so much by legal changes as by the greater population density of the country, which made it harder for wanted fugitives to evade capture; and by the international adoption of extradition pacts.

The Third Reich made extensive use of the concept.[8] Prior to the Nuremberg Trials, the British jurist Lord Chancellor Lord Simon attempted to resurrect the concept of outlawry in order to provide for summary executions of captured Nazi war criminals. Although Simon's point of view was supported by Winston Churchill, American and Soviet attorneys insisted on a trial, and he was thus overruled.

cushioncrawler
05-03-2011, 07:56 PM
The Outlaw iz the equivalent of the muslim Fatwa i guess.
mac.

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 07:59 PM
I still don't understand the outcry over him being unarmed. Maybe they would care to share that concern with the victims of the World Trade Center....or dozens of other atrocities ordered by OBL?

cushioncrawler
05-03-2011, 09:33 PM
If he had understood english he might hav raised hiz hands. If they had arrested him he would be out on bail by now.

What if he had retired before they had a chance to get him??
After retirement, would he hav gotten a job az a consultant with BP??
Would he hav been on the main table at Cheney's roast, talken bout the goodoldays??
mac.

wolfdancer
05-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Those are definitely points to ponder.

Deeman3
05-03-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't care if he was unarmed, naked and praying...He was shot, should have been shot and kicked anew times just to enhance the experience. Now I see a "theory" that we killed him years ago and kept his body frozen at a Maryland Baskins-Robins until needed for PR purposes!

People, get a life!

pooltchr
05-03-2011, 10:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm telling you that I'm tired of your bullying tactics, and implied threats against both myself and Gayle. It's easy to be a tough guy on the internet....just read some of "Rambo's" posts.
My "threat" is that ..I'm not a 62 yr old woman....I can fight back! You are correct ...I would like you to repeat your sexual comments about my family, face to face....and then let the chips fall where they may. I think you are one sicko yourself.
</div></div>

And here you go with this lie again. Perhaps you can post a link to these alledged comments made about your family.

And you are really getting out of control with the threats. I guess you're bucking for another vacation?

Steve

wolfdancer
05-04-2011, 01:37 AM
No threat as stated was:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My "threat" is that ..I'm not a 62 yr old woman....I can fight back! </div></div>
If you can get me banned for that, then they can make that ban permanent

Stretch
05-04-2011, 01:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm telling you that I'm tired of your bullying tactics, and implied threats against both myself and Gayle. It's easy to be a tough guy on the internet....just read some of "Rambo's" posts.
</div></div>

And here you go with this lie again. Perhaps you can post a link to these alledged comments made about your family.

And you are really getting out of control with the threats. I guess you're bucking for another vacation?

Steve </div></div>

Grow thicker skin. From what i've seen recently, anything goes. St.

Gayle in MD
05-04-2011, 06:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still don't understand the outcry over him being unarmed. Maybe they would care to share that concern with the victims of the World Trade Center....or dozens of other atrocities ordered by OBL? </div></div>

It's very simple.

They hate Obama.

They know bush was a pissporr president.

They know that Bush destroyed the economoy.

They know that Bush was caught lying us into a war, for his oil cronies, Da Da, the bin Laden's, the Saudies, all in bed with the Bush Family, for decades.

They know that Bush dropped all efforts to get the man who attacked us.

They know that Bush never resolved either of the wars, he launched, and failed to provide what our Special Forces asked for, when they had bin Laden was cornered in Tora Bora.

They know that a black man, has handled himself, with far more honor, dignity, and successful, unprecedented successes, that no Republicans have ever been able to pull off.

They know that the whole world, is honoring President Obama, for getting the most wanted man since Hitler.

They know that Obama is being cheered for his success, all over the world.

They know that Obama's speeches, inspired the demands of the oppressed, to remove their dictators, and work for Democracy.

They know that all of our predictions, all along, were right, and all of theirs, were totally a joke.

They are internet bullies, ignorant, uninformed, and displaying psychological problems.

They have their own, Calliphate going, against all Americans, who can see through them, and their gross ignorance, of the facts.

Their hatred, and bullying will grow, now that this President, has shown he stands head and shoulders, above every Republican President, since Nixon.

It's killing them, that President Obama, achieved what the chimp, could do in eight years, and their absurd lies, and zany conspiracy theories, have all been exposed, but they will only ramp it all up, as always, when they continue to be proven to be the Taliban-like, fundamentlist nutjobs, they've always been.

Facts, are not part of their thinking, only liles, distractions, and attacks on those who have proven, that their points of view, were riht, all along.

any Patriotic American, would be celebrating this huge success, and be patriotic enough, to applaud this huge win for our country.

But, NOT THE RIGHT!

Thier slander, always ends up looking like high school nerds, irritated over their dork behavior.

You don't see Deeman, or Sack, joining into their attacks on this President.

Intelligent adults, don't have to change the subject, and resort to attacks and slander, internet law breaking, forum rule breaking, and spewing lies, when they've been proven wrong.

G.

Qtec
05-04-2011, 07:01 AM
No court martial. Their mission was to kill OBL, end of story.

Can you imagine OBL on the stand spilling the beans?

Q

eg8r
05-04-2011, 07:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bin Laden was Unarmed </div></div>So what. So where our innocent men, women and children.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-04-2011, 08:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, it now comes out that Geronimo was unarmed when he was shot. As Rush reminds us, some navy SEALS were courts martialed for giving another terrorist a fat lip. The Left celebrates when they are told to celebrate. </div></div>

SO YOU ARE NOT CELEBRATING THE FACT THAT PRESIDENT OBAMA, OUR CIA, OUR COUNTER TERRORIST PEOPLE IN HOMELAND SECURITY, OUR FBI, OUR MILITARY, OUR NAVY SEALS, OUR TOP LEVEL ADMINISTRATION OFFICIALS, all of them, UNDER PRESIDENT OBAMA'S POLICIES AND DIRECTION, KILLED BIN LADEN?

Yes or no?

pooltchr
05-04-2011, 08:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

SO YOU ARE NOT CELEBRATING THE FACT THAT PRESIDENT OBAMA, OUR CIA, OUR COUNTER TERRORIST PEOPLE IN HOMELAND SECURITY, OUR FBI, OUR MILITARY, OUR NAVY SEALS, OUR TOP LEVEL ADMINISTRATION OFFICIALS, all of them, UNDER PRESIDENT OBAMA'S POLICIES AND DIRECTION, KILLED BIN LADEN?

Yes or no? </div></div>

The credit for this goes from the bottom up, not from the top down. Of all those you listed, Obama probably had the least to do with making this a successful operation. That is what you just don't seem to understand.
Politicians do not accomplish much of anything...they tell others to do do things.
Steve

llotter
05-04-2011, 08:47 AM
My point, Gayle, again, it that the Left suddenly celebrates shooting an unarmed alleged terrorist today when only yesterday they were courts martialing SEALS for giving an alleged terrorist a fat lip. What makes it okay today but wholly wrong yesterday? I suggest that it is nothing more that the fact that it is The Pathetic Moron doing both. Yesterday it was a permanent black mark on our history to use water-boarding to protect our country and today it is okay to shoot someone in the head. Yesterday Gitmo was the worst thing to ever happen but today indefinite detention there is a good and necessary thing.

Yes, I am glad that OBL is dead and that our elite military shot him but I was generally happy with how GWB conducted foreign policy, including water-boarding, Gitmo, and not treating captives as though the Geneva Convention applied. I don't have to adjust my common sense to support dear leader on a day to day basis.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/05/isnt_execution_without_trial_w.html

llotter
05-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Meanwhile, The Pathetic Moron takes us to war on his own authority (as dictators are wont to do) in Libya with no approval from Congress. And there is no doubt that he'll be sending in his personal assassination squad to do away with another bad guy, a theme that the Left has been blasting for years. And just as certainly, they will cheer on demand again.

It would not surprise me if much of the public celebration immediately following OBL's demise was contrived by the Left to create their own story line supporting their Messiah.

sack316
05-04-2011, 09:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, you miss the point. It is not the success of the mission that I decry, it is that any credit should go to those unfortunates on the Left, most especially The Pathetic Moron in the WH.

While they were disparaging GWB and everything he did to keep the country safe, those on the Left now celebrate continuing the same tactics and strategies (begrudgingly) because they are all too damn stupid to see that their criticisms were totally without merit. It was clear to any thoughtful person that the Left was playing politics when we were at war and that they were misleading the country for their own political gain. </div></div>

You know I'm generally one who is more than happy to point out hypocrisy when I see it, and I do see your point for sure... at least on the appearance of it all.

But I also personally think this particular instance is of the sort where when and if the ends justified the means, THEN the means are more accepted.

For instance, maybe not as much on this forum, but MOST of my lefty friends over the last few years have indeed criticized Obama for not doing enough to bring the wars to a close as promised. I also believe that had WMD's and the like been discovered in Iraq, those same people I mention would have been more accepting of that war... as something would have been shown for it (note: they did cheer Sadaam being removed from power, but otherwise they wonder why we're still there).

I think it's just a matter of some degree of success being shown for the means with a solid reason that is the difference, and not as much being hypocritical. Of course there are exceptions to that, but for the most part I feel my observation is pretty accurate on that... in THIS particular instance.

It's like when the coach of (insert favorite football team here) keeps calling one run play after another, and the RB is being stuffed all day long. He's an idiot the whole time... until the D-line breaks down and the back busts through with a 60 yard TD run... suddenly he's a genius for wearing down the defense all game and sticking with the game plan.

Sack

wolfdancer
05-04-2011, 09:31 AM
You really are wired differently then most. You believe that the
left, which is anybody that didn't vote for Bush, or Sarah...they
are "The Enemy Within", and must be stopped.
I just believe that people like you that are trying to divide the country, are weakening the country......and you can report that back to whatever wacko wing nut group you might be part of.
You would have hated my Mom, as she lived until 92, receiving SS payments, and also rang up some hefty bills on Medicare and Medicaid. AND she was a devout Irish Catholic.

pooltchr
05-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Very good point, and one they just don't want to admit to. The very same policies they were outraged over when Bush was in office are now being acclaimed for this successful operation now that Obama is president.

Furthermore, they seem to have a great need to make sure Obama gets as much credit as possible for this operation. The way I see it, the credit belongs first and foremost to the SEAL team that executed the plan, and then moves up the chain of command. The very last person, the one due the least amount of credit, would be the person at the top of the chain of command, who would have been the farthest removed from any actual planning or execution of said operation.

Steve

wolfdancer
05-04-2011, 09:55 AM
That would be a given, as I have previously noted. Presidents do get the headlines.....I think GWB had his own share of "photo ops" but going back even further, this may be one of the most famous:

http://www.museumsyndicate.com/images/4/35243.jpg

Gayle in MD
05-04-2011, 10:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My point, Gayle, again, it that the Left suddenly celebrates shooting an unarmed alleged terrorist today when only yesterday they were courts martialing SEALS for giving an alleged terrorist a fat lip.

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>PLEASE PROVIDE THE DOCUMENTATION THAT PROVES THAT <span style='font-size: 17pt'>YESTERDAY,</span> WE WERE COURT MARTIALING SEALS, FOR GIVING AN ALLEGED TERRORIST A FAT LIP.

SO YOUR GRIPE, IS THAT WE KILLED BIN LADEN, WHEN HE WAS NOT ARMED, THAT IS YOUR GRIPE? I WANT TO MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE, THAT THAT IS YOUR GRIPE!</span> </span>

What makes it okay today but wholly wrong yesterday?

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>WHO SAID IT WAS WRONG, YESTERDAY? LINK? </span> </span>

I suggest that it is nothing more that the fact that it is The Pathetic Moron doing both.

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>THE MORON LEFT OFFICE IN JANUARY OF 2009. </span> </span>

Yesterday it was a permanent black mark on our history to use water-boarding to protect our country and today it is okay to shoot someone in the head.

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>A RIDICULOUS COMPARISON. AGAIN, BUSHH BROKE THE GENEVA CONVENTIONS, BY USING TORTURE. PRESIDENT OBAMA USED HIS EXECUTIVE ORDER, TO FORBID THE USE OF TORTURE. THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION, DISGRACED OUR COUNTRY, USED TORTURE, BORKE THE FISA LAWS, OUTED A COVERT CIA AGENT PSECIALIST ON WMD, AND WE HAVE PROOF, THAT BUSH'S TORTURE PROVIDED NOT ONE SINGLE BIT OF ACTIONALBE INTELLIGENCE, AS SWORN TO BY OUR OWN FBI AGENTS, UNDER OATH.

EVERYONE IN THE WORLD, THINKS IT IS OK TO SHOOT THE LEADER OF RADICAL ISLAM, WHO HAS CREATED, AND RECRUITED, AND ANNOUNCED A CALLIPHATE AGAINST NUMEROUS COUNTRIES, AND YOU'RE GRIIPING BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE A WEAPON, WHEN WE SHOT HIM.

BUSH SAID, WANTED, DEAD OR ALIVE, BUT THAT WAS FINE WITH YOU? if bush had killed him, you wouldn't give a damn how he did it, but Bush was more interested in getting oil contracts for his Da Da, who was, and still is, in business with bin laden's father and brother. That's fine with you???? </span> </span>

Yesterday Gitmo was the worst thing to ever happen but today indefinite detention there is a good and necessary thing.

Yes, I am glad that OBL is dead and that our elite military shot him but I was generally happy with how GWB conducted foreign policy, including water-boarding, Gitmo, and not treating captives as though the Geneva Convention applied. I don't have to adjust my common sense to support dear leader on a day to day basis.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/05/isnt_execution_without_trial_w.html </div></div>

LMAO!

You give a link, to a RW website, to an article chock full of lies, and then you accuse others, of adjusting common sense?

REPUBLICANS BLOCKED TRYING THE TERRORISTS HERE IN CIVIL COURT.

BUSH'S TORTURE PROGRAM, COMPLICATED TRYING AND CONVICTING OUR ENEMIES.

REPUBLICANS BLOCKED CLOSING GITMO, TRYING THE TERRORIST THERE IN A CIVIL COURT, AND PUTTING THEM IN A FEDERAL PRISON, HERE, EVENTHOUGH UNDER BUSH, ONE OF THEM WAS TRIED IN A CIVIL COURT, AND IS IN A FEDERAL PRISON, AS WE WRITE.

THE FACT IS, THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION, BROKE THE GENEVA CONVENTIONS, AND BUSH/CHENEY CANNOT TRAVEL OVERSEAS, BECAUSE THEY WILL BE ARRESTED FOR WAR CRIMES.

BOTH, HAVE CANCELED TRIPS ABROAD, BECAUSE THEY TOLD THAT THEY WILL BE ARRESTED AND TRIED FOR WAR CRIMES, IF THEY COME INTO CERTAIN OTHER COUNTRIES.

THE WHOLE WORLD THINKS IT IS OK TO SHOOT BIN LADEN IN THE HEAD, WITH OR WITHOUT A WEAPON IN HIS HAND.

THE WHOLE WORD IS CELEBRATING HIS DEATH, AND PRAISING PRESIDENT OBAMA.

KILLING THE MAN WHO KILLED NEARLY THREE THOUSAND AMERICANS, WHO COMMITTED NO CRIME BUT TO GO TO WORK, UNARMED, I MIGHT ADD, TO MAKE A LIVING, AND YOU ARE BITCHING BECAUSE WE SHOT BIN LADEN, AND HE HAD NO WEAPON, AND TRYING TO COMPARE KILLING BIN LADEN, THE HEART AND SOUL AND FACE OF AL QAEDA, AS CONDOLEEZA RICE STATED ONLY YESTERDAY, ON MORNING JOE, YET YOU CAMPARE AND CRITICIZE THAT, LINKING IT TO SOME VAGUE ACCUSATION OF GIVING SOMEONE A FAT LIP, FOR WHICH YOU PROVIDE NO LINK?

IT WOULDN'T MATTER ANYWAY, YOUR GUY BUSH SAID WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE, REMEMBER, BUT YOU SHOW YOUR TWISTED PARTISANSHIP, WHEN YOU BAHS THHIS PRESIDENT, BECAUSE HEGOT BIN LADEN, AND BUSH NOT ONLY DIDN'T DO IT, BUT DIDN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT GETTING HIM, AS HE HAS STATED HIMSELF.

"MR. PRESIDENT, WHERE DO YOU THINK BIN LADEN IS?"

BUSH:

"I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE IS, HE'S HIDING. I DON'T THINK ABOUT HIM"

I CAN ASSURE YOU, this post of yours is among the more irrational and antiAmerican posts of all or your posts, annd btw, you never explained why you stopped praising your hero, the murderer, who disrtespected our laws, and hid in the bushes and killed innocent person.

BIN LADEN, AND ALLEDGED TERRORIST?????????????????

bwa ha ha ha...YOU ARE REALLY OUT THERE!

ADDITIONALLY:

We have sworn statements, made under oath, by FBI agents, which I watched, live, and they stated that they had KSM talking, until the Bush Administration insisted on using torture, at which point, he totally clammed up.

Numerous agents, have testified, that the Bush Administration's torture program, secured not one single operable piece of intelligence.

All under oath, in fronT of the Senate Investigation committee.

And this post of yours, proves your lack of patriotism, AND YOUR HATRED OF OUR PRESIDENT, when you suggest that anyone, anywhere, and any case, of any kind, would have any relativity at all, in how we handle killing the demon, which the whole world, save terrorists, is currently celebrating because this Prpesident did not give up on getting him, LIKE BUSH GAVE UP, and because he couldn't get him, he did what he always did, pretended that getting our attacker, who killed nearly three thousand innocent Americans, wasn't important.

AND YOU FELL FOR THAT?????????????????????

We have numerous clips, where Bush states, he doesn't know where bin Laden is, and doesn't care, and doesn't even think about him.

DOESN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THE TERRORIST WHO COMMITTED THE WORST TERRORIST ATTACK, AND VICIOUS ACT OF VIOLENCE AND KILLING OF INNOCENT AMERICANS, EVER, IN THE HISTORY OF THIS COUNTRY.

NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, CAN BE COMPARED TO THE IMPORTANCE OF KILLING BIN LADEN, AND SECURING HIS PAPERS.

And you don't like it!!!

SHAME ON YOU!!!!

wolfdancer
05-04-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm thinking that this gripe of his over the death of a terrorist,really isn't worth replying to.
And comparing it to an outcry over water boarding is grasping at straws. While I thought the water boarding to be barbaric, we were dealing with barbarians.....it may have been un-American but pretty much justified, given the circumstances

pooltchr
05-04-2011, 11:22 AM
OMG! We agree!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Steve

Gayle in MD
05-04-2011, 11:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm thinking that this gripe of his over the death of a terrorist,really isn't worth replying to.
And comparing it to an outcry over water boarding is grasping at straws. While I thought the water boarding to be barbaric, we were dealing with barbarians.....it may have been un-American but pretty much justified, given the circumstances </div></div>

Our own National Intelligence Agencies, sixteen of them, who present the national Intelligence Estimate, reported that the use of torture, was being used as a recruitment tool, by al Qaeda.

When the information was made public, al Qaeda, began flooding into Iraq, and and more of them, into afghanistan.

Fact is, we don't know how many of our troops, were blown up, because Bush and Cheney, broke the Geneva Conventions, by using torture.

No matter what others do, we should never have brought our country down to their level of inhumanity.

IMO, and in the opinion of five former Secretaries of State, we lost respect, around the world, and helped to al Qaeda to franchise, all because of the Bush/Cheney torture program, and like invasion and occupation of Iraq, we got out of it, but a black mark on the honor of our country.

I can see why some Americans would feel, why shouldn't we torture tham, given the way they behave.

IMO, the answer is, because WE are AMERICANS, not irrational, skum, like radical jjihadists!

We lost a lot of respect, because of that program, and I'm glad, that this president, ended it.

N wonder, international opinion of our country went way up, after we got rid of Bush, and Obama, made his foreign tour.

G.

LWW
05-04-2011, 12:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>PLEASE PROVIDE THE DOCUMENTATION THAT PROVES THAT <span style='font-size: 17pt'>YESTERDAY,</span> WE WERE COURT MARTIALING SEALS, FOR GIVING AN ALLEGED TERRORIST A FAT LIP.</span> </span></div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"><span style='font-family: Arial Black'><span style='font-size: 26pt'>WHAT'S WRONG, DOESN'T YOUR INTERNETS USE THE GOOGLE CHARLOTTE MY DEAR?</span></span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They captured one of the savage Islamic terrorists who committed this brutal, barbaric set of murders and desecrations. <span style='font-size: 11pt'>But they gave the guy a fat lip. And, in the Obama Islamo-pandering worldview, a swollen lip far exceeds murdering four Americans, burning their bodies to a crisp, and hanging them on display for Muslim laughing, smiling, and partying.</span>

It should be noted that the Bush Administration wasn’t much better on these things, with Condi Clueless a/k/a Condoleezza Rice forcing Muslim “sensitivity training” on Blackwater not long after the brutal murders of the four American contractors.

Still gotta love that Obama “perspective,” which is that much worse and hits a new low in surrender monkey-ism. Yup, this is how Barack Obama wishes the Navy SEALS a “Happy Thanksgiving.” Actually, it appears he’s taken the Best Buy route and skipped the Thanksgiving greetings in favor of a Happy Eid Al-Adha wish to Muslims. And it’s truly “meaningful.” Eid Al-Adha is the Muslim “festival of the sacrifice.” And the Obama Administration is sacrificing these Navy SEALS on the alter of Islamo-pandering:

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq — the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. <span style='font-size: 11pt'>And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges. . . .

The three, all members of the Navy’s elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment — called an admiral’s mast — and have requested a trial by court-martial.</span>

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named “Objective Amber,”<span style='font-size: 11pt'> told investigators he was punched by his captors — and he had the bloody lip to prove it.</span>

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

The three SEALs will be arraigned separately on Dec. 7. . . .

The official handwritten statement from one of the three witnesses [was] given on Sept. 3, hours after Abed was captured and still being held at the SEAL base at Camp Baharia. He was later taken to a cell in the U.S.-operated Green Zone in Baghdad. . . .

The detainee was turned over to Iraqi authorities, to whom he made the abuse complaints. He was then returned to American custody. The SEAL leader reported the charge up the chain of command, and an investigation ensued. </div></div>

FROM A SOURCE YOU HAVE ASSURED US IN THE PAST WAS BEYOND REPROACH! (http://www.debbieschlussel.com/12746/hey-dont-give-terrorist-murderers-a-fat-lip/)

DickLeonard
05-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Deeman3 Wanted Dead or Alive, but make sure he is Dead. That saved us Billions not having to Try Him. I can't believe that the Seals didn't have a piece to stick in his hand.

I can't believe that the Repubs wanted a fair fight.

It does make Jesse the Body Ventura look like a Genius. That was his solution for solving the War. Give me 6 Seals and we will get Osama. Of course shoot those two Chicken Hawks in the White House first. Dick

llotter
05-04-2011, 12:41 PM
The poor girl makes so many mistakes that it makes it nearly impossible to respond to. Willful ignorance can't be dealt with rationally.

wolfdancer
05-04-2011, 04:57 PM
I have pleaded with her to get off of this site, as so many in your crowd are getting off, from bullying her. Do you also report back to AZB HQ, with your Gayle "putdowns", to earn rep points, as another here does ?
Amazing to me, that one Grandmother type, can arouse so much hostility, just from her quoting her news source, which often counter your news sources.
Do you think you should warn the Folks at Walter Reed, where she was visiting our wounded vets....that she might be handing out Mao's "Little Red Book"?
I believe that she now does fear for her and her husband's
safety, and will leave the site. Dealing with these vicious personal attacks against her, and lately her business, does not bode well when she now needs to be in a positive state of mind. Bottom line....to paraphrase Richard M. Nixon:
You won't have her to kick around any more"

pooltchr
05-04-2011, 05:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...to paraphrase Richard M. Nixon:
You won't have her to kick around any more" </div></div>

No great loss.

Steve

LWW
05-05-2011, 03:00 AM
Isn't it amazing how traumatized someone can get over being asked to use the common manners most of us learned before kindergarten?